pixeltracker

Emergency Alert System Test Tomw During Matinees- Page 2

Emergency Alert System Test Tomw During Matinees

OKBroadwayFan Profile Photo
OKBroadwayFan
#25Emergency Alert System Test Tomw During Matinees
Posted: 10/3/18 at 2:22pm

Went off in our office.  The last Amber Alert we had was louder.   My phone was on silent and it vibrated.  

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#26Emergency Alert System Test Tomw During Matinees
Posted: 10/3/18 at 2:22pm

This actually wasn't that bad. As long as your phone was on silent there wasn't any noise. 

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

Broadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
#27Emergency Alert System Test Tomw During Matinees
Posted: 10/3/18 at 2:23pm

adamgreer said: "I wish there was a way to opt out. I have no desire to receive any messages of any kind from that man."

Lol all it is a message in case we are getting nuked or some other major disaster 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#28Emergency Alert System Test Tomw During Matinees
Posted: 10/3/18 at 2:38pm

I kept my phone on airplane mode for 20 minutes (2:10-2:30). No message. It was apparently nothing special, just click the "ok" button and it's over.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

OKBroadwayFan Profile Photo
OKBroadwayFan
#29Emergency Alert System Test Tomw During Matinees
Posted: 10/3/18 at 2:38pm

Correct Broadway Joe, much like the old "emergency alerts" we received on TV when I was a kid.   It's really a good idea to have a way to contact us in case of an emergency.   

bwayrose7 Profile Photo
bwayrose7
#30Emergency Alert System Test Tomw During Matinees
Posted: 10/3/18 at 2:41pm

First report I've found of it disrupting a show today was Max Von Essen, who posted an Instagram story saying that some alerts went off in the theatre during a very quiet moment in one of his scenes.

KathyNYC2
#31Emergency Alert System Test Tomw During Matinees
Posted: 10/3/18 at 2:47pm

Not a peep at Waitress. Everyone was asked to shut off their phones and they obviously did. Nice job everyone.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#32Emergency Alert System Test Tomw During Matinees
Posted: 10/3/18 at 2:56pm

OkBroadwanFan said, "Correct Broadway Joe, much like the old "emergency alerts" we received on TV when I was a kid.   It's really a good idea to have a way to contact us in case of an emergency. "

Old?   They still do it.  At least once a month I believe thru Comcast.  And it's really loud.

We had a district wide meeting today, so 200 phones went off in my school.   

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

KathyNYC2
#33Emergency Alert System Test Tomw During Matinees
Posted: 10/3/18 at 3:00pm

dramamama611 said: "OkBroadwanFan said, "Correct Broadway Joe, much like the old "emergency alerts" we received on TV when I was a kid. It's really a good idea to have a way to contact us in case of an emergency."

Old? They still do it. At least once a month I believe thru Comcast. And it's really loud. “

Yes at Spectrum as well. In the middle of the night. If you accidentally fall asleep while watching tv and this comes on, you probably will wake up very quickly. 

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#34Emergency Alert System Test Tomw During Matinees
Posted: 10/3/18 at 3:06pm

KathyNYC2 said: "dramamama611 said: "OkBroadwanFan said, "Correct Broadway Joe, much like the old "emergency alerts" we received on TV when I was a kid. It's really a good idea to have a way to contact us in case of an emergency."

Yes at Spectrum as well. In the middle of the night. If you accidentally fall asleep while watching tv and this comes on, you probably will wake up very quickly.
"

Not sure of your age but the Crazy Eddies commercial in the tri-state area would make you jump off the couch. 

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.
Updated On: 10/3/18 at 03:06 PM

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#35Emergency Alert System Test Tomw During Matinees
Posted: 10/3/18 at 3:19pm

Nothing at HEAD OVER HEELS. They made a very loud and pronounced announcement prior to the show and most were seen turning it off.

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

natashalost
#36Emergency Alert System Test Tomw During Matinees
Posted: 10/3/18 at 3:23pm

Tweet from Alex Boniello of Dear Evan Hansen:
“Fun fact: The Presidential Alert text happened right after the key change in “Waving Through A Window.” Only one phone went off bc most of the audience followed the rules, and we couldn’t hear it because Evan was singing some B flats.”

