pixeltracker

Little Shop of Horrors Rush - Page 3

Little Shop of Horrors Rush

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#50Little Shop of Horrors Lottery
Posted: 10/23/19 at 9:51am

mamaleh said: "Just to confirm: the lottery continues post-opening, correct? It wasn't just during previews? And is it still not at the theater but down the block somewhere? Thanks."

It is right at the theatre.

mamaleh
#51Little Shop of Horrors Lottery
Posted: 10/23/19 at 4:50pm

Thanks for the update.

Rosette3
#52Little Shop of Horrors Lottery
Posted: 10/27/19 at 10:22am

Has anyone entered on a Friday night? Would it be safe to assume that Friday night would command same entrant size (80-100) as Saturday or Sunday? I will be traveling to NYC for a Sat-Sun weekend trip but considering if it'll be helpful for my probability (for lotto & cancelation line) to take off work so I can enter on Friday night too? I will be in town during Gideon's run and betting on crowds will be smaller too (hopefully!).

hannhannham
#53Little Shop of Horrors Lottery
Posted: 10/27/19 at 2:24pm

Truly, I think it’s a crap shoot. I’ve tried 11 times now with no win, at every possible curtain time (except for Wednesday matinee), and in pouring rain as well. It might be smaller crowds with Gideon, that’s true! Maybe I have horrible luck but personally I haven’t found a way to beat the odds. Wishing you luck!!!!

ccbway
#54Little Shop of Horrors Lottery
Posted: 10/27/19 at 4:11pm

Rosette3 said: "Has anyone entered on a Friday night? Would it be safe to assume that Friday night would command same entrant size (80-100) as Saturday or Sunday? I will be traveling to NYC for a Sat-Sun weekend trip but considering if it'll be helpful for my probability (for lotto & cancelation line) to take off work so I can enter on Friday night too? I will be in town during Gideon's run and betting on crowds will be smaller too (hopefully!)."

Yes, this is safe to say. Since the opening, the size of lottery crowd has been pretty consistent, regardless of time, day of the week, weather, etc. I don't really think it will "help" your probability to win to go on a Friday night night other than just another opportunity.

That said, I entered the lottery 30-40 times since the very first preview performance before finally winning last night, so maybe there is something to be said about persistence.

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#55Little Shop of Horrors Lottery
Posted: 10/27/19 at 4:19pm

For the record:

I went to the lottery this past Wednesday matinee, and there were only about 50 people there. And the weather was nice and everything. It was my 8th (or so) try, and I finally won! 

Updated On: 10/27/19 at 04:19 PM

ANewBrainn Profile Photo
ANewBrainn
#56Little Shop of Horrors Lottery
Posted: 10/27/19 at 8:25pm

I seem to be luckier than others.  I entered 3 times during the span of this past week and won the Sat matinee.  So winning is actually possible.

Wee Thomas2 Profile Photo
Wee Thomas2
#57Little Shop of Horrors Lottery
Posted: 11/4/19 at 5:28am

Watched the lottery this past Saturday.  About 40-50 people vying for 8 tickets.  One winner took just 1, then 3 too 2 each, and the 5th winner dumped their friend to go alone with the last ticket.

Dkinny23
#58Little Shop of Horrors Lottery
Posted: 11/13/19 at 4:21pm

Hey just giving an update for the lottery. There were about 15-20 people there today for the Wednesday 2pm Matinee. Everyone won!! They had 41 tickets which the girl doing the lottery said neverrr happens. Usually between 10-14 tickets are awarded. I’m sure Wednesday matinees are usually less but additional to that it’s also freezing out today and it’s during Glick’s run which I’m sure had something to do with it.

What they did was separated the line into who wanted single tickets and who wanted double tickets. They had single ticket buyers go first because the seats were scattered throughout the theater. I ended up getting Orch A 103 which is front row and a few seats away from center! Really amazing seats. Looks like most seats would be good here it’s a pretty small theater!

As for the show, it’s was great! I saw it many many years ago on broadway and then last month in Pasadena so I’m obviously making comparisons, but they really did a great job! While I don’t think anyone can play the part more perfectly than George Salazar, Gideon Glick is a very good Seymour. He’s so adorable and played the parr well. Tammy Blanchard isn’t my favorite but she did a fine job. Christian Borle was fantastic as always and such a joy to watch! The set design is great and just feels authentic. The puppetry was FANTASTIC and soooooooooo much better than the Pasadena version. I understand they likely have a bigger budget and in Pasadena it was fun and cute but this is just so much more great and impressive and hit more of the “wow factor” for me! Overall would highly recommend!! Left with a huge smile on my face that was there since the opening number!

