pixeltracker

Casting Call for a Female Zombie Type with Killer Vocals Pun Intended

Casting Call for a Female Zombie Type with Killer Vocals Pun Intended

UndeadValley
#1Casting Call for a Female Zombie Type with Killer Vocals Pun Intended
Posted: 12/4/23 at 2:30pm

I have to find new ways to advertise to you folks since Playbill and Backstage have decided my first amendment right ends with a request for a singer to hit an Eb.  That being said I didn't intend to get all your panties in a bundle or ruffle the feathers of the dying bird, Broadway, by asking for what I wanted in an actress. In retrospect, I should maybe have said the only qualifications is that she's bat **** crazy and can sing sort of...

Anyway good news we found Alicia in Chicago (Is that on Earth) of all places!!  We are re-casting Gwen. (It's not a riddle Tik Tok trolls)

Shall I reduce my ask in today's ad. Everyone can and should apply. In fact if you can sing half of an F minor chord, submit a reel. Let's say the range of the girl can be F above middle C to Ab above middle C - let's be more inclusive here.  Also pitch is not an issue. We have autotune and melodyne. The computer doesn't know if you're flat or sharp (we prefer sharp, please) so just sing anything and we'll have the 80 piece orchestra guess the melody. Also don't make it easy on us; Putting up a new musical is cheap and doesn't take too long, so the best reels are two hour videos of you and your friends at Karaoke. Don't tell us which one you are. Guessing makes the casting process so much more exciting. Similar to a Tinder photo with four girlfriends in the main image, we do not really want to know what we're getting. How boring. So yes... All please apply.- no really, just kidding, apply if you're amazing, if you blow people's minds when you sing.  The AUDITION is for the 2nd female lead, our Juliet  GWEN, the zombie military nurse. And we have minor roles with solos available.

Look to those other people scared of the UV Revolution, let me start with a couple things to help you out.  First, it's not my fault nobody can keep a show open past intermission.  Well it's partially my fault. I usually spend Act 2 of most musicals at Juniors ordering a French Onion soup without the bread, but don't worry I'm gonna change it.  (Not my Onion Soup order - Show business) Here we have what will be the biggest musical, heck, the biggest musical event in history. So get upset along the way just like the investors in the Big Short, but enjoy the ride. Don't resist this. You can't change it. It's the igniting event of the Age of Aquarius and you can't resist the stars. You can have a story but this is happening and it's changing all of your lives for the better. That being said, if I mildly offended you by asking for an actress that can sing and invests herself fully in a song, please write to us at undeadvalley@gmail.com and request an Undead Valley T Shirt or Ladies Tank Top.  If you were majorly bothered, request a hoodie instead.  In the meantime I really need one actress that wants to change the world and be part of the parallel ascension of Earth for the 2nd lead role. And one actress and two male actors to sing minor solo roles.

Thanks again.  Let's bring back the show in show business and maybe people will come to the theater again!

thatdarnzach
ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#3Casting Call for a Female Zombie Type with Killer Vocals Pun Intended
Posted: 12/4/23 at 2:41pm

This is truly some of the most unhinged and pompous behavior I've ever seen in an industry that's full of it –– the type of behavior that should lead any sane investor & artist running away from this supposed $100M+ project, and any psychiatrist running towards the unnamed producer who keeps making these posts.

Updated On: 12/4/23 at 02:41 PM

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#4Casting Call for a Female Zombie Type with Killer Vocals Pun Intended
Posted: 12/4/23 at 2:50pm

Oy.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#5Casting Call for a Female Zombie Type with Killer Vocals Pun Intended
Posted: 12/4/23 at 3:03pm

Your ads were removed from Playbill and Backstage because they were wildly unprofessional and claimed the involvement of artists who were not involved. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Alex M Profile Photo
Alex M
#6Casting Call for a Female Zombie Type with Killer Vocals Pun Intended
Posted: 12/4/23 at 3:09pm

This is the funniest thing thats ever happened on this board.

