APPROPRIATE Reviews

yyys
#50APPROPRIATE Reviews
Posted: 1/12/24 at 8:11pm

Take Me Out transfered from the Hayes to Gerald Schoenfeld the following year..

willep said: "Transfer? Transfer to where?"

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#51APPROPRIATE Reviews
Posted: 1/12/24 at 8:23pm

I suspect they mean to ANY other theater since it can't extend as Mother Play is slated for the Helen Hayes following this.

I'm really bummed Im not going to get to see this. 

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

AnnieBlack
#52APPROPRIATE Reviews
Posted: 1/12/24 at 8:30pm

What do we think the chances that tomorrow’s matinee will happen considering tonight’s show was cancelled so close curtain ? 

Hairspray0901
#53APPROPRIATE Reviews
Posted: 1/12/24 at 10:22pm

AnnieBlack said: "What do we think the chances that tomorrow’s matinee will happen considering tonight’s show was cancelled so close curtain ?"

Sarah Paulson shared on her Instagram story 5 hours ago that she has tested positive for Covid. So, if the show does go on, you’ll likely have an understudy for her role at the very least.

edited to add: Sarah Paulson posted on her stories that she will out for the remaining shows this weekend. 

Updated On: 1/12/24 at 10:22 PM

UWS10023 Profile Photo
UWS10023
#54APPROPRIATE Reviews
Posted: 1/13/24 at 12:25am

TotallyEffed said: "UWS10023 said: "Sarah Paulson gives the best dramatic performance since Edie Falco in Side Man. The play needs to be transferred if the actors are available. The direction is top notch! I am so happy that I got to see it."

Transferred to what?
"

A cruise ship. What do you mean what? I overheard the house manager when asked the question by a patron infer that it could be a possibility. I was thinking another theatre that was dark. But perhaps that is easier said than done.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#55APPROPRIATE Reviews
Posted: 1/13/24 at 1:14am

willep said: "Transfer? Transfer to where?"

Possibly, the Booth in May after Kimberly closes? It's a strong contender to win a Tony for best play!

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#56APPROPRIATE Reviews
Posted: 1/13/24 at 1:53am

I do know that a transfer was/is being discussed. 

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#57APPROPRIATE Reviews
Posted: 1/13/24 at 3:48pm

Did the show go on this afternoon? Also, if Paulson is out with COVID, how long will she be out for? Supposed to be seeing this Tuesday night after our original performance date was cancelled on January 4. I really don't want to miss Paulson, either.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

Square Peg2
#58APPROPRIATE Reviews
Posted: 1/13/24 at 5:03pm

Performance is going on tonight with Tina Benko going on for Paulson and Mia Sinclair Jenness going on for Fanning. I contacted Today Tix to refund and got a response saying my request for refund would be responded to within 5 days. So I'm now on hold with Second Stage, hoping to get confirmation of whether I'd be sacrificing my pricey ticket if I don't show tonight. 

yyys
#59APPROPRIATE Reviews
Posted: 1/13/24 at 5:11pm

I guess she will be out as long as she is testing positive.

UWS10023 Profile Photo
UWS10023
#60APPROPRIATE Reviews
Posted: 1/14/24 at 1:07am

When I saw it recently, Fanning was a little hard to hear in the first act and I was in the third row. She seemed to get louder in Act 2 but I thought perhaps she was not feeling well. It could have been a character choice perhaps feeling more comfortable with the siblings in Act 2 and being more assertive. Did anyone else notice?

yyys
#61APPROPRIATE Reviews
Posted: 1/14/24 at 8:37am

Lots of refunds for Sunday show -- Sarah is really the big draw here. Curious to see her understudy!

Updated On: 1/14/24 at 08:37 AM

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#62APPROPRIATE Reviews
Posted: 1/14/24 at 12:50pm

yyys said: "Lots of refunds for Sunday show -- Sarah is really the big draw here. Curious to see her understudy!"

See it with Sarah. I would have no desire seeing it without her! She's a tour de force in this!!!

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

SisterGeorge
#63APPROPRIATE Reviews
Posted: 1/14/24 at 1:24pm

UWS10023 said: "When I saw it recently, Fanning was a little hard to hear in the first act and I was in the third row. She seemed to get louder in Act 2 but I thought perhaps she was not feeling well. It could have been a character choice perhaps feeling more comfortable with the siblings in Act 2 and being more assertive. Did anyone else notice?"

Actually, I had the same problem with Fanning's understudy AND Michael Esper particularly in that first scene, so it may be a directorial choice. 

Sister George

PipingHotPiccolo
#64APPROPRIATE Reviews
Posted: 1/14/24 at 4:57pm

yyys said: "Lots of refunds for Sunday show -- Sarah is really the big draw here. Curious to see her understudy!"

I don't doubt Paulson is doing fine work here (shes great in general and I remember her beautiful turn in Glass Menagerie a million years ago before she was a name) but lets take a beat and note that her understudy is Tina Benko, a fine actress and incredible talent in her own right. 

Andy51 Profile Photo
Andy51
#65APPROPRIATE Reviews
Posted: 1/14/24 at 9:47pm

A friend attended today's matinee, and got a great seat from the box office for $30.  She reports that Benko "was really excellent.  She was carrying a script, looked down maybe eight times throughout the performance, but it still felt very seamless."

(I should add that Benko just joined the cast on Tuesday)

Updated On: 1/14/24 at 09:47 PM

raddersons Profile Photo
raddersons
#66APPROPRIATE Reviews
Posted: 1/15/24 at 8:55am

Andy51 said: "A friend attended today's matinee, and got a great seat from the box office for $30. She reports that Benko "was really excellent. She was carrying a script, looked down maybe eight times throughout the performance, but it still felt very seamless."

(I should add that Benko just joined the cast on Tuesday)
"

While Paulson’s performance is excellent, the writing and directing feels like the real star for this production. 

Andy51 Profile Photo
Andy51
#67APPROPRIATE Reviews
Posted: 1/15/24 at 10:32am

raddersons said:  While Paulson’s performance is excellent, the writing and directing feels like the real star for this production."

That was exactly my thought when I encouraged my friend (who didn't want to spend the big bucks) to see it this past weekend, when the box office was practically giving tickets away to fill the many empty seats that were refunded and exchanged.  That, and the fact that Tina Benko is a great and very accomplished actress, so I knew the role would be in good hands even with Tina having so little time to prepare.

Updated On: 1/15/24 at 10:32 AM

emilyfaye48 Profile Photo
emilyfaye48
#68APPROPRIATE Reviews
Posted: 1/15/24 at 10:34am

Where can I read a thorough synopsis of the play that includes spoilers? 

Without bread we'd just be hungry but without theatre we'd be dead

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#69APPROPRIATE Reviews
Posted: 1/15/24 at 12:35pm

Andy51 said: "(I should add that Benko just joined the cast on Tuesday)"

IBDB lists a different understudy opening with the production. What happened to her? Did she get sick too?

willep
#70APPROPRIATE Reviews
Posted: 1/15/24 at 12:59pm

I’m not sure what the story is, but Danielle Skraastad (the understudy from opening) went on last weekend for Natalie Gold and struggled with the lines, calling for line twice in Act 1. I’m not sure if she was already in the process of being replaced or what.

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#71APPROPRIATE Reviews
Posted: 1/15/24 at 1:53pm

Oh my. Yeah, IBDB now lists two replacement Toni/Rachael understudies. Assuming they don’t need three, Skraastad has probably left the production.

EvanHansen
#72APPROPRIATE Reviews
Posted: 1/16/24 at 8:09am

Selling one prime orchestra aisle seat for the 8pm performance tomorrow, Wednesday 1/17. Asking for $150 or best offer - PM me if interested! 

Cowboysfan84
#73APPROPRIATE Reviews
Posted: 1/16/24 at 11:39am

Hello. Has anyone heard for certain if Sarah is back in tonight?

Gypsy_Mamma<3
#74APPROPRIATE Reviews
Posted: 1/16/24 at 12:35pm

Yes, curious to know if she and Elle are back in the show tonight! 

Videos