Rosette3
#59Little Shop of Horrors Lottery
Posted: 11/13/19 at 5:20pm

Dkinny23 said: "Hey just giving an update for the lottery. There were about 15-20 people there today for the Wednesday 2pm Matinee. Everyone won!! They had 41 tickets which the girl doing the lottery said neverrr happens. Usually between 10-14 tickets are awarded. I’m sure Wednesday matinees are usually less but additional to that it’s also freezing out today and it’s during Glick’s run which I’m sure had something to do with it.

What they did was separated the line into who wanted single tickets and who wanted double tickets. They had single ticket buyers go first because the seats were scattered throughout the theater. I ended up getting Orch A 103 which is front row and a few seats away from center! Really amazing seats. Looks like most seats would be good here it’s a pretty small theater!

As for the show, it’s was great! I saw it many many years ago on broadway and then last month in Pasadena so I’m obviously making comparisons, but they really did a great job! While I don’t think anyone can play the part more perfectly than George Salazar, Gideon Glick is a very good Seymour. He’s so adorable and played the parr well. Tammy Blanchard isn’t my favorite but she did a fine job. Christian Borle was fantastic as always and such a joy to watch! The set design is great and just feels authentic. The puppetry was FANTASTIC and soooooooooo much better than the Pasadena version. I understand they likely have a bigger budget and in Pasadena it was fun and cute but this is just so much more great and impressive and hit more of the “wow factor” for me! Overall would highly recommend!! Left with a huge smile on my face that was there since the opening number!
"

Damn that's awesome! I couldn't deal with the uncertainty of missing the show gambling on the lottery so I ended up buying a $119 seat for 11/18 8PM show after more tickets were released during Gideon's run. I was already planning to do cancellation anyways so I guess that was a sign in itself that I'd be willing to pay if opportunity presented itself? The Frugal Fanny in me is gonna be kicking myself if 10-15 people show up for lottery this weekend lol

I would've loved to see George's Seymour. His personality fits so well with the role. I keep going back to his and MJ's performance on The Late Show. 

Dkinny23
#60Little Shop of Horrors Lottery
Posted: 11/13/19 at 5:41pm

Rosette3 said: "Dkinny23 said: "Hey just giving an update for the lottery. There were about 15-20 people there today for the Wednesday 2pm Matinee. Everyone won!! They had 41 tickets which the girl doing the lottery said neverrr happens. Usually between 10-14 tickets are awarded. I’m sure Wednesday matinees are usually less but additional to that it’s also freezing out today and it’s during Glick’s run which I’m sure had something to do with it.

"

Damn that's awesome! I couldn't deal with the uncertainty of missing the show gambling on the lottery so I ended up buying a $119 seat for 11/18 8PM show after more tickets were released during Gideon's run. I was already planning to do cancellation anyways so I guess that was a sign in itself that I'd be willing to pay if opportunity presented itself? The Frugal Fanny in me is gonna be kicking myself if 10-15 people show up for lottery this weekend lol

I would've loved to see George's Seymour. His personality fits so well with the role. I keep going back to his and MJ's performance on The Late Show.
"

I would be reallllllly surprised if there were ever as few as 10-15 at their lottery ever again. I think it was really just a combination of Glick/cold weather/Wednesday matinee. I think it was smart that you just bought a ticket, especially if it’s something you don’t want to miss!

I wish I could express how perfect George’s performance was. Glick did great and I’ve heard Groff is fantastic so I’m sure you won’t be disappointed! Enjoy!  

herewegoabc
#61Little Shop of Horrors Lottery
Posted: 11/13/19 at 7:01pm

Wow! That sounds super lucky!

I'm in town next Saturday for one night only and want to try the lottery that night. I know I likely won't win, but does anyone have good info on how the cancellation line works for this? Do people just line up post lottery? Or is there already a line- if so, when do people normally start lining up? How many tickets are normally available and how many people normally line up, etc.? Thanks in advance!

