FAYE FIRED

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#50FAYE FIRED
Posted: 7/25/19 at 9:42pm

bk said: "Well, here's an idea then - stop responding to my posts. Seems pretty simple to me. The End."

That's an option, but then folks might believe your hearsay, misinformation, etc. FYI, there was a very reasonable path you could have taken to convey the points you made, without muddying it up by conveying the notion you knew something someone else doesn't. I asked a question to clarify that you have no inside information, and instead of answering, you went on a tetchy digression. I'm happy to discuss substance, not very interested in personality silliness.

ArtMan
#51FAYE FIRED
Posted: 7/25/19 at 10:30pm

Ado Annie D'Ysquith said: "FAYE FIRED "

Amanda, Did I miss something?

AEA AGMA SM
#52FAYE FIRED
Posted: 7/26/19 at 2:35am

missthemountains said: "How was she on the set of MOMMIE DEAREST? Was it a case of life imitating art?"

A famous quote from legendary costume designer Irene Sharaff was "Yes, you may enter Miss Dunaway's dressing room, but first you must throw a raw steak in - to divert her attention."

VivianDarkbloom2 Profile Photo
VivianDarkbloom2
#53FAYE FIRED
Posted: 7/26/19 at 9:16am

Agree with Joe. If you want more on how Faye really doesn’t play well with others, read Rutanya Alda’s book on the making of Mommie Dearest. Even Irene Sharaff couldn’t stand her.

Again, remember this is all perception and not gospel, but it seems like many people do find Faye difficult to work with, and not just in recent years. Personally I want to hear more about her in Sunset.

Another day, another dollar is the reality of my mentality. Otherwise, don't even bother.- TLC

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#54FAYE FIRED
Posted: 7/26/19 at 9:25am

I predict in 20 years a play about this latest debacle in Faye’s career will make its Broadway debut. May I suggest a tentative tile? “All About Faye: Spill the Tea”.

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#55FAYE FIRED
Posted: 7/26/19 at 9:27am

In 20 years nobody will know or care who Faye Dunaway is.  

Charles Busch should write this now for a one man/woman show next season.

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#56FAYE FIRED
Posted: 7/26/19 at 9:54am

Coming to Netflix in 2021: Ryan Murphy Presents "F.D."

An 8-part limited series starring Sarah Paulson as Faye Dunaway.  

With Oscar winners Susan Sarandon as Bette Davis and Leonardo DiCaprio as Jack Nicholson.  

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
#57FAYE FIRED
Posted: 7/26/19 at 10:00am

Oh I just want to watch Supergirl 

Cora Hoover Hooper Profile Photo
Cora Hoover Hooper
#58FAYE FIRED
Posted: 7/26/19 at 10:59am

joevitus said: "The actress who played Carol Ann wrote a book called The Mommie Dearest Diary:Carol Ann Tells All. Everyone on the movie hated Dunaway."

I read that book. It was interesting, but there wasn't a lot of dish about Faye. It was more about her life and her experiences making the movie. But, I agree what she did relate wasn't that favorable.

joevitus Profile Photo
joevitus
#59FAYE FIRED
Posted: 7/26/19 at 11:30am

Cora Hoover Hooper said: "joevitus said: "The actress who played Carol Ann wrote a book called The Mommie Dearest Diary:Carol Ann Tells All. Everyone on the movie hated Dunaway."

I read that book. It was interesting, but there wasn't a lot of dish about Faye. It was more about her life and her experiences making the movie. But, I agree what she did relate wasn't that favorable.

"

Good point. It wasn't a "Faye's a witch" book, just a book on the movie that had some bad things to say about her.

Updated On: 7/26/19 at 11:30 AM

zainmax
#60FAYE FIRED
Posted: 7/26/19 at 11:35am

She can probably star in the new MOMMIE DEAREST musical.

(Not kidding, it's a thing).

SisterGeorge
#61FAYE FIRED
Posted: 7/26/19 at 1:14pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "Coming to Netflix in 2021: Ryan Murphy Presents "F.D."

With Oscar winnersSusan Sarandon as Bette Davis and Leonardo DiCaprio as Jack Nicholson.
"

And Evan Peters as Roman Polanski.

Sister George

Christoph
#62FAYE FIRED
Posted: 7/26/19 at 2:30pm

SisterGeorge said: "BrodyFosse123 said: "Coming to Netflix in 2021: Ryan Murphy Presents "F.D."

With Oscar winnersSusan Sarandon as Bette Davis and Leonardo DiCaprio as Jack Nicholson.
"

And Evan Peters as Roman Polanski.
"

This almost sounds intriguing enough to watch!

