pixeltracker

If you could guarantee one 2017 Tony nominee, who/what would it be?- Page 2

If you could guarantee one 2017 Tony nominee, who/what would it be?

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#25If you could guarantee one 2017 Tony nominee, who/what would it be?
Posted: 5/1/17 at 1:38pm

I'd love to see a nomination for Stephanie J Block as well. She was phenomenal in Falsettos, and the sole reason I gave the show a standing ovation.

Honorable mention - He's not qualified (or even on Broadway), but I think Joshua Henry's Aaron Burr was the best stage performance I saw all of last year, bar Cynthia Erivo's Celie.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

ChildofEarth Profile Photo
ChildofEarth
#26If you could guarantee one 2017 Tony nominee, who/what would it be?
Posted: 5/1/17 at 1:50pm

Henry Lewis for The Play That Goes Wrong. The physicality that he displays when the set starts to fall apart is beyond. 

It would be Jenn Colella, but I am hoping beyond hopes that she's a lock at this point.

Updated On: 5/1/17 at 01:50 PM

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#27If you could guarantee one 2017 Tony nominee, who/what would it be?
Posted: 5/1/17 at 2:15pm

She's a lock but I loved Cynthia Nixon's always-on-verge-of-a-nervous-breakdown take on Birdie in LITTLE FOXES. And I thought Phillipa Soo was charming, funny, and lovely in an underwritten show, she'd get my vote. Thank you for keeping up the tradition, WickedRocks.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Sauja Profile Photo
Sauja
#28If you could guarantee one 2017 Tony nominee, who/what would it be?
Posted: 5/1/17 at 2:17pm

I have to give a vote for Richard Topol, so extraordinary in INDECENT, which itself I find totally underrated. It might be my favorite production of the whole season. 

Stage Door Sally Profile Photo
Stage Door Sally
#29If you could guarantee one 2017 Tony nominee, who/what would it be?
Posted: 5/1/17 at 2:18pm

I bet Richard Thomas will be overlooked, but he gave me chills as Horace in The Little Foxes.

froote
#30If you could guarantee one 2017 Tony nominee, who/what would it be?
Posted: 5/1/17 at 2:19pm

Another vote for Phillipa Soo after another year of her elevating the material she is given.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#31If you could guarantee one 2017 Tony nominee, who/what would it be?
Posted: 5/1/17 at 2:35pm

Actually, I'm changing mine to Dave Hearn in The Play That Goes Wrong. Still giggling from his hilarious performance!

marcor
#32If you could guarantee one 2017 Tony nominee, who/what would it be?
Posted: 5/1/17 at 2:39pm

Eva Noblezada- Miss Saigon

BakerWilliams Profile Photo
BakerWilliams
#33If you could guarantee one 2017 Tony nominee, who/what would it be?
Posted: 5/1/17 at 2:40pm

Condola Rashad for A Doll's House, Part 2

"In memory, everything happens to music"

MrPeach
#34If you could guarantee one 2017 Tony nominee, who/what would it be?
Posted: 5/1/17 at 3:22pm

A tie between Denis Arndt (Heisenberg) and Gideon Glick (Significant Other). Two of the best performances I saw all season. It's a shame they're each vulnerable for nominations when they should be battling it out for the win.

pupscotch
#35If you could guarantee one 2017 Tony nominee, who/what would it be?
Posted: 5/1/17 at 3:28pm

I wish I could guarantee Great Comet a Tony win for Best Musical. Alas, but even though it's ineligible, I would have loved to see the chromolume from Sunday awarded in some way (in addition to many other parts of that lovely revival).

JudyDenmark Profile Photo
JudyDenmark
#36If you could guarantee one 2017 Tony nominee, who/what would it be?
Posted: 5/1/17 at 3:51pm

pupscotch said: "I would have loved to see the chromolume from Sunday awarded in some way"

I didn't care for the show that much (I just don't love that score), but the chromolume was one of my favorite moments of the whole season. It won't get honored at the Tonys... but can we get it transferred to an actual museum?? I would absolutely pay to see that again at MoMA. 

Updated On: 5/1/17 at 03:51 PM

_IrisTInkerbell Profile Photo
_IrisTInkerbell
#37If you could guarantee one 2017 Tony nominee, who/what would it be?
Posted: 5/1/17 at 4:15pm

Bandstand for Best Musical. I loved it and it would be more likely to pick up some steam at the box office after being included on that list in this extremely packed season.

lczvera
#38If you could guarantee one 2017 Tony nominee, who/what would it be?
Posted: 5/1/17 at 5:51pm

I'd say Laurie Metcalf for best leading actress and Trip Cullman for directing either significant other or 6 degrees of separation. 

