pixeltracker

Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl - Page 11

Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#250Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/10/22 at 5:26pm

Julie did post that she's doing both shows today, so it would appear that tonight's show is on.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

SoCalDirector
#251Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/10/22 at 5:27pm

Dark_Vader said: "BrodyFosse123 said: "Tovah is such a legend and super-adorable. I did not know she originated the role of "Yentl" on stage.

Tovah originated the role in the 1975 Broadway play YENTL. Barbra Streisand’s 1983 musical film isn’t based on this play at all. Streisand’s film and the play only share the same source book YENTL, THE YESHIVA BOY.
"

Thank you. I found info on the web regarding both adaptations of Yentl via BarbraArchives and IBDB.

I did not mention Barbra Streisand or her film in my original post.
"

And that's very true. And it is the same character. In fact Barbra  said something to the effect that Tovah was her Yentl buddy.  I'm sure someone will have the exact quote.

I did not know until that interview that Tovah's real name was Terri Sue.  And that she switched to her Hebrew name as a professional name.

Miles Robert Mills

Dark_Vader Profile Photo
Dark_Vader
#252Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/10/22 at 5:32pm

SoCalDirector said: "Dark_Vader said: "BrodyFosse123 said: "Tovah is such a legend and super-adorable. I did not know she originated the role of "Yentl" on stage.

Tovah originated the role in the 1975 Broadway play YENTL. Barbra Streisand’s 1983 musical film isn’t based on this play at all. Streisand’s film and the play only share the same source book YENTL, THE YESHIVA BOY.
"

Thank you. I found info on the web regarding both adaptations of Yentl via BarbraArchives and IBDB.

"

And that's very true. And it is the same character. In fact Barbra said something to the effect that Tovah was her Yentl buddy. I'm sure someone will have the exact quote.

I did not know until that interview that Tovah's real name was Terri Sue. And that she switched to her Hebrew name as a professional name.
"

I just found that out as well when I was doing my quick research on Tovah. She recently penned a memoir entitled "Lilyville" which she briefly mentions in the interview I included in my original post. I also came across this lovely picture of Tovah standing underneath the Eugene O'Neill marquee with her parents during the run of "Yentl". 

kennin
#253Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/10/22 at 7:19pm

TaffyDavenport said: "Jordan Catalano said: "Oof. Curious to know who’s on book."

It's Barbara Tirrell as Mrs. Meeker, from what I'm seeing on TikTok.
"

Can you please post the link?

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#254Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/10/22 at 7:35pm

kennin said: "TaffyDavenport said: "Jordan Catalano said: "Oof. Curious to know who’s on book."

"

"

Can't find the TikTok, but here's the Broadway Covers post, which misspelled her name:

https://twitter.com/broadwaycovers/status/1568647212749537280

SoCalDirector
#255Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/10/22 at 7:47pm

Dark_Vader said: "SoCalDirector said: "Dark_Vader said: "BrodyFosse123 said: "Tovah is such a legend and super-adorable. I did not know she originated the role of "Yentl" on stage.

"

"

And that's very true. And it is the same character. In fact Barbra said something to the effect that Tovah was her Yentl buddy. I'm sure someone will have the exact quote.

I did not know until that interview that Tovah's real name was Terri Sue. And that she switched to her Hebrew name as a professional name.
"

I just found that out as well when I was doing my quick research on Tovah. She recently penned a memoir entitled "Lilyville" which she briefly mentions in the interview I included in my original post. I also came across this lovely picture of Tovah standing underneath the Eugene O'Neill marquee with her parents during the run of "Yentl".

Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl"Very cool. Thank you for sharing this.

Miles Robert Mills

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#256Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/10/22 at 7:56pm

Julie Benko is Fanny

Afra Hines is Emma

Danielle Kelsey is Mrs. Strakosh

Barbara Tirrell is Mrs. Meeker

Colin Bradbury is doing a split track covering Stephen Marks Lucas and Martin Moran

Jeremiah James is Florenz Ziegfeld

Alicia Lundgren is Vera

All swings are on.

There's 11 actors out today.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.
Updated On: 9/10/22 at 07:56 PM

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#257Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/10/22 at 8:27pm

TaffyDavenport said: "kennin said: "TaffyDavenport said: "Jordan Catalano said: "Oof. Curious to know who’s on book."

