MRS. DOUBTFIRE Will Resume Performances 10/21

MRS. DOUBTFIRE Will Resume Performances 10/21

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#2MRS. DOUBTFIRE Will Resume Performances 10/21
Posted: 5/10/21 at 8:13am

I, too, love seeing these announcements start to role in! I was supposed to see this the weekend after they shut everything down (I had a new musical double feature weekend planned with Mrs. Doubtfire on Saturday and Flying Over Sunset on Sunday). I know it only played a few previews before being shutdown, but I remember the buzz on the preview thread being pretty good?

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#3MRS. DOUBTFIRE Will Resume Performances 10/21
Posted: 5/10/21 at 8:16am

I loved it.

kade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
#4MRS. DOUBTFIRE Will Resume Performances 10/21
Posted: 5/10/21 at 8:38am

Excellent news. Will be in town the first full week of “new” previews and will probably try to grab a ticket today. How are rear orchestra sight lines at the Sondheim? Never been there...

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#5MRS. DOUBTFIRE Will Resume Performances 10/21
Posted: 5/10/21 at 9:13am

kade.ivy said: "Excellent news. Will be in town the first full week of “new” previews and will probably try to grab a ticket today. How are rear orchestra sight lines at the Sondheim? Never been there..."

I sat back of the orchestra house left when I saw beautiful, and it was great. No obstructions whatsoever.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

kade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
#6MRS. DOUBTFIRE Will Resume Performances 10/21
Posted: 5/10/21 at 9:35am

bwayphreak234 said: "kade.ivy said: "Excellent news. Will be in town the first full week of “new” previews and will probably try to grab a ticket today. How are rear orchestra sight lines at the Sondheim? Never been there..."

I sat back of the orchestra house left when I saw beautiful, and it was great. No obstructions whatsoever.
"

Thanks so much! That’s where I usually like to sit (usually great value to me!) but wanted to avoid obstructions. Cheers! 

BwayLB
#7MRS. DOUBTFIRE Will Resume Performances 10/21
Posted: 5/10/21 at 9:46am

I’ve been wanting this more than any other new musical.

MattieIce2018
#8MRS. DOUBTFIRE Will Resume Performances 10/21
Posted: 5/10/21 at 9:52am

For anyone wanting to look back, this was the original thread when the show was in previews last Spring - https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?page=1&boardid=1&boardname=bway&thread=1121721#

Zion24
#9MRS. DOUBTFIRE Will Resume Performances 10/21
Posted: 5/10/21 at 9:57am

other than Pass Over, is this the first confirmation of a new work in 2021-2022? Because as happy as I am to see Chicago and Phantom come back, producers investing in the risk of new shows is a really good sign.

BCfitasafiddle
#10MRS. DOUBTFIRE Will Resume Performances 10/21
Posted: 5/10/21 at 10:00am

JDonaghy4 said: "other than Pass Over, is this the first confirmation of a new work in 2021-2022? Because as happy as I am to see Chicago and Phantom come back, producers investing in the risk of new shows is a really good sign."

Diana was confirmed, but is starting in December. So this should be the first back, unless any try to come in September. I expect they'll want to use extra time.

MattieIce2018
#11MRS. DOUBTFIRE Will Resume Performances 10/21
Posted: 5/10/21 at 10:07am

Doubtfire just rebranded their twitter page as "Doubtfire: The New Musical Comedy" and changed their color scheme from pink to blue. I think I prefer the updated branding. https://twitter.com/DoubtfireBway

Updated On: 5/10/21 at 10:07 AM

BroadwayGuy12 Profile Photo
BroadwayGuy12
#12MRS. DOUBTFIRE Will Resume Performances 10/21
Posted: 5/10/21 at 10:09am

BCfitasafiddle said: "JDonaghy4 said: "other than Pass Over, is this the first confirmation of a new work in 2021-2022? Because as happy as I am to see Chicago and Phantom come back, producers investing in the risk of new shows is a really good sign."

Diana was confirmed, but is starting in December. So this should be the first back, unless any try to come in September. I expect they'll want to use extra time.
"

Six is actually currently scheduled to be the first "new" show to open, beginning previews 9/17 and opening 10/3.

Other new works slated for fall openings include Thoughts of a Colored Man, Clyde's, Lackawanna Blues, and Flying Over Sunset (although dates for any of these have yet to be set).

