pixeltracker

Broadway to reopen Sept 14- Page 3

Broadway to reopen Sept 14

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#50Broadway to reopen Sept 14
Posted: 5/5/21 at 4:40pm

Jordan Catalano said: "“Harry Potter” just said they’re not coming back until next year so I suppose they are condensing it into one play."

Just saw that… says they’re “currently exploring options to alter the play's "length and structure" before announcing plans to resume performances.” How will that affect other productions, esp the Aus one that’s already reopened?  Broadway to reopen Sept 14 

RW3
#51Broadway to reopen Sept 14
Posted: 5/5/21 at 4:42pm

jpbran said: "Jordan Catalano said: "“Harry Potter” just said they’re not coming back until next year so I suppose they are condensing it into one play."

Just saw that… says they’re “currently exploring options to alter the play's "length and structure" before announcing plans to resume performances.” How will that affect other productions, esp the Aus one that’s already reopened?Broadway to reopen Sept 14
"

I would assume that it would apply to the Toronto and Tokyo productions that haven't opened yet and the San Francisco and German productions that had opened right before the pandemic. It may be the same for the London company as well.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#52Broadway to reopen Sept 14
Posted: 5/5/21 at 4:46pm

Well tix for the show in London are still on sale at this minute for both parts.

bear88
#53Broadway to reopen Sept 14
Posted: 5/5/21 at 5:09pm

I wish there wasn't so much hedging about proof of vaccination or testing.

While I understand there are logistics that need to be worked out, I don't see myself sitting in a packed theater anytime soon without that and will want to see what is actually planned. Perhaps there will be enough pent-up demand to see shows that it won't matter.

Zion24
#54Broadway to reopen Sept 14
Posted: 5/5/21 at 5:14pm

SouthernCakes said: "“We have some information” isn’t really comforting. I mean her friend has legit had terrible issues since getting it so I can see why that would pause some younger females from getting it. The research doesn’t seem to be there yet. But I get what you’re saying. I just don’t think people having a rationalize fear against getting it is that crazy."

Does your sister take Tylenol? Get the flu vaccine? There are always minimal chances for problems from pretty much anything but relying on individual anecdotes like "my friend had issues" is antithetical to science-- and really troubling to see that thinking repeated here. 

Of course, by all means, don't get vaccinated if you don't want to or are scared to but trying to rationalize it as anything other than some form of paranoia is off base. (And of course, if yosomeone won't get vaccinated, stay home, stay out of our stores, theaters, airports, etc.)

Zion24
#55Broadway to reopen Sept 14
Posted: 5/5/21 at 5:15pm

double post.

but will use to say that if vaccinated people STILL wont sit in a theater full of other vaccinated people, you're contributing to a horrible situation where society can't move forward. I am all for required proof of vax in order to be admitted to theaters/stores/planes, but if everyone is documented to be vaxxed, and you are of course vaxxed, then we're just being silly aren't we?

Updated On: 5/5/21 at 05:15 PM

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#56Broadway to reopen Sept 14
Posted: 5/5/21 at 5:16pm

Great post, Zion. Thank you. 

Mr. Wormwood Profile Photo
Mr. Wormwood
#57Broadway to reopen Sept 14
Posted: 5/5/21 at 5:28pm

JDonaghy4 said: "double post.

but will use to say that if vaccinated people STILL wont sit in a theater full of other vaccinated people, you're contributing to a horrible situation where society can't move forward. I am all for required proof of vax in order to be admitted to theaters/stores/planes, but if everyone is documented to be vaxxed, and you are of course vaxxed, then we're just being silly aren't we?
"

Agreed.

There's a developing thing called "Covid re-entry anxiety syndrome" or something like that where people are resorting to their coping strategies developed during the pandemic that are actually irrational in what are now or will be safe situations. Then they still have that "everybody stay home" or "you wouldn't catch me in a crowded theater" holier than thou mentality that isn't reality as more and more get vaccinated. 

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#58Broadway to reopen Sept 14
Posted: 5/5/21 at 5:34pm

^^^This. You just hit the nail on the head regarding my dilemma right now.

Heading back to B'way is different from something like, say, Yankee Stadium, where there are still socially distant crowds for the time being (and it is outdoors). I've been just fine with the latter - my family and I have had an entire row all to ourselves at a few games so far - but I'm sure I'll be more reluctant to attend once capacity noticeably increases.

Oh look, a bibu!

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#59Broadway to reopen Sept 14
Posted: 5/5/21 at 5:35pm

Fully vaccinated. Not going back was a decision made prior to the pandemic . With today's climate of putting one group over the other any chance of us going are now definitely done.

If you are fully vaccinated go and enjoy . You cannot stay in a bubble forever without going stir crazy .

Poster Emeritus

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#60Broadway to reopen Sept 14
Posted: 5/5/21 at 5:35pm

Fully vaccinated. Not going back was a decision made prior to the pandemic . With today's climate of putting one group over the other any chance of us going are now definitely done.

If you are fully vaccinated go and enjoy . You cannot stay in a bubble forever without going stir crazy .

Poster Emeritus

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#61Broadway to reopen Sept 14
Posted: 5/5/21 at 5:41pm

I plan to go back and watch bway shows if the number of covid cases are low in NYC. If they go back up during flu season in Dec-Feb I’ll be taking a break until April 2022

Jordan Catalano
#62Broadway to reopen Sept 14
Posted: 5/5/21 at 5:42pm

Roxy, nobody wants you at a theater anyways so stay home and watch Matlock and be racist.

