pixeltracker

Glenn Close gives a 'Sunset Boulevard' movie update- Page 6

Glenn Close gives a 'Sunset Boulevard' movie update

Theatre Fan3
#125Glenn Close gives a 'Sunset Boulevard' movie update
Posted: 9/14/21 at 6:35pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "You phunny. That profile is 25 years old AND Paige is now 74 years old! You guys think everyone is ageless and assume she’s as agile and vocally youthful as she was in 1996 when she was 48. Heck, let’s throw Betty White in there also as she’s still breathing. Heck, she looked great on THE GOLDEN GIRLS and sko what that it was almost 40 years ago. She still has to be just a fit and agile today. Both Streisand and Minnelli have lost their trademark voices yet people assume their voices are intact and are still as great as they were 50-60 years ago."

Nowhere in my post did I say that I thought Elaine Paige should be in a film version of the show.  I merely stated that, in my opinion (and other's judging by comments made in the documentary including ALW) that her performance in the role was the pure perfection.  Yes, I know that she is now 74 years old ... so is Glenn Close ... so what is your point?

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
NOWaWarning
#126Glenn Close gives a 'Sunset Boulevard' movie update
Posted: 9/15/21 at 2:19am

Wait, Betty White as Norma Desmond would be everything

TheGingerBreadMan Profile Photo
TheGingerBreadMan
#127Glenn Close gives a 'Sunset Boulevard' movie update
Posted: 10/6/21 at 11:59am

ALW has said that production is currently on hold, as Paramount is not interested in going forward with the project at this time.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Andrew-Lloyd-Webber-Reveals-Production-on-SUNSET-BOULEVARD-Film-Has-Been-Stalled-20211006

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#128Glenn Close gives a 'Sunset Boulevard' movie update
Posted: 10/6/21 at 12:41pm

To quote Futurama: I’m shocked. Shocked! Well not that shocked.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#129Glenn Close gives a 'Sunset Boulevard' movie update
Posted: 10/6/21 at 12:59pm

People thought this was actually gonna happen?

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#130Glenn Close gives a 'Sunset Boulevard' movie update
Posted: 10/6/21 at 1:03pm

Can it be on hold when it was barely in production to begin with?

Theatre Fan3
#131Glenn Close gives a 'Sunset Boulevard' movie update
Posted: 10/6/21 at 1:10pm

With each delay Glenn Close's chances of starring in it get slimmer and slimmer.  Especially after the "he's too old for the part"  that Ben Platt has been blasted with recently.

Jordan Catalano
#132Glenn Close gives a 'Sunset Boulevard' movie update
Posted: 10/6/21 at 1:11pm

It’ll be Beanie Feldstein by the time this actually gets made.

Impeach2017 Profile Photo
Impeach2017
#133Glenn Close gives a 'Sunset Boulevard' movie update
Posted: 10/6/21 at 1:15pm

Jordan Catalano said: "It’ll be Beanie Feldstein by the time this actually gets made."

llllllllooooooooollllllllll

rattleNwoolypenguin
#134Glenn Close gives a 'Sunset Boulevard' movie update
Posted: 10/6/21 at 1:17pm

Yawwwnn 

We have the Billy Wilder movie and good god that is all we ever need.

This musical is NOT that good. 

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#135Glenn Close gives a 'Sunset Boulevard' movie update
Posted: 10/6/21 at 1:22pm

The closest this has gone into production has been in Glenn Close’s head. I’m sure she’s rehearsing the film in her kitchen as I write this.

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#136Glenn Close gives a 'Sunset Boulevard' movie update
Posted: 10/7/21 at 1:21pm

Glenn should never have broken that mirror during the last scene of "Dangerous Liaisons."

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”
Updated On: 10/7/21 at 01:21 PM

Nolan LuPone
#137Glenn Close gives a 'Sunset Boulevard' movie update
Posted: 10/7/21 at 2:21pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "The closest this has gone into production has been in Glenn Close’s head. I’m sure she’s rehearsing the film in her kitchen as I write this."