Fosse76
#7Casting Call for a Female Zombie Type with Killer Vocals Pun Intended
Posted: 12/4/23 at 3:10pm

That's not how the First Amendment works. 

JSquared2
#8Casting Call for a Female Zombie Type with Killer Vocals Pun Intended
Posted: 12/4/23 at 3:26pm

UndeadValley said: "I have to find new ways to advertise to you folks since Playbill and Backstage have decided my first amendment right ends with a request for a singer to hit an Eb. That being said I didn't intend to get all your panties in a bundle or ruffle the feathers of the dying bird, Broadway, by asking for what I wanted in an actress. In retrospect, I should maybe have said the only qualifications is that she's bat **** crazy and can sing sort of...

Anyway good news we found Alicia in Chicago (Is that on Earth) of all places!! We are re-casting Gwen. (It's not a riddle Tik Tok trolls)

Shall I reduce my ask in today's ad. Everyone can and should apply. In fact if you can sing half of an F minor chord, submit a reel. Let's say the range of the girl can be F above middle C to Ab above middle C - let's be more inclusive here. Also pitch is not an issue. We have autotune and melodyne. The computer doesn't know if you're flat or sharp (we prefer sharp, please) so just sing anything and we'll have the 80 piece orchestra guess the melody. Also don't make it easy on us; Putting up a new musical is cheap and doesn't take too long, so the best reels are two hour videos of you and your friends at Karaoke. Don't tell us which one you are. Guessing makes the casting process so much more exciting. Similar to a Tinder photo with four girlfriends in the main image, we do not really want to know what we're getting. How boring. So yes... All please apply.- no really, just kidding, apply if you're amazing, if you blow people's minds when you sing. The AUDITION is for the 2nd female lead, our Juliet GWEN, the zombie military nurse. And we have minor roles with solos available.

Look to those other people scared of the UV Revolution, let me start with a couple things to help you out. First, it's not my fault nobody can keep a show open past intermission. Well it's partially my fault. I usually spend Act 2 of most musicals at Juniors ordering a French Onion soup without the bread, but don't worry I'm gonna change it. (Not my Onion Soup order - Show business) Here we have what will be the biggest musical, heck, the biggest musical event in history. So get upset along the way just like the investors in the Big Short, but enjoy the ride. Don't resist this. You can't change it. It's the igniting event of the Age of Aquarius and you can't resist the stars. You can have a story but this is happening and it's changing all of your lives for the better. That being said, if I mildly offended you by asking for an actress that can sing and invests herself fully in a song, please write to us at undeadvalley@gmail.com and request anUndead Valley T Shirt or Ladies Tank Top. If you were majorly bothered, request a hoodie instead. In the meantime I really need one actress that wants to change the world and be part of the parallel ascension of Earth for the 2nd lead role. And one actress and two male actors to sing minor solo roles.

Thanks again. Let's bring back the show in show business and maybe people will come to the theater again!

Speaking of "batsh*t crazy" ....

hearthemsing22
UndeadValley
#11Casting Call for a Female Zombie Type with Killer Vocals Pun Intended
Posted: 12/4/23 at 4:28pm

A Couple Updates from Undead Valley.  I believe all my leads are cast.  I will know for sure next week.  Still willing to look at exceptional reels just in case. I also encourage people to submit for the minor roles.   To Playbill and those that keep on commenting that the information in my Playbill ad was not true or misleading, you need to stop saying things that are not true.  Every word in my ad is true.  Everyone advertised has been paid by me to be in my show, Phase 1 which is the record.  There is video of everyone, sound recordings with them, receipts for their pay and travel.  If Playbill wants to lie to their audience, they can but I do not know that they will be able to conceal their lie for long.  All of those people have agreed to be in the actual play.  I do not need signed contracts if I have begun paying for work.  After the ad was up one of those people, because of their own mistake wanted their name out because of their celebrity status, their phone was blowing up.  

