pixeltracker

Will there be any more shows for the fall?

Will there be any more shows for the fall?

Robbie516
#1Will there be any more shows for the fall?
Posted: 8/27/23 at 6:15pm

Anyone else surprised that there hasn’t been more announcements for shows in the fall between the amount of open theaters and stars definitely available due to strike! Perhaps more will be announced after Labor Day? Any inside info anyone? 

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#2Will there be any more shows for the fall?
Posted: 8/27/23 at 6:46pm

There will surely be more and at this point it's better for them to wait to announce until the week after Labor Day.

The following are currently vacant (or about to be) and don't have announced tenants.

Imperial
Longacre
Lyceum
Studio 54
Vivian Beaumont
Marquis

The following could do a limited run as they have spring tenants:

- August Wilson
- Jacobs
- Schoenfeld

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#3Will there be any more shows for the fall?
Posted: 8/27/23 at 6:49pm

The August Wilson is going to need to be heavily renovated for CABARET, so I assume it’ll be dark until the Spring.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

Robbie516
#4Will there be any more shows for the fall?
Posted: 8/27/23 at 10:11pm

I think the Schoenfeld is probably not getting a fall show either with notebook starting early February 

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#5Will there be any more shows for the fall?
Posted: 8/27/23 at 10:16pm

Robbie516 said: "I think the Schoenfeld is probably not getting a fall show either with notebook starting early February"

They could get something that closes in early January, like a holiday special.

Mr. Wormwood Profile Photo
Mr. Wormwood
#6Will there be any more shows for the fall?
Posted: 8/28/23 at 12:40am

I have no inside knowledge but I feel like anything coming in this fall would already have been announced aside from some possible holiday short-run events.

UWS10023 Profile Photo
UWS10023
#7Will there be any more shows for the fall?
Posted: 8/28/23 at 1:47am

I thought the Beaumont was bringing in The Lehman Trilogy?

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#8Will there be any more shows for the fall?
Posted: 8/28/23 at 2:22am

and the Imperial for Tommy

Voter Profile Photo
Voter
#9Will there be any more shows for the fall?
Posted: 8/28/23 at 7:44am

The reason more hasn’t been announced? Shows simply don’t have their $$$/funding ready … it’s hard out there right now

There are like 3 other people called Voter on here, FYI. Deleted comment count: 12

KKeller6
#10Will there be any more shows for the fall?
Posted: 8/28/23 at 9:16am

The situation where Broadway had shows lined up every season for every theatre is a fairly new phenomenon.  I'd say it began around 15-20 years ago?  With all that's happened since then economically and in world events,  I won't be surprised if we regularly go back to the situation where there are large gaps between shows in some houses, and not every theatre is filled every season.  Maybe for the short term, or longer. Who knows?

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#11Will there be any more shows for the fall?
Posted: 8/28/23 at 9:37am

I’d really like Mescal in Streetcar. He has to finish Gladiator once the strike ends, but he seems to love theater and NY, so I’m hoping it happens.

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#12Will there be any more shows for the fall?
Posted: 8/28/23 at 9:44am

DramaTeach said: "I’d really like Mescal in Streetcar. He has to finish Gladiator once the strike ends, but he seems to love theater and NY, so I’m hoping it happens."

I've been saying this for a while now! With the ongoing strikes, they can totally do a limited run on Broadway this fall! You can count on me buying a premium ticket for that!

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

OlBlueEyes Profile Photo
OlBlueEyes
#13Will there be any more shows for the fall?
Posted: 8/28/23 at 11:34am

I see that Crazy for You West End is selling tickets through January. Originally a limited run was planned, because there had been a revival of it only six or seven years ago.

The singing and dancing must be spectacular if the thin plot and corny gags are excused.

Nice to see Susan with a hit financially as well as artistically. She has been trying to get this to Broadway since 2018. Charlie Stemp has right of first refusal for Broadway. The long time the show will have run in England might keep him home, or on Broadway for a short time.

