pixeltracker

COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread- Page 4

COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#75COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/27/23 at 7:19pm

OhHiii said: "Simard, I hear, is attached to an upcoming new musical that'll be out of town this fall."

Knock twice if it's an adaptation of a Robert Zemeckis movie. (And I'm not talking about Back to the Future.)

SouthernCakes
#76COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/27/23 at 10:11pm

Bill Snibson said: "Betty Buckley is far too old for Joanne (she reads much older then LuPone). I'd love to see Nikki Rene get this part but even if Jeff joined too I'm not fully convinced these are reasons enough to pull your kids from their schools, routines, lives etc."

Rules are different on the road. I don’t think this needs a marquee name to sell. But Rene does have season 3 of Girls5Eva that will be on Netflix.

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#77COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/28/23 at 6:48am

SouthernCakes said: "Bill Snibson said: "Betty Buckley is far too old for Joanne (she reads much older then LuPone). I'd love to see Nikki Rene get this part but even if Jeff joined too I'm not fully convinced these are reasons enough to pull your kids from their schools, routines, lives etc."

Rules are different on the road. I don’t think this needs a marquee name to sell. But Rene does have season 3 of Girls5Eva that will be on Netflix.
"

Yeah…you’re mistaking two women of color for the other. Nikki Renee Daniels was the Bobbie cover in the recent revival and Renée Elise Goldsberry is in Girls5Eva. Ciara Renée is another one that might throw ya. 

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.
Updated On: 1/28/23 at 06:48 AM

BJR Profile Photo
BJR
#78COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/28/23 at 7:47am

I also wouldn't be surprised if Joanne on the tour was a TV actor. It's such a plum role.

SouthernCakes
#79COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/28/23 at 10:34am

GiantsInTheSky2 said: "SouthernCakes said: "Bill Snibson said: "Betty Buckley is far too old for Joanne (she reads much older then LuPone). I'd love to see Nikki Rene get this part but even if Jeff joined too I'm not fully convinced these are reasons enough to pull your kids from their schools, routines, lives etc."

"

Yeah…you’re mistaking two women of color for the other. Nikki Renee Daniels was the Bobbie cover in the recent revival and Renée Elise Goldsberry is in Girls5Eva. Ciara Renée is another one that might throw ya.
"

Damn. It’s the Rene part. Well my bad, ignore my comment legit thought those were the same actress. But then ya I could see her touring with it. 

BroadwayJeffrey
#80COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/30/23 at 4:51am

I’m surprized I’m not reading a lot of casting ideas, or desires…theories? Would love them to back up the Brinx truck to get Christine Ebersole, or even Jennifer Holiday as Joannne , I think there needs to be one big name….?

Updated On: 1/30/23 at 04:51 AM

JSquared2
#81COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/30/23 at 1:45pm

GiantsInTheSky2 said: "SouthernCakes said: "Bill Snibson said: "Betty Buckley is far too old for Joanne (she reads much older then LuPone). I'd love to see Nikki Rene get this part but even if Jeff joined too I'm not fully convinced these are reasons enough to pull your kids from their schools, routines, lives etc."

"

"

And let's not forget Tony Award winner Nikki M James -- the original Nabulungi in BOOK OF MORMON!

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#82COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/30/23 at 2:22pm

JSquared2 said: "GiantsInTheSky2 said: "SouthernCakes said: "Bill Snibson said: "Betty Buckley is far too old for Joanne (she reads much older then LuPone). I'd love to see Nikki Rene get this part but even if Jeff joined too I'm not fully convinced these are reasons enough to pull your kids from their schools, routines, lives etc."

"

"

And let's not forget Tony Award winner Nikki M James -- the originalNabulungi inBOOK OF MORMON!
"

Nikki M. James is going to be in the new Daredevil show on Disney+.

But ooh, I think the idea of Ciara Renee! 

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

Bill Snibson Profile Photo
Bill Snibson
#83COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/30/23 at 2:29pm

Tour casting is just such a different beast. Broadway names really don't do anything for box office across the country and only cost production a larger salary. Looking at all the current tours out right now, the biggest "names" are Richard Thomas in TKAM, Norm Lewis in Soldiers Play, and Adam Pascal in Pretty Woman just for some comparison.  

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#84COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/30/23 at 4:55pm

Bill Snibson said: "Tour casting is just such a different beast. Broadway names really don't do anything for box office across the country and only cost production a larger salary. Looking at all the current tours out right now, the biggest "names" are Richard Thomas in TKAM, Norm Lewis in Soldiers Play, and Adam Pascal in Pretty Woman just for some comparison."

