pixeltracker

Julie Benko to star in Barry Manilow's HARMONY on Bway??

Julie Benko to star in Barry Manilow's HARMONY on Bway??

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#2Julie Benko to star in Barry Manilow's HARMONY on Bway??
Posted: 9/14/22 at 5:53pm

I can’t imagine this being successful on Broadway but good for Julie (if it’s true)!

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#3Julie Benko to star in Barry Manilow's HARMONY on Bway??
Posted: 9/14/22 at 5:59pm

Is Ruth a good part? I didn’t see it downtown but sounds like it’s very much a supporting part. Elisabeth Vincentelli complained that the part was underwritten off-Bway but had a good duet with Boggess.

Hamilfan2
#4Julie Benko to star in Barry Manilow's HARMONY on Bway??
Posted: 9/14/22 at 6:03pm

It’s a veeeeeery small role from what I remember.  It’s a pretty male dominated show, I don’t remember much about Ruth and tbh even Boggess’s character had a much smaller presence than I was expecting.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#5Julie Benko to star in Barry Manilow's HARMONY on Bway??
Posted: 9/14/22 at 6:20pm

I didn’t realize this had Broadway plans. Didn’t they already record a cast album?

BETTY22
#6Julie Benko to star in Barry Manilow's HARMONY on Bway??
Posted: 9/14/22 at 6:26pm

Julie's agent is brilliant. This is exactly what Julie should be doing after leaving Funny Girl.

An original musical that already has The New York Times seal of approval with a "CRITICS PIX." I think it also won the Drama Desk for Best Book.

pethian Profile Photo
pethian
#7Julie Benko to star in Barry Manilow's HARMONY on Bway??
Posted: 9/14/22 at 10:00pm

CATSNYrevival said: "I didn’t realize this had Broadway plans. Didn’t they already record a cast album?"

They apparently have. I saw an instagram post about a listening party they had recently for the cast.

BoringBoredBoard40
#8Julie Benko to star in Barry Manilow's HARMONY on Bway??
Posted: 9/15/22 at 4:25am

this would be foolish

mememe
#9Julie Benko to star in Barry Manilow's HARMONY on Bway??
Posted: 9/15/22 at 7:56am

BETTY22 said: "Julie's agent is brilliant. This is exactly what Julie should be doing after leaving Funny Girl.

An original musical that already has The New York Times seal of approval with a "CRITICS PIX."I think it also won the Drama Desk for Best Book.

"

I wouldn’t say that makes her agent brilliant. At this stage in her career, her agents will be submitting her for almost anything she’s right for on the Broadway scene or TV/Film.

Unless the agent personally lobbied the producers and Manilow to get her the role, this isn’t on the agent 

bk
#10Julie Benko to star in Barry Manilow's HARMONY on Bway??
Posted: 9/15/22 at 8:18am

I love that everyone believes Page Six gossip. Don't you think you'd have heard if Harmony were coming to B'way? 

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#11Julie Benko to star in Barry Manilow's HARMONY on Bway??
Posted: 9/15/22 at 9:54am

bk said: "I love that everyone believes Page Six gossip. Don't you think you'd have heard if Harmony were coming to B'way?"

It would be a bit bizarre to make up a rumor this specific.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
taragel2
#13Julie Benko to star in Barry Manilow's HARMONY on Bway??
Posted: 9/15/22 at 10:13am

A BRILLIANT agent would have gotten her a true lead/title character role. You can't get much more great press for being an understudy (who doesn't fully ascend) than she did, and that should have led to better opportunities (says this literary agent). She should be playing Manilow. 

Updated On: 9/15/22 at 10:13 AM

HenryTDobson Profile Photo
HenryTDobson
#14Julie Benko to star in Barry Manilow's HARMONY on Bway??
Posted: 9/15/22 at 10:24am

Strange career move, especially if the part is not that significant. 

BCfitasafiddle
#15Julie Benko to star in Barry Manilow's HARMONY on Bway??
Posted: 9/15/22 at 10:50am

Perhaps the role will be expanded if they're going back into workshops before a Broadway run? Regardless, it's good that Julie will have her own role and create something. 

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#16Julie Benko to star in Barry Manilow's HARMONY on Bway??
Posted: 9/15/22 at 12:36pm

Jessie Davidson who played Julie’s role off broadway was just announced as the new Vivian on the tour of Pretty Woman which runs until May 2023.

BCfitasafiddle
#17Julie Benko to star in Barry Manilow's HARMONY on Bway??
Posted: 9/15/22 at 12:53pm

For some reason I just assumed Julie was replacing Sierra Boggess. I stand corrected. Interesting.

SouthernCakes
#18Julie Benko to star in Barry Manilow's HARMONY on Bway??
Posted: 9/15/22 at 1:09pm

I mean she’s creating an original role in a new Broadway show. I’d say that’s significant. And maybe after Funny Girl she doesn’t want to be the “lead.” 

JSquared2
#19Julie Benko to star in Barry Manilow's HARMONY on Bway??
Posted: 9/15/22 at 1:22pm

Y'all are acting like she's going to be the next Mama Rose in GYPSY! She's playing a minor character in a developmental workshop for a musical that has been in "development" for over 25 years. It has no Broadway theatre, no dates, and the lead "producer" is Ken "PT Barnum" Davenport (who isn't known for his brilliant producing skills).  

BoringBoredBoard40
#20Julie Benko to star in Barry Manilow's HARMONY on Bway??
Posted: 9/15/22 at 1:33pm

She should fire her manager immediately 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#21Julie Benko to star in Barry Manilow's HARMONY on Bway??
Posted: 9/15/22 at 1:40pm

BoringBoredBoard40 said: "She should fire her manager immediately"

I was thinking, her manager is probably the one who leaked this. Lmao.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

TotallyEffed
#22Julie Benko to star in Barry Manilow's HARMONY on Bway??
Posted: 9/15/22 at 2:04pm

I’d like some of you to take a whack at being an actor or someone who represents actors in this industry. Apparently y’all have cracked the code on skyrocketing to fame.

It’s easy, right?

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#23Julie Benko to star in Barry Manilow's HARMONY on Bway??
Posted: 9/15/22 at 2:14pm

TotallyEffed said: "I’d like some of you to take a whack at being an actor or someone who represents actors in this industry. Apparently y’all have cracked the code on skyrocketing to fame.

It’s easy, right?"

Took Sofia Vergara almost 20 years of endless failed pilots and various levels of TV work to become an overnight sensation with MODERN FAMILY.  Most assumed her career started with that long running series.  Julie Benko is in her mid-30s and has been at this musical theater thing for over 10 plus years but most think she’s some 15 year old who just got her lucky break with FUNNY GIRL. 

TotallyEffed
#24Julie Benko to star in Barry Manilow's HARMONY on Bway??
Posted: 9/15/22 at 2:17pm

If it wasn’t clear, I was being sarcastic. :)

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#25Julie Benko to star in Barry Manilow's HARMONY on Bway??
Posted: 9/15/22 at 2:20pm

TotallyEffed said: "If it wasn’t clear, I was being sarcastic. :)"

Yes, we got that. I was just providing facts to enhance the statement. My follow up was in no way directed at you, as is clearly noticeable in my post which not at any time mentioned you.  cheeky