News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Tyne Daly Withdraws From DOUBT, Amy Ryan To Replace

Tyne Daly Withdraws From DOUBT, Amy Ryan To Replace

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#1Tyne Daly Withdraws From DOUBT, Amy Ryan To Replace
Posted: 2/6/24 at 5:06pm

Just got an email from Roundabout that Tyne was hospitalized and has to withdraw from the show but Amy Ryan (!!!) has replaced her, beginning performances on Feb 13th. 

Wishing all the best for Tyne!!!! 

Skip23 Profile Photo
Skip23
#2Tyne Daly Withdraws From DOUBT, Amy Ryan To Replace
Posted: 2/6/24 at 5:11pm

NOW I may see this!

BorisTomashevsky
#3Tyne Daly Withdraws From DOUBT, Amy Ryan To Replace
Posted: 2/6/24 at 5:13pm

Tyne was never coming back. I wonder what the real story is here. Couldn’t learn the lines? Couldn’t stand Liev? 

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#4Tyne Daly Withdraws From DOUBT, Amy Ryan To Replace
Posted: 2/6/24 at 5:15pm

>Tyne was never coming back. I wonder what the real story is here. Couldn’t learn the lines? Couldn’t stand Liev?< 

Have you no shame? Seriously. This is both cruel and unhinged. 

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#5Tyne Daly Withdraws From DOUBT, Amy Ryan To Replace
Posted: 2/6/24 at 5:18pm

BorisTomashevsky said: "Tyne was never coming back. I wonder what the real story is here. Couldn’t learn the lines? Couldn’t stand Liev?"

Wow. What trash.

The woman is 77 years old and seldom, if ever, missed performances. While I’m sad I won’t get to see her, I would rather her recover in full and try again for another play down the road. 

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

BorisTomashevsky
#6Tyne Daly Withdraws From DOUBT, Amy Ryan To Replace
Posted: 2/6/24 at 5:20pm

Smaxie said: ">Tyne was never coming back. I wonder what the real story is here. Couldn’t learn the lines? Couldn’t stand Liev?<

"

The only shame is when false fronts are put up to hide what’s really going on. Theatre history is full of these situations.
First it was “she’ll be back in a couple of days.” Now it’s “hospitalized and not coming back but expected to make a full recovery.” Why not come back when recovered? It doesn’t add up. Do you believe everything you read? 

Updated On: 2/6/24 at 05:20 PM

Highland Guy Profile Photo
Highland Guy
#7Tyne Daly Withdraws From DOUBT, Amy Ryan To Replace
Posted: 2/6/24 at 5:21pm

BorisTomashevsky said: "Smaxie said: ">Tyne was never coming back. I wonder what the real story is here. Couldn’t learn the lines? Couldn’t stand Liev?<

"

The only shame is when false fronts are put up to hide what’s really going on. Theatre history is full of these situations. Do you believe everything you read?
"

SHUT  UP   "BORIS"

Non sibi sed patriae
Updated On: 2/6/24 at 05:21 PM

yyys
#8Tyne Daly Withdraws From DOUBT, Amy Ryan To Replace
Posted: 2/6/24 at 5:27pm

wonder if Amy Ryan has a big draw? I only know her from The Wire.

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#9Tyne Daly Withdraws From DOUBT, Amy Ryan To Replace
Posted: 2/6/24 at 5:31pm

yyys said: "wonder if Amy Ryan has a big draw? I only know her from The Wire."

In terms of name value, I'd say she and Tyne mean almost the same. She's not selling out the place on her name alone. But she's an Oscar nominee and 2x Tony nominee who some people will recognize from TV/film roles.

Liev has always been the bigger star of this revival.

ElephantLoveMedley
#10Tyne Daly Withdraws From DOUBT, Amy Ryan To Replace
Posted: 2/6/24 at 5:31pm

LOVE Amy on Only Murders in the Building. I was excited to see Tyne (and I'm sending good wishes to her and hope everything is okay), but I am perhaps even more looking forward to this one with Amy who is fabulous.

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#11Tyne Daly Withdraws From DOUBT, Amy Ryan To Replace
Posted: 2/6/24 at 5:33pm

BorisTomashevsky said: "Smaxie said: ">Tyne was never coming back. I wonder what the real story is here. Couldn’t learn the lines? Couldn’t stand Liev?<

"

The only shame is when false fronts are put up to hide what’s really going on. Theatre history is full of these situations.
First it was “she’ll be back in a couple of days.” Now it’s “hospitalized and not coming back but expected to make a full recovery.” Why not come back when recovered? It doesn’t add up.Do you believe everything you read?
"

Have you ever heard of HIPAA Privacy Rules?
Then again I guess you just prefer being miserable.

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.
Updated On: 2/6/24 at 05:33 PM

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#12Tyne Daly Withdraws From DOUBT, Amy Ryan To Replace
Posted: 2/6/24 at 5:34pm

Not that I’m representative of anything but my own opinion, but I wasn’t really interested in seeing this, but I am very interested now.

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#13Tyne Daly Withdraws From DOUBT, Amy Ryan To Replace
Posted: 2/6/24 at 5:36pm

ColorTheHours048 said: "yyys said: "wonder if Amy Ryan has a big draw? I only know her from The Wire."

