pixeltracker

Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?- Page 2

Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?

OhHiii
#25Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/11/22 at 1:48pm

JSquared2 said: "OhHiii said: "JSquared2 said: "OhHiii said: "What contract? He didn't end up doing it at Encores, so even if her had a ROFR in his Encores deal -- he didn't fulfill the contract so nothing in it would apply. Why would you think it did?"

It's not unheard of to have a standing Broadway offer tied to an off-broadway or out of town tryout even if they don't do the run. Those things can be separate. Kelli O'Hara didn't do Bridges of Madison County at Williamstown because she was pregnant, but she sure did on Broadway. I'm not saying that's what's happened here, but it is certainly possible.
"

Sorry, but you're sounding ridiculous.

"

Sure, Jan. My only point is that Borle could still have a standing offer for the role on Broadway since it's probably likely any commercial producer knew going in that NPH would likely be unavailable for longer a transfer. But sure.

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#26Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/11/22 at 1:56pm

Play Esq. said: "Am I being too optimistic to think that this could lead to new cast album???"

Not at all. They did it for Sunday, and that recording is definitive, in my opinion. We don’t have a complete score of Into the Woods in its current state, so this would be a perfect opportunity. We’re unlikely to get a better cast together to do it.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#27Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/11/22 at 1:56pm

I’m curious if they’ll keep the orchestra on stage or not. Will it be advertised as a concert?

Nolan LuPone
#28Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/11/22 at 2:02pm

Play Esq. said: "Am I being too optimistic to think that this could lead to new cast album???"

I think it seems likely. It's a wonderful (to say the least) cast, so I doubt the producers will let it go un-recorded.

ATerrifyingAndImposingFigure
#29Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/11/22 at 2:03pm

I mean, with all those big names involved, if this is moving to Broadway I absolutely can’t see it not getting an album.

OhHiii
#30Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/11/22 at 2:03pm

CATSNYrevival said: "I’m curious if they’ll keep the orchestra on stage or not. Will it be advertised as a concert?"

They didn't advertise Sunday as a concert and the orchestra was on stage.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#31Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/11/22 at 2:16pm

I’d love a cast album but it’s a strange time for cast albums right now so I’m not sure I’d expect one. I’m still surprised Music Man hasn’t recorded yet, and to a lesser extent, Company as well.

SouthernCakes
#32Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/11/22 at 2:24pm

Would love to hear Sara and Heather sing this score!!

Up In One Profile Photo
Up In One
#33Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/11/22 at 3:08pm

CATSNYrevival said: "I’m curious if they’ll keep the orchestra on stage or not. Will it be advertised as a concert?"

The current revival of Chicago moved pretty much in tact from Encores and folks had the same concern about it - 25+ years later. its still running. Wonderful Town was another that moved from Encores.

Up In One

SouthernCakes
#34Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/11/22 at 3:09pm

Gypsy also kept the same staging. Keeping the orchestra on stage means they can have less scenic elements so I’d imagine it would stay as it is. 

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#35Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/11/22 at 3:13pm

CATSNYrevival said: "I’d love a cast album but it’s a strange time for cast albums right now so I’m not sure I’d expect one. I’m still surprised Music Man hasn’t recorded yet, and to a lesser extent, Company as well."

I feel like Music Man will record eventually. Company, as its been stated before, I think since they recorded it in London, with Patti they will go the way with other London transfers and not record a new album. I would love to be proved wrong.

I would love a new Into the Woods recording! Heather's "Stay with Me" would be incredible to hear over and over again

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

WestEndGal
#36Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/11/22 at 3:24pm

barcelona20 said: "I just don't see this having that strong of a demand past the 2 weeks at Encores, but we shall see..."

I think it’ll sell v well for the 8 weeks if Sara Bareilles is in it, as she proved with Waitress she can bring in the crowds. Although I think the Waitress crowds are different to an Into The Woods one. 

rattleNwoolypenguin
#37Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/11/22 at 3:46pm

Call me old fashioned but I like this show when the woods are not sparse on stage. When it feels huge and foreboding. I don’t even care if the orchestra is onstage, just invest in wonderful lighting and do trees x 15

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#38Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/11/22 at 4:00pm

The only obstacle I can see for a cast recording would be Heather or Sara’s recording labels getting in the way, like Cyndi Lauper’s did during “Threepenny Opera”.

OhHiii
#39Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/11/22 at 4:24pm

Jordan Catalano said: "The only obstacle I can see for a cast recording would be Heather or Sara’s recording labels getting in the way, like Cyndi Lauper’s did during “Threepenny Opera”."

We got a Waitress cast album and Sara as a songwriter would be beholden to her label in some way for that as well, wouldn't she? And cannot imagine a world in which a first-and-foremost musical theater star like Heather Headley would run into her own label blocking something like that.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#40Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/11/22 at 4:26pm

Oh, I have no idea. I was just saying something like that getting in the way would be the only obstacle I can think of.  

RyToast1
#41Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/11/22 at 5:54pm

Adding my voice to the confirmation chorus. Contracts went out this week. And the short run is because 8 weeks is all Heather would commit to. I imagine if it’s a huge success, they’d replace her, but that’s another story.

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#42Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/11/22 at 6:05pm

I'm working in California all summer. Does anyone with more intimate knowledge of the schedule know if it'll still be running around August 25th? That's most likely my return date. Would that be the last week or would it close the week before?

Matt Rogers Profile Photo
Matt Rogers
#43Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/11/22 at 6:08pm

Wait……am I crazy or did this thread do a disappearing act this afternoon and now it is mysteriously back…..? 

NOLAguy
#44Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/11/22 at 6:08pm

Does anyone know the tentative start date?  Wondering if this will affect Jordan Donica's short return stint in Phantom.  I have tickets to Phantom mid-June

ElphabaGoodman
#45Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/11/22 at 6:31pm

OhHiii said: "JSquared2 said: "OhHiii said: "JSquared2 said: "OhHiii said: "What contract? He didn't end up doing it at Encores, so even if her had a ROFR in his Encores deal -- he didn't fulfill the contract so nothing in it would apply. Why would you think it did?"

It's not unheard of to have a standing Broadway offer tied to an off-broadway or out of town tryout even if they don't do the run. Those things can be separate. Kelli O'Hara didn't do Bridges of Madison County at Williamstown because she was pregnant, but she sure did on Broadway. I'm not saying that's what's happened here, but it is certainly possible.
"

Sorry, but you're sounding ridiculous.

"

Sure, Jan. My only point is that Borle could still have a standing offer for the role on Broadway since it's probably likely any commercial producer knew going in that NPH would likely be unavailable for longer a transfer. But sure.
"

NPH is going to replace in a hit Broadway show this summer, so he is unavailable for the Broadway Into the Woods transfer 

willep
#46Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/11/22 at 6:43pm

…what? Is he going to do a stint as King George or something?

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#47Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/11/22 at 6:45pm

Heard rumors that with this and some other shows are trying to come to Broadway and would break ALW's record of most shows on Broadway with Sondheim at 5...with Company, this, and Sweeney...what else could there be? 

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

willep
#48Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/11/22 at 6:49pm

Assassins and James Corden’s …Forum? (I kid.)

ChairinMain Profile Photo
ChairinMain
#49Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/11/22 at 6:50pm

Welp, I guess I'm braving the Summer heat and travelling to New York for this!

(If there's speculation that NPH is going into a broadway show, it's....gotta be music man, right?

Videos