Updated On: 10/3/18 at 03:23 PM

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#37Emergency Alert System Test Tomw During Matinees
Posted: 10/3/18 at 3:29pm

https://twitter.com/AlexBoniello/status/1047554843613835264

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#38Emergency Alert System Test Tomw During Matinees
Posted: 10/3/18 at 3:30pm

natashalost said: "Tweet from Alex Boniello of Dear Svan Hansen:
“Fun fact: The Presidential Alert text happened right after the key change in “Waving Through A Window.” Only one phone went off bc most of the audience followed the rules, and we couldn’t hear it because Evan was singing some B flats.”
"

Fun Fact: Dear Svan Hansen is the new Swedish touring company!!!

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

Golenboybway
#39Emergency Alert System Test Tomw During Matinees
Posted: 10/3/18 at 3:35pm

Because Frozen started at 1pm it happened about 5 mins into intermission. But they still made it clear before the performance with a special announcement about turning your phones completely off!

starcatchers Profile Photo
starcatchers
#40Emergency Alert System Test Tomw During Matinees
Posted: 10/3/18 at 3:41pm

My phone was on silent and it still made noise anyway (I’m not at a matinee). Maybe it was because I had headphones in? Scared the crap out of me.

the artist formerly known as dancingthrulife04 Check out my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/dreamanddrift And please consider donating to my Ride to Remember, benefitting the Alzheimer's Association: http://act.alz.org/site/TR?fr_id=8200&pg=personal&px=6681234

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#41Emergency Alert System Test Tomw During Matinees
Posted: 10/3/18 at 4:09pm

Someone on Twitter said that Frozen back-timed the curtain so that the alert would fall during their intermission.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#42Emergency Alert System Test Tomw During Matinees
Posted: 10/3/18 at 4:13pm

That was Laura Heywood:
https://twitter.com/BroadwayGirlNYC/status/1047569074077798401

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

raddersons Profile Photo
raddersons
#43Emergency Alert System Test Tomw During Matinees
Posted: 10/3/18 at 4:16pm

starcatchers said: "My phone was on silent and it still made noise anyway (I’m not at a matinee). Maybe it was because I had headphones in? Scared the crap out of me."

It was the headphones. My work phone went off buzzing but without any noise, but my personal phone had the alert sound buzzing through my headphones, but not the actual phone itself.

Dollypop
#44Emergency Alert System Test Tomw During Matinees
Posted: 10/3/18 at 4:17pm

I was shopping at Michael's when the alert went off. It was rather comical as shoppers scrambled to check their phones. As I was near the employee's break room I heard about a dozen phones going off behind the door.

I had shut the ringer off on my phone but the message alert sounded loud and clear.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#45Emergency Alert System Test Tomw During Matinees
Posted: 10/3/18 at 7:07pm

LizzieCurry said: "That was Laura Heywood:
"

Their Wednesday matinees are always at 1. They did not back time their curtain for this lol 

ghostlight2
#46Emergency Alert System Test Tomw During Matinees
Posted: 10/3/18 at 8:13pm

Some phones will ignore the silencing feature for alerts like this. Mine was one of them. I decided to do a test of my own, silencing my phone for the duration of the alert. It went off loud and clear, scaring the hell out of my cat.

KathyNYC2
#47Emergency Alert System Test Tomw During Matinees
Posted: 10/3/18 at 8:19pm

GreasedLightning said: "LizzieCurry said: "That was Laura Heywood:
"

Their Wednesday matinees are always at 1. They did not back time their curtain for this lol
"

Perhaps what they meant was that they started at 1 pm exactly instead of the usual 1:05 to ensure the intermission would have started by then. 

Updated On: 10/3/18 at 08:19 PM

alexidarling15
#48Emergency Alert System Test Tomw During Matinees
Posted: 10/3/18 at 9:13pm

Several phones went off at Lifespan of a Fact, even though all of the ushers kept telling us to turn off phones and they made one big announcement before the show started. Cherry Jones and Daniel Radcliffe just kept going as if nothing had happened. Where I was sitting, it wasn’t that loud - the audience members tsking at the noise were louder than the noise itself!

mailhandler777
#49Emergency Alert System Test Tomw During Matinees
Posted: 10/3/18 at 9:49pm

My phone was on silent and it went off and it was loud. My friend had his phone turned completely off and it turned itself on during the test.

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)