pixeltracker

Arielle Jacobs to lead HERE LIES LOVE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread- Page 9

Arielle Jacobs to lead HERE LIES LOVE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread

broadfan327
#200HERE LIES LOVE to transfer to Broadway in spring 2023?
Posted: 3/6/23 at 11:48pm

I stood the whole time downtown and don't remember being tired of standing.  I was enjoying the show too much.

pethian Profile Photo
pethian
#201HERE LIES LOVE to transfer to Broadway in spring 2023?
Posted: 3/7/23 at 12:28pm

I had forgotten that the show had two runs at the Public, the second. one, when I saw it,  being open-ended and it ran for 10 months. With that, its arrival on Broadway is still considered a new musical and not a revival? Wasn't Hedwig deemed a revival?

bdn223 Profile Photo
bdn223
#202HERE LIES LOVE to transfer to Broadway in spring 2023?
Posted: 3/7/23 at 12:55pm

pethian said: "I had forgotten that the show had two runs at the Public, the second. one, when I saw it, being open-ended and it ran for 10 months. With that, its arrival on Broadway is still considered a new musical and not a revival? Wasn't Hedwig deemed a revival?"

It will be considered a New Musical. Hedwig was considered a revival under the classics rule, "[for a production] to be a “classic” or in the historical or popular repertoire shall not be eligible for an Award in the Best Play or Best Musical category". Hedwig and the Angry Inch fell under the "popular repertoire" clause as between the closure of its original off-Broadway production in 2000 and 2014 Broadway premiere the rights were made available regionally, with countless productions. Here Lies Love never released its regional rights, with all subsequent productions after the original 2013 Off-Broadway run being some incarnation of that original production with nearly all of the original creative team intact. 

I know it may sound confusing, but I think a simply rule you can use to determine if a musical will be considered a New musical or revival is whether the show's regional rights were made easily available prior to its first Broadway production, as this is the case for Little Shop of HorrorsAssassinsRoger's and Hammerstein's Cinderella, and Hedwig and the Angry Inch. 

Plays on the other hand, I have no idea, what the line in the sand is as to what qualifies as ""popular repertoire".

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#203HERE LIES LOVE to transfer to Broadway in spring 2023?
Posted: 3/7/23 at 2:25pm

Construction has begun inside the Broadway Theatre auditorium!

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#204HERE LIES LOVE to transfer to Broadway in spring 2023?
Posted: 3/7/23 at 3:06pm

Per Alex Timbers Instagram story, the center orchestra seats are basically completely out

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#205HERE LIES LOVE to transfer to Broadway in spring 2023?
Posted: 3/7/23 at 3:12pm

Call_me_jorge said: "Per Alex Timbers Instagram story, the center orchestra seats are basically completely out"

makes sense if they are building out over the entire orchestra section.

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#206HERE LIES LOVE to transfer to Broadway in spring 2023?
Posted: 3/7/23 at 6:43pm

I wonder who will be playing the lead. Kind of odd it still isn’t announced. Maybe they are having trouble getting someone to commit?

Call_me_jorge
#207HERE LIES LOVE to transfer to Broadway in spring 2023?
Posted: 3/7/23 at 6:47pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Call_me_jorge said: "Per Alex Timbers Instagram story, the center orchestra seats are basically completely out"

makes sense if they are building out over the entire orchestra section.
"

Hahaha touché. I’m just shocked they were able to do this in less than half a day! 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

MimiChika
#209HERE LIES LOVE to transfer to Broadway in spring 2023?
Posted: 3/8/23 at 6:34pm

Rumor online is that Arielle Jacobs is our Imelda Marcos 

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
#210HERE LIES LOVE to transfer to Broadway in spring 2023?
Posted: 3/8/23 at 7:19pm

MimiChika said: "Rumor online is that Arielle Jacobs is our Imelda Marcos"

Oh dear …

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#211HERE LIES LOVE to transfer to Broadway in spring 2023?
Posted: 3/8/23 at 8:04pm

TaffyDavenport said: "https://twitter.com/HereLiesLoveBwy/status/1633204469717409794"

Regardless of how good this show might end up being, having no seats in the orchestra area will alienate the older crowd(that has money).

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Call_me_jorge
#212HERE LIES LOVE to transfer to Broadway in spring 2023?
Posted: 3/8/23 at 8:27pm

WldKingdomHM said: "MimiChika said: "Rumor online is that Arielle Jacobs is our Imelda Marcos"

Oh dear …
"

Is there a reason you’re hesitant about Arielle?