LMAO

David10086 Profile Photo
David10086
#138Glenn Close gives a 'Sunset Boulevard' movie update
Posted: 10/7/21 at 10:24pm

I guess by the time this gets rolling, we will have Jennifer Hudson in the role as 'Norma', and Eddie Murphy as 'Max'.  Maybe Ben Platt for 'Joe' ? 

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#139Glenn Close gives a 'Sunset Boulevard' movie update
Posted: 10/8/21 at 8:11am

Kad said: "To quote Futurama: I’m shocked. Shocked! Well not that shocked."

Who quoted Capt Louis Renault (Claude Rains) from Casablanca (1942)

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#140Glenn Close gives a 'Sunset Boulevard' movie update
Posted: 5/3/22 at 4:17pm

Glenn Close, when asked about Sunset Boulevard at last night's Met Gala: "We're getting closer, believe it or not."

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1521277022932291599

Updated On: 5/3/22 at 04:17 PM

Jordan Catalano
#141Glenn Close gives a 'Sunset Boulevard' movie update
Posted: 5/3/22 at 4:22pm

I choose “not”.

east side story Profile Photo
east side story
#142Glenn Close gives a 'Sunset Boulevard' movie update
Posted: 5/3/22 at 4:30pm

Jordan Catalano said: "I choose “not”."

Glenn needs to move on, but this Sunset hill seems to be the one she’s willing to die on.

ATerrifyingAndImposingFigure
#143Glenn Close gives a 'Sunset Boulevard' movie update
Posted: 5/3/22 at 4:53pm

Close would come off a lot better if she just admitted as much as she wants to make this film, it's not happening. This just makes her look delusional.

KFC1991
#144Glenn Close gives a 'Sunset Boulevard' movie update
Posted: 5/3/22 at 4:58pm

Glenn looks smashing there, I will say. I wish she'd let this go. I'm happy with her performance of the two big songs from the ALW concert in the late '90s.  She's in great voice and is thrilling to watch. 

pmensky
#145Glenn Close gives a 'Sunset Boulevard' movie update
Posted: 5/3/22 at 5:12pm

I love Glenn Close and I love Sunset Boulevard, but I don’t like the two as a pair. I would love to see this movie made, but as each year passes, I get a little happier that there’s less of a chance for Close’s involvement. I would happily wait 10-15 years to see Lady Gaga do it. I’m not one of her super fans, but the more I see her work on film the more I think she would act and sing the heck out of the role.

Theatre Fan3
#146Glenn Close gives a 'Sunset Boulevard' movie update
Posted: 5/3/22 at 5:14pm

ATerrifyingAndImposingFigure said: "Close would come off a lot better if she just admitted as much as she wants to make this film, it's not happening. This just makes her look delusional."

Well then she's right in character with Norma.

chernjam Profile Photo
chernjam
#147Glenn Close gives a 'Sunset Boulevard' movie update
Posted: 5/3/22 at 5:15pm

Glenn has found ways of shocking me with SB over the years.  When she did the ENO I was surprised that was happening.  Even more shocked when it came here to NY and saw her 4 times in what surpassed her original performance.  I know it seems like beyond a vanity project at this point, but I do trust her as an actress that I doubt she'd allow it to be a piece of crap or diminish the memories people have of her and the work

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#148Glenn Close gives a 'Sunset Boulevard' movie update
Posted: 5/3/22 at 5:24pm

Glenn is 75 years old.  Norma Desmond is 50 years old.  She’s now technically old enough to play Norma’s mother.  cheeky

ATerrifyingAndImposingFigure
#149Glenn Close gives a 'Sunset Boulevard' movie update
Posted: 5/3/22 at 5:28pm

Yeah it’s one thing to keep playing the role onstage, but that disparity in age between actor and character is gonna be extremely distracting on camera with all those closeups. But it doesn’t matter, the movie’s not being made at this time, and if it does happen, it’s not gonna be with Close.

Videos