"

"

Can't find the TikTok, but here's the Broadway Covers post, which misspelled her name:

https://twitter.com/broadwaycovers/status/1568647212749537280
"

https://www.bretadamsltd.net/content/client/female-actors/barbara-tirrell/

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

BarnabyTucker Profile Photo
BarnabyTucker
#258Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/10/22 at 8:59pm

Doesn't there come a point where producers owe a duty to their employees to put their health over profits?  It seems like COVID is spreading like wildfire through this company and that everyone either has it or is a sitting duck waiting for it to hit them. 

Obviously they're keeping the doors open for the sake of revenue--and they're likely not going to take a hiatus unless Michele tests positive--but shouldn't the safety and well-being of everyone working at the August Wilson trump investors' interests?  Quite frankly it's amoral to hire temporary covers when they should just shut the show down for 10-days to keep everyone safe and get the show back on track. 

As always, major kudos to the Covid safety team working on this show and my heart goes out to the actors, crew members, and employees who likely fear going to work because they're just waiting to contract COVID and bring it home to their families. 

Sign me up as being one of those who can't wait for the eventual "tell all" book about this terribly misguided venture. 

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#259Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/10/22 at 9:05pm

Now it’s official, she has indeed tested positive and will return on 9/20. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CiWOckouFok/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Oh look, a bibu!

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#260Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/10/22 at 9:06pm

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George
Updated On: 9/10/22 at 09:06 PM

Dark_Vader Profile Photo
Dark_Vader
#261Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/10/22 at 11:03pm

BarnabyTucker said: "Doesn't there come a point where producers owe a duty to their employees to put their health over profits? It seems like COVID is spreading like wildfire through this company and that everyone either has it or is a sitting duck waiting for it to hit them.

Obviously they're keeping the doors open for the sake of revenue--and they're likely not going to take a hiatus unless Michele tests positive--but shouldn't the safety and well-being of everyone working at the August Wilson trump investors' interests? Quite frankly it's amoral to hire temporary covers when they should just shut the show down for 10-days to keep everyone safe and get the show back on track.

As always, major kudos to the Covid safety team working on this show and my heart goes out to the actors, crew members, and employees who likely fear going to work because they're just waiting to contract COVID and bring it home to their families.

Sign me up as being one of those who can't wait for the eventual "tell all" book about this terribly misguided venture.
"

I agree - eleven actors out should be enough cause for alarm. The rest of the cast going in are just sitting ducks. It is completely irresponsible for the producers to put them at risk of potentially getting sick as well. 

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#262Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/10/22 at 11:40pm

Maybe the socializing Tuesday night - everyone unmasked and mixing freely with guests - wasn’t the best kick off for two new actors. Maybe with Omicron still stalking NYC the company could’ve headed home. It thrilled many, as celebrating goes, but Broadway is still Covid fragile.

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

Islander_fan
#263Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/11/22 at 3:22am

Hearing news like this, after the mask mandate was lifted, really pisses me off. The day after they announced that the mask mandate was to be lifted, Come From Away announced that they had to cancel a performance due to covid, then shortly after that, Sutton Foster announced she had it too. And, now there’s this. 

I have yet to encounter a single co worker who is ok with the mask mandate being lifted. The league, which had, up until this point, had been looking at numbers as it relates to covid, started looking at numbers as it relates to dollar signs. I get that they lost money during the shutdown. I get that they wanted to make up for lost profits and wanted to take advantage of the fact that tourists would once again be coming to NYC for the summer. But, to so at the cost of those who work on Broadway, in every capacity might I add, is just so irresponsible.

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#264Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/11/22 at 8:00am

BarnabyTucker said: "
Sign me up as being one of those who can't wait for the eventual "tell all" book about this terribly misguided venture."

I can’t wait for the third season reboot of SMASH. 

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#265Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/11/22 at 8:38am

I think New Yorkers in general are ok not wearing a mask indoors nowadays. I see it everywhere (movie theater, office, restaurants, stores, subway, dinner parties, etc.) What I’m saying is it’s possible for actors to get the virus outside the theater too (ie going to a bar or a friend’s party, etc.) unlike last fall when several places in nyc were still mandating masks.
I recall seeing COMPANY this past spring when several covers were on due to several members of the cast getting Covid —- and this was during the mask mandate.

im curious what the testing policy is nowadays for actors and theater staff who test positive and out for 5 days. Do they have to test again and get a neg result or are they exempt for 3 months (90 days)?