UndeadValley
#12Casting Call for a Female Zombie Type with Killer Vocals Pun Intended
Posted: 12/4/23 at 4:34pm

Also just because certain people want to hide the truth for not the best reasons, it doesn't shade the truth. I spoke 100% truth and one person didn't want that truth getting out unless Cameron were producing the play, it doesn't make my ad not true.  Regardless I respected their decision and I was the one who asked Playbill to take it down.  Then they are taking credit like they were the heroes keeping Broadway safe.  The only thing they've ever done is keep you safe from the truth.

JSquared2
#13Casting Call for a Female Zombie Type with Killer Vocals Pun Intended
Posted: 12/4/23 at 4:39pm

UndeadValley said: "Also just because certain people want to hide the truth for not the best reasons, it doesn't shade the truth. I spoke 100% truth and one person didn't want that truth getting out unless Cameron were producing the play, it doesn't make my ad not true. Regardless I respected their decision and I was the one who asked Playbill to take it down. Then they are taking credit like they were the heroes keeping Broadway safe. The only thing they've ever done is keep you safe from the truth."

Sir, this is a Wendy's.

UndeadValley
#14Casting Call for a Female Zombie Type with Killer Vocals Pun Intended
Posted: 12/4/23 at 4:43pm

You have no idea what you are talking about.  Of course they are involved.  When you judge a situation without the correct data, you come to incorrect conclusions.  They are involved in the project and I have video, audio, payables receipts and a long line of email and text communication.  You don't have anything except your beliefs; you believe what you hear without questioning or checking.  That is how societies end up in tyranny.  

veronicamae Profile Photo
veronicamae
#15Casting Call for a Female Zombie Type with Killer Vocals Pun Intended
Posted: 12/4/23 at 5:54pm

I hope Betsy Wolfe gets the job - her auditions have been great.

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#16Casting Call for a Female Zombie Type with Killer Vocals Pun Intended
Posted: 12/4/23 at 7:00pm

Is this a Tim Robinson sketch playing out in real time?

Either way… “I think you should leave.”

emlo99
#17Casting Call for a Female Zombie Type with Killer Vocals Pun Intended
Posted: 12/4/23 at 7:15pm

UndeadValley said: "There is video of everyone, sound recordings with them, receipts for their pay and travel."

Put the receipts in a google drive so we can see all ‘em. Blur out actors faces in the videos so we can see proof.

Basically, pics or it didn’t happen.

msmp Profile Photo
msmp
#18Casting Call for a Female Zombie Type with Killer Vocals Pun Intended
Posted: 12/4/23 at 10:08pm

Honestly, I'm just glad this got us some amazing Betsy Wolfe social media posts. It almost makes it all worth it.

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#19Casting Call for a Female Zombie Type with Killer Vocals Pun Intended
Posted: 12/4/23 at 10:10pm

At this point I think that the Undead Valley producer is an AI-generated bot designed to lighten the mood of theatre industry professionals during the cold winter months. Thanks for the laughs!

Also, I agree about Betsy Wolfe. Her audition was ah-may-zing. She should definitely get the role!

DiscoCrows Profile Photo
DiscoCrows
#20Casting Call for a Female Zombie Type with Killer Vocals Pun Intended
Posted: 12/4/23 at 10:44pm

This makes me feel like I am living through The Prom

HenryTDobson Profile Photo
HenryTDobson
baritonewithtenortendencies
#22Casting Call for a Female Zombie Type with Killer Vocals Pun Intended
Posted: 12/5/23 at 8:47am

I can't tell how real this is, but I will say this might just be the funniest casting call of all time

Plannietink08 Profile Photo
Plannietink08
#23Casting Call for a Female Zombie Type with Killer Vocals Pun Intended
Posted: 12/5/23 at 6:27pm

Has Tommy Wiseau decided to come to Broadway because this is giving serious The Room vibes. 

"Charlotte, we're Jewish"

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#24Casting Call for a Female Zombie Type with Killer Vocals Pun Intended
Posted: 12/5/23 at 6:34pm

baritonewithtenortendencies said: "I can't tell how real this is, but I will say this might just be the funniest casting call of all time"

The Playbill audition notice was real at least. Someone posted screenshots of their interactions with the producer.