pixeltracker

The Bedwetter (Atlantic Theater Company)

The Bedwetter (Atlantic Theater Company)

Dan6
#1The Bedwetter (Atlantic Theater Company)
Posted: 2/7/22 at 3:12am

Tickets go on sale 2/18, and I'm thinking of getting them to fill the last open slot on my late April/early May trip. I like Sarah Silverman, was a fan of Adam Schlesinger's, and have enjoyed Joshua Harmon's plays, so this all sounds promising, but I'd be attending the second or third preview so other than knowing some of the talent involved I'm really buying blind. Does anyone have any more intel on this one at all? 

iluvtheatertrash
#2The Bedwetter (Atlantic Theater Company)
Posted: 2/7/22 at 7:50am

Is this when Back25 also go on sale?

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#3The Bedwetter (Atlantic Theater Company)
Posted: 2/7/22 at 10:31am

Access25 (formerly Back25) tickets will go on sale Friday, April 15, 2022 at noon ET.

LexiGirl Profile Photo
LexiGirl
#4The Bedwetter (Atlantic Theater Company)
Posted: 2/7/22 at 10:48am

No further intel, but I’ve been excited to see this one. Sales for members opened up this past Friday, so I was able to book my ticket for May. I read Sarah Silverman’s book of the same name and enjoyed it, so am interested in seeing how this will be made into a musical. I had originally booked back in 2020, so glad they are still going through with this.

TaffyDavenport
#5The Bedwetter (Atlantic Theater Company)
Posted: 2/7/22 at 10:56am

I'm interested to see if Stephanie J. Block will be returning to the production.

iluvtheatertrash
#6The Bedwetter (Atlantic Theater Company)
Posted: 2/7/22 at 11:39am

Thank you so much for that Access25 answer!

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#7The Bedwetter (Atlantic Theater Company)
Posted: 2/7/22 at 12:31pm

I’m waiting to see if Block and Lavin are returning. 

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

Dan6
#8The Bedwetter (Atlantic Theater Company)
Posted: 2/7/22 at 12:54pm

TaffyDavenport said: "I'm interested to see if Stephanie J. Block will be returning to the production."

I hadn’t even realized SJB was originally attached in 2020. If she’s back, no way am I missing this! Anyone want to speculate when casting will be announced? 

Updated On: 2/7/22 at 12:54 PM

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#9The Bedwetter (Atlantic Theater Company)
Posted: 2/7/22 at 6:59pm

I have a friend in the show and I’m fairly certain at least Block is still involved. This has been on my radar for my May trip for awhile, might have to go ahead and snag a seat when they go on sale.

Wee Thomas2 Profile Photo
Wee Thomas2
#10The Bedwetter (Atlantic Theater Company)
Posted: 2/9/22 at 3:16pm

Member tix went on sale this past weekend and we bought for Memorial Day weekend (our next trip to NYC).  Was pleased to see 4 weekend shows so we bought Sunday night so we can fill all 4 slots.  Tons of availability when we went online on the 2nd day tix were out there.

TaffyDavenport
#11The Bedwetter (Atlantic Theater Company)
Posted: 2/18/22 at 12:09pm

Tickets on sale now.

LarryD2
#12The Bedwetter (Atlantic Theater Company)
Posted: 3/2/22 at 3:41pm

Casting just announced. Caissie Levy and Bebe Neuwirth will play the roles originally slated for Stephanie Block and Linda Lavin. 

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#13The Bedwetter (Atlantic Theater Company)
Posted: 3/2/22 at 4:07pm

Wow! Big news! Nothing at all against Lavin and Block, but this cast is more exciting to me. This will be my 1st time seeing Neuwirth onstage, actually. 

Ethel Berman Profile Photo
Ethel Berman
#14The Bedwetter (Atlantic Theater Company)
Posted: 3/2/22 at 4:28pm

Great cast, and amazing creative team. So looking forward to this one!

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
NOWaWarning
#15The Bedwetter (Atlantic Theater Company)
Posted: 3/2/22 at 6:12pm

So exciting to have Bebe in a musical again!

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#16The Bedwetter (Atlantic Theater Company)
Posted: 3/2/22 at 10:23pm

David Yazbek is now a creative consultant on the show. I wonder if he will be writing any new songs after the sad passing of Adam Schlesinger? The show will have a hard time evolving if they aren't able to add/change any music during the off-Bway run.

