pixeltracker

Lea Michele announces on WWHL she wants to return to Broadway in FUNNY GIRL- Page 2

Lea Michele announces on WWHL she wants to return to Broadway in FUNNY GIRL

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#25Lea Michele announces on WWHL she wants to return to Broadway in FUNNY GIRL
Posted: 10/12/17 at 3:37pm

She's announced she wants to do Funny Girl many times.

I wonder if she's even bothered paying her Equity dues.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#26Lea Michele announces on WWHL she wants to return to Broadway in FUNNY GIRL
Posted: 10/12/17 at 3:42pm

Doesn’t she have the tv show the mayor to be on right now?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#27Lea Michele announces on WWHL she wants to return to Broadway in FUNNY GIRL
Posted: 10/12/17 at 3:44pm

She doesn't want to be Fanny Brice - she wants to be Barbra Streisand......

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#28Lea Michele announces on WWHL she wants to return to Broadway in FUNNY GIRL
Posted: 10/12/17 at 3:59pm

nealb1 said: "She doesn't want to be Fanny Brice - she wants to be Barbra Streisand......"

^^^THIS!

I can't stand the girl, but I want a Funny Girl revival ASAP! And, before someone says "Do we all really need to come here and bash Lea Michele?" I say, yes. It's what unites us all.

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone
Updated On: 10/12/17 at 03:59 PM

LYLS3637 Profile Photo
LYLS3637
#29Lea Michele announces on WWHL she wants to return to Broadway in FUNNY GIRL
Posted: 10/12/17 at 4:02pm

nealb1 said: "She doesn't want to be Fanny Brice - she wants to be Barbra Streisand......"

YES! She wants to play Barbra Streisand playing Fanny Brice. 

"I shall stay until the wind changes."

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#30Lea Michele announces on WWHL she wants to return to Broadway in FUNNY GIRL
Posted: 10/12/17 at 4:08pm

Now that wouldn’t be a bad idea. A Barbra Streisand bio musical starring Lea Michele

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#31Lea Michele announces on WWHL she wants to return to Broadway in FUNNY GIRL
Posted: 10/12/17 at 4:12pm

Call_me_jorge said: "Now that wouldn’t be a bad idea. A Barbra Streisand bio musical starring Lea Michele"

It wouldn't be a bad idea. It would be a terrible idea.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#32Lea Michele announces on WWHL she wants to return to Broadway in FUNNY GIRL
Posted: 10/12/17 at 4:19pm

No. Emmy Rossum MUST play Fanny Brice.

Itonlytakesajourney Profile Photo
Itonlytakesajourney
#33Lea Michele announces on WWHL she wants to return to Broadway in FUNNY GIRL
Posted: 10/12/17 at 4:19pm

I actually really love Lea as an actress; her singing and acting is great and I think she'd be amazing as Fanny. Her personality is another thing entirely, though. Overall I'd see it and probably love it. She does really need to work on her comedy though, in the mock performance of Greatest Star on Glee, she was phoning it. A lot. 

Updated On: 10/12/17 at 04:19 PM

Back Row
#34Lea Michele announces on WWHL she wants to return to Broadway in FUNNY GIRL
Posted: 10/12/17 at 4:31pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "Odd no one mentioned this but Lea Michele was on Bravo's WATCH WHAT HAPPENS LIVE last night: Wednesday October 11, 2017 and was asked when she plans to return to Broadway and she stated that she spoke to Ryan Murphy a few days ago regarding FUNNY GIRL. Last week she performed a few FUNNY GIRL songs in a small concert in Central Park and she realized that FUNNY GIRL is how she wants to return to Broadway so she wants to get this off and running though she realizes it'll be tough getting it going."

Too late. Oak has already been cast. But they might consider making a change if she lobbies hard enough. I'm sure no one would mind. 

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#36Lea Michele announces on WWHL she wants to return to Broadway in FUNNY GIRL
Posted: 10/12/17 at 4:55pm

Annaleigh. Ashford.