Benjamin Hao
#62Little Shop of Horrors Lottery
Posted: 11/14/19 at 12:50am

There's a little sign for cancellation right outside the door, you can line up while waiting for the lottery. I asked about it once and was told there's almost always at least 1 or 2 cancellation tickets.

Also was part of the 41 lottery ticket show (yay!), guessing last week's mat wasn't at max capacity, and they decided they may as well fill up the rest of the theater anyway this week. Won't happen again as Geoff's returning, and the weekend mat will definitely be much busier. Personally only went to try the lottery for Gideon, and he killed the part. Not a weak link in the cast, absolutely adored Tammy too. GL to all :)

Kate Monster3
#63Little Shop of Horrors Lottery
Posted: 11/14/19 at 6:24pm

lottery pretty skimpy tonight, only about 20 people and I won!!! Also no one in the cancelation line and the girl kept trying to convince people to line up if they lost the lottery.

Rosette3
#64Little Shop of Horrors Lottery
Posted: 11/17/19 at 7:16am

Went to theater early and caught the lottery drawing for the Sat 11/16 8PM show. Looked to be 40ish people in crowd who entered and they only had 8 tickets available for this show.

theminutepast
#65Little Shop of Horrors Lottery
Posted: 11/17/19 at 3:06pm

I was in New York last month. I went on a Saturday evening. There were a lot of people — at least 50. They had 10 lotto tickets. I lost the lotto, joined the cancellation line about 11 back, and waited until showtime. No cancellation tickets for anyone that night. I went back on Tuesday night 20 minutes before the lotto opened so I could be the first person in the cancellation line. When the lotto opened, I took turns with someone else stepping out of line to enter. I lost the lottery (8 tickets that night), but 10 minutes later they had a cancelled ticket! Row G center, $99. I think five people in the cancellation line got tickets that night. The show was AWESOME. I ended up switching with a lottery winner who wanted to sit next to his friend who was behind me in the cancellation line and the front row left of center view was just the best. Got snapped at by the plant, and managed to avoid Groff spit.

Updated On: 11/17/19 at 03:06 PM

Rosette3
#66Little Shop of Horrors Lottery
Posted: 11/17/19 at 7:28pm

The show was so good and Gideon perfectly cast as Seymour I tried the lottery for 11/17 3PM Matinee to see it one last time. Counted about 50 entrants, 10 tickets were available. 4 people took two, 1 person took one and last winner took persuading from her friend (and the crowd) to take the 10th single ticket. Someone asked earlier but I attached a photo to show the two lines. Very organized (and fun) in person lottery!Little Shop of Horrors Lottery

Updated On: 11/17/19 at 07:28 PM

brando193
#67Little Shop of Horrors Lottery
Posted: 11/17/19 at 11:58pm

I know there was an article posted earlier in the thread about the lottery time changing to opening 90 min before showtime and the drawing taking place 55 min prior. Can anyone confirm that this is still the current timing? I was seeing some conflicting info online and want to make sure I have the right timing for my trip in a few weeks. Thanks!

CarmenA3 Profile Photo
CarmenA3
#68Little Shop of Horrors Lottery
Posted: 11/18/19 at 11:19am

brando193 said: "I know there was an article posted earlier in the thread about the lottery time changing to opening 90 min before showtime and the drawing taking place 55 min prior. Can anyone confirm that this is still the current timing? I was seeing some conflicting info online and want to make sure I have the right timing for my trip in a few weeks. Thanks!"

Yes, those times are still correct :)

maryad2
#69Little Shop of Horrors Lottery
Posted: 11/24/19 at 6:23pm

Lottery update!

Went today Sunday 11/24 to enter the lottery; thought I might have a better chance as the weather was pretty bad. There were about 30 or so people, and 8 tickets. Sadly, I didn't win, and they recommended people wait in the cancellation line to buy full price tickets.

Jamie 10
#70Little Shop of Horrors Lottery
Posted: 12/14/19 at 7:18pm

Hey guys!

I really want to see this production & the only day I can go is this Wednesday at 8 (12/15) so I have a few questions I was wondering if anyone could help me out with. 

I’ve never had articulated in an in-person lottery, so do I just show up at the box office & ask to enter? or is there another way of entering? Also if anyone has recently gone to the lottery and knows what the average number of people who enter is, that would be great! 

