Where is Sherie Rene Scott?

WigWerk
#1Where is Sherie Rene Scott?
Posted: 3/4/23 at 7:13pm

Being trying to find more clips from Everyday Rapture and just reminding myself how brilliant this woman is. Can we get her in a Broadway musical again soon? It's long overdue. 

berniesb!tch
#2Where is Sherie Rene Scott?
Posted: 3/4/23 at 7:47pm

She did The Nance (I believe?) a few years ago but I could not agree more. I listen to her in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and Women on the verge almost every day, as well as all her other stuff. 

She’d make an excellent Kimberly akimbo and as I think that, I’m mad that it isn’t real. 

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#3Where is Sherie Rene Scott?
Posted: 3/4/23 at 8:01pm

I worship her.

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#4Where is Sherie Rene Scott?
Posted: 3/4/23 at 8:28pm

berniesb!tch said: "She did The Nance (I believe?) a few years ago but I could not agree more. I listen to her in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and Women on the verge almost every day, as well as all her other stuff.

She’d make an excellent Kimberly akimbo and as I think that, I’m mad that it isn’t real.
"

She wasn’t in The Nance - that was Cady Huffman.

She’s mostly stuck to smaller roles/plays and her own writing. Her most recent stage credits were The Front Page (2017) and The Portuguese Kid (2018 - available on streaming)

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#5Where is Sherie Rene Scott?
Posted: 3/4/23 at 8:37pm

I agree she is wonderful! But stage work is rough and this business is rough, so don't blame her for taking the time to focus on herself and her life and her family. 

Owen22
#6Where is Sherie Rene Scott?
Posted: 3/4/23 at 8:40pm

I remember she didn't seem quite up to Women On the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown, the last time I think I saw her on stage. Was The Nance after that?

JanMaxwellsBag Profile Photo
JanMaxwellsBag
#7Where is Sherie Rene Scott?
Posted: 3/4/23 at 11:04pm

Sherie is my queen, and probably the hipster choice in the Battle of the Early-Aughts Broadway Stars. She showed up as a judge on the final season of The Good Fight last year and was quite hilarious. I would love it if she got to belt it out again in a musical comedy!

Did anyone get to see her 54 Below show with Norbert Leo Butz? I remember reading that apparently it dealt with tension in their relationship, which seemed interesting. 

I could use a prince to save me from my prince.
Updated On: 3/4/23 at 11:04 PM

berniesb!tch
#8Where is Sherie Rene Scott?
Posted: 3/5/23 at 12:14am

quizking101 said: "berniesb!tch said: "She did The Nance (I believe?) a few years ago but I could not agree more. I listen to her in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and Women on the verge almost every day, as well as all her other stuff.

"

She wasn’t in The Nance - that was Cady Huffman.

She’s mostly stuck to smaller roles/plays and her own writing. Her most recent stage credits were The Front Page (2017) and The Portuguese Kid (2018 - available on streaming)
"

yes, I was thinking of The Front Page! Thanks for the correction 

Musicaldudepeter
#9Where is Sherie Rene Scott?
Posted: 3/5/23 at 7:43am

She had a rough time with some of her shows. Little Mermaid was a disaster and then Women on the Verge flopped with her as the lead. She didn't seem to get along with Patti LuPone or Laura Benanti and blamed Sher and the creative team for spending too much time making all the other cast members look good and not fixing the fundamental problems with the show and her role or something to that degree... I don't think she likes being part of a big commercial musical machine. She's fantastic on stage, I love her, and wish she'd do more. 

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#10Where is Sherie Rene Scott?
Posted: 3/5/23 at 10:08am

She’s so damn funny offstage too. Her Mermaid backstage interview killed me and years later she appeared on Sierra Boggess’ Phantom vlog and she was still talking about that show like, “what the f*ck was that?” I want her back in the Broadway scene for both her performance and personality.

