pixeltracker

Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?- Page 10

Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?

inception Profile Photo
inception
#225Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/18/22 at 7:07pm

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... Javier Muñoz was exceptional as the Baker in the 2014 Oregon Shakespeare Festival production

inception Profile Photo
inception
#226Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/18/22 at 7:07pm

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... Javier Muñoz was exceptional as the Baker in the 2014 Oregon Shakespeare Festival production

ATerrifyingAndImposingFigure
#227Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/18/22 at 7:38pm

I completely agree that Chip Zien as The Baker was perfect. I completely disagree that Christian Borle Is mediocre, he’s one of the most exciting actors in theatre today.

As for the Tony discussion, Chip’s omission doesn’t make a lick of sense. The original cast as a whole was weirdly under-rewarded by the Tonys. They certainly deserved more love than just Gleeson’s win and Westenberg’s nomination.

Emmeline Carter
#228Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/18/22 at 7:55pm

Larry6417 said: "Christian Borle is the luckiest person on Broadway.

So mediocre. So uninteresting.

IMHO

PS- NPH is NOT Chip Zien and neither is CB. You want perfection? Listen to the OBC!
"

While I do agree that Chip Zien made an absolutely perfect Baker, I entirely disagree that Christian Borle is "mediocre" and "uninteresting". Since I saw Christian Borle perform in Little Shop, he's become my absolute favorite Broadway actor. If the Into the Woods Broadway transfer manages to happen with him as The Baker, I have nothing but high hopes that he will do an incredible job in that role! 

Updated On: 5/18/22 at 07:55 PM

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#229Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/21/22 at 8:36pm

I heard it's not happening from my agent friend due to scheduling conflicts primarily with Sara and it would not transfer without her. Also, Heather and Denee are filming their series this summer as well but you never know for the future but he said I doubt it?

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

WesternSky2 Profile Photo
WesternSky2
BCfitasafiddle
ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#232Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/24/22 at 2:25pm

As a bunch of us have said from the beginning, this needs SB to transfer. If she can't make it work in her schedule, this revival is kaput. (8 weeks is an awfully tight recoupment time, too, even if they don't add much to it from NYCC.) If they recast too many of the roles, then that strips away some of the magic of this Encores production because the cast is what made it work.

Hard to replicate lightning in a bottle.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#233Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/24/22 at 2:32pm

Maybe still trying to iron it out with everyone's schedules?

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#234Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/24/22 at 2:45pm

Bareilles is onboard and has been this whole time. The problems have been recasting the Witch, Cinderella, and the Baker. The names I’d previously heard attached to those roles are all out, but the new ones are pretty exciting if they come to pass. 
But it seems like they’re finally close to having everything nailed down. An announcement is imminent. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#235Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/24/22 at 2:53pm

I just want Julia Lester to get her Broadway debut with this show. To me, she stood out more than any of the performers they’re recasting, and, yes, that includes Heather Headley.

Updated On: 5/24/22 at 02:53 PM

benfox2 Profile Photo
benfox2
#236Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/24/22 at 3:04pm

How exciting!! I was so nervous I wouldn't get a chance to see the show after missing it at NYCC. Hoping you're right Kad!

ivy3
#237Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/24/22 at 3:29pm

So no Borle? Updated On: 5/24/22 at 03:29 PM

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#238Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/24/22 at 3:44pm

ivy3 said: "So no Borle?"

No Borle. His replacement is very exciting, if it works out.

Updated On: 5/24/22 at 03:44 PM

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#239Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/24/22 at 3:47pm

I would have loved to finally see Heather Headley live, but Sarah is still a draw for me. Love to hear her take on the score.

Emmeline Carter
#240Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/24/22 at 3:51pm

Could you please give some hints as to who will be the new Baker?? Thanks!

joshdog2014
#241Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/24/22 at 3:55pm

TaffyDavenport said: "I just want Julia Lester to get her Broadway debut with this show. To me, she stood out more than any of the performers they’re recasting, and, yes, that includes Heather Headley."

Kennedy Kanagawa is also VERY deserving of a Broadway debut for his performance!

UrNotAMachine
#242Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/24/22 at 3:59pm

Maybe Brandon Uranowitz as the new baker? He was fantastic in another role originated by Chip Zein...

BCfitasafiddle
#243Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/24/22 at 4:07pm

Sad to hear about Heather Headley. I wish more people could've seen the performance she gave. It was unlike anything I've seen.

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#244Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/24/22 at 4:10pm

Hoping for better results from the new With and Cinderella (I didn't love Headley or Benton).

Loved NPH, but very curious about whoever this new Baker will be...

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#245Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/24/22 at 4:11pm

joshdog2014 said: "TaffyDavenport said: "I just want Julia Lester to get her Broadway debut with this show. To me, she stood out more than any of the performers they’re recasting, and, yes, that includes Heather Headley."

Kennedy Kanagawa is also VERY deserving of a Broadway debut for his performance!
"

The Encores! production really did shout, “Justice for Milky White.”

Oh look, a bibu!

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#246Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/24/22 at 4:13pm

Yes, I’ve heard Borle is out- but the actor I’ve heard as his replacement worked with Borle in a show that won Borle a Tony. He also hasn’t been in a musical for a little while, on stage at least. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
barcelona20
#248Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/24/22 at 4:17pm

jkcohen626 said: "Brian d'Arcy James?"

Please let this be true!

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#249Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/24/22 at 4:17pm

jkcohen626 said: "Brian d'Arcy James?"

Love me some BDJ but he seems so wrong for the Baker, especially after NPH and SB's ultra-whimsical takes on the roles.