RichardA
#63FAYE FIRED
Posted: 7/26/19 at 2:40pm

My wife and I attended the Sunday matinee of "Tea at Five" during that "last weekend in June" referenced in the Post article. Obviously we had no idea what was going on backstage, but Dunaway did stop the performance about fifteen minutes in to ask someone in the front row center to remove the hat he or she was wearing -- her tone was fairly gracious in doing so, explaining that the hat was "so distracting." But the interruption was certainly disconcerting. 

She then backed up a few lines from where she stopped, and the play continued. Our seats were in the third row to the side and I couldn't see the offending theatergoer or the hat, though I was curious to see the latter.

I can also vouch for the article's claim that Dunaway was having trouble with her lines. This was obvious. My wife thought she noticed Dunaway glancing a couple times at prompt cards on the couch and coffee table on the set. I can't say that I noticed that. 

She got an extended standing ovation at that matinee, which I felt reflected respect for her overall career rather than the state of her Hepburn performance that day. Unlike the Globe reviewer (quoted in morosco's posting), I didn't think she was attempting to duplicate Hepburn's vocal mannerisms ("The Voice" as the reviewer puts it) much at all. I did think she was catching occasional physical mannerisms that evoked Hepburn here and there.

All in all I figured the performance was still very much a work in progress, and that the problem of remembering her lines probably meant Dunaway was not too focused on other elements of the performance. I certainly did not think the performance was Broadway ready. And I wouldn't be surprised that Dunaway's firing might reflect nervousness over that as much as it does her backstage misbehavior.

Updated On: 7/26/19 at 02:40 PM

VernonGersch Profile Photo
VernonGersch
#64FAYE FIRED
Posted: 7/27/19 at 1:35am

I saw the show in its last week or so and have to admit by being quite impressed with Faye.  There was a brief moment where should stood up and walked to the fireplace where I feel like she might have fallen - but all and all a moving truly authentic performance. 

I would have loved to have been in the audience when she went bat**** over an audience member's hat.   

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#65FAYE FIRED
Posted: 7/28/19 at 6:10am

I saw her at Oslo in New York and her plastic surgery choices were enough to scare little children. I wonder if she self sabotaged herself with column worthy behavior because she secretly did not think she could pull off the one woman show.

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#66FAYE FIRED
Posted: 7/28/19 at 6:58am

SmoothLover said: "I wonder if she self sabotaged herself with column worthy behavior because she secretly did not think she could pull off the one woman show."

Based on reports, she has been engaging in this type of behavior pretty much her entire career. So unless she has been trying to get fired from pretty much every gig she’s ever been given, your hypothesis is unlikely. 

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#67FAYE FIRED
Posted: 7/28/19 at 3:41pm

I wish Dunaway would go on the Dr. Phil show.

David10086 Profile Photo
David10086
#68FAYE FIRED
Posted: 7/28/19 at 6:26pm

joevitus said: "Cora Hoover Hooper said: "joevitus said: "The actress who played Carol Ann wrote a book called The Mommie Dearest Diary:Carol Ann Tells All. Everyone on the movie hated Dunaway."

"

Good point. It wasn't a "Faye's a witch" book, just a book on the movie that had some bad things to say about her.

"

I read the book when it first came out, and was rather disappointed in it. Nothing really interesting about Faye, just a few mentions of her 'diva behavior'.  Nothing shocking or surprising for me. (And the book is very short, for those interested in reading this).

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#69FAYE FIRED
Posted: 7/29/19 at 11:55am

ArtMan, I genuinely love that you addressed me by name. That GIF was a response to all the tea/stories being spilled in this thread about Dunaway, which I never knew.

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

Cora Hoover Hooper Profile Photo
Cora Hoover Hooper
#70FAYE FIRED
Posted: 7/29/19 at 12:29pm

"

I read the book when it first came out, and was rather disappointed in it. Nothing really interesting about Faye, just a few mentions of her 'diva behavior'. Nothing shocking or surprising for me. (And the book is very short, for those interested in reading this).
"

Yes, I was expecting more dish on Faye as well. I think the book was self-published. As a narrative of what goes on behind the scenes of a film production, I found it interesting enough. And, as you pointed out it was short!

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#71FAYE FIRED
Posted: 8/12/19 at 4:33pm

An article that's a little late about Ms. Dunaway's "difficulties" and firing: WonderWall article

Flowerlovestage5 Profile Photo
Flowerlovestage5
#73FAYE FIRED
Posted: 8/15/19 at 11:02pm

Help us all.

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#74FAYE FIRED
Posted: 8/16/19 at 1:44pm

I'm sure his claims that she was being cruel to him are true, but I'm not sure if calling a young gay man "a little homosexual boy" is technically hate speech. It's really rude and unprofessional, but if he wants to win a lawsuit against her, he should focus on the wrongful termination part.