pixeltracker

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/28/17

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/28/17

Rob Profile Photo
Rob
#1Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/28/17
Posted: 5/30/17 at 3:09pm

Click below to access all the Broadway grosses from all the shows for the week ending 5/28/2017 in BroadwayWorld's grosses section.

Also, you will find information on each show's historical grosses, cumulative grosses and other statistics on how each show stacked up this week and in the past.

Click Here to Visit the Broadway Grosses...

Up for the week by attendance was: KINKY BOOTS (16.9%), SCHOOL OF ROCK (8.1%), CHICAGO (5.9%), CATS (4.9%), A DOLL'S HOUSE, PART 2 (4.0%), GROUNDHOG DAY (3.8%), THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA (3.8%), OSLO (2.2%), THE PLAY THAT GOES WRONG (2.2%), PRESENT LAUGHTER (0.8%), ALADDIN (0.4%), ANASTASIA (0.3%), THE LION KING (0.2%),

Down for the week by attendance was: 1984 (-12.3%), BEAUTIFUL (-4.2%), SWEAT (-2.9%), INDECENT (-2.7%), MISS SAIGON (-2.1%), SUNSET BOULEVARD (-2.0%), SIX DEGREES OF SEPARATION (-1.6%), A BRONX TALE THE MUSICAL (-1.6%), WAR PAINT (-1.6%), WICKED (-1.6%), CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY (-0.6%), THE LITTLE FOXES (-0.4%), BANDSTAND (-0.3%), HAMILTON (-0.2%), NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 (-0.2%), ON YOUR FEET! (-0.2%), COME FROM AWAY (-0.1%), HELLO, DOLLY! (-0.1%),

Click Here to Visit the BroadwayWorld Grosses...

godlessondheimite
#2Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/28/17
Posted: 5/30/17 at 3:11pm

Yikes, things are looking bleak for Hamilton...Expect a closing notice next week.

Broadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
#3Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/28/17
Posted: 5/30/17 at 3:12pm

Not a great start for 1984

Skimbleshanks2 Profile Photo
Skimbleshanks2
#4Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/28/17
Posted: 5/30/17 at 3:16pm

Wowww GROUNDHOG DAY had its best week yet right!!? Now more profitable than WAR PAINT...

this is great for ANDY KARL and his campaign... wow!!! Is it officially a "hit"?

"See that poster on the wall? Rocky Marciano." - Andy Karl as Rocky in 'ROCKY'

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#5Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/28/17
Posted: 5/30/17 at 3:22pm

I am really so pleased for A Doll's House, Part 2.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#6Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/28/17
Posted: 5/30/17 at 3:24pm

everything looks fine for the moment. stay tuned.

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#7Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/28/17
Posted: 5/30/17 at 3:25pm

little_sally said: "I am really so pleased for A Doll's House, Part 2"

Ditto. Shame about Indecent though- that looks rough. 

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

bdn223 Profile Photo
bdn223
#8Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/28/17
Posted: 5/30/17 at 3:25pm

I think the real story of this week is that Bandon Urie was able to pull in an additional $300k for Kinky Boots putting them at 90% of gross potential. 

MaddieBB12 Profile Photo
MaddieBB12
#9Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/28/17
Posted: 5/30/17 at 3:30pm

Millionaire'$ Club

(in alphabetical order)

Aladdin 

Anastasia 

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory 

Come From Away

Dear Evan Hansen 

Hamilton*

Hello, Dolly!

Kinky Boots

Natasha, Pierre and the Great Comet of 1812

Sunset Boulevard 

The Book of Mormon 

The Lion King*

The Phantom of the Opera

Waitress 

Wicked 

*denotes the show(s) that made more than 2 million dollars 

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#10Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/28/17
Posted: 5/30/17 at 3:30pm

It's also a shame about Sweat. And I wonder if Six Degrees will finish its run. It has a big cast and I can't imagine the leads are making Equity minimum.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

neonlightsxo
#11Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/28/17
Posted: 5/30/17 at 3:31pm

Holiday weekend. We'll see who has staying power after the Tonys. And yes, good boost for KB. But gross potential doesn't matter. It's the gross that matters.

ren598
#12Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/28/17
Posted: 5/30/17 at 3:33pm

bdn223 said: "I think the real story of this week is that Bandon Urie was able to pull in an additional $300k for Kinky Boots putting them at 90% of gross potential."

