pixeltracker

Which shows will Covid-19 end?- Page 11

Which shows will Covid-19 end?

Fosse76
#250Which shows will Covid-19 end?
Posted: 5/2/20 at 8:45pm

I wouldn't rely on WHO's COVID-19 strategy.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2020-05-01/covid-19-sweden-hasn-t-cracked-the-coronavirus-code

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#251Which shows will Covid-19 end?
Posted: 5/2/20 at 8:58pm

You don't know what will hit or not in the fall because no one does. Don't undercut the point you can make by overstating it."

You don't know sh*t, and I'll continue to post whatever I want.  Trying to control the narrative or other humans on the internet is laughable and pathetic. 

There will be a second wave and Broadway won't be opening until social distancing is relaxed or no longer required. Period. 

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#252Which shows will Covid-19 end?
Posted: 5/2/20 at 9:08pm

This thread already hit rock bottom. Being realistic is not always being negative.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#253Which shows will Covid-19 end?
Posted: 5/2/20 at 9:09pm

Sutton Ross said: "You don't know what will hit or not in the fall because no one does. Don't undercut the point you can make by overstating it."

You don't know sh*t, andI'll continue to post whatever I want. Trying to control the narrative or other humans on the internet is laughable and pathetic.

There will be a second wave and Broadway won't be opening until social distancing is relaxed or no longer required. Period.
"

Having an intelligent discussion on this board seems beyond hope.

I'll look at your first sentence and stop:

No, I don't. That is precisely my point. NO ONE DOES. 

And you can post whatever you want, dear. I never suggested otherwise. You, like all of us, has the right to be wrong. And while we don't know the answer, we can and do know that we don't know. 

Be safe. Be healthy. Try to be sensible.

Alex M Profile Photo
Alex M
#254Which shows will Covid-19 end?
Posted: 5/3/20 at 1:59am

For those that think that every show on Broadway will end up closing, what do you think will happen to broadway when this passes and we are able to open up Broadway? A ton of revivals? New shows? Nothing? Im interested to know because Im not exactly sure where I see this going rn.

Damiensta
#255Which shows will Covid-19 end?
Posted: 5/14/20 at 4:20pm

Per Instagram , Frozen is not reopening. Surprising since it’s Disney

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#256Which shows will Covid-19 end?
Posted: 5/14/20 at 4:21pm

I’m half shocked - I mean, I was fully expecting the show to close sometime in the near future (to make way for a new production) but I wasn’t expecting a Disney show to be the first big closing.

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.
Updated On: 5/14/20 at 04:21 PM

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#257Which shows will Covid-19 end?
Posted: 5/14/20 at 4:35pm

Alex M said: "For those that think that every show on Broadwaywill end up closing, what do you think will happen to broadway when this passes and we are able to open up Broadway? A ton of revivals? New shows? Nothing? Im interested to know because Im not exactly sure where I see this going rn."

I believe we'll see around 1/2 the amount of shows if that being (10)...not counting the new ones that plan on opening when BWAY reopens.

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George
Updated On: 5/14/20 at 04:35 PM

MadsonMelo
#258Which shows will Covid-19 end?
Posted: 5/14/20 at 4:54pm

Aside from Phantom, Lion King, Chicago, Wicked, Book of Mormon and Hamilton, I can't think of any other show that can stay open until 2021.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#259Which shows will Covid-19 end?
Posted: 5/15/20 at 2:45pm

The national tour of Summer just posted its closing notice. 

Oh look, a bibu!

Theatrefanboy1
#260Which shows will Covid-19 end?
Posted: 5/15/20 at 4:53pm

MadsonMelo said: "Aside from Phantom, Lion King, Chicago, Wicked, Book of Mormon and Hamilton, I can't think of any other show that can stay open until 2021."

I completely agree. If they are truthfully looking not to open til March 2021. I’m hoping for a fall opening but truth be told. No shows will have the backing to hold over a year.  I know that Webber has stated he will see to it that Phantom reopens  and I’m sure if it came down to it he’d be putting his own money into it if need be  

A lot of shows having high weekly operating expenses (ie Harry Potter and Moulin Rouge)  I have become fearful that we could lose   

If SIX could open I’m sure it would make a go post closure.  

Cameron MacIntosh I believe was the one saying shows would typically have enough money to hold them through til the end of August but after that the casualties would be great.  I’m assuming the assessment of West End and Broadway would be similar. 

As much I have/had high hopes for Company and Diana and Mrs Doubtfire And Girl From The North Country to open. I am fearful that it may be the end from them if the March opening date is announced. 

Part of me actually has begun to believe that come April 2021. Out of the 41 theatres we will only be left with 12-15 shows. (As of right now 7 theatres sit empty) 

HenryTDobson Profile Photo
HenryTDobson
#261Which shows will Covid-19 end?
Posted: 5/15/20 at 4:59pm

While I agree that the majority of shows are in danger, I hope we get some of the new shows eventually, even if it takes several years. When things return to normal (probably not til 2022) audiences will want to embrace and support these shows that never made it in 2020.

SFFrontRow
#262Which shows will Covid-19 end?
Posted: 5/15/20 at 7:23pm

Any shows that haven't opened can do so at a later time (this or some other season). For current shows, the size of the production and its running cost will probably determine the survival. IF social distancing is required, would they open to a  half full social distanced house. What shows can run on a half full house - and at what price range?