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
Margo319
#38Lea Michele announces on WWHL she wants to return to Broadway in FUNNY GIRL
Posted: 10/12/17 at 4:58pm

Whatever personal issues people have with her, Im not involved, so I look forward to this!

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#39Lea Michele announces on WWHL she wants to return to Broadway in FUNNY GIRL
Posted: 10/12/17 at 4:59pm

Is that supposed to be a picture of Lea Michele's character in the TV show when she stars in FUNNY GIRL? I'm so happy I have never seen an episode of GLEE in my life.

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#40Lea Michele announces on WWHL she wants to return to Broadway in FUNNY GIRL
Posted: 10/12/17 at 5:17pm

Yes, her wanting to do FG on Broadway has been around for many, many years........

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#41Lea Michele announces on WWHL she wants to return to Broadway in FUNNY GIRL
Posted: 10/12/17 at 5:23pm

She (and everyone else) seems to forget that the reason it didn't happen before is that producers didn't want to work with her and they couldn't get the money. I have a hard time believing anything has changed. 

binau Profile Photo
binau
#42Lea Michele announces on WWHL she wants to return to Broadway in FUNNY GIRL
Posted: 10/12/17 at 5:41pm

The Lady Gaga Funny Girl idea is amazing. That kind of event what surpass Bette Midler in Hello, Dolly! But yes it’s hard to imagine it ever happening. 

What about Lauren Ambrose?1?1?1?1!’

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

ddenoff2 Profile Photo
ddenoff2
#43Lea Michele announces on WWHL she wants to return to Broadway in FUNNY GIRL
Posted: 10/12/17 at 5:57pm

To my direct knowledge, neither Ryan nor anyone on Lea's 'team' has the rights, option or otherwise.

VintageSnarker
#44Lea Michele announces on WWHL she wants to return to Broadway in FUNNY GIRL
Posted: 10/12/17 at 7:40pm

I thought her rendition of "Don't Rain On My Parade" really worked the first time they did it on Glee and her version of "My Man" which was performed out of context (I think as an audition song) made me cry. But even as a fan, everything in that last season or two when they were performing Funny Girl on the show... was rough. 

Owen22
#45Lea Michele announces on WWHL she wants to return to Broadway in FUNNY GIRL
Posted: 10/12/17 at 10:15pm

Oh please.  Whatever one's personal opinion of Lea and her "evilness" she is the perfect Fanny Brice. Girl can sing like nobody's business and is a good actress with expert timing. She has the specific look required for Fanny, and is as much a box office draw as say, Lauren Ambrose.  Her only problem is that she is actually almost TOO obvious for the role.

Evans2
#46Lea Michele announces on WWHL she wants to return to Broadway in FUNNY GIRL
Posted: 10/12/17 at 10:20pm

I'm surprised she was able to get booked on WWHL.

South Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
#47Lea Michele announces on WWHL she wants to return to Broadway in FUNNY GIRL
Posted: 10/12/17 at 10:38pm

Owen22 said: "Oh please. Whatever one's personal opinion of Lea and her "evilness" she is the perfect Fanny Brice. Girl can sing like nobody's business and is a good actress with expert timing. She has the specific look required for Fanny, and is as much a box office draw as say, Lauren Ambrose. Her only problem is that she is actually almost TOO obvious for the role."

Your opinion.

Mine is -

She can't act

She is not funny

Her voice sounds like nails down a chalkboard.

Annaleigh Ashford on the other hand would be perfect.

BlackElleWoods Profile Photo
BlackElleWoods
#48Lea Michele announces on WWHL she wants to return to Broadway in FUNNY GIRL
Posted: 10/12/17 at 10:59pm

Yes yes a million times yes !!! These people on this board have made up issues with lea Michele in their head as if they know the girl lol her voice is AMAZING !!! Shes perfect for this role !!!!!! I'll be first in line for tickets ! 

And Peggy Profile Photo
And Peggy
#49Lea Michele announces on WWHL she wants to return to Broadway in FUNNY GIRL
Posted: 10/12/17 at 11:25pm

I want Fanny Brice to be played by Pregnant Betsy Wolfe, who will be replaced in Waitress by Robot Hal Prince.