pixeltracker

Company Reviews (and beyond)- Page 38

Company Reviews (and beyond)

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#925Company
Posted: 6/11/22 at 5:24pm

Any current discount codes? There’s one on BroadwayBox (CMBBX30), but it’s only for sporadic weekdays/weekends. 

SydneyBristow
#926Company
Posted: 6/12/22 at 2:47pm

Probably unpopular opinion... but I think Jennifer Simard deserves the Tony.  Her acting choices made Sarah the standout female character.  In general in this version, it seems Joanne is a less interesting/less meaty role (maybe also due to Jennifer's acting).  If it weren't "the Patti LuPone" playing Joanne, I think the Tony would go to Jennifer tonight.

Agreed that Claybourne Elder absolutely deserved a nomination.

BCfitasafiddle
#927Company
Posted: 6/12/22 at 2:55pm

Add me to the list of people wishing Claybourne Elder was nominated tonight. Christopher Fitzgerald too. I don't know how the Paradise Square men got in the category over the Company fellas. 

Elder is hilarious and heartwarming in the show, on top of being gorgeous and kind. This morning he paid for everyone in the rush line of Company for their matinee today. Class act.

UrNotAMachine
#928Company
Posted: 6/12/22 at 3:50pm

ACL2006 said: "They haven't been doing great business lately. Hopefully after the Tony Awards they get a boost. October 9 is likely the end of everyone's contracts. So unless the producers are searching for a few names to replace LuPone, Lenk, etc., that's probably accurate."

It'll be very disappointing if the rumors are true (for many reasons), but also because I think this production lends itself to some really fun/interesting stunt casting. If they can hold on until October, I would bet a big star as Bobbie and/or Joanne could keep them afloat a little longer. 

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#929Company
Posted: 6/12/22 at 11:16pm

Here's hoping the Best Revival win motivates the release of a cast recording. 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

jimmycurry01
#930Company
Posted: 6/12/22 at 11:29pm

CindersGolightly said: "Here's hoping the Best Revival win motivates the release of a cast recording. ??????"

With a cast recording of the London production already available, I doubt we'll get a new cast recording. I would much rather them figure out a way to film it. It is such a great production and offers something completely different from the previous three  times it was filmed, but I doubt that will happen either.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#931Company
Posted: 6/12/22 at 11:44pm

I would think being the most awarded musical of the season could help get a little closer to a cast recording. The powers who be must realize that the London cast recording is subpar. I truly hope they can make it work. 

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#932Company
Posted: 6/13/22 at 11:31pm

Wonder if Matt Doyle will take tomorrow night off to watch his husband in Music Man?

Tough call with first performance post-Tony win

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#933Company
Posted: 6/13/22 at 11:38pm

I highly doubt he'll take tomorrow night off, and I'd be surprised if he went any day this week. If anything, next Tuesday would make more sense. 

PipingHotPiccolo
#934Company
Posted: 6/13/22 at 11:50pm

Doyle is a real pro and can't believe he'd call out to see another show

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#935Company
Posted: 6/14/22 at 8:10am

NYadgal said: "Wonder if Matt Doyle will take tomorrow night off to watch his husband in Music Man?

Tough call with first performance post-Tony win
"

There’s not a chance he calls out to see Max in TMM. And miss his first performance post-win? Nah.

Stage Door Sally Profile Photo
Stage Door Sally
#936Company
Posted: 6/14/22 at 8:47am

Speaking of Matt, does anyone know if he has any scheduled absences coming up? I'm thinking of going to a Wednesday matinee sometime in the next few weeks and would really like to see him. Thanks.

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#937Company
Posted: 6/14/22 at 9:14am

FTR - I don’t think he will, either. 

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

Bill Snibson Profile Photo
Bill Snibson
#938Company
Posted: 6/14/22 at 3:18pm

NYadgal said: "FTR - I don’t think he will, either."

Ugh. Thats such a tough call, tho. You just won the Tony and feel the pressure of being there for every show and yet your partner is stepping in to be the lead in another huge bdwy show. I would not want to be in his shoes. Actors have lives and important moments sometimes need to come first imho. Sadly, actors typically miss important family/friends/life moments because of this idea that “I have to do the show”. It’s unfortunate. Understudies are ready to go for these very reasons. 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#939Company
Posted: 6/14/22 at 3:27pm

Are they MARRIED?   I didn't think so.  (But I miss lots of social announcements.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Bill Snibson
#940Company
Posted: 6/14/22 at 3:51pm

dramamama611 said: "Are they MARRIED? I didn't think so. (But I miss lots of social announcements.)

I don’t believe they are married but have been together for many years. Does that make a difference? 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#941Company
Posted: 6/14/22 at 3:56pm

Not at all - someone just referred to Max as Matt's husband.  

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Bill Snibson
#942Company
Posted: 6/14/22 at 4:28pm

Apparently, Patti is out of the show tonight and Jennifer Simard will be playing Joanne. That’s unfortunate. I hope Patti is ok. 

binau Profile Photo
binau
#943Company
Posted: 6/14/22 at 4:35pm

Telecharge says "Patti LuPone will not appear at this performance" tonight!!!

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#944Company
Posted: 6/14/22 at 7:34pm

She’s probably so exhausted.

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#945Company
Posted: 6/14/22 at 7:40pm

Sunday night was wonderful yet pushed many people in one industry into one space unmasked. Jackman’s positive status shook many. 

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

yyys
#946Company
Posted: 6/14/22 at 7:59pm

Simard doesn't have a solo song though....it was more the acting...

SydneyBristow said: "Probably unpopular opinion... but I thinkJennifer Simard deserves the Tony. Her acting choices made Sarah the standout female character. In general in this version, it seems Joanne is a less interesting/less meaty role (maybe also due to Jennifer's acting). If it weren't "the Patti LuPone" playing Joanne, I think the Tony would go to Jennifer tonight.

Agreed that Claybourne Elder absolutely deserved a nomination.

"

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#947Company
Posted: 6/14/22 at 8:17pm

Heard there's a bunch of u/s on tonight. Can anyone confirm?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

ashley0139
#948Company
Posted: 6/14/22 at 8:23pm

ACL2006 said: "Heard there's a bunch of u/s on tonight. Can anyone confirm?"

Just Jennifer for Joanne and Kathryn Allison for Sarah.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

Stage Door Sally Profile Photo
Stage Door Sally
#949Company
Posted: 6/14/22 at 8:31pm

Well, I'm going to the matinee tomorrow. Would be nice if Patti is in, but I really am going to see Matt Doyle. In person, he is as nice a guy as you can imagine. As a journalist, I first interviewed him for a local newspaper when he was transitioning from understudy to Hanschen full-time in Spring Awakening. I interviewed him again when he was in War Horse. Now I'm retired, so no interview, just happy being a fan. 

Also, I believe he and Max are married.