That would likely be a deserved break for Tony Yazbeck, who played the role in the 2017 one performance anniversary production. If Charlie is better than Tony in the role, it wouldn't be by much.

bdn223 Profile Photo
bdn223
#14Will there be any more shows for the fall?
Posted: 8/28/23 at 11:52am

From my understanding the Jacobs and Studio 54 do have Fall tenants lined up that have simply yet to be announced. 

broadwayben3
#15Will there be any more shows for the fall?
Posted: 8/28/23 at 12:00pm

What are they? Days of Wine and Roses?

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#16Will there be any more shows for the fall?
Posted: 8/28/23 at 12:15pm

OlBlueEyes said: "I see that Crazy for You West End is selling tickets through January. Originally a limited run was planned, because there had been a revival of it only six or seven years ago.

The singing and dancing must be spectacular if the thin plot and corny gags are excused.

Nice to see Susan with a hit financially as well asartistically. She has been trying to get this to Broadway since 2018. Charlie Stemp has right of first refusal for Broadway. The long time the show will have run in England might keep him home, or on Broadway for a short time.

That would likely be a deserved break for Tony Yazbeck, who played the role in the 2017 one performance anniversary production. If Charlie is better than Tony in the role, it wouldn't be by much.
"

I think Crazy For You is coming in the Spring. Charlie was absolutely phenomenal and he deserves to bring the shoe back to Broadway. I think Lincoln Center is gonna put this on in NYC. 

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#17Will there be any more shows for the fall?
Posted: 8/28/23 at 12:16pm

Have two of the five slots remaining for my Oct 20-23 trip. Holding off to see what else — if anything — is announced. 

Sammy232
#18Will there be any more shows for the fall?
Posted: 8/28/23 at 12:19pm

broadwayben3 said: "What are they? Days of Wine and Roses?"

studio 54

broadwayben3
#19Will there be any more shows for the fall?
Posted: 8/28/23 at 12:20pm

dates please? I am saving a spot for my trip!!!!

Sammy232 said: "broadwayben3 said: "What are they? Days of Wine and Roses?"

studio 54
"

Robbie516
#20Will there be any more shows for the fall?
Posted: 8/28/23 at 3:39pm

What’s coming to the Jacobs? And also is Lehman definitely happening?

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#21Will there be any more shows for the fall?
Posted: 8/28/23 at 3:41pm

I do find it odd that THE WIZ hasn't announced a theatre yet. Unless they've been promised the Shubert and need SLIH (lead produced by Shubert) to post notice first?

I suppose the same could be said of the Nederlander or the Lunt if they are working with the Nederlanders.

Updated On: 8/28/23 at 03:41 PM

Voter Profile Photo
Voter
#22Will there be any more shows for the fall?
Posted: 8/28/23 at 3:42pm

With the amount of PR the producing team and the Goodman are doing... I'd be incredibly surprised if we don't see TOMMY this fall or spring ... 

There are like 3 other people called Voter on here, FYI. Deleted comment count: 12

broadwayben3
#23Will there be any more shows for the fall?
Posted: 8/28/23 at 3:45pm

I have one spot left in my trip for November, does anyone know if Days of Wine/Roses will at least be in previews by then??

Robbie516
#24Will there be any more shows for the fall?
Posted: 8/28/23 at 4:14pm

I think if the rumor is true a play with a name will go to jacobs for a run… Tommy would most likely be planned for a opened ended run

Mark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
#25Will there be any more shows for the fall?
Posted: 8/28/23 at 4:14pm

OlBlueEyes said: "I see that Crazy for You West End is selling tickets through January. Originally a limited run was planned, because there had been a revival of it only six or seven years ago.

Nice to see Susan with a hit financially as well asartistically.

The limited run in London has always been selling through to January. To call it a financial hit is wrong though, it’s really struggling to sell and is being really heavily discounted. That said, it’s a wonderful production. Maybe it would do better in NY.