pixeltracker

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024; Broadway in the fall- Page 3

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024; Broadway in the fall

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#50Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 9/7/23 at 11:48am

She's had an interesting career, so it's exciting to see her back on stage. 

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#51Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 9/7/23 at 12:41pm

Hilty and Simard are going to be HILARIOUS, no matter what the writing is like. (Am I the only one who thought they would be playing the opposite roles? Jen seems more like a Madeline, and Hilty has more of that Goldie Hawn effervescence to me.)

It's smart to hold off on announcing Scherzinger, her Broadway debut has been rumored for years and this would be a great role for a splashy start and potential Best Supporting Actress buzz. 

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#52Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 9/9/23 at 5:25pm

I just finished watching the film for the first time. What an amazing and campy film! I have to say that I am wildly intrigued to see how this will translate to the stage as a musical. I think the casting they have in place so far is absolutely perfect, though.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#53Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 9/9/23 at 8:13pm

bwayphreak234 said: "I just finished watching the film for the first time. What an amazing and campy film! I have to say that I am wildly intrigued to see how this will translate to the stage as a musical. I think the casting they have in place so far is absolutely perfect, though."

YAY! Also... now that you've seen it... The fact that there is an illusionist on the creative team for the musical... I just NEED to know how and what in the world...! haha.

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#54Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 9/9/23 at 9:00pm

It will be undoubtedly the best musical ever adapted from a Tales from the Crypt property. (I don’t think that’s a Venn diagram of one, but I can’t recall what the other is.)

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#55Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 9/10/23 at 12:11pm

Really have to give the production major props for launching a marketing campaign that has gotten people talking about and excited for a show that won’t even be happening for a while. That’s how you do it. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#56Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 9/11/23 at 2:53pm

I think this could be the property that actually nets Simard a Tony. The woman is a genius and I'm not using that term lightly. She elevates any material she is given. Her Ernestina stopped the show in Hello Dolly. She was wildly hysterical. A feat that Alli Mauzey could not duplicate once Simard left. 

I plan to go in Chicago. I liked The Cher Show better in Chicago before the changes. They ruined it for Broadway. I want to see the show in its original form with all the extra messy bits which will likely be hysterical. 

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

broadwayboy223
#57Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 9/11/23 at 3:50pm

Brave Sir Robin2 said: "Hilty and Simard are going to be HILARIOUS, no matter what the writing is like. (Am I the only one who thought they would be playing the opposite roles? Jen seems more like a Madeline, and Hilty has more of that Goldie Hawn effervescence to me.)

It's smart to hold off on announcing Scherzinger, her Broadway debut has been rumored for years and this would be a great role for a splashy start and potential Best Supporting Actress buzz.
"

From what I understand, Nicole is no longer attached. She is busy at work on the minimalist Sunset Blvd with Jamie Llyod. 

Plannietink08 Profile Photo
Plannietink08
#58Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 9/11/23 at 4:21pm

broadwayboy223 said: 

From what I understand, Nicole is no longer attached. She is busy at work on the minimalist Sunset Blvd with Jamie Llyod."

Sunset will be closed before this begins. It’s very easy for her to do both, especially since her role in DBH will be featured instead of lead. 

"Charlotte, we're Jewish"

broadwayboy223
#59Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 9/11/23 at 4:31pm

Okay but her role was also played with someone else at the most recent lab (within the last few months). Maybe she'd come back for the possible Broadway run but I wouldn't bank on it. 

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#60Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 9/11/23 at 5:34pm

Is there a date tickets go on sale? I’ve looked but just couldn’t find anything. 

BalconyClub Profile Photo
BalconyClub
#61Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 9/11/23 at 8:47pm

Jordan,
Subscription renewals for the Winter-Spring 2024 “Broadway in Chicago” series are due October 1, 2023. The six shows include Death Becomes Her.

Balcony Club seats for the slate of 6 shows run $150-$180 on weeknights.

Then, there are usually a few weeks after that when any last minute NEW subscriptions are due.

I can only speculate and venture a guess of single tickets going on sale in the 4th quarter of 2023.

Updated On: 9/12/23 at 08:47 PM

RunnyBabbit
#62Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 9/11/23 at 9:46pm

Updated On: 9/20/23 at 09:46 PM

Jordan Catalano
#63Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 9/11/23 at 10:02pm

Thx, balconyclub. Anxiously clutching my Amex waiting to fork it over lol

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#64Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 9/12/23 at 12:26am

broadwayboy223 said: "Okay but her role was also played with someone else at the most recent lab (within the last few months). Maybe she'd come back for the possible Broadway run but I wouldn't bank on it."

Maybe you’ve missed it, but she’s been in preparations for the Sunset Blvd production in the UK. 

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

Jordan Catalano
#65Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 9/21/23 at 6:36pm

Asked Nicole about this tonight. She said she's been asked to do it but (her words) "I'm not sure what my schedule with this show will be", and I was all "OH?" and she  laughed and was like "Y'know". So will "Sunset" have a life after this West End run? We shall see..

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#66Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 9/21/23 at 8:23pm

Jordan Catalano said: "Asked Nicole about this tonight. She said she's been asked to do it but (her words) "I'm not sure what my schedule with this show will be", and I was all "OH?" and she laughed and was like "Y'know". So will "Sunset" have a life after this West End run? We shall see.."

You’re a hero for this. 

Jordan Catalano
#67Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 9/21/23 at 8:24pm

LOL I told y’all I’d ask her! Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#68Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 9/22/23 at 10:54am

For what it’s worth, the Instagram account started following Alyssa Fox(they had only followed Jenn Simard and Megan Hilty previously). 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

OhHiii
#69Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 9/22/23 at 11:45am

You can definitely imagine ALW wanting his music back on Broadway and Sunset seems just the vehicle to do it to breathe new life into how he's represented here. After how much he was raked over the coals for Bad Cinderella, you have to believe he's desperate for a critical smash. 

Nicole's involvement with Death Becomes Her is definitely contingent on if it transfers. The weighing of a supporting role against being the leading lady would be an easy choice for her.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#70Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 9/22/23 at 11:54am

Didn’t she pull out of the Broadway transfer of the Cats revival because she wouldn’t be given over the title billing?

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

JasonC3
#71Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 9/22/23 at 11:55am

Someone on the UK board who seems to like breaking supposed confirmed news posted today that Nicole is out of Death Becomes Her.  Take it with several grains of salt.

https://theatreboard.co.uk/post/484184

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
#72Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 9/22/23 at 12:20pm

Kad said: "Didn’t she pull out of the Broadway transfer of the Cats revival because she wouldn’t be given over the title billing?"

Correct 

OhHiii
#73Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 9/22/23 at 12:28pm

WldKingdomHM said: "Kad said: "Didn’t she pull out of the Broadway transfer of the Cats revival because she wouldn’t be given over the title billing?"

Correct
"

Wrong. She pulled out because she was a judge on X Factor with a $2mil contract. Ya'll just make stuff up on here lol https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2016/may/13/andrew-lloyd-webber-gets-claws-out-after-nicole-scherzinger-pulls-out-of-cats

Updated On: 9/22/23 at 12:28 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#74Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
Posted: 9/22/23 at 12:30pm

Nicole has a limited name value in the states, I think...she's not nothing, but not enough to sustain sales alone.

This probably needs love letter reviews from critics and maybe some Olivier Awards to have a chance of moving to Broadway.

Latest Posts