New Hadestown Casting

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#175New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 1/9/24 at 12:00pm

I’m more interested in the rumor that Lizzy McAlpine is replacing as Eurydice at some point (maybe March?). At least she has some cross-generational appeal from Gen Z to Millennials.

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#176New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 1/9/24 at 12:06pm

Melissa25 said: "I pray that Solea is leaving to lead Gun & Powder to Broadway."

More rumor mill-ing, but I’m hearing she’s Myrtle in A.R.T.’s Gatsby.

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
#177New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 1/9/24 at 12:07pm

ACL2006 said: "MimiChika said: "Word on the street is that Whoopi Goldberg is the next Hermes. Announcement soon."

Absolutely not. There's no way Whoopi can handle this role. She couldn't even do Xanadu 8 times a week.
"

I’m sure they will get someone for the matinees 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#178New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 1/9/24 at 1:27pm

WldKingdomHM said: "ACL2006 said: "MimiChika said: "Word on the street is that Whoopi Goldberg is the next Hermes. Announcement soon."

Absolutely not. There's no way Whoopi can handle this role. She couldn't even do Xanadu 8 times a week.
"

I’m sure they will get someone for the matinees
"

I don't think she could even handle 5 shows a week. With her recent health issues, I just don't see it happening.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

annang
#179New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 1/9/24 at 1:31pm

So, no overlap between Solea Pfeiffer and Ani DiFranco? Do we know when Lillias White is scheduled to leave?

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#180New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 1/9/24 at 1:52pm

ColorTheHours048 said: "Melissa25 said: "I pray that Solea is leaving to lead Gun & Powder to Broadway."

More rumor mill-ing, but I’m hearing she’s Myrtle in A.R.T.’s Gatsby.
"

That makes sense. My first reaction to seeing the news of her departure was, "That was a really short run for a great role in a hit show." I imagine that A.R.T. is going to pay her only like, half of what she was making as Eurydice, but I know the allure of originating roles is very strong for some actors.

RWPrincess
#181New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 1/9/24 at 9:55pm

I'd love to see Clifton Davis as Hermes but they seem to be going for bigger names for that role

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Melissa25
#182New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 1/9/24 at 10:48pm

ColorTheHours048: More rumor mill-ing, but I’m hearing Solea is Myrtle in A.R.T.’s Gatsby.

Interesting and more exciting then because we know she’ll be back on Broadway soon for sure. 

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#183New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 1/10/24 at 6:45am

The last scheduled date for Lillias, Betty, and Solea is February 4th. Lillias has missed a lot of shows over the last few months, likely because of previous engagements, but also she has been in the role since September of 2022 (and such a long run at her age is quite impressive, but has also probably taxed her). I wouldn't be surprised that, with the high profile replacements for Betty and Solea, they may upgrade one of the Hermes understudies to the role (probably Malcolm Armwood).

Worth noting that Betty Who is out again tonight (1/10) and Jordan Fisher will be out Friday (1/12) and both shows on Saturday (1/13).

Last night, the whole show felt invigorated and fresh again. I was right in assuming that this score is EXACTLY in Jordan Fisher's wheelhouse and acting capability and he absolutely NAILED it. I would even go so far as to say I do wish he opened the show. Same with Solea - she had a bit of a rough edge around her Eurydice that Eva did not and I thought gave a new layer to the Orpheus/Eurydice relationship. Lillias was also better than the first time I saw her, despite a little bit of a rough start at the beginning. 

I also got the surprise of Alex Puette on as Hades and OH MY GOD HE WAS FANTASTIC. Not only did he have the requisite sinister energy, but he also had a bit of a suave nature as well. I would love to see him as the Duke in Moulin Rouge at some point. (Not to mention he ain't half bad to look at). Brit West as Persephone, on the other hand, was not so good. Vocally, she was great, but acting-wise, she seemed to be copying Amber Gray and then turning it up an extra 10%. My friend and I at intermission agreed that if she had dialed it back a little bit, she would be great - only for her to go into a VERY over-the-top and messy version of "Our Lady of the Underground". She was better by the end, but overall, it made me wish I really got to see Betty Who

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

Ensemble1704909160
#184New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 1/10/24 at 6:06pm

Lillias seems to be staying through at least mid-march, she has scheduled shows out in March (8-9th) and there is a casting notice up on Seat Geek. 

I saw the show last week with Grace Yoo as Eurydice and Max Kumangai Hermes and the whole cast was amazing. I especially enjoyed Betty Who as Persephone. I haven't seen the show in a while and I wasn't hearing the best things, but she has such a vulnerable take on Persephone (especially in Act 2) and their stage presence was to die for. Things have livened up with this cast and I hope the momentum continues! 