But I think they are certainly getting their well-deserved nominations, so my answer is probably Michael Xavier for best featured actor, which I don't think will happen tomorrow morning If you could guarantee one 2017 Tony nominee, who/what would it be?

MNC77
#39If you could guarantee one 2017 Tony nominee, who/what would it be?
Posted: 5/1/17 at 6:14pm

Will Roland for sure, thought he was one of the best supporting performances of the season.

a-mad
#40If you could guarantee one 2017 Tony nominee, who/what would it be?
Posted: 5/1/17 at 6:22pm

Best Musical - Groundhog Day

theNYCpro Profile Photo
theNYCpro
#41If you could guarantee one 2017 Tony nominee, who/what would it be?
Posted: 5/1/17 at 6:35pm

I would love to see Oh, Hello get recognized somehow, but I don't see it happening. 

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#42If you could guarantee one 2017 Tony nominee, who/what would it be?
Posted: 5/1/17 at 6:44pm

I honestly wouldn't be mad at both of the Oh, Hello guys getting nominated for Best Actor in a Play. 

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

sing_dance_love Profile Photo
sing_dance_love
#43If you could guarantee one 2017 Tony nominee, who/what would it be?
Posted: 5/1/17 at 6:54pm

100% Eva.

Loving all these choices though, so great seeing what stuck this season for all of us. Totally agree, Nixon was absolutely remarkable and I hope she WINS that Tony. Really hoping Bandstand is well represented in nominations as well. 

"...and in a bed."
Updated On: 5/1/17 at 06:54 PM

Nycat63
#44If you could guarantee one 2017 Tony nominee, who/what would it be?
Posted: 5/1/17 at 7:58pm

Valentina3 said: "I'd love to see a nomination for Stephanie J Block as well. She was phenomenal in Falsettos, and the sole reason I gave the show a standing ovation.

Honorable mention - He's not qualified (or even on Broadway), but I think Joshua Henry's Aaron Burr was the best stage performance I saw all of last year, bar Cynthia Erivo's Celie.

Absolutely agree on both!!!  

Fordham2015
#45If you could guarantee one 2017 Tony nominee, who/what would it be?
Posted: 5/1/17 at 8:24pm

Nick Cordero for A Bronx Tale

Any of the Present Laughter women 

The entire casts of Doll's House Part 2 and The Price

hmaybway Profile Photo
hmaybway
#46If you could guarantee one 2017 Tony nominee, who/what would it be?
Posted: 5/1/17 at 9:20pm

It'll happen.. but the one I'd be most devastated by if they didn't get it would be Ben Platt for Dear Evan Hansen. 

Also likely but not guaranteed... Christian Borle, Falsettos

More unlikely... Chrisy Altomare... watching her at BroadwayCon and in all the press... she just looks so genuinely happy and is an incredible performer. I'd love to see her dreams come try and be nominated for a Tony! 

measure your life in love | make up your mind that you're strong enough | #youwillbefound

JudyDenmark Profile Photo
JudyDenmark
#47If you could guarantee one 2017 Tony nominee, who/what would it be?
Posted: 5/1/17 at 9:28pm

I'm rooting for Laura Osnes. Not out of the question that she'll get a nomination, but that category outside of the three legends is anyone's guess. It's not the flashiest role, but I thought she was flawless. Character-wise and singing-wise.

(I'm also really hoping the category ties and gets pushed to six. They're all deserving.)

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
NOWaWarning
#48If you could guarantee one 2017 Tony nominee, who/what would it be?
Posted: 5/2/17 at 6:32am

Andrew Rannells in Falsettos. I was completely taken by both him and Block, but she seems to have more of a shot. If Falsettos gets a Featured Actor nomination, the buzz seems more in favor of Brandon.

Valyitz
#49If you could guarantee one 2017 Tony nominee, who/what would it be?
Posted: 5/2/17 at 7:14am

NOWaWarning said: "Andrew Rannells in Falsettos. I was completely taken by both him and Block, but she seems to have more of a shot. If Falsettos gets a Featured Actor nomination, the buzz seems more in favor of Brandon."

Same here! Though all three were fantastic and I would be thrilled if they all get nominated.