pixeltracker

Stage adaptation of 2018 A STAR IS BORN from Bradley Cooper & Lady Gaga in the works?

Stage adaptation of 2018 A STAR IS BORN from Bradley Cooper & Lady Gaga in the works?

hearthemsing22
#2Stage adaptation of 2018 A STAR IS BORN from Bradley Cooper & Lady Gaga in the works?
Posted: 2/26/24 at 8:57am

Dear Broadway, 

Please, I beg, do not turn every movie into a stage production, and not every stage show into a movie. 

Thx! 

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#4Stage adaptation of 2018 A STAR IS BORN from Bradley Cooper & Lady Gaga in the works?
Posted: 2/26/24 at 11:13am

Yes, please. I’d love to pay $200 to see not Lady Gaga or Bradley Cooper sing those great songs that Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper performed so well that I can listen to or watch anytime I want to for zero dollars. 

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#5Stage adaptation of 2018 A STAR IS BORN from Bradley Cooper & Lady Gaga in the works?
Posted: 2/26/24 at 11:20am

Much like GATSBY, it’s a tale as old as time and song as old as rhyme.

Unless there is a radical reimagining of this otherwise basic story, leave it alone.


Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#6Stage adaptation of 2018 A STAR IS BORN from Bradley Cooper & Lady Gaga in the works?
Posted: 2/26/24 at 11:43am

Id rather see the Judy Garland one as a musical.  It seems perfect for the stage.  The Lady Gaga one was like a rock concert.  

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#7Stage adaptation of 2018 A STAR IS BORN from Bradley Cooper & Lady Gaga in the works?
Posted: 2/26/24 at 11:53am

Jordan Catalano said: "Yes, please. I’d love to pay $200 to see not Lady Gaga or Bradley Cooper sing those great songs that Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper performed so well that I can listen to or watch anytime I want to for zero dollars."

This.

I adore the Cooper/Gaga ASIB, but that thing only has juice because of their work on screen in it.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#8Stage adaptation of 2018 A STAR IS BORN from Bradley Cooper & Lady Gaga in the works?
Posted: 2/26/24 at 12:22pm

quizking101 said: "Much like GATSBY, it’s a tale as old as time and song as old as rhyme.

Unless there is a radical reimagining of this otherwise basic story, leave it alone.
"

This adaptation is based on the 2018 Cooper/Gaga film version of the story - it's not a reimagining of the A STAR IS BORN franchise.  


TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#9Stage adaptation of 2018 A STAR IS BORN from Bradley Cooper & Lady Gaga in the works?
Posted: 2/26/24 at 12:37pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "quizking101 said: "Much like GATSBY, it’s a tale as old as time and song as old as rhyme.

Unless there is a radical reimagining of this otherwise basic story, leave it alone.
"

This adaptation is based on the 2018 Cooper/Gaga film version of the story - it's not a reimagining of the A STAR IS BORN franchise.
"

 

That was their point, dear.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#10Stage adaptation of 2018 A STAR IS BORN from Bradley Cooper & Lady Gaga in the works?
Posted: 2/26/24 at 12:43pm

A stage adaptation based on the older movies was already in the works as late as 2017 - until Cooper’s version came and changed everything when it proved to be a box office success. 

Depending on how this is eventually received, this could be an interesting “what if” to look back on. 


Life is the most precious gift in the world... embrace every moment

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#11Stage adaptation of 2018 A STAR IS BORN from Bradley Cooper & Lady Gaga in the works?
Posted: 2/26/24 at 12:56pm

Considering the source (Roger Friedman), this could be nothing.

Might work better to have some sort of non-union live touring or cruise ship show using the songs & clips from the movie alongside dancers and a live band.

Alex Kulak2
#12Stage adaptation of 2018 A STAR IS BORN from Bradley Cooper & Lady Gaga in the works?
Posted: 2/26/24 at 3:02pm

I wouldn't be opposed to a musical adaptation of the original story. There's been four versions of this movie now, all of which, to some extent, have tried to do their own thing with it (1937 and 1954 were about film actors, 1976 was about rock stars, 2018 was about country stars). Why not a version where the two leads are musical theatre performers?

verywellthensigh
#13Stage adaptation of 2018 A STAR IS BORN from Bradley Cooper & Lady Gaga in the works?
Posted: 2/26/24 at 3:16pm

How about they do a version where the girl is a talented USO singer and the guy is an Artie Shaw-type jazz man?

Wait...

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#14Stage adaptation of 2018 A STAR IS BORN from Bradley Cooper & Lady Gaga in the works?
Posted: 2/26/24 at 6:28pm

Back in 2017 it was announced that Bill Condon would be directing a stage version of the Judy Garland film.

 

https://playbill.com/article/a-star-is-born-is-heading-to-the-stage


“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

Impeach2017 Profile Photo
Impeach2017
#15Stage adaptation of 2018 A STAR IS BORN from Bradley Cooper & Lady Gaga in the works?
Posted: 2/26/24 at 8:59pm

It's somewhat surprising that no one has done it before.  My favorite is the Gaynor version.

MemorableUserName
#16Stage adaptation of 2018 A STAR IS BORN from Bradley Cooper & Lady Gaga in the works?
Posted: 2/27/24 at 9:41am

At this point they should do it as a reincarnation or time travel story about two people/souls stuck reliving the same story over and over in different eras. That way they can use all the songs from the various versions. Make the fact that audiences are seeing this story yet again part of the premise.

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#17Stage adaptation of 2018 A STAR IS BORN from Bradley Cooper & Lady Gaga in the works?
Posted: 2/27/24 at 11:23am

I don't think I'd be excited for a stage adaptation of the Garland one, but it would kind of make sense. 

 

I cannot fathom wanting to see the Gaga one onstage without the performers. There's like...nothing else to that movie, or those songs. 

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#18Stage adaptation of 2018 A STAR IS BORN from Bradley Cooper & Lady Gaga in the works?
Posted: 2/27/24 at 11:30am

MemorableUserName said: "At this point they should do it as a reincarnation or time travel story about two people/souls stuck reliving the same story over and over in different eras. That way they can use all the songs from the various versions. Make the fact that audiences are seeing this story yet again part of the premise."

Omigod! I thought of the same thing, and was coming to post that. 


"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#19Stage adaptation of 2018 A STAR IS BORN from Bradley Cooper & Lady Gaga in the works?
Posted: 2/27/24 at 12:55pm

This sounds like the psychological horror comic “Love Everlasting,” which is like Westworld for romance tropes instead of cyberpunk.

verywellthensigh
#20Stage adaptation of 2018 A STAR IS BORN from Bradley Cooper & Lady Gaga in the works?
Posted: 2/27/24 at 2:58pm

I got it:

A hip-hop version where the Bradley Cooper character is now a closeted rapper who peaked in the early nineties and the Lady Gaga role is a more openly gay rapper like Lil Naz X or Ice Spice.  Controversy and self-destruction ensue.

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#21Stage adaptation of 2018 A STAR IS BORN from Bradley Cooper & Lady Gaga in the works?
Posted: 2/27/24 at 4:56pm

verywellthensigh said: "I got it:

A hip-hop version where the Bradley Cooper character is now a closeted rapper who peaked in the early nineties and the Lady Gaga role is a more openly gay rapper like Lil Naz X or Ice Spice. Controversy and self-destruction ensue.
"

Not bad.

BETTY22
#22Stage adaptation of 2018 A STAR IS BORN from Bradley Cooper & Lady Gaga in the works?
Posted: 2/27/24 at 5:15pm

They will be adding Gaga's biggest pop hits to the score too...like Alicia Key's musical.