Of the current shows, Six would be the show I would bet on. Small cast, probably low running cost, infectious score (a bit of an ear worm but in a good way - tempo makes it a great brisk dog walk listen). I saw one of the first previews in Feb, the vibe was exciting, and the show itself seemed to be very popular. Too bad it just missed its opening.

Luminaire2 Profile Photo
Luminaire2
#263Which shows will Covid-19 end?
Posted: 6/20/20 at 11:55am

Took me forever to find this thread again.

Anastasia tour is done.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBqL5gbF-hG/?igshid=1e5mrpnyv59ca

Updated On: 6/20/20 at 11:55 AM

ElphabaGoodman
#264Which shows will Covid-19 end?
Posted: 6/20/20 at 1:01pm

Luminaire2 said: "Took me forever to find this thread again.

Anastasia tour is done.

"

Anastasia will be going back out as a non-union tour.  

Luminaire2 Profile Photo
Luminaire2
#265Which shows will Covid-19 end?
Posted: 6/20/20 at 1:32pm

ElphabaGoodman said: "Luminaire2 said: "Took me forever to find this thread again.

Anastasia tour is done.

"

Anastasia will be going back out as a non-union tour.
"

Sure, but I have doubts about that as scheduled also. It’s on my 20/21 season in January... 

But originally the equity tour was being rescheduled, now it is axed. Sad for that cast and crew.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#266Which shows will Covid-19 end?
Posted: 7/11/20 at 11:38pm

Looks like Mean Girls could be next

https://twitter.com/stagedoorguru/status/1282131636117700609?s=21

Elegance101 Profile Photo
Elegance101
#267Which shows will Covid-19 end?
Posted: 7/11/20 at 11:50pm

disneybroadwayfan22 said: "Looks like Mean Girls could be next

"

While I do believe Mean Girls is likely to go, I'm not sure this is any indication of it. I'd sooner believe they got rid of the cast photos to stop promoting Sabrina Carpenter since she won't be in it even if it does reopen. Why would they paint the doors bright pink if they're confirmed to be moving out?

ghostlight2
#268Which shows will Covid-19 end?
Posted: 7/12/20 at 12:06am

"Aside from Phantom, Lion King, Chicago, Wicked, Book of Mormon and Hamilton, I can't think of any other show that can stay open until 2021"

Come From Away is a very likely candidate. Small cast, low overhead. A  feel good story. It was selling out three years into its run when Broadway got shut down.

DiscoCrows Profile Photo
DiscoCrows
#269Which shows will Covid-19 end?
Posted: 7/12/20 at 12:24am

Elegance101 said: "disneybroadwayfan22 said: "Looks like Mean Girls could be next

"

While I do believe Mean Girls is likely to go, I'm not sure this is any indication of it. I'd sooner believe they got rid of the cast photos to stop promoting Sabrina Carpenter since she won't be in it even if it does reopen. Why would they paint the doors bright pink if they're confirmed to be moving out?
"

Yeah same thoughts. If they theoretically return I'm sure they have no idea who will be playing who and will be doing lots of promotional/art reshoots, and (maybe I'm wrong) but common sense makes me wonder, if the show (internally) decided to post a closing notice that simply hasn't gone public yet, wby tearing down advertising material would be the top priority for the show's to worry about taking care of.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#270Which shows will Covid-19 end?
Posted: 7/12/20 at 1:42am

I'm sure most of the shows that survive this shutdown would have to recast. I wonder if some other shows will follow suit by removing their cast photos on theatre doors and displays out of uncertainty. 

Also, don't closing notices typically go public shortly after the cast and crew are notified? Why would Mean Girls- a show with brand recognition, star names attached, and mass adoration, especially from its target audiences- conceal a potential 3/11/20 final performance date and keep the August Wilson doors pink? 

Oh look, a bibu!

Sampatches
#271Which shows will Covid-19 end?
Posted: 7/12/20 at 3:51am

disneybroadwayfan22 said: "Looks like Mean Girls could be next

"

The doors  got vandalized about a month or so ago and some of the posters were torn off, maybe they just took them all down and repainted so the theatre doesn’t look decrepit?

https://twitter.com/StageDoorGuru/status/1277330212422811648

Updated On: 7/12/20 at 03:51 AM

Hairspray0901
#272Which shows will Covid-19 end?
Posted: 7/12/20 at 5:49pm

Sampatches said: "disneybroadwayfan22 said: "Looks like Mean Girls could be next

"

The doors got vandalized about a month or so ago and some of the posters were torn off, maybe they just took them all down and repainted so the theatre doesn’t look decrepit?

https://twitter.com/StageDoorGuru/status/1277330212422811648
"

This is exactly what I came here to post! I don't think their paint job indicates they aren't coming back, moreso, that the theatre looked vandalized and it needed to be fixed.

Updated On: 7/12/20 at 05:49 PM

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#273Which shows will Covid-19 end?
Posted: 7/12/20 at 5:58pm

Yeah, it looked awful like that so they just gave it a temporary face lift. And since they have no idea who their cast will be if they ever open again, it makes perfect sense to keep it blank. 

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#274Which shows will Covid-19 end?
Posted: 7/12/20 at 7:13pm

I started a thread the other day called "Interview with Charlotte St Martin 7/8/2020 and recent updates". She addresses this.

Just give the world Love.
Updated On: 7/12/20 at 07:13 PM

Videos