pixeltracker

Tom Holland Will Star in ROMEO & JULIET in London's West End- Page 3

Tom Holland Will Star in ROMEO & JULIET in London's West End

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#50Tom Holland Will Star in ROMEO & JULIET in London's West End
Posted: 4/7/24 at 12:44pm

Francesca Amewudah-Rivers is coming overseas with the production as well, so I hear. 

Oh look, a bibu!

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#51Tom Holland Will Star in ROMEO & JULIET in London's West End
Posted: 4/7/24 at 12:47pm

(double post)

Oh look, a bibu!

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#52Tom Holland Will Star in ROMEO & JULIET in London's West End
Posted: 4/7/24 at 12:49pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "DramaTeach said: "Kind of assumed, no? It’ll sell out in 5 seconds here too."

Easy to assume, tougher to make a reality considering Holland's schedule.

Plenty of other high-profile things have not moved to Broadway (Cumberbatch Hamlet, Blanchett or Anderson's Streetcar, etc) despite rumors that they would.

Maybe they'll REALLY make tickets tough to get and put it at the Shed or the Armory.

Patiently awaiting Tom Holland and Tom Hollander to do a two-hander.
"

Yup I remember when I heard rumors Maggie Smith in "A German Life" would come to Broadway as well. 

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#53Tom Holland Will Star in ROMEO & JULIET in London's West End
Posted: 4/7/24 at 2:44pm

I didn’t mean it’ll definitely happen, but I assumed they want it to, so I wouldn’t be shocked. We’ll see.

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#54Tom Holland Will Star in ROMEO & JULIET in London's West End
Posted: 5/10/24 at 1:27pm

https://x.com/mrcarl_woodward/status/1788973914556702897

tomorrows first preview of Romeo & Juliet starring Tom Holland will not go ahead due to technical aspects of the production needing further preparation

inception Profile Photo
inception
#55Tom Holland Will Star in ROMEO & JULIET in London's West End
Posted: 5/11/24 at 2:38am

Maybe Uline was sold out of the right colour gaffers tape they wanted to use to lay out the non-existent set?  It's pretty hard for movie stars to hit their marks otherwise.

willep
#56Tom Holland Will Star in ROMEO & JULIET in London's West End
Posted: 5/11/24 at 7:29am

He was a stage kid first 

DiscoCrows Profile Photo
DiscoCrows
#57Tom Holland Will Star in ROMEO & JULIET in London's West End
Posted: 5/11/24 at 10:59am

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

Someone on Reddit said he starts the show on the roof (lol, Jamie….) and they are running into complications there with city regulations.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#58Tom Holland Will Star in ROMEO & JULIET in London's West End
Posted: 5/11/24 at 11:31am

Did they not have a dress rehearsal? 

willep
#59Tom Holland Will Star in ROMEO & JULIET in London's West End
Posted: 5/11/24 at 2:20pm

The roof bit and it’s issues were discussed a couple weeks ago, I can’t imagine they’ve gotten to this point and not worked that out still.

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
Quinn Wilson
#61Tom Holland Will Star in ROMEO & JULIET in London's West End
Posted: 5/13/24 at 5:13pm

The set and the photos of the leads are giving Ivo Van Hove’s West Side Story…not a bad thing necessarily but it brought that back to my memory 

binau Profile Photo
binau
#62Tom Holland Will Star in ROMEO & JULIET in London's West End
Posted: 5/13/24 at 5:15pm

God, I mean between that and the production photos released - I am the biggest Jamie Lloyd Sunset Boulevard fan there is on this forum - but he is starting to feel a LITTLE like a parody or cliche of himself, isn't he? I will try and reserve judgement before seeing the show because I already make the same mistake before seeing Sunset and Nicole, but it is striking how little variation there is in the design of his shows. 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#63Tom Holland Will Star in ROMEO & JULIET in London's West End
Posted: 5/13/24 at 6:28pm

Here is Tom leaving the theatre. Massive crowds. Really hope security can keep him safe every night. 

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#64Tom Holland Will Star in ROMEO & JULIET in London's West End
Posted: 5/13/24 at 6:40pm

He’s Spider-Man. He can keep security safe.

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#65Tom Holland Will Star in ROMEO & JULIET in London's West End
Posted: 5/13/24 at 6:55pm

binau said: "God, I mean between that and the production photos released - I am the biggest Jamie Lloyd Sunset Boulevard fan there is on this forum - but he is starting to feel a LITTLE like a parody or cliche of himself, isn't he? I will try and reserve judgement before seeing the show because I already make the same mistake before seeing Sunset and Nicole, but it is striking how little variation there is in the design of his shows."

I get what you and others are saying, but I happen to love artists with very distinct styles. Lloyd loves dark, modern, minimalistic sets and costumes. I would take a director with a clear point of view and style over a middle-of-the-road production any day. The recent Sweeney Todd production is a great example of staging something in a very safe but bland way and it just seemed to have no point of view. 

Updated On: 5/13/24 at 06:55 PM

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#66Tom Holland Will Star in ROMEO & JULIET in London's West End
Posted: 5/13/24 at 7:26pm

There's having a signature style and aesthetic, and then there's... every production looking the same. If you had told me the productions photos were from his Cyrano, I likely would've believed it.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."
Updated On: 5/13/24 at 07:26 PM

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#67Tom Holland Will Star in ROMEO & JULIET in London's West End
Posted: 5/13/24 at 8:57pm

Kad said: "There's having a signature style and aesthetic, and then there's... every production looking the same. If you had told me the productions photos were from his Cyrano, I likely would've believed it."

Cyrano was exactly what I thought first, from the costumes to the head mics

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

binau Profile Photo
binau
#68Tom Holland Will Star in ROMEO & JULIET in London's West End
Posted: 5/14/24 at 2:06am

FANtomFollies said: "binau said: "God, I mean between that and the production photos released - I am the biggest Jamie Lloyd Sunset Boulevard fan there is on this forum - but he is starting to feel a LITTLE like a parody or cliche of himself, isn't he? I will try and reserve judgement before seeing the show because I already make the same mistake before seeing Sunset and Nicole, but it is striking how little variation there is in the design of his shows."

I get what you and others are saying, but I happen to love artists with very distinct styles. Lloyd loves dark, modern, minimalistic sets and costumes. I would take a director with a clear point of view and style over a middle-of-the-road production any day. The recent Sweeney Todd production is a great example of staging something in a very safe but bland way and it just seemed to have no point of view.
"

Definitely agree with this too. Surely he can at least use a little more colour though. If I recall from seeing Jamie Lloyd’s Evita he does know how to do it haha. 

The reason Sunset Boulevard works in greyscale is because it’s from a black and white film. Despite being minimalist the design and concept is stunning.

Anyway I’ll wait and see. It is stupid of me to judge without seeing.  

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

OuttaTowner
#69Tom Holland Will Star in ROMEO & JULIET in London's West End
Posted: 5/15/24 at 5:58pm

Any reports out of London on this production yet?  Curious to hear from anyone who’s seen it.