pixeltracker

Darren Criss Headed back to Broadway!?- Page 2

Darren Criss Headed back to Broadway!?

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#25Darren Criss Headed back to Broadway!?
Posted: 10/23/19 at 9:27pm

Darren Criss Headed back to Broadway!?

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#26Darren Criss Headed back to Broadway!?
Posted: 10/23/19 at 9:42pm

ACL2006 said: "There's always Chicago..."

I think his career is still ascending?

Rosette3
#27Darren Criss Headed back to Broadway!?
Posted: 10/23/19 at 9:44pm

Oo I'm partial to the OK! theory because I want Gideon to take over as Seymour. He needs a light-hearted musical after two plays. I could see Darren as Curly. Damon's always said Broadway was not his end goal but rather a sidetrack. Don't know if that'd translate to Darren taking over the rest of his run? It was a limited engagement so hypothetically Damon's not on a standard 1 yr contract?

Updated On: 10/23/19 at 09:44 PM

Elegance101 Profile Photo
Elegance101
#28Darren Criss Headed back to Broadway!?
Posted: 10/23/19 at 10:06pm

Rosette3 said: "Oo I'm partial to the OK! theory because I wasn't Gideon to take over as Seymour. He needs a light-hearted musical after two plays. I could see Darren as Curly. Damon's always said Broadway was not his end goal but rather a sidetrack. Don't know if that'd translate to Darren taking over the rest of his run? It was a limited engagement so hypothetically Damon's not on a standard 1 yr contract?"

They can buy Damon out if need be, even for a few weeks. Damon is probably contracted for the full-run, but the producers can fiddle with that if they want. It happens all the time.

Wallman2
#29Darren Criss Headed back to Broadway!?
Posted: 10/23/19 at 10:22pm

Love Darren.  He's so talented.  But I think he would want to challenge himself like he did with his terrific Versace performance last year.  I think after doing Broadway musicals that he'd probably choose a straight play.  I could see him doing an Albee (Nick in "Virginia Woolf"Darren Criss Headed back to Broadway!?, a Williams (he'd be a great Tom in "Menagerie"Darren Criss Headed back to Broadway!? or even a Mamet (a compelling Bobby in "American Buffalo"Darren Criss Headed back to Broadway!?.    

Jarethan
#30Darren Criss Headed back to Broadway!?
Posted: 10/23/19 at 10:28pm

ChildofEarth said: "I’m working on a theory that he’s doing either something on the West End or the 1776 revival."

Way too young for 1776, I think.

fitzdavid2
#31Darren Criss Headed back to Broadway!?
Posted: 10/23/19 at 10:38pm

Menagerie was done recently and "Virginia Woolf" is coming back this spring with mostly an English cast, except for Laurie Metcalf.  Besides I feel like I just saw that with Tracy Letts (who won a Tony Award).  And "American Buffalo" has been announced for this spring with Sam Rockwell and Laurence Fishburne.  it's probably a musical.  Maybe "K-Pop" which is said to be going to Circle in the Square?

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#32Darren Criss Headed back to Broadway!?
Posted: 10/23/19 at 10:58pm

My Oklahoma guess was just that, but now I’m getting excited at the prospect of it maybe being real. He really does fit in with their production.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#33Darren Criss Headed back to Broadway!?
Posted: 10/23/19 at 11:51pm

Isn’t the Oklahoma! revival closing in January? I’d think the original revival cast would remain with the show.

ModernMillie3 Profile Photo
ModernMillie3
#34Darren Criss Headed back to Broadway!?
Posted: 10/24/19 at 12:05am

It closes in less than 3 months, and the cast will remain as is.

Updated On: 10/24/19 at 12:05 AM

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#35Darren Criss Headed back to Broadway!?
Posted: 10/24/19 at 2:45am

The Who's Tommy revival?

I still want to see Reeve Carney in that part but this speculation is as good as any others...*shrug*

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

magictodo123
#36Darren Criss Headed back to Broadway!?
Posted: 10/24/19 at 4:58am

Valentina3 said: "The Who's Tommy revival?

I still want to see Reeve Carney in that part but this speculation is as good as any others...*shrug*
"

Ooooo if they don’t get Reeve to do it—YES!! 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#37Darren Criss Headed back to Broadway!?
Posted: 10/24/19 at 5:30am

Hamilfan2 said: " The only other thing I can think of is if Tootsie is looking for someone to take over for Santino already (he did just have a baby so probably wants to be home with it)."