Not that I’m representative of anything but my own opinion, but I wasn’t really interested in seeing this, but I amveryinterested now.
"

I assume I am in the minority but I still really want to see Isabel Keating.

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

lopside
#14Tyne Daly Withdraws From DOUBT, Amy Ryan To Replace
Posted: 2/6/24 at 5:37pm

Boris, you are  one of the most insufferable posters here. 

TalksAboutBruno Profile Photo
TalksAboutBruno
#15Tyne Daly Withdraws From DOUBT, Amy Ryan To Replace
Posted: 2/6/24 at 5:40pm

Interested in how a younger Sister Eloysius changes the power dynamics with Liev. With zero disrespect to Tyne Daly, this is a fabulous last-minute replacement.

"Lentils are one thing..."

iluvtheatertrash
#16Tyne Daly Withdraws From DOUBT, Amy Ryan To Replace
Posted: 2/6/24 at 5:42pm

Roundabout tweeted that she is expected to make a full recovery. 

https://x.com/roundaboutnyc/status/1754989245041664233?s=20 

Thank God. She's one of my favorites. 

P.S. If you all enjoy the troll, they usually get bored and leave..... 

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

iluvtheatertrash
#17Tyne Daly Withdraws From DOUBT, Amy Ryan To Replace
Posted: 2/6/24 at 5:43pm

Sigh! Siri really needs a hearing aid.... If you IGNORE the troll. So sorry. 

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#18Tyne Daly Withdraws From DOUBT, Amy Ryan To Replace
Posted: 2/6/24 at 5:43pm

"

First it was “she’ll be back in a couple of days.” Now it’s “hospitalized and not coming back but expected to make a full recovery.” Why not come back when recovered? It doesn’t add up.Do you believe everything you read?
"

WOW! Who knew you were such a hateful POS!

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

Highland Guy Profile Photo
Highland Guy
#19Tyne Daly Withdraws From DOUBT, Amy Ryan To Replace
Posted: 2/6/24 at 5:48pm

Sending my very best thoughts to both Tyne and Amy.

Non sibi sed patriae
Updated On: 2/6/24 at 05:48 PM

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#20Tyne Daly Withdraws From DOUBT, Amy Ryan To Replace
Posted: 2/6/24 at 5:55pm

Boris, you sound so incredibly foolish.  This isn't about you and your absurd and wild conspiracy theories.  

Tyne Daly has been a pro from the beginning of her career.  It's not some elaborate hoax, and that only you know what's "really going on."  

Jarethan
#21Tyne Daly Withdraws From DOUBT, Amy Ryan To Replace
Posted: 2/6/24 at 6:02pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "yyys said: "wonder if Amy Ryan has a big draw? I only know her from The Wire."

In terms of name value, I'd say she and Tyne mean almost the same. She's not selling out the place on her name alone. But she's an Oscar nominee and 2x Tony nominee who some people will recognize from TV/film roles.

Liev has always been the bigger star of this revival.
"

I almost always agree with you, but I actually disagree with you here.  I think that Tyne was the bigger draw, in what is clearly a 'tomato - tomahto' issue.  I think a lot of older people out there still think of her from Cagney and Lacy, for which she won 4 Emmy Awards, and Gypsy, for which she won a Tony after getting spectacular reviews (ironically, I did love her in Gypsy).  If this board is any barometer, I got the impression that folks were a lot more excited to see her return than Liev's, who is a fine actor also.

I do wonder whether the dynamic will be different than what it would have been with Daly / Schreiber, since (to me) Ryan reads younger than she is on stage, because of the pitch of her voice.  Will she need to play it differently than Daly would have??

JSquared2
#22Tyne Daly Withdraws From DOUBT, Amy Ryan To Replace
Posted: 2/6/24 at 6:13pm

BorisTomashevsky said: "Tyne was never coming back. I wonder what the real story is here. Couldn’t learn the lines? Couldn’t stand Liev?"

She's in the hospital. Don't be an a**hole.

JSquared2
#23Tyne Daly Withdraws From DOUBT, Amy Ryan To Replace
Posted: 2/6/24 at 6:15pm

Ever heard of a little tv show called The Office?

PipingHotPiccolo
#24Tyne Daly Withdraws From DOUBT, Amy Ryan To Replace
Posted: 2/6/24 at 6:19pm

Guys, I think we're being incredibly unfair to Boris here, they really seem to be onto something. We were told Tyne Daly was sick; turns out, she was indeed sick. This is a scandal of epic proportions and I look forward to Boris' continued intrepid efforts to uncover The Truth. 

Wishing Tyne Daly a speedy recovery, but Amy Ryan is no slouch-- lets see how quickly the team can get advertising/media out there with her (recognizable to many) face. I'd happily see this revival with any of the three actresses in the mix--thats what makes this game so interesting.

kdogg36 Profile Photo
kdogg36
#25Tyne Daly Withdraws From DOUBT, Amy Ryan To Replace
Posted: 2/6/24 at 6:24pm

BorisTomashevsky said: "The only shame is when false fronts are put up to hide what’s really going on."

If you have any evidence to support what you're saying, now is the time to come out with it.

I'm much younger than Tyne Daly, but I've been in a situation where I've been hospitalized with a non-life-threatening illness, have told my boss I'd be coming to work in a few days, then realized it would be more like a few weeks, and that was not nearly as grueling a job as starring in a Broadway show. The account given here is extremely plausible.

Videos