Updated On: 1/10/24 at 06:06 PM

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#185New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 1/10/24 at 6:33pm

Ensemble1704909160 said: "Lillias seems to be staying through at least mid-march, she has scheduled shows out in March (8-9th) and there is a casting notice up on Seat Geek.

I saw the show last week with Grace Yoo as Eurydice and Max Kumangai Hermes and the whole cast was amazing.I especially enjoyed Betty Who as Persephone. I haven't seen the show in a while and I wasn't hearing the best things, but she has such a vulnerable take on Persephone (especially in Act 2) and their stage presence was to die for. Things have livened up with this cast and I hope the momentum continues!
"

I saw it a few weeks ago and also liked Betty. Not my favorite Persephone, but I enjoyed her take. I saw Max Kumangai as Hades. He definitely isn't quite right for Hades, but he's immensely talented and I would LOVE to see his Hermes. I think he would kill it. 

The real star of that performance was Brandon Cameron as Orpheus. I don't know that I've heard anyone discuss him much. But, I thought he was fantastic!

Ensemble1704909160
#186New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 1/10/24 at 6:55pm

jkcohen626 said: "Ensemble1704909160 said: "Lillias seems to be staying through at least mid-march, she has scheduled shows out in March (8-9th) and there is a casting notice up on Seat Geek.

I saw the show last week with Grace Yoo as Eurydice and Max Kumangai Hermes and the whole cast was amazing.I especially enjoyed Betty Who as Persephone. I haven't seen the show in a while and I wasn't hearing the best things, but she has such a vulnerable take on Persephone (especially in Act 2) and their stage presence was to die for. Things have livened up with this cast and I hope the momentum continues!
"

I saw it a few weeks ago and also liked Betty. Not my favorite Persephone, but I enjoyed her take. I sawMax Kumangai as Hades. He definitely isn't quite right for Hades, but he's immensely talented and I would LOVE to see his Hermes. I think he would kill it.

The real star of that performance was Brandon Cameron as Orpheus. I don't know that I've heard anyone discuss him much. But, I thought he was fantastic!

"

Max's Hermes was great. Andre inspired for sure (much like Malcolm Armwood) but he brings enough of his own suave to the role that made him really endearing.  

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#187New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 1/30/24 at 7:40pm

Lililas has extended through March 17.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#188New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 1/30/24 at 7:48pm

Apparently, it will be her final performance, but SeatGeek has a notice on that day that she won’t be performing.

alexidarling15
#189New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 1/30/24 at 9:10pm

I also loved Alex as Hades and Max as Hermes. I hope they elevate Max after Lilias leaves. 

getatme
#190New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 1/30/24 at 10:10pm

Pfeiffer’s run was always meant to be short. She was hired as a temp replacement for Noblezada as the original plan was for Eva to return after Gatsby at Paper Mill. Plans changed, Pfeiffer’s contract was extended. She’ll have been there for 6 months when she leaves and she already has her next gig lined up. 

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#191New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 2/9/24 at 12:15pm

This might be somewhat overshadowed by Tveit and Foster joining Sweeney tonight, but who here is going to see Ani and Lola’s first performance?

Oh look, a bibu!

OhHiii
#192New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 2/9/24 at 12:17pm

getatme said: "Pfeiffer’s run was always meant to be short. She was hired as a temp replacement for Noblezada as the original plan was for Eva to return after Gatsby at Paper Mill. Plans changed, Pfeiffer’s contract was extended. She’ll have been there for 6 months when she leaves and she already has her next gig lined up."

Funny that she's going to ART for the other Gatsby and Eva is going into this season's.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#193New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 2/9/24 at 1:20pm

Any truth to the rumor Isa and Jon Jon Briones are replacing as Eurydice and Hermes, respectively?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#194New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 2/10/24 at 3:35pm

Any Ani and Lola reports from last night?

Oh look, a bibu!

ElephantLoveMedley
#195New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 2/28/24 at 10:09am

Jon Jon and Isa Briones are our new Hermes and Eurydice, beginning March 19.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C35TllQugaC/

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#196New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 2/28/24 at 10:45am

ElephantLoveMedley said: "Jon Jon and Isa Briones are our new Hermes and Eurydice, beginning March 19.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C35TllQugaC/
"

Great casting!

jvoom Profile Photo
jvoom
#197New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 3/15/24 at 8:23pm

Has anyone caught Ani as Persephone? Very excited to see her next month

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#198New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 3/18/24 at 7:54pm

anyone see Lillias' final performance?

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#199New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 3/19/24 at 2:08pm

Is anyone attending Jon Jon and Isa Briones’s first performance tonight?

Oh look, a bibu!