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#213HERE LIES LOVE to transfer to Broadway in spring 2023?
Posted: 3/8/23 at 8:52pm

She didn’t get the most glowing reviews in Aladdin. 

and that’s cool though! I hope this show is a success and we can get more crazy things on Broadway 

Call_me_jorge
#214HERE LIES LOVE to transfer to Broadway in spring 2023?
Posted: 3/8/23 at 9:22pm

Didn’t she get good reviews for Between the Lines?

chrishuyen
#215HERE LIES LOVE to transfer to Broadway in spring 2023?
Posted: 3/8/23 at 9:46pm

Personally, I liked her better than Courtney Reed in Aladdin and thought she was excellent in Between the Lines. Would be very curious to see how she does in this if the rumor is true. 

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#216HERE LIES LOVE to transfer to Broadway in spring 2023?
Posted: 3/8/23 at 9:52pm

MimiChika said: "Rumor online is that Arielle Jacobs is our Imelda Marcos"

Source?

Scarlet Leigh Profile Photo
Scarlet Leigh
#217HERE LIES LOVE to transfer to Broadway in spring 2023?
Posted: 3/8/23 at 9:56pm

ACL2006 said: "TaffyDavenport said: "https://twitter.com/HereLiesLoveBwy/status/1633204469717409794"

Regardless of how good this show might end up being, having no seats in the orchestra area will alienate the older crowd(that has money).
"

Yeah, seeing that they are talking out the BULK of the downstairs makes me I'm very concerned over accessibility and affordability for those with mobility issues. My friend is not old but had knee surgery a few years ago after a bad fall and both can't really do stairs but also can't stand for 3 hours. So a limited number of seats will likely place an insane overinflated price on them and that just seems unfair that if you have mobility issues, you have to pay for a "premium" priced seat and/or fight for likely a VERY limited number of true accessibility seats that someone else likely needs more than him.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#218HERE LIES LOVE to transfer to Broadway in spring 2023?
Posted: 3/8/23 at 10:09pm

Have you looked at the photos? There are plenty of seats on either side of the stage and on one full side of the theater. I think people with mobility issues/older folks will have plenty of options. If they don't, then the producers are missing out on tons of money. 

BroadwayBen
#219HERE LIES LOVE to transfer to Broadway in spring 2023?
Posted: 3/8/23 at 10:11pm

Didn't they take the seats out of The Broadway when they did the Hal Prince Candide?  Or was that another theater?

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#220HERE LIES LOVE to transfer to Broadway in spring 2023?
Posted: 3/8/23 at 10:14pm

Jacobs is an inspired choice if true. Such a gorgeous voice. 

Oh look, a bibu!

pethian Profile Photo
pethian
#221HERE LIES LOVE to transfer to Broadway in spring 2023?
Posted: 3/8/23 at 10:48pm

BroadwayBen said: "Didn't they take the seats out of The Broadway when they did the Hal Prince Candide? Or was that another theater?"

Yes, it was for CANDIDE. They took out the seats on the orchestra level and created several platforms connected by ramps which served as the primary performance areas. The audience on that level was seated  in the midst of the action on wooden stools and on bleachers. There was conventional seating upstairs.

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#222HERE LIES LOVE to transfer to Broadway in spring 2023?
Posted: 3/8/23 at 11:01pm

ACL2006 said: "Regardless of how good this show might end up being, having no seats in the orchestra area will alienate the older crowd(that has money)."

My assumption is that the Premium-priced seats will be in the raised "floorside" section and front mezz, with standing floorside locations a little cheaper. And based on initial interest in the various locations, prices could be adjusted accordingly.

As for the accessibility situation in question, they will of course be required to maintain enough ADA seat locations on the floor or in an accessible area. All that would be addressed & approved prior to build, along with any fire code concerns.

This is def one of those shows where I'll probably want to wait at least a week or two to see it, just because there will be greater obstacles than your average Broadway show beginning previews in a new space.

Scarlet Leigh Profile Photo
Scarlet Leigh
#223HERE LIES LOVE to transfer to Broadway in spring 2023?
Posted: 3/8/23 at 11:07pm

Sutton Ross said: "Have you looked at the photos? There are plenty of seats on either side of the stage and on one full side of the theater. I think people with mobility issues/older folks will have plenty of options. If they don't, then the producers are missing out on tons of money."

I did but considering that the first picture I saw had only the center seats removed but then the second one added half of the house left section as well, there is no telling how many seats they will have removed before they are completed. And I highly doubt that for aesthetic purposes that they will leave house right in full when house left if cut in half. So I think at best we are looking at half of house left and half of house right for downstairs seating.

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#224HERE LIES LOVE to transfer to Broadway in spring 2023?
Posted: 3/9/23 at 12:39am

There’s an honest discussion to be had about accessibility in theatre, but with that comes the expectation that not every situation (meaning location) is accessible. This show will follow all protocols as per all theatres, and they will provide the resources as necessary. Completely get the frustration for planning! 

Videos