pixeltracker

Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13- Page 12

Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13

willep
#275Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/7/17 at 12:24am

I would be shocked if they didn't do at least one week post Oak/Ingrid. They know that they will sell some tickets if it is the final week, and it would give Brittain Ashford and Gelsey Bell a chance to return to their roles to close it out...and I would not be surprised at all if Dave Malloy came back to finish it out (perhaps Scott would go on for a performance or two).

Bibliot
#276Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/7/17 at 2:51am

"

I don't think that's a possibility Bibliot unless you have some special thing with the tickets, once you've purchased them, you can't return them

"

Telecharge is refunding tix for Comet without any problems. If asked, you could just send them to the GC twitterfeed which said they would refund tickets for the Patinkin window (and it seems all the uncertain dates beyond). 

I've seen TGC before with Groban. It is amazing, and Pierre isn't even the main role anyway. My issue is just that I'm coming from out of town and spending a lot of money, and if Comet is going to be up in the air, I'd rather know that I have tickets to something certain. 

Margo319
#277Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/7/17 at 5:14am

I'd consider spending the money on a show that will be open.  My friend's boyfriend works at the theater, expect an announcement this week. Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13 Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13

Updated On: 8/7/17 at 05:14 AM

schubox
#278Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/7/17 at 8:10am

Margo319 said: "I'd consider spending the money on a show that will be open.  My friend's boyfriend works at the theater, except an announcement this week. Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13 Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13

"

With what date?

Dancingthrulife2 Profile Photo
Dancingthrulife2
#279Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/7/17 at 8:22am

Margo319 said: "I'd consider spending the money on a show that will be open.  My friend's boyfriend works at the theater, except an announcement this week. Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13 Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13

"

Do you mean "expect"?

Rumpelstiltskin Profile Photo
Rumpelstiltskin
#280Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/7/17 at 8:52am

Dancingthrulife2 said: "Margo319 said: "I'd consider spending the money on a show that will be open.  My friend's boyfriend works at the theater, except an announcement this week. Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13 Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13"

Do you mean "expect"?
"

"Accept" is fitting as well.  

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#281Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/7/17 at 10:22am

Typos happen.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#282Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/7/17 at 10:28am

Well I will be there on Aug. 13 on the banquette. 

bwayworldsh
#283Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/7/17 at 4:30pm

Margo319 said: "I'd consider spending the money on a show that will be open.  My friend's boyfriend works at the theater, expect an announcement this week. Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13 Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13"

I would think we should expect an announcement this week regardless, given that it's Oak's final week, so they either need to announce a closing date or a new Pierre (or, possibly, both).

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#284Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/7/17 at 6:09pm

Really thought we'd get an announcement of some kind today, especially if it is closing on Sunday.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Margo319
#285Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/7/17 at 7:23pm

Yes, I agree. I truly do not know what is holding them up.  Many people want to know so they can either plan trips or get tickets to something else.  What a terrible situation.  

Deedee23
#286Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/7/17 at 7:29pm

Well maybe it isn't closing on the 13th then.

dramamama611
#287Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/7/17 at 7:49pm

And there it is, 12 pages to make the same comment as the original post.  

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#288Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/7/17 at 7:59pm

dramamama611 said: "And there it is, 12 pages to make the same comment as the original post. "

But at least the problematic "in" of the thread has finally landed on the correct "on," so it's not like we didn't accomplish anything!

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#289Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/7/17 at 8:12pm

haterobics said: "dramamama611 said: "And there it is, 12 pages to make the same comment as the original post. "

But at least the problematic "in" of the thread has finally landed on the correct "on," so it's not like we didn't accomplish anything!

"

Thank God. I didn't want to be the one to mention that.

dramamama611
#290Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/7/17 at 8:39pm

Bwahahahahaha! Thanks for the chuckle.

bennyb86
#291Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/8/17 at 3:24pm

If they do announce a closing I will do everything in my power to get back, I saw it on Saturday and was just enchanted. 

David10086 Profile Photo
David10086
#292Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/8/17 at 3:29pm

haterobics said: "dramamama611 said: "And there it is, 12 pages to make the same comment as the original post. "

"

LMAO! Too funny! 

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#293Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/8/17 at 4:23pm

Guys, I've crossed referenced what I was told with the info 10086sunset had via PM, and our info matches up. An announcement is coming. All I'll say is when the pieces come together, it's one ugly puzzle. 

Nicole 10
#294Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/8/17 at 4:25pm

when can we expect the announcement??

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#295Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/8/17 at 4:27pm

coming ...some point this week per my agent friend

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#296Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/8/17 at 4:29pm

gleek4114 said: "All I'll say is when the pieces come together, it's one ugly puzzle."

Is there any more information you can give? Should we expect a closing?

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#297Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/8/17 at 4:31pm

Guys, I've crossed referenced what I was told with the info 10086sunset had via PM, and our info matches up.

So, you're saying his hearsay matches your hearsay.  Thanks for the update.  The evidence is overwhelming.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#298Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/8/17 at 4:34pm

Winter is coming, too.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#299Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/8/17 at 4:39pm

Tony will sing about it before the dance at the gym.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian