pixeltracker

COMPANY, One Year After Shutdown- Page 2

COMPANY, One Year After Shutdown

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#25COMPANY, One Year After Shutdown
Posted: 3/20/21 at 10:03pm

I’m guessing Patti has changed her mind on the Zoom calls, since she was on one of the weekly cast Zoom meetings last week.

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

Bill Snibson Profile Photo
Bill Snibson
Posted: 3/21/21 at 1:12am

Updated On: 3/21/21 at 01:12 AM

binau Profile Photo
binau
#27COMPANY, One Year After Shutdown
Posted: 3/21/21 at 6:09am

g.d.e.l.g.i. said: "Huh... kinda surprised you didn't go with Bernadette."

If Bernadette was opening cold I think she could have pulled it off. However, no way would I want her personally or professionally to have this hypothetical vocal performance facing direct comparison with LuPone at this point in her career, especially after her success in "Dolly". 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000
Updated On: 3/21/21 at 06:09 AM

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#28COMPANY, One Year After Shutdown
Posted: 3/21/21 at 6:22am

fosterfan2 said: "qolbinau said: "Donna Murphy!!!"

I like her,but I think Christine Baranski would be good. She's really funny.
"

I was JUST thinking how great Baranski would be!

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

Mr. Wormwood Profile Photo
Mr. Wormwood
#29COMPANY, One Year After Shutdown
Posted: 3/21/21 at 4:07pm

I don't believe for a second that Patti won't come back barring some health reason. She has a flair for the dramatic so it's not surprising to me she's being a little overdramatic in her statements. She'll be back.

SFFrontRow
#30COMPANY, One Year After Shutdown
Posted: 3/21/21 at 6:12pm

Patti LuPone, Christine Baranski, Christine Ebersole, Donna Murphy, Bebe Neuwirth, Carolee Carmello, Michelle Pawk, Linda Hart... each one of these could bring a lot of class, snark, and attitude to this role and all would be awesome. I am sure there are many others.

I do love Bernadette Peters, but her vibe is a little less angry snark than the others. Although her Witch in Into the Woods was deliciously evil and two-faced (mean at one point and motherly nurturing at another). This could be a great casting against type.

And for kicks and giggles... how about Anna Kendrick... too young but she has played it before (sort of) in the movie Camp...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8y9pNqjtb0

Updated On: 3/21/21 at 06:12 PM

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#31COMPANY, One Year After Shutdown
Posted: 3/22/21 at 9:57am

Seems like Hahn is just about perfect (or maybe will be in a couple of years.)

Hahn is 48!   cheeky

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#32COMPANY, One Year After Shutdown
Posted: 3/22/21 at 10:59am

BrodyFosse123 said: "Seems like Hahn is just about perfect (or maybe will be in a couple of years.)

Hahn is 48! cheeky

Excellent point. Lest we forget that Elaine Stritch was 45 when she originated the role on Broadway. So Hahn could absolutely play the role.

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#33COMPANY, One Year After Shutdown
Posted: 3/22/21 at 12:25pm

In terms of a more traditional Joanne... does Jessica Walter sing?

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#34COMPANY, One Year After Shutdown
Posted: 3/22/21 at 12:49pm

darquegk said: "In terms of a more traditional Joanne... does Jessica Walter sing?"

Jessica is now 80.  But yes... she can sing.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#35COMPANY, One Year After Shutdown
Posted: 3/22/21 at 1:36pm

Omg, I love the new “coming back” promo.

https://twitter.com/companybway/status/1374052636811476998?s=21

Updated On: 3/22/21 at 01:36 PM

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#36COMPANY, One Year After Shutdown
Posted: 3/22/21 at 3:13pm

Loved the ad. It’s the perfect show to attract locals who will be coming back sooner rather than later. 

I’m tiring of LuPone’s hyperbolic whining. To add to that list— Joanna Gleason would be an interesting and appropriate choice, too. Stritch was 45 when she played Joanne. Keep that in mind. 

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#37COMPANY, One Year After Shutdown
Posted: 3/22/21 at 3:18pm

Yeah, the ad is great, it's really exciting and should be excellent for ticket sales.

On sale soon! Yeah! 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#38COMPANY, One Year After Shutdown
Posted: 3/22/21 at 3:30pm

That new ad mentions LuPone. Maybe Patti just needs some attention now and has to drum up some gossip.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#39COMPANY, One Year After Shutdown
Posted: 3/22/21 at 4:19pm

Yeah, Patti is totally known for being dramatic and talking out of both sides of her mouth. Remember when she was retiring from musicals after War Paint? She’ll be back in Company, and will likely win her third Tony. She is that good in the act two club scene.

Bill Snibson Profile Photo
Bill Snibson
#40COMPANY, One Year After Shutdown
Posted: 3/22/21 at 5:26pm

I love Katrina in the show but if she ended up not being available might I suggest Heather Headley as Bobbi? Thoughts?

fosterfan2
#41COMPANY, One Year After Shutdown
Posted: 3/22/21 at 5:32pm

ljay889 said: "Omg, Ilove the new “coming back” promo.

"

Yessss!!!! Best news I've heard all day! Don't know if I'll have a chance to see the show since I live in Ga,but I entered a contest a few months ago to win tickets. I can only hope. I'm sure Katrina Lenk will be fine.