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

JanMaxwellsBag Profile Photo
JanMaxwellsBag
#11Where is Sherie Rene Scott?
Posted: 3/5/23 at 10:51am

GiantsInTheSky2 said: "She’s so damn funny offstage too. Her Mermaid backstage interview killed me and years later she appeared on Sierra Boggess’ Phantom vlog and she was still talking about that show like, “what the f*ck was that?” I want her back in the Broadway scene for both her performance and personality."

I used to have that Mermaid video memorized! 

I could use a prince to save me from my prince.
Updated On: 3/5/23 at 10:51 AM

ElphabaGoodman
#12Where is Sherie Rene Scott?
Posted: 3/5/23 at 11:26am

She participated in developmental readings of A BEAUTIFUL NOISE, in the role now played by Robyn Hurder. Perhaps the role was not interesting enough for her to commit to for a long run.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#13Where is Sherie Rene Scott?
Posted: 3/5/23 at 12:11pm

What I wouldn’t have given to see her as The Witch in “Woods”. 

TheOnlyOne2
#14Where is Sherie Rene Scott?
Posted: 3/5/23 at 1:29pm

Musicaldudepeter said: "She had a rough time with some of her shows. Little Mermaid was a disaster ."

Is there an interview I could read where she talks about her time in little mermaid?

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#15Where is Sherie Rene Scott?
Posted: 3/5/23 at 1:32pm

Jordan Catalano said: "What I wouldn’t have given to see her as The Witch in “Woods”."

I think she'd be great in Passion too.

Jordan Catalano
#16Where is Sherie Rene Scott?
Posted: 3/5/23 at 1:34pm

There’s a lot of Sondheim she should be doing. 

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
NOWaWarning
#17Where is Sherie Rene Scott?
Posted: 3/5/23 at 1:50pm

Jordan Catalano said: "What I wouldn’t have given to see her as The Witch in “Woods”."

Well now that’s going to be all I think about for the rest of the day! Also her Joanne would be unreal. And her Phyllis. And her Desiree. And her Mayoress. And her Dot would have been something. She’d also make for a fascinating Lovett. Okay, I need to go lay down.

TotallyEffed
#18Where is Sherie Rene Scott?
Posted: 3/5/23 at 1:58pm

This thread is making me miss her so much. She is divine!

aburnedhill
#19Where is Sherie Rene Scott?
Posted: 3/5/23 at 2:11pm

Sherie just interprets and performs in a way where things come so naturally to her. Hard agree on the Sondheim. I would actually be SO much more interested in her Sally than her Phyllis. Too Many Mornings?? BYE!

Jordan Catalano
#20Where is Sherie Rene Scott?
Posted: 3/5/23 at 2:54pm

Immediately after posting, I thought how badly I want to see her as Desiree. 

Updated On: 3/5/23 at 02:54 PM

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#21Where is Sherie Rene Scott?
Posted: 3/5/23 at 2:58pm

I absolutely love Sherie Rene Scott. I would LOVE to see her come back to Broadway.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#22Where is Sherie Rene Scott?
Posted: 3/5/23 at 3:01pm

Scott has been busy elsewhere. Broadway isn’t the exclusive be all for everyone.

She has a reoccurring role on the Amazon series HARLEM and is the female lead in the upcoming indie film A RAMBLE TOWARDS RAIN.

Where is Sherie Rene Scott?

TotallyEffed
#23Where is Sherie Rene Scott?
Posted: 3/5/23 at 3:19pm

She would have been an incredible Elphaba as well. Her voice has an almost otherworldly loveliness to it. Her Cathy is absolutely definitive.

The Witch, Mama Rose, Diana…..

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#24Where is Sherie Rene Scott?
Posted: 3/6/23 at 8:46am

Whatever happened to that play she was writing/developing about a bunch of prisoners writing plays?

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#25Where is Sherie Rene Scott?
Posted: 3/6/23 at 9:26am

fashionguru_23 said: "Whatever happened to that play she was writing/developing about a bunch of prisoners writing plays?"

WHORL INSIDE A LOOP ran at Second Stage in 2015

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

Latest Posts

Videos