SouthernCakes
#63Broadway to reopen Sept 14
Posted: 5/5/21 at 5:52pm

To be fair I never get the flu shot because I’m just not the type of person who gets sick. I workout, eat decent, take my vitamins. I tend to go for a more “holistic” approach. But, I did get vaccinated because I was fearful it would be come a us vs them situation. And it looks like that’s what’s happening.

rkade21
#64Broadway to reopen Sept 14
Posted: 5/5/21 at 5:56pm

I’ll be fighting with the masses for “opening night” Six tickets but need to think hard about what show I most want to see night one - I definitely plan to be in a theater that night though.

Hamilton/Wicked/Lion King planning a joint announcement of their opening plans - happy with “ASAP” (can still open earlier with capacity limits?) but selfishly hoping the rumored Hamilton July 4 opening won’t happen because I’ll be out of town.

WestEndGal
#65Broadway to reopen Sept 14
Posted: 5/5/21 at 6:09pm

Apparently the WSJ says that the Weisslers are planning to reopen Chicago and also a limited run of Waitress with Sara Bareilles as Jenna - interesting about Waitress considering it only just closed. Would it be classed as a revival lol? Also what theater would it go in?! Sara will sell tickets so I guess financially they think it must be worth their while, if only for a limited run. I have mixed feelings though because I saw the very last show last year and it was a perfect evening.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#66Broadway to reopen Sept 14
Posted: 5/5/21 at 6:13pm

Official: The Phantom of the Opera is resuming performances at the Majestic Theatre on October 22 (per their Instagram page). 

Tickets go on sale this Friday at 9 AM. 

Oh look, a bibu!

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#67Broadway to reopen Sept 14
Posted: 5/5/21 at 6:34pm

I do find it interesting that many performers on Instagram are guffawing at these announcements and saying “no, it’s not reopening until they can show us a safe plan.” There seems to be a lot of disconnect between the political players and the people doing the actual work. Has AEA actually nailed down a plan that its members have ok’d? I’m not being argumentative. I’m actually curious.

Also, I’m glad someone brought up the collective trauma people have experienced. We do not know its impact on attendance at various things and the economy. It’s easy to lump people who have trepidations of going somewhere into an “anti-vaxxer” basket of deplorables who can f *#k off but that really lacks compassion and is overly simplistic.

People are emerging from a traumatic experience that made them lose their sense of agency and control. Most people never experienced anything this lasting or drastic that threatened their livelihood on multiple levels. For many the life that they knew crumbled. Not everyone opts for exposure therapy to overcome a trauma. It’s not just a “holier than thou” attitude for everyone. Try to have some empathy

Also those chomping at the bit to return whatever the cost and offering to buy premium tickets to shows seem to have not been financially affected. I am glad for your good fortune but consider offering some empathy for others by not lumping everyone into some basket of awful people who are anti-science or backwoods.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

JSquared2
#68Broadway to reopen Sept 14
Posted: 5/5/21 at 6:38pm

Theater3232 said: "Tourists from San Francisco and Seattle would likely appreciate a vaccine mandate, but not tourists from Florida or Alabama. Theaters will need to decide if they'll be able to make enough money by opening under such circumstances."

Yes whatever will Broadway do without all those Alabama dolllars!

hearthemsing22
#69Broadway to reopen Sept 14
Posted: 5/5/21 at 6:41pm

Jordan Catalano said: "I’m very excited to see which shows will start on that date. I already got an email from “Six” about a presale tomorrow.
I do have a feeling though that those first shows (for all shows)are going to sell out fast.
"

I am extremely anxious about this. I know one show that I have been checking religiously to see if their tickets have gone on sale yet, and I will be up early tomorrow morning to check again to see if they do. Otherwise I'll try to support off-Broadway theater. 

Jordan Catalano
#70Broadway to reopen Sept 14
Posted: 5/5/21 at 6:46pm

Just taking a step back right now to recognize we’re actually discussing dates that shows will return and people will be back to work. This is a huge deal and a very good day.

hearthemsing22
#71Broadway to reopen Sept 14
Posted: 5/5/21 at 6:53pm

Jordan Catalano said: "Just taking a step back right now to recognize we’re actually discussing dates that shows will return and people will be back to work. This is a huge deal and a very good day."

AGREED!!! smiley I wondered when we would ever start to get excited about this. 

unclevictor Profile Photo
unclevictor
#72Broadway to reopen Sept 14
Posted: 5/5/21 at 7:01pm

Very excited but I share many actors concerns - returning to work won’t happen until the league can prove to us that it’s safe to go back into theatres. I anxiously await a statement from them.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#73Broadway to reopen Sept 14
Posted: 5/5/21 at 7:42pm

unclevictor said: "Very excited but I share many actors concerns - returning to work won’t happen until the league can prove to us that it’s safe to go back into theatres. I anxiously await a statement from them."

Don't hold your breath. It's not up to the League. The League is a party to an agreement. They cannot make a statement of safety when the other party, AEA, is holding the cards. They will negotiate and they will work it out. Then they will make a joint statement. 

unclevictor Profile Photo
unclevictor
#74Broadway to reopen Sept 14
Posted: 5/5/21 at 7:48pm

HogansHero said: "unclevictor said: "Very excited but I share many actors concerns - returning to work won’t happen until the league can prove to us that it’s safe to go back into theatres. I anxiously await a statement from them."

Don't hold your breath. It's not up to the League. The League is a party to an agreement. They cannot make a statement of safety when the other party, AEA, is holding the cards. They will negotiate and they will work it out. Then they will make a joint statement.
"

Yes they will make a joint statement. I just hope Charlotte and company listens. I hope everyone listens. 

Videos