pixeltracker

PARADISE SQUARE Sets July 17 Closing Date on Broadway- Page 2

PARADISE SQUARE Sets July 17 Closing Date on Broadway

ElephantLoveMedley
#25PARADISE SQUARE Closing 6/17
Posted: 7/11/22 at 12:21pm

Huss417 said: "It looks like no one told Telecharge as they are still selling tickets for dates passed the 17th."

Clearly, the team at Telecharge is too busy refreshing their Twitter pages awaiting the Funny Girl casting news today!

Seriously, I think it's so funny that, for months, all of BWW has been eagerly waiting to find out how long this show would last... and the news finally breaks on the one day where literally everybody's eyes are laser-focused on a different show. 

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#26PARADISE SQUARE Closing 6/17
Posted: 7/11/22 at 12:29pm

According to Broadway.com's story on the closing notice, a cast recording is expected to be released in September, with a national tour currently in development for the 2023-24 season, and international productions also currently in development. 

Stay tuned for the usual OBCR thread when the time is right!

Oh look, a bibu!

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#27PARADISE SQUARE Closing 6/17
Posted: 7/11/22 at 12:30pm

(double post)

Oh look, a bibu!

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#28PARADISE SQUARE Closing 6/17
Posted: 7/11/22 at 12:32pm

I also thought shows normally give a 2 weeks notice before closing.
Does this mean the cast will still be paid for the next 2 weeks even though its last performance is this coming Sunday?

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#29PARADISE SQUARE Closing 6/17
Posted: 7/11/22 at 12:35pm

DrMonicaDeMoneco said: "garth is very aware of the grosses as all of us are. He could have given them more notice. That’s all my saying"

I don't know where people (and it's not just you) are getting the idea that a longer notice is normal; it is not. Yes there are a bunch of shows right now that are staying open because they think they can enhance sales with "final weeks/months" advertising but PS hasn't been able to give away enough tickets to fill their theatre. The people working on the show know the score and, I would think, are grateful they got way more weeks than anyone could have imagined. As I said, this is a peculiar criticism. 

Marlothom Profile Photo
Marlothom
#30PARADISE SQUARE Closing 6/17
Posted: 7/11/22 at 12:43pm

Such a hard-working cast and crew, but so little changed between Chicago and Broadway, that clearly needed to change.  

"Observe how bravely I conceal this dreadful dreadful shame I feel."

joshdog2014
#31PARADISE SQUARE Closing 6/17
Posted: 7/11/22 at 1:26pm

ElephantLoveMedley said: "Seriously, I think it's so funny that, for months, all of BWW has been eagerly waiting to find out how long this show would last... and the news finally breaks on the one day where literally everybody's eyes are laser-focused on a different show."

Any chance this is intentional? Sort of like announcing something at the end of a week to bury news.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#32PARADISE SQUARE Closing 6/17
Posted: 7/11/22 at 1:28pm

Absolutely intentional. 

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#33PARADISE SQUARE Closing 6/17
Posted: 7/11/22 at 1:40pm

A beautiful show with a great original score, fabulous performers, fabulous sets, lots of dancing. Chillina was robbed a Tony, but glad that it got so many nominations and eventually won 1 Tony. But I guess if you don't have a Tony Award, you're not a jukebox musical or a movie turned into musical, celebrity producers, you don't make it on Broadway with just a fabulous production. Anyway, glad I saw it twice and I am glad that LOOP won the Tony also, without any stars and it was another original musical-even though it is celebrity endorsed.  

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#34PARADISE SQUARE Closing 6/17
Posted: 7/11/22 at 2:19pm

"The cast recording has been sitting since April when it was supposed to be released. Like many, if people could have listened to the show, it might have helped sales."

It wouldn't be surprising to find out it wasn't released due to unpaid bills.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

MichelleCraig Profile Photo
MichelleCraig
#35PARADISE SQUARE Closing 6/17
Posted: 7/11/22 at 2:33pm

ElephantLoveMedley wrote: "Seriously, I think it's so funny that, for months, all of BWW has been eagerly waiting to find out how long this show would last... and the news finally breaks on the one day where literally everybody's eyes are laser-focused on a different show."

I think that was the plan...to announce the closing on the day it will get far less attention in the media, etc.

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#36PARADISE SQUARE Closing 6/17
Posted: 7/11/22 at 3:10pm

Maybe Sidney DuPont can replace Jared Grimes in Funny Girl at some point if circumstance allow. He's super talented and not bad to look at either.

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

UncleCharlie
#37PARADISE SQUARE Closing 6/17
Posted: 7/11/22 at 3:37pm

MichelleCraig said: "ElephantLoveMedley wrote: "Seriously, I think it's so funny that, for months, all of BWW has been eagerly waiting to find out how long this show would last... and the news finally breaks on the one day where literally everybody's eyes are laser-focused on a different show."

