pixeltracker

Dreamcast the Great Comet cast- Page 2

Dreamcast the Great Comet cast

Itonlytakesajourney Profile Photo
Itonlytakesajourney
#25Dreamcast the Great Comet cast
Posted: 9/4/17 at 8:10am

Gelsey could be a pretty good Betty in Sunset Boulevard. Maybe Brenda Song or Marian Paroo too.

CorkySt.Clair Profile Photo
CorkySt.Clair
#26Dreamcast the Great Comet cast
Posted: 9/4/17 at 9:23am

Ok, so not necessarily a typical dreamcast, but I'm in love with the hypothetical War and Peace trilogy that I think (?) was on Dave Malloy's board or something...

Anyway, I'd love for them to keep the same cast (there'd be a lot more for characters like Andrey and Mary to do) and give the other characters to the ensemble members (rest of the Rostovs, Denisov, Boris and Julie, Annas Mikaylovna and Pavlovna, Kutuzov, Napoleon, the Tsar, etc). Obviously I don't know the music and such so I can't put names to characters but I'd die to see that. Maybe some of the roles could be gender-swapped cuz there are so many more guys than girls...

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#27Dreamcast the Great Comet cast
Posted: 9/4/17 at 10:48am

poisonivy2 said: "I was the one who said Lucas Steele in Company and ... why not? Part of the "problem" of Company is that it's focused on one character who on the surface doesn't seem all that special. But Lucas has charisma to burn and so the whole musical would make sense."

Yeah, I agree with GeorgeandDot. The idea of him as Bobby just seems...off somehow. I'm not convinced he has the acting chops for Bobby (maybe he does, but the role of Anatol didn't allow him to display that level of nuance). And though I'm sure he is capable of singing the music, the tambour and quality of his voice strikes me as wrong for the role. It's largely a matter of taste though. You're entitled to your opinion, of course. 

CorkySt.Clair Profile Photo
CorkySt.Clair
#28Dreamcast the Great Comet cast
Posted: 9/4/17 at 11:07am

Re Lucas in Company: usually with these dreamcasts I want to see them live because I can picture them so well. This is the exact opposite: I can't envision it at all and that makes me want to see it even more! Plus, as others have mentioned, it would be nice to see him in that sort of role, something a little nuanced and understated than Anatole. As I've only ever seen him do Anatole, I'd love to see what he'd do with a different sort of part. 

mikew3 Profile Photo
mikew3
#29Dreamcast the Great Comet cast
Posted: 9/4/17 at 4:52pm

I always thought Denée would be great as either Sarah in Guys and Dolls or Carrie in Carousel.

asoftplacetoland Profile Photo
asoftplacetoland
#30Dreamcast the Great Comet cast
Posted: 9/4/17 at 5:32pm

I agree that Lucas as the Phantom sounds heavenly. 

Eliza2 Profile Photo
Eliza2
#31Dreamcast the Great Comet cast
Posted: 9/4/17 at 6:10pm

I have no idea if he can rap, but if he can, I think Blaine Krauss has the personality to pull off Lafayette/Jefferson. He is *sassy*

Emmaloucbway
#32Dreamcast the Great Comet cast
Posted: 9/4/17 at 8:45pm

Nicholas Belton was just cast in the ensemble of Carousel! I wonder if he is an understudy for any of the leads (he performed a beautiful If I Loved You at the Green Room 42 earlier this year)?

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#33Dreamcast the Great Comet cast
Posted: 9/5/17 at 12:39pm

Emmaloucbway said: "Nicholas Belton was just cast in the ensemble of Carousel! I wonder if he is an understudy for any of the leads (he performed a beautiful If I Loved You at the Green Room 42 earlier this year)?"

He will be covering Billy! I'm sure he'll be amazing and I will definitely see him when he goes on. He confirmed it via his Instagram post: https://www.instagram.com/p/BYqopvIBL7_/

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#34Dreamcast the Great Comet cast
Posted: 9/5/17 at 12:51pm

ClumsyDude15 said: "Emmaloucbway said: "Nicholas Belton was just cast in the ensemble of Carousel! I wonder if he is an understudy for any of the leads (he performed a beautiful If I Loved You at the Green Room 42 earlier this year)?"

He will be covering Billy! I'm sure he'll be amazing and I will definitely see him when he goes on. He confirmed it via his Instagram post:https://www.instagram.com/p/BYqopvIBL7_/
"

Wow what wonderful news I'll definitely get a ticket if he ever goes on as Billy. Hope more of the unicorns find projects soon.

I think Brittain Ashford might make a good Jenna? Same kind of indie rock voice as Sara, very likable, girl-next-door personality. 

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#35Dreamcast the Great Comet cast
Posted: 9/5/17 at 1:13pm

poisonivy2 said: "I think Brittain Ashford might make a good Jenna? Same kind of indie rock voice as Sara, very likable, girl-next-door personality."

I think she'd definitely be a good choice but her singing voice has a polarizing reaction. She won't sell tickets, I'm afraid. I wonder who Betsy's replacement will be. 