And how does the cancellation line work? I have never done a cancellation line, so any tips would be very much appreciated! What time is good to arrive for your best chances? Where does that line start? For the cancellation line, is it cash only like the lotto or do they take cards? 

I understand a lot of it is up to the day & depending on a lot of different factors but any information could be helpful!!

Thank you! 

CarmenA3 Profile Photo
CarmenA3
#71Little Shop of Horrors Lottery
Posted: 12/15/19 at 12:35am

Hi Jamie 10 - I hope you do get a ticket for the one spot that's open to you! To answer your questions:

Lottery: Entries for the lottery take place outside the theatre - there's a table on the left of the theatre (if you're facing the theatre) with a person in charge. She's super nice and can tell you exactly what to do. The lottery opens 90 mins before show time and winners are drawn 55 minutes before curtain time.  If you only need one ticket, I highly recommend entering for 2 anyways and once you enter, ask people in the crowd if anyone is looking for 1 ticket as well. Partner up with them and double your chances :)

As far as how many people show up, it's a complete roll of the dice. If it's nice weather, expect at least 30-40 people. With an 8pm curtain, more people have time to get to the lottery. But there's no way to estimate the crowd. Lottery is $29 cash only.

Cancellation Line: Outside the theatre is where the cancellation line forms. There is a sign posted that says Cancellation Line. I don't know how early the line starts as I've never tried it, but as I always say to friends...the earlier you get there, the closer to the front you will be. Definitely get there at least by the time the lottery opens. You can enter the lottery and move over to the cancellation line (they're next to each other).

As far as getting tickets from the cancellation line, it's also a roll of the dice. They may start calling people up right after the lottery, or possibly not until just before the show starts. Cancellation line allows you to pay in cash OR credit card. Keep in mind tickets in the cancel line are full-price.

Hope this is the info you were looking for. You should also keep an eye out on resell sites like Stubhub, although this is a popular show, so prices won't go super cheap before someone snatches up tickets.

Jamie 10
#72Little Shop of Horrors Lottery
Posted: 12/18/19 at 12:37am

CarmenA3 said: "Hi Jamie 10 - I hope you do get a ticket for the one spot that's open to you! To answer your questions:

Lottery: Entries for the lottery take place outside the theatre - there's a table on the left of the theatre (if you're facing the theatre) with a person in charge. She's super nice and can tell you exactly what to do. The lottery opens 90 mins before show time and winners are drawn 55 minutes before curtain time. If you only need one ticket, I highly recommend entering for 2 anyways and once you enter, ask people in the crowd if anyone is looking for 1 ticket as well. Partner up with them and double your chances :)

As far as how many people show up, it's a complete roll of the dice. If it's nice weather, expect at least 30-40 people. With an 8pm curtain, more people have time to get to the lottery. But there's no way to estimate the crowd. Lottery is $29 cash only.

Cancellation Line: Outside the theatre is where the cancellation line forms. There is a sign posted that says Cancellation Line. I don't know how early the line starts as I've never tried it, but as I always say to friends...the earlier you get there, the closer to the front you will be. Definitely get there at least by the time the lottery opens. You can enter the lottery and move over to the cancellation line (they're next to each other).

As far as getting tickets from the cancellation line, it's also a roll of the dice. They may start calling people up right after the lottery, or possibly not until just before the show starts. Cancellation line allows you to pay in cash OR credit card. Keep in mind tickets in the cancel line are full-price.

Hope this is the info you were looking for.You should also keep an eye out on resell sites like Stubhub, although this is a popular show, so prices won't go super cheap before someone snatches up tickets.
"

Thank you so much! This was very helpful information:) 

W1nd0what
#73Little Shop of Horrors Lottery
Posted: 12/25/19 at 9:56pm

Hi! I was just wondering if anyone had gotten cancellation tickets recently? I've noticed the posts on this thread saying they're usually $99. I was just wondering if it's that price for all cancellation tickets or if it's the original ticket price? Thanks :)

Hopelesslydevoted24
#74Little Shop of Horrors Lottery
Posted: 12/30/19 at 6:33pm

I just visited the LSH lottery. I thought I would be lucky since it’s rainy and cold in NYC despite it being close to New Year’s. No such luck! May be 40-50 people entered and one of the theater employees won. Would think there would be rules about that?

Updated On: 12/31/19 at 06:33 PM