As you posted,she's had time to work on any vocal issues she may have had or maybe she's working with a vocal coach or will be. Everyone who sings on Broadway has one. I read an article once about Kristin Chenoweth in which she said that she still takes voice lessons.

Updated On: 3/22/21 at 05:32 PM

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#42COMPANY, One Year After Shutdown
Posted: 3/22/21 at 6:00pm

fosterfan2 said: "ljay889 said: "Omg, Ilove the new “coming back” promo.

"

Yessss!!!! Best news I've heard all day! Don't if I'll have a chance to see the show since I live in Ga,but I entered a contest a few months ago to win tickets. I can only hope. I'm sure Katrina Lenk will be fine.

As you posted,she's had time to work on any vocal issues she may have had or maybe she's working with a vocal coach or will be. Everyone who sings on Broadway has one. I read an article once about Kristin Chenoweth in which she said that she still takes voice lessons.
"

About this new promo/what Bobbie did to unveil the logo... why in the world was I somehow reminded of the Macavity electric shock removing the power from the Cats junkyard? Maybe because it's also ALW's birthday as well as Sondheim's?

Anyway, glad to see Company is eager to return as well, and LuPone along with it! I haven't heard such rousing applause for a line of dialogue in a musical ("I'd like to propose a toast."COMPANY, One Year After Shutdown since the Tony nomination line at Tootsie, during the height of award season. Not to mention, the show has a whole lot of legitimate showstoppers as well. 

I sure hope Lenk shows signs of improvement from the few previews Company played last March- I had heard she was iffy. I know Sondheim prefers "actors who can sing" over "singers who can act", so Lenk has to truly mean what she says- a little vocal tailoring/transposition, if possible, wouldn't hurt as well. She doesn't have to be Raúl Esparza, but just decent is good enough and will make Company even more of a delight than it was pre-shutdown.

Oh look, a bibu!

bwayphreak234
#43COMPANY, One Year After Shutdown
Posted: 3/22/21 at 6:24pm

Jordan Levinson said: "I sure hope Lenk shows signs of improvement from the few previewsCompanyplayed last March- I had heard she was iffy. I know Sondheim prefers "actors who can sing" over "singers who can act", so Lenk has to truly mean what she says- a little vocal tailoring/transposition, if possible,wouldn't hurt as well. She doesn't have to be Raúl Esparza, but just decent is good enough and will makeCompanyeven more of a delight than it was pre-shutdown."

I saw the second preview of Company, and I can tell you for a fact that Lenk truly meaning what she says/sings is not a problem in the slightest. Yes, her vocals were a little shaky at times, but I was honestly so won over by her acting that I didn't even care.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#44COMPANY, One Year After Shutdown
Posted: 3/22/21 at 9:48pm

bwayphreak234 said: "Jordan Levinson said: "Isure hope Lenk shows signs of improvement from the few previewsCompanyplayed last March- I had heard she was iffy. I know Sondheim prefers "actors who can sing" over "singers who can act", so Lenk has to truly mean what she says- a little vocal tailoring/transposition, if possible,wouldn't hurt as well. She doesn't have to be Raúl Esparza, but just decent is good enough and will makeCompanyeven more of a delight than it was pre-shutdown."

I saw the second preview of Company, and I can tell you for a fact that Lenk truly meaning what she says/sings is not a problem in the slightest. Yes, her vocals were a little shaky at times, but I was honestly so won over by her acting that I didn't even care.

"

I truly agree with you. Maybe it helped sitting close to the stage, but her acting was very passionate. You’re right, some vocals were shaky at times, but she’s certainly had enough time to work on it. She’s never gonna sound like a pop belter, or even like Rosalie Craig. Elliot and Sondheim clearly knew what they were getting with her, and I’m guessing it’s what they wanted. I can’t wait to see how she’s evolved.

fosterfan2
#45COMPANY, One Year After Shutdown
Posted: 3/22/21 at 9:58pm

A few months ago,someone posted some bootleg footage from of the previews. I wasn't searching for it;just came across it. I liked Katrina's "Marry Me a Little" and "Someone is Waiting". She doesn't have the typical Broadway belt,but there's something I like about her voice that I can't put my finger on or specify. And,as you rightly stated,she is an excellent actress.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#46COMPANY, One Year After Shutdown
Posted: 3/23/21 at 10:56am

Designer Bunny Christie confirmed on Instagram this morning that she’s back in the studio with her associates working on the set/design again and making it “even better!”

How exciting!

Updated On: 3/23/21 at 10:56 AM

bwayphreak234
#47COMPANY, One Year After Shutdown
Posted: 3/23/21 at 11:13am

ljay889 said: "Designer Bunny Christie confirmed on Instagram this morning that she’s back in the studio with her associates working on the set/designagain and making it “even better!”

How exciting!
"

SO EXCITING! I LOVED the set design so much, and I can't wait to see what changes are in store.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#48COMPANY, One Year After Shutdown
Posted: 3/23/21 at 9:03pm

My agent friend said Patti will be back!COMPANY, One Year After Shutdown

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#49COMPANY, One Year After Shutdown
Posted: 3/23/21 at 10:46pm

She's not at the right age but I'd love to see Kelly Bishop as Joanne.