pixeltracker

Page Six literally slut-shames Kara Lindsay and Stephanie Martignetti over pregnancies

Page Six literally slut-shames Kara Lindsay and Stephanie Martignetti over pregnancies

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#2Page Six literally slut-shames Kara Lindsay and Stephanie Martignetti over pregnancies
Posted: 8/10/19 at 10:24am

Isn't that what Page Six does, though? I suppose you could object to the use of the term "knocked up," but, if the story about the condoms is true, then I'd say the actresses probably get the humor behind the article.

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#4Page Six literally slut-shames Kara Lindsay and Stephanie Martignetti over pregnancies
Posted: 8/10/19 at 10:32am

I see no shaming.

At.
All.

Please tell me where you see it. Is it a tad crude? Maybe....but thereis absolutely no judgement there.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

theatregoer3 Profile Photo
theatregoer3
#5Page Six literally slut-shames Kara Lindsay and Stephanie Martignetti over pregnancies
Posted: 8/10/19 at 10:33am

The headline is crass but I imagine all three women are happy and that it’s a somewhat cute story beneath the usual Page Six sneer.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#6Page Six literally slut-shames Kara Lindsay and Stephanie Martignetti over pregnancies
Posted: 8/10/19 at 10:35am

The introduction is crude, for sure. The article treats Kara and Stephanie like a curse has hit the show since the beginning and they treat like it's a bad thing that they give up the shows for families

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#7Page Six literally slut-shames Kara Lindsay and Stephanie Martignetti over pregnancies
Posted: 8/10/19 at 10:35am

I think we've moved way beyond the point where announcing a pregnancy is "slut shaming." PageSix isn't sending them to the Magdalene laundries. 

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#8Page Six literally slut-shames Kara Lindsay and Stephanie Martignetti over pregnancies
Posted: 8/10/19 at 10:36am

disneybroadwayfan22 said: "The introduction is crude, for sure. The article treats Kara and Stephanie like a curse has hit the show since the beginning and they treat like it's a bad thing that they give up the shows for families"

Oh, get a grip.

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#9Page Six literally slut-shames Kara Lindsay and Stephanie Martignetti over pregnancies
Posted: 8/10/19 at 10:40am

Then what do you make of the cast giving JKW a box of condoms? There is no need for any discourse or any outrage surrounding this article, but if there was, i’d raise an eyebrow at that.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#10Page Six literally slut-shames Kara Lindsay and Stephanie Martignetti over pregnancies
Posted: 8/10/19 at 10:40am

Just amazes me how people no longer have a sense of humor and just immediately find things disgusting or negative. Even when the humor is right in your face.

This is quite funny and the package she got is hilarious and shows the sense of humor the actresses have.

Just give the world Love.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#11Page Six literally slut-shames Kara Lindsay and Stephanie Martignetti over pregnancies
Posted: 8/10/19 at 10:41am

Kara Lindsay herself tweeted about it, so, clearly, she gets the humor about the situation:

https://twitter.com/KaraLindsay1/status/1158754777452466179

Phantom4ever
#12Page Six literally slut-shames Kara Lindsay and Stephanie Martignetti over pregnancies
Posted: 8/10/19 at 11:15am

Now it would be one thing if Page Six figuratively slut-shamed Kara and Stephanie but literally?  I won't stand for it! 

\_(•_•)_/ Profile Photo
\_(•_•)_/
#13Page Six literally slut-shames Kara Lindsay and Stephanie Martignetti over pregnancies
Posted: 8/10/19 at 11:27am

There’s zero slut shaming going on, the fact that you came to the conclusion that this is slut shaming is concerning. If anything you just slut shamed them by even bringing up the word slut

SouthernCakes
#14Page Six literally slut-shames Kara Lindsay and Stephanie Martignetti over pregnancies
Posted: 8/10/19 at 11:36am

Yeah there’s no slut shamming in that at all. It’s tongue in cheek. There’s nothing negative about any of that.

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#15Page Six literally slut-shames Kara Lindsay and Stephanie Martignetti over pregnancies
Posted: 8/10/19 at 11:37am

_(•_&bullPage Six literally slut-shames Kara Lindsay and Stephanie Martignetti over pregnancies _/ said: "There’s zero slut shaming going on, the fact that you came to the conclusion that this is slut shaming is concerning. If anything you just slut shamed them by even bringing up the word slut"

Yeah, this idea that pregnancy is "shameful" and couldn't even be mentioned on tv is so 1950s. Most women are now happy to announce their pregnancy. 

nasty_khakis
castlestreet Profile Photo
castlestreet
#17Page Six literally slut-shames Kara Lindsay and Stephanie Martignetti over pregnancies
Posted: 8/10/19 at 12:29pm

This board is getting harder to read with each passing day...sad really

matty159 Profile Photo
matty159
#18Page Six literally slut-shames Kara Lindsay and Stephanie Martignetti over pregnancies
Posted: 8/10/19 at 12:40pm

I saw this post right when it was posted and kept my yap shut. First, it is Page Six. Second, there is no slut shaming. Third, the gift wrapped box of condoms shows the two actresses got the humor or it...as did Page Six. The article posted about a coincidence and added a little fun to it. I’m not the hugest NYPost fan, but there is nothing ugly here. Move on. Not everything is offensive in these times as much as people want things to be.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#19Page Six literally slut-shames Kara Lindsay and Stephanie Martignetti over pregnancies
Posted: 8/10/19 at 1:00pm

This is not slut shaming in the slightest.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

taylortrensch Profile Photo
taylortrensch
#20Page Six literally slut-shames Kara Lindsay and Stephanie Martignetti over pregnancies
Posted: 8/10/19 at 1:30pm

some of you just love finding anything to get worked up over,, stop reaching for something that's not there lol

it's ! not ! that ! deep ! 

don't message me thinking im taylor trensch?? what would he be doing on bww?? you can't possibly be that dumb bye

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#21Page Six literally slut-shames Kara Lindsay and Stephanie Martignetti over pregnancies
Posted: 8/10/19 at 1:49pm

Slut shaming??? GET A GRIP.

The fact that the two mothers to be left a BOX OF CONDOMS and a note for the replacement invalidates anything “crude” about this. If anything, Page Six found humor in the actors’ humor and reported on it.

Bell0708
#22Page Six literally slut-shames Kara Lindsay and Stephanie Martignetti over pregnancies
Posted: 8/10/19 at 1:50pm

Kara Lindsay also tweeted to Page 6 (I don't know how to copy it because I'm an idiot), something along the lines of "We are women in our mid-thirties who have been trying to have a family, let's be more sensitive about that".  I personally don't see it as slut-shaming, but Kara did mention the headline was strange.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#23Page Six literally slut-shames Kara Lindsay and Stephanie Martignetti over pregnancies
Posted: 8/10/19 at 2:02pm

The only thing I found "crude" was using the term: knocked up.  I feel that just has a bit of a negative connotation, like they didn't want to be pregnant.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

bk
#24Page Six literally slut-shames Kara Lindsay and Stephanie Martignetti over pregnancies
Posted: 8/10/19 at 4:09pm

Humor?  In 2019?  On this board?  THAT'S comedy.

dbird
#25Page Six literally slut-shames Kara Lindsay and Stephanie Martignetti over pregnancies
Posted: 8/10/19 at 4:54pm

Jessica Keenan-Wynn posted a screenshot about the condom part a couple days ago and wrote something like "LOL, I wish this was true"...otherwise agree with most people that there's no slut-shaming in the article.