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#266Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/11/22 at 9:01am

It does feel like this show is one or two more cases away from having to cancel. 11 actors were out yesterday and I'd assume today as well.

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#267Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/11/22 at 9:03am

The fact that there are still people attributing covid cases on Broadway to the lack of a mask mandate is, quite frankly, comical, at this point.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#268Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/11/22 at 9:04am

I don’t know if this is morally ‘right’ or not but the UK has kind of moved on from the pandemic. And we sometimes joke that because of the vaccine the symptoms of a cold are worse than covid right now. When will be the time we just ‘move on’ in NYC and let the protocols for managing COVID infections be like other infections pre pandemic…or do we really need to continue this heavy-handed approach?  

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#269Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/11/22 at 9:23am

binau said: "I don’t know if this is morally ‘right’ or not but the UK has kind of moved on from the pandemic. And we sometimes joke that because of the vaccine the symptoms of a cold are worse than covid right now. When will be the time we just ‘move on’ in NYC and let the protocols for managing COVID infections be like other infections pre pandemic…or do we really need to continue this heavy-handed approach?"

Unfortunately, I wouldn't hold my breath for it happening anytime soon. Apparently unvaccinated kids in NYC still aren't allowed to play varsity sports.

Updated On: 9/11/22 at 09:23 AM

Kimbo
#270Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/11/22 at 9:53am

BroadwayRox3588 said: "binau said: "I don’t know if this is morally ‘right’ or not but the UK has kind of moved on from the pandemic. And we sometimes joke that because of the vaccine the symptoms of a cold are worse than covid right now. When will be the time we just ‘move on’ in NYC and let the protocols for managing COVID infections be like other infections pre pandemic…or do we really need to continue this heavy-handed approach?"

Unfortunately, I wouldn't hold my breath for it happening anytime soon. Apparently unvaccinated kids in NYCstill aren't allowed to play varsity sports.
"

I actually think this is right; I DON’T believe unvaccinated children should be safely allowed to play sports, and I don’t think (and don’t expect) unvaccinated actors should be allowed to perform in a company on Broadway. (I’d be shocked if that mandate doesn’t extend/expand to the new Omicron booster before the winter season arrives, especially in light of this latest cast outbreak). 

Don’t wanna put words in binau’s mouth but I took it to mean he was saying, as the only business other than the medical industry that still has a zero-tolerance policy when it comes to Covid infections, when will BROADWAY move on from the current AEA rules necessitating this level of scrambling, absences, refunds, frustration, and confusion? Since nearly everyone’s been exposed by now, and assuming casts are vaccinated and safe from serious illness (much less of an “if” than it used to be), it’s no longer fair to the audiences, the producers, and at this point, maybe most of all, the swings, understudies, stage managers and other company members having to deal with this level of insanity whenever cast members, often asymptomatic, are diagnosed with Covid (that in some cases they might not otherwise even know about if not for the mandated testing). 

Updated On: 9/11/22 at 09:53 AM

binau Profile Photo
binau
#271Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/11/22 at 10:09am

Yes thank you by NYC I meant Broadway specifically. 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

Famebroadway2 Profile Photo
Famebroadway2
#272Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/11/22 at 11:18am

So she is out for my performance next Saturday and all regular priced tickets for the next few months are gone.  Does anyone know how long she is in the show for? I want to grab tix for Jan, but not sure if they ever announced an end date for her contract.  

Dark_Vader Profile Photo
Dark_Vader
#273Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/11/22 at 11:30am

Famebroadway2 said: "So she is out for my performance next Saturday and all regular priced tickets for the next few months are gone. Does anyone know how long she is in the show for? I want to grab tix for Jan, but not sure if they ever announced an end date for her contract."

I believe she is in the show for 6 months.

veronicamae Profile Photo
veronicamae
#274Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
Posted: 9/11/22 at 11:38am

Famebroadway2 said: "So she is out for my performance next Saturday and all regular priced tickets for the next few months are gone. Does anyone know how long she is in the show for? I want to grab tix for Jan, but not sure if they ever announced an end date for her contract."

A page or so earlier someone posted a screenshot from the ticket bot on the show's website which says she's in through March 2023. Go back and look/check their website to confirm.

Videos