#1Any news on Tina?
Posted: 5/10/21 at 3:20pm

Planning a New York Thanksgiving.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#2Any news on Tina?
Posted: 5/10/21 at 4:04pm

I think tomorrow we will hear about the remaining shows that have yet to announce anything. But, it may be with a different cast without Adrienne, unfortunately. 

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#3Any news on Tina?
Posted: 5/10/21 at 4:07pm

After watching the fantastic HBO documentary on Tina Turner, I’m planning on making this the first musical I see for my Broadway return. I’m subscribed to their newsletter so hopefully we get some news in the next few hours.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#4Any news on Tina?
Posted: 5/10/21 at 4:12pm

Warren appears to be out. So it'll be interesting to see who her replacement ends up being.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#5Any news on Tina?
Posted: 5/10/21 at 4:16pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "After watching the fantastic HBO documentary on Tina Turner, I’m planning on making this the first musical I see for my Broadway return. I’m subscribed to their newsletter so hopefully we get some news in the next few hours."

Oh, man. The reason to see this musical was Warren's performance. The book, unfortunatly, is an absolute cliche ridden mess that people don't really seem to notice since her performance was so good. It's a shame if she's decided to leave.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#6Any news on Tina?
Posted: 5/10/21 at 4:18pm

ACL2006 said: "Warren appears to be out. So it'll be interesting to see who her replacement ends up being."

Is that official? Big shoes to fill. 

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#7Any news on Tina?
Posted: 5/10/21 at 4:21pm

ACL2006 said: "Warren appears to be out. So it'll be interesting to see who her replacement ends up being. "

Oh I am sorry to hear this.  Did she move in to something else?

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#8Any news on Tina?
Posted: 5/10/21 at 4:22pm

Nothing at all against Warren - I think she's fantastic - but she was out of the show a lot following her injury, and it seems as though the show was still doing just about as well without her, and I never heard any complaints about the actors who covered her. 

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#9Any news on Tina?
Posted: 5/10/21 at 4:23pm

She said the other day that she wouldn’t sign her contract unless broadway “changes” but didn’t say what changes so I guess it didn’t “change” fast enough for her.

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#10Any news on Tina?
Posted: 5/10/21 at 4:24pm

She has not said she is leaving. She actually responded to a tweet insinuating she was leaving and said

"Hi, I did not say I’m stepping down. I said communication needs to happen pertaining to the anti- racism work being done and new policies being implemented, before I sign any Broadway contract."

I wouldn't be shocked if her hesitancy to sign is causing a delay in announcing. Obviously I'm sure it would try and go on without her but confirming their star is back would definitely be at the top of their list. Hopefully the League and AEA gets its sh*t together. She's all but won the Tony Award and is the reason to see the show. 

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#11Any news on Tina?
Posted: 5/10/21 at 4:31pm

I saw the show in January 2020, and assumed that Warren would be performing on that Saturday night that I saw it.  But, she wasn't doing Saturday evening shows.  Saw her alternate, who was wonderful.  

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#12Any news on Tina?
Posted: 5/10/21 at 5:09pm

Unless Warren is performing, I'm not interested. I bought a ticket to see her again and was disappointed when the alternate played.  The differences in performance were night and day.  I was lucky I got to see her again the night before B'way shut down.  Virus left theater half empty.

Ticketmaster is a nightmare for refunds, so without confirmation of her performance, I'll pass. 

BCfitasafiddle
#13Any news on Tina?
Posted: 5/10/21 at 5:12pm

Lucky to have seen Warren and her alternate, Nkeki Obi-Melekwe. Both wonderful performances. You're in good hands either way.

SouthernCakes
#14Any news on Tina?
Posted: 5/10/21 at 5:48pm

Everyone told me she was on vacation when I saw it, but there was no understudy slip or announcement on the call board so I’m 99% that I saw her and she was wonderful. The show is weird but I enjoyed myself.

Theatrefanboy1
#15Any news on Tina?
Posted: 5/10/21 at 6:22pm

Was just talking to someone involved in the show today. He said they are back. Expect an announcement at the earliest Tuesday. (Tomorrow) but this week is the plan. As far as he was told Adrienne is still in the show. But it’s opening again early fall.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#16Any news on Tina?
Posted: 5/10/21 at 7:02pm

Might Warren also be waiting to see if she wins the Tony Award before signing a new contract?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#17Any news on Tina?
Posted: 5/10/21 at 7:09pm

ACL2006 said: "Might Warren also be waiting to see if she wins the Tony Award before signing a new contract?"

I do not know how these things work.  But I imagine at this point she is out of contract ?

Zion24
#18Any news on Tina?
Posted: 5/10/21 at 11:04pm

I saw Warren, and she was absolutely incredible, but she was out (understandably) ALOT and not only were ticket sales rock solid without her, her alternate/understudy were very well received.

nice to see Warren walk back the "im quitting unless a host of unnamed, non-concrete changes are made across an enormous multi-faceted industry ASAP!" nonsense. but i think the show does fine without her.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#19Any news on Tina?
Posted: 5/11/21 at 7:00am

For me, Warren was THE reason to see the show. She gave such a thrilling and dynamic performance. I, personally, feel no need or desire to see the show again if she is not in it. I am not saying her replacement (if she is indeed leaving) will be bad, but for me, Warren WAS that show, and, as Jordan mentioned, made it easier to look past that weak book.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#20Any news on Tina?
Posted: 5/11/21 at 7:08am

Official: Tina will resume B'way performances on October 8.

Oh look, a bibu!

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#21Any news on Tina?
Posted: 5/11/21 at 9:18am

Is Warren coming back? Rticle says cast to be announced.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#22Any news on Tina?
Posted: 5/11/21 at 9:28am

All casts are to be announced.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#23Any news on Tina?
Posted: 5/11/21 at 10:35am

JayElle said: "Is Warren coming back? Rticle says cast to be announced."

What Rticle?