Are you kidding? There are very few people in this country who can QUIT their jobs to stay home with a baby.  How would they support it? His hours are already quite conducive to being with his child, as most of his free time is during the day.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

magictodo123
#38Darren Criss Headed back to Broadway!?
Posted: 10/24/19 at 5:36am

dramamama611 said: "Hamilfan2 said: "The only other thing I can think of is if Tootsie is looking for someone to take over for Santino already (he did just have a baby so probably wants to be home with it)."

Are you kidding? There are very few people in this country who can QUIT their jobs to stay home with a baby. How would they support it? His hours are already quite conducive to being with his child, as most of his free time is during the day.

"

I agree with drama. As much as I know people don’t want to miss their child growing up, they also need to make money to take care of that child! It’s highly unlikely that Santino would leave for that reason. 

blueshadows
#39Darren Criss Headed back to Broadway!?
Posted: 10/24/19 at 6:59am

magictodo123 said: "Valentina3 said: "The Who's Tommy revival?

"

Ooooo if they don’t get Reeve to do it—YES!!
"

It'd be great if Reeve does The Who's Tommy and Darren replaces for Hadestown!

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#40Darren Criss Headed back to Broadway!?
Posted: 10/24/19 at 7:07am

My personal opinion is that Darren should be kept as far away from Hadestown as possible. He is not nearly the earnest performer Carney is, and Criss' Orpheus would come off more naive or cocky, instead of sincere - which is the only reason you root for the guy.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#41Darren Criss Headed back to Broadway!?
Posted: 10/24/19 at 7:41am

Naive works.  Better (IMO) then whatever the heck Reeves is doing.  Many of us here (and in my personal circles) felt he is the weak link.   

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#42Darren Criss Headed back to Broadway!?
Posted: 10/24/19 at 8:17am

Valentina3 said: "The Who's Tommy revival?

"

That makes more sense to me than Oklahoma!. It seems to me revivals tend to have above-the-title stars and 2020-2021 season already sounds exciting if both Hugh Jackman and Darren Criss are part of it.

ChildofEarth Profile Photo
ChildofEarth
#43Darren Criss Headed back to Broadway!?
Posted: 10/24/19 at 8:34am

Could Hedwig finally be going to the West End? I know I’m in the minority, but I thought his Hedwig performance was quite something

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#44Darren Criss Headed back to Broadway!?
Posted: 10/24/19 at 8:39am

WldKingdomHM said: "I’m thinking Hadestown, or Take Me Out (we can all dream)"

I like both of those options, and would also like to see how he might do as Raoul in Phantom.

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

magictodo123
#45Darren Criss Headed back to Broadway!?
Posted: 10/24/19 at 8:39am

Okay it's kind of a small role in the movie, but I just had a thought...maybe they could make the role of Andrea/Andy's boyfriends role in The Devil Wears Prada bigger for Darren? ...or am I just being totally ridiculous...he WOULD be originating a role..

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#46Darren Criss Headed back to Broadway!?
Posted: 10/24/19 at 8:51am

ChildofEarth said: "Could Hedwig finally be going to the West End? I know I’m in the minority, but I thought his Hedwig performance was quite something"

Has Darren ever performed at the West End? I enjoyed his performance on Broadway as well (saw him 3 times thanks to the in-person lottery ---- and even got lucky once by sitting in front row orch!)

Scarlet Leigh Profile Photo
Scarlet Leigh
#47Darren Criss Headed back to Broadway!?
Posted: 10/24/19 at 9:36am

Should be noted, he shared the same message on his Instagram story as well. He is definitely teasing something.

magictodo123
#48Darren Criss Headed back to Broadway!?
Posted: 10/24/19 at 9:57am

I went to look at a list of all the shows on Broadway, and tried to think of which ones he could possibly be in.

Aladdin

Book of Mormon

Chicago?

Flying Over Sunset?

Frozen (Hans?)

Girl From The North Country (could originate a role)

...oh gosh...I...hope not but....MJ The Musical....

My Name is Lucy Barton

Take Me Out

West...Side...Story?

Wicked (I'm surprised he hasn't done Wicked yet to be honest)

Broadway Bob* Profile Photo
Broadway Bob*
#49Darren Criss Headed back to Broadway!?
Posted: 10/24/19 at 10:04am

We have our answer...

https://bit.ly/2BBxY7n

”Darren Criss Will Join Laurence Fishburne & Sam Rockwell in American Buffalo on Broadway”

<-- Tevye, FIDDLER ON THE ROOF, March 2018
Updated On: 10/24/19 at 10:04 AM

Videos