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

Btb1993 Profile Photo
Btb1993
#36Dreamcast the Great Comet cast
Posted: 9/5/17 at 1:17pm

I am rooting for Lauren Zakrin to land something big next! I would love to see her as Jenna in Waitress

Itonlytakesajourney Profile Photo
Itonlytakesajourney
#37Dreamcast the Great Comet cast
Posted: 9/5/17 at 1:23pm

Lauren Zakrin would be an amazing Jenna! She has major talent and a beautiful voice. I could also see her in a lot of other roles. Here are my ideas:

Gigi in Gigi

Hope Harcourt in Anything Goes

Eliza in My Fair Lady

Ella in R&H Cinderella 

Dorothy Brown in Millie

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#38Dreamcast the Great Comet cast
Posted: 9/5/17 at 6:08pm

"Amber Gray as Charlotte in A Little Night Music"

That is brilliant casting. Like, I peed a little.

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

hmph Profile Photo
hmph
#39Dreamcast the Great Comet cast
Posted: 9/5/17 at 9:40pm

After seeing her as Natasha, I would love to see Lauren Zakrin in anything. She (along with Scott Stangland) really pulled me in and made me utterly invested in a story I had seen a couple times already, plus her voice is quite beautiful and she's a great dancer. She also seems to have good comedic timing from the YouTube videos I've seen of her. (I still can't believe baby Lauren was in that search for Elle Woods MTV show)

Same for seeing Amber Gray in anything. She was so amazing at playing such a nasty character, while still making you feel for her at the end when she sat at the table crying. Such an expressive face and beautiful voice! She's really a striking actress.

I do think it's interesting how talented this cast is in a way you don't normally see in Broadway stars. I don't necessarily think Scott, Gelsey Bell, Brittain Ashford, or Grace McLean particularly have Broadway in their future if the role isn't right (like being involved in Dave's Moby Dick musical). Has anyone heard anything from them about any future Broadway aspirations?

schubox
#40Dreamcast the Great Comet cast
Posted: 9/5/17 at 10:31pm

I wonder if Lucas is even interested in other Broadway roles. I don't know anything about the guy, but I don't really see him in a traditional musical. Here's to hoping they're all in Moby Dick 

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#41Dreamcast the Great Comet cast
Posted: 9/5/17 at 10:41pm

Lauren has star quality. I'm not just saying that because I know her, but because it's so true. In some ways she reminds me of a young Sutton Foster--the top notch voice and movement skills, mixed with emotion filled acting and great comedic timing. She's got a great belt, but also a true, legit soprano.

She toured with Wicked as a Glinda understudy, but she has the chops to do it full time. I could also see her as Cinderella in Into the Woods, Anastasia in Anastasia, Little Sally in Urinetown, Reno Sweeney..

evitaperon2
#42Dreamcast the Great Comet cast
Posted: 9/5/17 at 10:43pm

brittain ashford as squeaky fromme in assassins

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#43Dreamcast the Great Comet cast
Posted: 9/5/17 at 10:47pm

I would KILL to see Amber as the Leading Player in Pippin! also Lucas in Phantom is the only thing that would get me to see that show again.... and honestly cast Grace in anything and I will go, oh and also Brittain, and Lauren, and Gelsey, and Kennedy, and Lulu, and Josh, and that whole talented cast!!!

HSky
#44Dreamcast the Great Comet cast
Posted: 9/5/17 at 11:35pm

hmph said: "I do think it's interesting how talented this cast is in a way you don't normally see in Broadway stars. I don't necessarily think Scott, Gelsey Bell, Brittain Ashford, or Grace McLean particularly have Broadway in their future if the role isn't right (like being involved in Dave's Moby Dick musical). Has anyone heard anything from them about any future Broadway aspirations?"

Scott mentioned he'd love to play Earl in Waitress during the Instagram Live he did with Kennedy Caughell last week. 

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing Nicholas Belton in Carousel and add me to the list hoping to see Lauren Zakrin in something soon. 

schubox
#45Dreamcast the Great Comet cast
Posted: 9/6/17 at 12:25am

oncemorewithfeeling2 said: "Lauren has star quality. I'm not just saying that because I know her, but because it's so true. In some ways she reminds me of a young Sutton Foster--the top notch voice and movement skills, mixed with emotion filled acting and great comedic timing. She's got a great belt, but also a true, legit soprano.

She toured with Wicked as a Glinda understudy, but she has the chops to do it full time. I could also see her as Cinderella in Into the Woods, Anastasia in Anastasia, Little Sally in Urinetown, Reno Sweeney..

"

She's fantastic. I didn't even know who she was the first time I saw Comet but I was drawn to her in the ensemble. And I was lucky to see her play Natasha as well. And she was a sweetheart at the stage door. Hope big things happen for her

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#46Dreamcast the Great Comet cast
Posted: 9/6/17 at 12:35am

Popping in again to say how emphatically I think Amber Gray needs to play Angelica Schuyler someday. The first time I saw Gray perform "Charming" live, I was immediately reminded of the captivating, gripping star power of Renée Elise Goldsberry's "Satisfied." I was simply entranced. I can hardly begin to imagine how gut-wrenching Gray's "Satisfied" would be, let alone the rest of Angelica's arc (imagine her drawing every eye in the theatre when she enters for "Schuyler Sisters" and how devastating her "Quiet Uptown" would be...GOD.).