News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

DEATH BECOMES HER Teaser

60'splayoff Profile Photo
60'splayoff
#1DEATH BECOMES HER Teaser
Posted: 8/31/23 at 11:30am

Brilliant move from the marketing team. Brava!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CwnFJTEpeEJ/?igshid=NzZhOTFlYzFmZQ==

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#2DEATH BECOMES HER Teaser
Posted: 8/31/23 at 11:40am

Broadway in Chicago reposted it on their Instagram story, perhaps it’s doing an out of town tryout here.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#3DEATH BECOMES HER Teaser
Posted: 8/31/23 at 11:59am

So this is actually happening. 

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#4DEATH BECOMES HER Teaser
Posted: 8/31/23 at 12:43pm

Will literally follow Jennifer Simard to the end of time. No matter the quality of the show, I know she’ll deliver.

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
#5DEATH BECOMES HER Teaser
Posted: 8/31/23 at 1:27pm

NOW a warning !?!

DJD4
#6DEATH BECOMES HER Teaser
Posted: 8/31/23 at 2:51pm

I LOVE this! Props to the PR team

pablitonizer
#7DEATH BECOMES HER Teaser
Posted: 8/31/23 at 2:52pm

WldKingdomHM said: "NOW a warning !?!"

(Lisle stabs Madeline's index finger with a dagger)

OWWWW! WHAT ARE YOU, NUTS?

Updated On: 8/31/23 at 02:52 PM

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#8DEATH BECOMES HER Teaser
Posted: 8/31/23 at 4:12pm

I know they're going in a different direction and reinterpreting the character, but I had always hoped Sofia Vergara would make her Broadway return as the Isabella Rossellini role.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#9DEATH BECOMES HER Teaser
Posted: 8/31/23 at 4:21pm

Creative AF. 

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#10DEATH BECOMES HER Teaser
Posted: 8/31/23 at 4:22pm

“FLA-CID!”

They need to lean into the camp and body horror. NOTHING sappy or redemptive. Just go balls to the wall over the top like Book of Mormon etc. (not story; meaning tone and NON-kid friendliness)  Do not aim for the old-lady crowd; make it campy and “icky” and kinda edgy if possible. Not a by-the-numbers adaptation, but a whacked-out comedy with a cast who’s game. Just my $.02. 

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#11DEATH BECOMES HER Teaser
Posted: 8/31/23 at 4:25pm

Well, they’ve got Jennifer Simard, so that alone covers “whacked-out comedy with a cast who’s game.” 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Jordan Catalano
#12DEATH BECOMES HER Teaser
Posted: 8/31/23 at 4:52pm

I agree and really pray that there’s no BS “For Good” type song between the women, coming to terms with eternal life or realizing they need each other etc. 

nasty_khakis
#13DEATH BECOMES HER Teaser
Posted: 8/31/23 at 5:19pm

Jordan Catalano said: "I agree and really pray that there’s no BS “For Good” type song between the women, coming to terms with eternal life or realizing they need each other etc."

So you're saying "I'll Paint Your Ass (You Paint Mine)"  shouldn't be a tender moment???

Updated On: 8/31/23 at 05:19 PM

Jordan Catalano
#14DEATH BECOMES HER Teaser
Posted: 8/31/23 at 5:25pm

Correct. But that does need to be a song lol

DaveyG
#15DEATH BECOMES HER Teaser
Posted: 8/31/23 at 6:33pm

Jordan Catalano said: "I agree and really pray that there’s no BS “For Good” type song between the women, coming to terms with eternal life or realizing they need each other etc."

Sadly, we all know that's going to be there lol. 

Dolly80
#16DEATH BECOMES HER Teaser
Posted: 8/31/23 at 6:33pm

A famous pop star is playing the Isabella Rossellini role.. (in the workshop and Chicago)

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#17DEATH BECOMES HER Teaser
Posted: 8/31/23 at 6:34pm

Norma Desmond

Jordan Catalano
#18DEATH BECOMES HER Teaser
Posted: 8/31/23 at 7:18pm

Dolly80 said: "A famous pop star is playing the Isabella Rossellini role.. (in the workshop and Chicago)"

Jojo? 

Plannietink08 Profile Photo
Plannietink08
#19DEATH BECOMES HER Teaser
Posted: 8/31/23 at 7:49pm

Dolly80 said: "A famous pop star is playing the Isabella Rossellini role.. (in the workshop and Chicago)"

Considering it’s common knowledge that Nicole Scherzinger played the role in the workshop you could have just said her name. 

"Charlotte, we're Jewish"

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#20DEATH BECOMES HER Teaser
Posted: 8/31/23 at 7:52pm

Well, what’s the timeline? Nicole might be busy with Sunset in London. 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#21DEATH BECOMES HER Teaser
Posted: 8/31/23 at 8:13pm

Call_me_jorge said: "Well, what’s the timeline? Nicole might be busy with Sunset in London."

SUNSET BLVD only runs from Sept 21, 2023 to Jan 6, 2024. 

Jordan Catalano
#22DEATH BECOMES HER Teaser
Posted: 8/31/23 at 8:23pm

Nicole truly is the definition of “perfect casting” for that role. 

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#23DEATH BECOMES HER Teaser
Posted: 8/31/23 at 9:22pm

I wonder how quickly this would turn around. A February try out and an April Broadway opening? Or give it some time between the two. 

Dolly80
#24DEATH BECOMES HER Teaser
Posted: 9/1/23 at 3:09am

Plannietink08 said: "Dolly80 said: "A famous pop star is playing the Isabella Rossellini role.. (in the workshop and Chicago)"

Considering it’s common knowledge that Nicole Scherzinger played the role in the workshop you could have just said her name.
"

it clearly wasn’t common knowledge, but thanks my darling for your invaluable input.

Plannietink08 Profile Photo
Plannietink08
#25DEATH BECOMES HER Teaser
Posted: 9/1/23 at 5:25am

Dolly80 said: "Plannietink08 said: "Dolly80 said: "A famous pop star is playing the Isabella Rossellini role.. (in the workshop and Chicago)"

"

it clearly wasn’t common knowledge, but thanks my darling for your invaluable input.
"

Sure Jan.

"Charlotte, we're Jewish"
Updated On: 9/1/23 at 05:25 AM

Videos