And IMO, some of those names aren't selling the show. I saw both TKAM and A Soldiers Play on tour and literally no one in my 5-6 seat radius knew who Richard Thomas was by name (a few people saw him when he came on stage and were like "oh yeah him from that show"COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread, and there was literally no one sitting in my 5-6 seat radius at A Soldiers Play.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

Bill Snibson Profile Photo
Bill Snibson
#85COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/30/23 at 5:00pm

My point exactly. No one knows any of these names. The Company tour will be banking on being part of a subscription series. It will be the one artsy show surrounded by things like Moulin Rouge and MJ etc. 

JasonC3
#86COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/30/23 at 5:46pm

I agree that these names aren't selling lots of seats, but the notoriety of some of them might attract more media attention before or during actual performances.  That coverage might help with general local awareness and contribute to sales a bit ... a bit.

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#87COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 4/27/23 at 9:12am

We may find out our Bobbie soon, if the social media teases are a sign!

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#88COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 4/27/23 at 9:19am

jacobsnchz14 said: "We may find out our Bobbie soon, if the social media teases are a sign!"

Hoping it’s Jessica Vosk! 

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#89COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 4/27/23 at 9:20am

I would LOVE to see Teal Wicks do the tour as Bobbie.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#90COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 4/27/23 at 9:21am

Katie Finneran could make for a great Joanne, a more sophisticated version of Marge from PROMISES, PROMISES. Plus, she is only doing the Thanksgiving Play through mid-June

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#91COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 4/27/23 at 9:33am

steven22 said: "jacobsnchz14 said: "We may find out our Bobbie soon, if the social media teases are a sign!"

"

It unfortunately will not be. I went to one of her concerts and mentioned she needs to be Bobbie in the Company tour and she replied that the tour is too cheap and can’t afford her. Which does make me at least think conversations were had. It’s too bad, she would have been fantastic.

Updated On: 4/27/23 at 09:33 AM

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#92COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 4/27/23 at 9:40am

This probably won't happen, but I would love it if Laura Benanti would be Bobbie!

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

PipingHotPiccolo
#93COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 4/27/23 at 9:59am

n2nbaby said: "steven22 said: "jacobsnchz14 said: "We may find out our Bobbie soon, if the social media teases are a sign!"

"

It unfortunately will not be. I went to one of her concerts and mentioned she needs to be Bobbie in the Company tour and she replied that the tour is too cheap and can’t afford her. Which does make me at least think conversations were had. It’s too bad, she would have been fantastic.

"

What an absolutely gross thing of her to say, given that someone WILL be cast in this show. Unless she said it to you rather privately, in which case, id take this down. What a horrible look.

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#94COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 4/27/23 at 10:05am

PipingHotPiccolo said: "n2nbaby said: "steven22 said: "jacobsnchz14 said: "We may find out our Bobbie soon, if the social media teases are a sign!"

"

"

What an absolutely gross thing of her to say, given that someone WILL be cast in this show. Unless she said it to you rather privately, in which case, id take this down. What a horrible look.
"

It was said at a meet and greet, with people all around so I wouldn’t say it was exactly a “private conversation.” However, I did not take it as a “gross” comment, just someone who knows their worth. And as we know, the pay scale for tours is not great. That doesn’t belittle whatever actress actually takes the role.

KJisgroovy Profile Photo
KJisgroovy
#95COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 4/27/23 at 10:09am

Or she was just joking and both of you are taking things really seriously. That's like. Another option. 

Jesus saves. I spend.

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#96COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 4/27/23 at 10:15am

KJisgroovy said: "Or she was just joking and both of you are taking things really seriously. That's like. Another option."

lol not at all sure what that sass was about, but BWW at its finest. She was clearly not kidding and also said how much she would have loved to play the role. 

Updated On: 4/27/23 at 10:15 AM

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#97COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 4/27/23 at 10:30am

Y’all really do think she’s just gonna lay it all out there for you just because you bought a ticket to her concert huh. 

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#98COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 4/27/23 at 10:36am

There was a part of a show where she asked the audience what Broadway tours they were excited for. I said “COMPANY WITH YOU AS BOBBIE!” And she rolled her eyes and she made a comment about emotional damage and her therapist and said “next!”

I genuinely felt bad, so during the meet and greet I apologized and that was when she said what she said. And as far as I know she’s pretty outspoken in general. 

heybaby
#99COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 4/27/23 at 10:58am

PipingHotPiccolo said: "n2nbaby said: "steven22 said: "jacobsnchz14 said: "We may find out our Bobbie soon, if the social media teases are a sign!"

"

"

"

Well, if you saw that heinous video she posted of her attacking a woman on the sidewalk for not wearing a mask, you'd know Vosk has questionable judgement.