pixeltracker

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Previews- Page 2

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Previews

Megsamegatron Profile Photo
Megsamegatron
#25HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Previews
Posted: 3/16/18 at 10:47am

ilysespieces said: "I am so beyond excited to see this show tonight! This work day better fly by."

I'm happy to know that someone else is wishing the same thing. I keep inadvertently bouncing up and down from sheer excitement

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#26HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Previews
Posted: 3/16/18 at 10:50am

That would be great, thanks!

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#27HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Previews
Posted: 3/16/18 at 11:49am

broadfan327 said: "Would I be able to follow what is going on if I never read the books nor seen the movies?"

I haven't seen this play, but I have read all of the books and seen all of the movies multiple times. From the plot description of the play on Wikipedia, I expect you would be fairly lost for most of the time. These characters and stories were created in their own unique "canon", and there will be innumerable references that will mean nothing to you.

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

DrewJoseph
#28HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Previews
Posted: 3/16/18 at 1:11pm

A user on instagram has a photo of the inside of the lyric. The auditorium. It really looks beautiful! They’ve done such a good job! You can look for it;

User; nancybonyc

Fosse76
#29HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Previews
Posted: 3/16/18 at 1:54pm

DrewJoseph said: "A user on instagram has a photo of the inside of the lyric. The auditorium. It really looks beautiful! They’ve done such a good job! You can look for it;

User; nancybonyc
"

Although I haven't been in that theater in a very long time, it doesn't "look" like anything special had been done to it (it is definitely a wider theater than the Palace in London). I would have thought that they would have tried to blend it in more with the show, but then again maybe the picture just isn't picking up on it.

pdjennings Profile Photo
pdjennings
#30HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Previews
Posted: 3/16/18 at 2:11pm

I can't tell ... is this from Dress Circle or Balcony?

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Previews

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#31HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Previews
Posted: 3/16/18 at 2:19pm

This has to be from balcony, it seems. There’s no way there would be another tier above what is shown in the photo.

kade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
#33HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Previews
Posted: 3/16/18 at 3:25pm

^Same. It’s like if Hogwarts had an auditorium.

skipgal
#34HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Previews
Posted: 3/16/18 at 3:29pm

It looks INCREDIBLE and I cannot wait to go!!

pdjennings Profile Photo
pdjennings
#35HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Previews
Posted: 3/16/18 at 3:32pm

Can someone going tonight please give us a seat report? Are they actually NEW seats -- as in -- are they 2018-human-sized and not 1910s-human-sized? Legroom? I'm in DC row A and sometimes those rows can be knee-killers. Tnx! :)

MadsonMelo
#36HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Previews
Posted: 3/16/18 at 3:35pm

This was a magical moment one year ago back in London.

I hope you all enjoy it!

Also, soooo anxious to hear what you guys think of Boyle and Parker!

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#37HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Previews
Posted: 3/16/18 at 3:37pm

pdjennings, If you look towards the left side of the first photo of Concierge's post, you can see the space legroom looks plentiful (in the case of Broadway houses, that is). I'm in Row F all the way to the side in the  right Orchestra. A little worried, but the stage is very open so that puts me at ease.

Fosse76
#39HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Previews
Posted: 3/16/18 at 4:14pm

LesWickedly said: "pdjennings, If you look towardsthe left side of the first photo of Concierge's post, you can see the space legroom looks plentiful (in the case of Broadway houses, that is). I'm in Row F all the way to the side in the right Orchestra. A little worried, but the stage is very open so that puts me at ease."

It's not like they could "narrow the auditorium, so normal-sized seats and a wider set is really the least they could have done if their intent was to shrink the number of seats. Especially considering they added rows to the mezzanine, something that would not have been needed if they only removed seats. So they will hopefully be roomy and comfortable!

However, I still think they should have put this in the Shubert or Hirschfeld.

Fosse76
#40HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Previews
Posted: 3/16/18 at 4:15pm

The stage looks higher than in London. Anyone have any sightline issues?

theatregoer3 Profile Photo
theatregoer3
#41HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Previews
Posted: 3/16/18 at 4:16pm

Wow. They did a TON. The show’s official Instagram has a much better picture. The cieling alone...

nycward
#42HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Previews
Posted: 3/16/18 at 5:07pm

The Lyric is now owned by the Ambassador group from London. Sonia Freidman has had a long relationship with them. Major concessions were made between them so this was a better arrangement for all parties. They are settling in for a looooooong run.

DrewJoseph
#43HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Previews
Posted: 3/16/18 at 5:14pm

Actually, they did narrow the theatre. There was a post on instagram where you could see a giant metal frame inside the already existing auditorium. And they lowered the ceiling as well.

Alex M Profile Photo
Alex M
#44HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Previews
Posted: 3/16/18 at 5:26pm

HIGHLY doubt they will but how great would it be if they served Butter Beer at concessions.

kade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
#45HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Previews
Posted: 3/16/18 at 6:17pm

If anyone would be so kind, I’m sure we’d all appreciate the standard reports on merch, Playbill billing, etc. Also love to know who’s playing some of the...unlisted characters. Thanks in advance!

kade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
#46HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Previews
Posted: 3/16/18 at 7:51pm

Cast board and what appears to be the lobby ceiling at this Instagram link

Updated On: 3/16/18 at 07:51 PM

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#47HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Previews
Posted: 3/16/18 at 8:16pm

As a former employee in that theatre, I can tell you just based on a few pictures alone, the changes are incredibly extensive, and gasp-inducing gorgeous. You can easily see the new ceiling in the auditorium, the addition of the extra rows to the front of the dress circle, and a complete restructuring of the boxes (they're so British in style now). 

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

chewy5000 Profile Photo
chewy5000
#48HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Previews
Posted: 3/16/18 at 9:06pm

Wait, so they've removed the proscenium and dome, which had been retained from the original Lyric and Apollo theatres?

theatregoer3 Profile Photo
theatregoer3
#49HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Previews
Posted: 3/16/18 at 9:14pm

They’ve covered it. They basically built a smaller theater inside the frame of the existing larger theater.

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#50HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Previews
Posted: 3/16/18 at 9:36pm

Intermission should be right about now! Any reports?

Latest Posts