Updated On: 3/2/22 at 10:23 PM

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#17The Bedwetter (Atlantic Theater Company)
Posted: 3/3/22 at 11:21am

Grabbed a ticket yesterday for my trip in May. Beyond excited to finally see Bebe live (in a musical no less), after pleasantly yet briefly meeting her years ago at Broadway flea.

This show has all the makings of a success, I hope they stick the landing. 

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#18The Bedwetter (Atlantic Theater Company)
Posted: 3/3/22 at 1:44pm

Had a ticket and now really excited as I finally get to see Bebe onstage. I met and chatted with her several years ago. A lovely person.

Just give the world Love.

kurtal
#19The Bedwetter (Atlantic Theater Company)
Posted: 3/9/22 at 12:18pm

ATC is offering a discount code for all performance of The Bedwetter.  BWT25 gives access to $25 tickets (but can't be used for premium seats).

VintageSnarker
#20The Bedwetter (Atlantic Theater Company)
Posted: 3/9/22 at 5:45pm

kurtal said: "ATC is offering a discount code for all performance of The Bedwetter. BWT25 gives access to $25 tickets (but can't be used for premium seats)."

Are there requirements for eligibility? It came up as a "CAP $25 ticket" discount for me but I couldn't complete the order

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#21The Bedwetter (Atlantic Theater Company)
Posted: 3/9/22 at 5:56pm

The CAP $25 program is specifically geared towards increasing BIPOC representation in the audience. The tickets are underwritten by the Jerome L. Greene Foundation. It may be that Atlantic discontinued that specific code if the code got spread around beyond the intended recipients. (They need to put a better system in place if they don't want the code to get out to other people; theatre discount hunters are too savvy!)

From their website:

Over the years, BIPOC artists have been integral partners in reaching the communities that are reflected in their stories on our stages. To support and continue these efforts, Atlantic launched the Community Audience Partnership (CAP) in spring 2019 through generous support from the JL Greene Arts Access Fund. CAP is a multifaceted program that attracts new audiences by making our shows accessible to theatergoers of all backgrounds, particularly from NYC communities of color as well as individuals from low and middle-income backgrounds. Most immediately, CAP offers up to 4,350 free or $25 tickets across every public performance of our annual productions. Tickets are either distributed online or directly through partnerships with NYC organizations serving these communities. We’ve also brought on a dedicated team of BIPOC staff to manage CAP, including a full-time Community Outreach Coordinator and 2-3 part-time ambassadors who help us forge and foster partnerships directly with NYC community organizations.

VintageSnarker
#22The Bedwetter (Atlantic Theater Company)
Posted: 3/9/22 at 6:14pm

Thanks, Ermengarde. I would be eligible under those stated goals. 

For some reason, it worked after I logged into my account and chose "will call" instead of an e-ticket but I don't know what made the difference. 

kurtal
#23The Bedwetter (Atlantic Theater Company)
Posted: 3/9/22 at 8:00pm

I was sent an email that said

"We would like to offer $25 tickets (tickets are regularly $50+) to your community and friends for the rest of the run. Our goal is to welcome new, more diverse and less affluent folks through our doors, so we’re hoping these tickets will go to audiences largely underrepresented in Off-Broadway. If you know of anyone who would genuinely benefit from the above, we would love to invite them to our next special event. Feel free to share the schedule and code for the accessible rates."

I definitely see the intent, and, to be honest, I hadn't noticed the details.  I am not entirely sure how I got on this particular distribution list, as I never signed up for the CAP program.  But I do work for a nonprofit organization which could be it?  So, I'll append the posting of the code above to say, only use it if you are newer, more diverse, or less affluent than the standard theatregoer.  

@z5
#24The Bedwetter (Atlantic Theater Company)
Posted: 3/9/22 at 8:58pm

I was able to get 3 $25 seats for June in the second row which is nice - no issues placing the order and tickets were emailed. 

Ke3
#25The Bedwetter (Atlantic Theater Company)
Posted: 3/11/22 at 2:19pm

I don't see a space to enter the code. Perhaps I'm doing it wrong.