pixeltracker

REVEALED: Seyfried & Wood workshopping THELMA & LOUISE musical

REVEALED: Seyfried & Wood workshopping THELMA & LOUISE musical

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#1REVEALED: Seyfried & Wood workshopping THELMA & LOUISE musical
Posted: 1/10/23 at 10:35pm

On the Golden Globes, Amanda Seyfried won an award and was not in attendance to accept. They announced she was unable to attend because she was "working on a musical"...?

Updated On: 1/13/23 at 10:35 PM

BoringBoredBoard40
#2Amanda Seyfried musical project?
Posted: 1/10/23 at 10:39pm

she must be involved with New York New York somehow 

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#3Amanda Seyfried musical project?
Posted: 1/10/23 at 10:43pm

What if it's the Cabaret revival...! 

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#4Amanda Seyfried musical project?
Posted: 1/10/23 at 10:45pm

BoringBoredBoard40 said: "she must be involved with New York New York somehow"?

Really? She would sell tickets hopefully she's the female lead and when are they announcing the cast?

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

jacobsnchz14
#5Amanda Seyfried musical project?
Posted: 1/10/23 at 10:47pm

Valentina3 said: "What if it's the Cabaret revival...!"

She wouldn't be working on an unannounced production this week to not be at the awards, though. I think NY, NY starts rehearsal at the end of the month. 

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#6Amanda Seyfried musical project?
Posted: 1/10/23 at 10:52pm

Once again, the female lead in New York, New York is Black.

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#7Amanda Seyfried musical project?
Posted: 1/10/23 at 10:56pm

Mamma Mia 3 has been rumored so strongly this past month, it could be preproduction on that.

ElephantLoveMedley
#8Amanda Seyfried musical project?
Posted: 1/10/23 at 11:05pm

Any chance it's related to the Mean Girls movie musical? Personally hoping Amanda would pick a better project than that, but just thinking of all the options here.

pmensky
#9Amanda Seyfried musical project?
Posted: 1/10/23 at 11:09pm

ElephantLoveMedley said: "Any chance it's related to theMean Girlsmovie musical? Personally hoping Amanda would pick a better project than that, but just thinking of all the options here."

This makes the most sense. Both Cabaret and New York, NY would not be a good fit for her voice and range. 

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#10Amanda Seyfried musical project?
Posted: 1/10/23 at 11:09pm

Whatever it is, the project must put out a press release tomorrow or they're idiots.

BoringBoredBoard40
#11Amanda Seyfried musical project?
Posted: 1/10/23 at 11:32pm

TaffyDavenport said: "Once again, the female lead in New York, New York is Black."

i never said THE LEAD

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#12Amanda Seyfried musical project?
Posted: 1/10/23 at 11:43pm

BoringBoredBoard40 said: "TaffyDavenport said: "Once again, the female lead in New York, New York is Black."

i never said THE LEAD
"

You didn't, but someone else did.

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#13Amanda Seyfried musical project?
Posted: 1/10/23 at 11:43pm

The language specified "new musical."

VernonGersch Profile Photo
VernonGersch
#14Amanda Seyfried musical project?
Posted: 1/10/23 at 11:44pm

if Amanda is in NYNY sign me up

SpookyFish13
#15Amanda Seyfried musical project?
Posted: 1/10/23 at 11:51pm

ElephantLoveMedley said: "Any chance it's related to theMean Girlsmovie musical? Personally hoping Amanda would pick a better project than that, but just thinking of all the options here."

This would make total sense! She would make a fantastic Mrs Norbury or even Mrs George!! It would be so cool to see some of the OG movie cast appear in the musical adaptation! 

BoringBoredBoard40
#16Amanda Seyfried musical project?
Posted: 1/11/23 at 1:12am

its not Mean Girls

SondheimTesori
#17Amanda Seyfried musical project?
Posted: 1/11/23 at 1:38am

Daisy in the new  Great Gatsby musical (written by Majok and Florence Welch) ? 

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#18Amanda Seyfried musical project?
Posted: 1/11/23 at 9:24am

SondheimTesori said: "Daisy in the new Great Gatsby musical (written by Majok and Florence Welch) ?"

Oh this actually makes a lot of sense.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

jacobsnchz14
#19Amanda Seyfried musical project?
Posted: 1/11/23 at 11:17am

Amanda Seyfried via Instagram: "I'm in New York and I had to miss [the Golden Globes] because I am working on something that is magic. And it's a musical. So I'm finally getting to do something I've never really done and it's been fun and that's all I can really say. Hopefully more soon."

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#20Amanda Seyfried musical project?
Posted: 1/11/23 at 11:36am

jacobsnchz14 said: "Amanda Seyfried via Instagram: "I'm in New York and I had to miss [the Golden Globes] because I am working on something that is magic. And it's a musical. So I'm finally getting to do something I've never really done and it's been fun and that's all I can really say. Hopefully more soon.""

https://instagram.com/stories/mingey/3013116006250958719?igshid=NDk5N2NlZjQ=

Ke3
#21Amanda Seyfried musical project?
Posted: 1/11/23 at 12:02pm

well then it has to be a stage project because she's done three film musicals at this point. which makes sense because last year (year before?) I remember an interview where she said she'd been working extensively with a vocal coach to improve what she felt were certain deficiencies she hadn't been able to really work on before.

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#22Amanda Seyfried musical project?
Posted: 1/11/23 at 12:06pm

I'm just glad that she did confirm what they said last. Because it was hysterical that the Globes desperate needed to say exactly where the no-shows were instead, "they skipped out because just being here still feels uncomfortable."

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

Robbie516
#23Amanda Seyfried musical project?
Posted: 1/11/23 at 1:27pm

Do u think this will be a show for this season or next?

jacobsnchz14
#24Amanda Seyfried musical project?
Posted: 1/11/23 at 1:35pm

Back to the Future and Once Upon A One More Time are confirmed musicals for next season. 

bdn223 Profile Photo
bdn223
#25Amanda Seyfried musical project?
Posted: 1/11/23 at 1:59pm

jacobsnchz14 said: "Back to the Future and Once Upon A One More Time are confirmed musicals for next season."

Didn't Amanda make a comment about Once Upon a One More Time at one point? While I assume Britney's name alone should be the selling point she could possibly be playing Cinderella? I have to imagine that show is being heavily revised pre-broadway so it would theoretically make sense she might be in some small workshops testing out revisions?

If it were a show opening this season I am sure her name would already be plastered on the marquee by now, as while she is no Hugh Jackman, her name will definitely help sell tickets. But for her to miss the Globes because she's working on it and not being to say what it is I have to assume its a show that's in the workshop or heavily revised stages of development with planned staging sometime in the not too distant future. They fact that we still don't have an announcement about what it is today, despite the free publicity it would get makes me think its something in much earlier stages of development though. 

Videos