#1OnStageBlog cryptic tweet
Posted: 9/10/23 at 6:10pm

Sounds incredibly ominous and serious.

"Charlotte, we're Jewish"

KJisgroovy Profile Photo
KJisgroovy
#2OnStageBlog cryptic tweet
Posted: 9/10/23 at 6:24pm

This is this dude's whole MO. Outrage, outrage, outrage. Certainly a lot of things deserve our outrage these days... but I've grown suspicious of folks who just jump from one outrage to the next. 

Also. If this story was this awful... why are we teasing it and not just releasing it? He's trying to drum up views not change the world.

Jesus saves. I spend.

JSquared2
#3OnStageBlog cryptic tweet
Posted: 9/10/23 at 6:26pm

I would put Zero stock into anything this person has to say -- a professional victim who lives to be offended.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#4OnStageBlog cryptic tweet
Posted: 9/10/23 at 7:46pm

The wording is incredibly vague. Is it a story he’s publishing? If so… prepare for a nothingburger. If it’s from a legit publication, then that’s different. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Sammy232
#5OnStageBlog cryptic tweet
Posted: 9/10/23 at 8:00pm

Kad said: "The wording is incredibly vague. Is it a story he’s publishing? If so… prepare for a nothingburger. If it’s from a legit publication, then that’s different."

My guess is something he is publishing? How else would he have access to something a larger publication, like say, the Times was publishing tomorrow? This guy is always too much with the clickbait and trying to make everyone think he's an insider.

BroadwaysBroad
#6OnStageBlog cryptic tweet
Posted: 9/10/23 at 8:02pm

A very very very very well connected friend just commented to me:

”Brace for impact.”

”A lot of heads will roll.”

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#7OnStageBlog cryptic tweet
Posted: 9/10/23 at 8:06pm

Sammy232 said: "Kad said: "The wording is incredibly vague. Is it a story he’s publishing? If so… prepare for a nothingburger. If it’s from a legit publication, then that’s different."

My guess is something he is publishing? How else would he have access to something a larger publication, like say, the Times was publishing tomorrow? This guy is always too much with the clickbait and trying to make everyone think he's an insider.
"

A Times exposé would have dozens of sources; you wouldn’t even need to be particularly well-connected to find out about it. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

DaveyG
#8OnStageBlog cryptic tweet
Posted: 9/10/23 at 8:07pm

JSquared2 said: "I would put Zero stock into anything this person has to say -- a professional victim who lives to be offended."

Agreed - his site is 90% nonsense. 

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#9OnStageBlog cryptic tweet
Posted: 9/10/23 at 8:10pm

It’s also worth noting a similar situation happened just a few years ago regarding a hyped bombshell in the Times that never got published. 

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#10OnStageBlog cryptic tweet
Posted: 9/10/23 at 8:13pm

Considering his typically reporting, I’m sure this will be about a semi-professional regional production of BEAUTY & THE BEAST in South Dakota.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

BarnabyTucker Profile Photo
BarnabyTucker
#11OnStageBlog cryptic tweet
Posted: 9/10/23 at 8:16pm

Also not a good look to be tweeting that you're dropping a bombshell tomorrow on the eve of the anniversary of 9/11...

BorisTomashevsky
#12OnStageBlog cryptic tweet
Posted: 9/10/23 at 8:18pm

“A lot of heads will roll” makes it sound like a bunch of people are culpable. That phrase has me thinking along the lines of fraud or the like - as opposed to “the usual” of one person doing inappropriate things 

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#13OnStageBlog cryptic tweet
Posted: 9/10/23 at 8:49pm

You gotta love:

1.) The fact that he has replies turned off

2.) The self-righteous, passive aggressive follow-up tweet that is basically saying "remember, I'm a much better person than you."

This guy is nauseating.

lopside
#14OnStageBlog cryptic tweet
Posted: 9/10/23 at 9:17pm

If it is supposed to as disturbing as he is implying this is, you'd think he'd have the sensitivity to not "tease" about it like it's a show announcement. Just ugly stuff for twitter clout of all things and all the dweebs speculating about it, yikes. 

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#15OnStageBlog cryptic tweet
Posted: 9/10/23 at 9:25pm

Predictions: Sophia Ann Caruso actually did summon a demon during Beetlejuice, leading to her removal from the show. The demon is now understudying a supporting lead on Broadway and you’ll never guess which one!

Stephen Sondheim was straight all along, and his gay identity was an elaborate hoax he designed as part of the “immersive gaming” scenarios he and Anthony Perkins pioneered.

Spider-Man was an inside job.

perfectliar
#16OnStageBlog cryptic tweet
Posted: 9/10/23 at 10:08pm

He just loves to fire up his base of teenage girls who have never come within 30 miles of Manhattan.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#17OnStageBlog cryptic tweet
Posted: 9/10/23 at 10:25pm

I hope it’s about Faye Dunaway’s casting in “Sunset”.

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#18OnStageBlog cryptic tweet
Posted: 9/11/23 at 12:29am

He deleted the tweet LOL

QueenTwinnied
#19OnStageBlog cryptic tweet
Posted: 9/11/23 at 1:27am

Ghoulish behavior

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#20OnStageBlog cryptic tweet
Posted: 9/11/23 at 4:41am

One of the biggest hokes in the peripheral of the industry (and I’m being kind here), but the rabid, terminally online Broadway stan with zero concept of the real world eats it up every time. 

Voter Profile Photo
Voter
#21OnStageBlog cryptic tweet
Posted: 9/11/23 at 7:16am

It was literally about just James Barbour. Talk about crying wolf?

There are like 3 other people called Voter on here, FYI. Deleted comment count: 12

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#22OnStageBlog cryptic tweet
Posted: 9/11/23 at 7:23am

Delusional on all counts as per usual. 

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#23OnStageBlog cryptic tweet
Posted: 9/11/23 at 9:18am

Wait til OnStage Blog finds out about 2x Tony nominee Charles S. Dutton’s life before turning to acting! Is he going to call for August Wilson’s posthumous cancelation and removal of his name from his theatre???

The Barbour situation is messy. The simple thing is of course not to hire him. A TALE OF TWO CITIES was produced by amateurs and it’s unlikely that many other producers would have hired him back so quickly. But we are taught that the US prison system is supposed to be a place for rehabilitation, and that the formerly incarcerated deserve a second chance. But some believe that’s only true for certain crimes — and certain races.

Some also believe that pleading guilty is the only way to atone for a crime…but that’s what Barbour did here, and it resulted in a shorter sentence.

Updated On: 9/11/23 at 09:18 AM

Sammy232
#24OnStageBlog cryptic tweet
Posted: 9/11/23 at 9:18am

And has comments disabled on his twitter posts so he can't get called out for the nonsense frenzy he created. 

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#25OnStageBlog cryptic tweet
Posted: 9/11/23 at 9:34am

…James Barbour is a Scientologist? Okay then.

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

Videos