I think that was the plan...to announce the closing on the day it will get far less attention in the media, etc.
"

If that was actually the plan, he would have announced it on the day the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade.

You guys crack me up.

Scarlet Leigh Profile Photo
Scarlet Leigh
#38PARADISE SQUARE Closing 6/17
Posted: 7/11/22 at 3:49pm

The skeletons that will one day fall out of this ones closet are going to be WILD.

spicemonkey
#39PARADISE SQUARE Closing 6/17
Posted: 7/11/22 at 4:14pm

muscle23ftl said: "A beautiful show with a great original score, fabulous performers, fabulous sets, lots of dancing. Chillina was robbed a Tony, but glad that it got so many nominations and eventually won 1 Tony. But I guess if you don't have a Tony Award, you're not a jukebox musical or a movie turned into musical, celebrity producers, you don't make it on Broadway with just a fabulous production. Anyway, glad I saw it twice and I am glad that LOOP won the Tony also, without any stars and it was another original musical-even though it is celebrity endorsed."

Oh my… not the “Chillina robbed” again - Time to rewatch Diana on Netflix 

Updated On: 7/11/22 at 04:14 PM

hearthemsing22
#40PARADISE SQUARE Closing 6/17
Posted: 7/11/22 at 6:21pm

I agree-the day I checked for Dear Evan Hansen and Come From Away, dates far off were still up. I’m sure it’s a delay on the part of Telecharge. They have to go through and return all those tickets for other dates. 

PeterC6482
#41PARADISE SQUARE Closing 6/17
Posted: 7/11/22 at 7:12pm

They can still take July 19th through November 27th off of sale, even while they are refunding previously purchased tickets for those dates.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#42PARADISE SQUARE Closing 6/17
Posted: 7/11/22 at 8:40pm

EDSOSLO858 said: "According to Broadway.com's story on the closing notice, a cast recording is expected to be released in September, with a national tour currently in development for the 2023-24 season, and international productions also currently in development.

"

Don't believe everything you read, and especially not on that stealth scalper site.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#43PARADISE SQUARE Closing 6/17
Posted: 7/11/22 at 9:07pm

HogansHero said: "EDSOSLO858 said: "According to Broadway.com's story on the closing notice, a cast recording is expected to be released in September, with a national tour currently in development for the 2023-24 season, and international productions also currently in development.

"

Don't believe everything you read, and especially not on that stealth scalper site.

"

BroadwayWorld said the exact same thing in their story, but yes, we will see how everything plays out. 

Oh look, a bibu!

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#44PARADISE SQUARE Closing 6/17
Posted: 7/11/22 at 10:27pm

EDSOSLO858 said: "BroadwayWorld said the exact same thing in their story, but yes, we will see how everything plays out."

I agree we will have to wait and see how things play out but it is useful to recognize that everything you are reading on any of these sites has press releases as their sole source. Aspirations cost money and the jury is still out on whether the Garth will be able to con enough money out of enough suckers to do any of them. A few other juries are still out regarding him lol

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#45PARADISE SQUARE Closing 6/17
Posted: 7/12/22 at 3:50pm

Remember, everyone, it’s against the rules to comment on any ongoing litigation, even if it’s reported on by this site, which I am just randomly reminding people of and has nothing to do with anything pertaining to any production that might be on Broadway for another few days. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#46PARADISE SQUARE Closing 6/17
Posted: 7/12/22 at 4:32pm

Kad said: "Remember, everyone, it’s against the rules to comment on any ongoing litigation, even if it’s reported on by this site, which I am just randomly reminding people of and has nothing to do with anything pertaining to any production that might be on Broadway for another few days."

LOL - take me back to the old days of this board. 

binau Profile Photo
binau
#47PARADISE SQUARE Closing 6/17
Posted: 7/12/22 at 4:32pm

HogansHero said: "EDSOSLO858 said: "BroadwayWorld said the exact same thing in their story, but yes, we will see how everything plays out."

I agree we will have to wait and see how things play out but it is useful to recognize that everything you are reading on any of these sites has press releases as their sole source. Aspirations cost money and the jury is still out on whether the Garth will be able to con enough money out of enough suckers to do any of them. A few other juries are still out regarding him lol
"

I personally think there is about a 0% chance of this tour ever happening.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#48PARADISE SQUARE Closing 6/17
Posted: 7/13/22 at 8:25am

Kind of funny to me that this show has been papering almost every single week of it’s run - but not this week. 

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
#49PARADISE SQUARE Closing 6/17
Posted: 7/13/22 at 8:29am

I was paper in last night....