That's Brendon Urie and that was accomplished with only 4 performances this week.  Let's see if this is sustainable.

thealtoslament Profile Photo
thealtoslament
#13Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/28/17
Posted: 5/30/17 at 3:42pm

The Urie bump for Kinky Boots is about what I'd expected, but I can't deny I'm kind of impressed that it's based on only four(?) performances. 

Yikes, Indecent. That might be the next one to go after the Tonys. 

A smaller "yikes" for Bandstand. 

ren598
#14Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/28/17
Posted: 5/30/17 at 3:52pm

ren598 said: "bdn223 said: "I think the real story of this week is that Bandon Urie was able to pull in an additional $300k for Kinky Boots putting them at 90% of gross potential."

That's Brendon Urie and that was accomplished with only 4 performances this week.  Let's see if this is sustainable.
"

Sorry, my mistake.  It's actually 5 performances.  One on Friday and two each on Saturday and Sunday.  They had a Sunday evening performance due to the Memorial Day weekend.

LYLS3637 Profile Photo
LYLS3637
#15Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/28/17
Posted: 5/30/17 at 4:02pm

Something tells me the producers of WAITRESS will be begging Sara Bareilles to come back at some point.

Those numbers are killer.

"I shall stay until the wind changes."

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#16Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/28/17
Posted: 5/30/17 at 4:30pm

Think I may have to see INDECENT tomorrow. No more time through June to see it.

Just give the world Love.

willrolandsframes
#17Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/28/17
Posted: 5/30/17 at 4:39pm

For a show that lost Best Musical, it's interesting to see that Beautiful is still able to make a decent amount of money week in and week out. Considering I had never really heard of the show until I really became a much bigger theatre fan, it's crazy that this show still has a consistent audience three years later.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#18Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/28/17
Posted: 5/30/17 at 4:56pm

LYLS3637 said: "Something tells me the producers of WAITRESS will be begging Sara Bareilles to come back at some point.

"

They've been really pushing Betsy in all their ads that I see online. I think I've see more ads announcing her as sara's replacement than ads that publicize sara in the show. I wonder how much they expect her to bring in. 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Big Apple2 Profile Photo
Big Apple2
#19Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/28/17
Posted: 5/30/17 at 5:13pm

Skimbleshanks2 said: "Wowww GROUNDHOG DAY had its best week yet right!!? Now more profitable than WAR PAINT...

this is great for ANDY KARL and his campaign... wow!!! Is it officially a "hit"?
"

In my book, it's a sleeper hit. 

binau Profile Photo
binau
#20Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/28/17
Posted: 5/30/17 at 5:23pm

Skimbleshanks2 said: "Wowww GROUNDHOG DAY had its best week yet right!!? Now more profitable than WAR PAINT...

"

Do you know what Profit is? We can't infer it from this information. But I'd still guess that War Paint is more profitable. Both this week and certainly across the entire run. 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

Liza's Headband
#21Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/28/17
Posted: 5/30/17 at 5:39pm

Call_me_jorge said: "LYLS3637 said: "Something tells me the producers of WAITRESS will be begging Sara Bareilles to come back at some point.

"They've been really pushing Betsy in all their ads that I see online. I think I've see more ads announcing her as sara's replacement than ads that publicize sara in the show. I wonder how much they expect her to bring in. 
"

$0.  That's why they're advertising so much..

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#22Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/28/17
Posted: 5/30/17 at 5:46pm

Those numbers for Waitress are awesome, and deserved too. Sara Bareilles totally slays as Jenna. 

EvanK Profile Photo
EvanK
#23Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/28/17
Posted: 5/30/17 at 5:58pm

The show is fine, but interesting seeing Wicked not make it to 2 million on a long weekend. 

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#24Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/28/17
Posted: 5/30/17 at 6:03pm

poisonivy2 said: "Those numbers for Waitress are awesome, and deserved too. Sara Bareilles totally slays as Jenna. 

"I expect a drop off when she leaves

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Dysquith13 Profile Photo
Dysquith13
#25Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/28/17
Posted: 5/30/17 at 6:34pm

With summer grosses and more, looks like Urie is saving Kinky Boots just as Lola and Charlie saved Price and Sons. Of course he'll be gone in August, but maybe the show could keep kicking into 2018.