BCfitasafiddle
#13MRS. DOUBTFIRE Will Resume Performances 10/21
Posted: 5/10/21 at 10:11am

BroadwayGuy12 said: "BCfitasafiddle said: "JDonaghy4 said: "other than Pass Over, is this the first confirmation of a new work in 2021-2022? Because as happy as I am to see Chicago and Phantom come back, producers investing in the risk of new shows is a really good sign."

"

Sixis actually currently scheduled to be the first "new" show to open, beginning previews 9/17 and opening 10/3.

Other new works slated for fall openings includeThoughts of a Colored Man, Clyde's, Lackawanna Blues,andFlying Over Sunset(although dates for any of these have yet to be set).
"

Yes, you're right! Excuse me! Haha, I always forget Six never opened since the shutdown was the DAY OF their opening. Thank you for the reminder!

kade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
#14MRS. DOUBTFIRE Will Resume Performances 10/21
Posted: 5/10/21 at 10:30am

Anyone else having Telecharge issues with this one? I get a blank space when I try to go to the seating chart selector. 

MattieIce2018
#15MRS. DOUBTFIRE Will Resume Performances 10/21
Posted: 5/10/21 at 10:39am

kade.ivy said: "Anyone else having Telecharge issues with this one? I get a blank space when I try to go to the seating chart selector."

Same issue here - I had to use the mobile site and keep refreshing until it gave me a decent seat.

kade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
#16MRS. DOUBTFIRE Will Resume Performances 10/21
Posted: 5/10/21 at 10:42am

^Ah, good idea! 

jpiedrafite
#17MRS. DOUBTFIRE Will Resume Performances 10/21
Posted: 5/10/21 at 10:42am

I tried the mobile site too, and I got all the way to the end and it kept giving me an error message. Has anyone tried calling?

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#18MRS. DOUBTFIRE Will Resume Performances 10/21
Posted: 5/10/21 at 11:17am

I was up to attempt to get tickets for Six first preview (I failed to) and saw this announcement via a group message and jumped immediately to Telecharge to buy a ticket. The actual website didn’t work, but I was able to get a ticket via the mobile site.

I’m so excited to be able to be there for the first show back as I was at the last show before shutdown.

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

kade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
#19MRS. DOUBTFIRE Will Resume Performances 10/21
Posted: 5/10/21 at 11:34am

jpiedrafite said: "I tried the mobile site too, and I got all the way to the end and it kept giving me an error message. Has anyone tried calling?"

I was able to book through the mobile site (comparing with a seating chart in another tab to confirm the seat was decent). Now it appears that the interactive seating chart is live. Hope this helps!

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#20MRS. DOUBTFIRE Will Resume Performances 10/21
Posted: 5/10/21 at 12:00pm

Great $49 deal on mezzanine rows E-G, seats 14-20.

IAMREADING
#21MRS. DOUBTFIRE Will Resume Performances 10/21
Posted: 5/10/21 at 12:59pm

they seem to have dropped MRS. from the title or at least the branding, although not reflected everywhere.. the twitter bio links to http://doubtfirebroadway.com which redirects to https://mrsdoubtfirebroadway.com

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#22MRS. DOUBTFIRE Will Resume Performances 10/21
Posted: 5/10/21 at 1:06pm

WOW- what a rebranding!

Does this mean significant changes may be in order throughout the preview period...?

Oh look, a bibu!

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#23MRS. DOUBTFIRE Will Resume Performances 10/21
Posted: 5/10/21 at 3:44pm

Jordan Levinson said: "WOW- what a rebranding!
Does this mean significant changes may be in order throughout the preview period...?
"

What? Why? To differentiate from the movie? To make a trans rights-conscious culture forget they are buying tickets a show that hinges on the idea that a man wearing a dress is inherently funny? This makes no sense.

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#24MRS. DOUBTFIRE Will Resume Performances 10/21
Posted: 5/10/21 at 3:58pm

Eh, I like the change. Let’s it stand on its own as an adaptation.

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#25MRS. DOUBTFIRE Will Resume Performances 10/21
Posted: 5/10/21 at 4:04pm

BroadwayGuy12 said: "Other new works slated for fall openings includeThoughts of a Colored Man, Clyde's, Lackawanna Blues,andFlying Over Sunset" 

Lackawanna Blues is a revival! It easily meets the criteria for the Classics Rule - especially since there was even a film adaptation of the play 16 years ago.