BobbyBubby
#25re: Dirty Rotten Kelsey?
Posted: 9/10/05 at 10:42am

Alec Baldwin, ick.

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#26re: Dirty Rotten Kelsey?
Posted: 9/10/05 at 10:49am

JonArt i could totally see charles shaughnessy do it too!

BluCat500 Profile Photo
BluCat500
#27re: Dirty Rotten Kelsey?
Posted: 9/10/05 at 10:54am

Am I the only one who can see Jack Black as Freddie?

So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.~Office Space

Urban
#28re: Dirty Rotten Kelsey?
Posted: 9/10/05 at 11:19am

Getting both Kelsey Grammar and David Hyde Pierce as replacement cast for DRS would be the coup of the century.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#29re: Dirty Rotten Kelsey?
Posted: 9/10/05 at 12:24pm

Doubt Pierce would do it but they would , indeed , be the new Dynamic Duo

Ditto for Alec Baldwin ( not )

Poster Emeritus

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#30re: Dirty Rotten Kelsey?
Posted: 9/10/05 at 12:30pm

Pierce is too young for Lawrence and totally wrong for Freddy. Would he be playing Andre?

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#31re: Dirty Rotten Kelsey?
Posted: 9/10/05 at 12:56pm

Mr Roxy, were you kidding about Nathan Lane as Freddy???
Can you say ALL WRONG FOR THE PART?

As far as Baldwin...meh.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#32re: Dirty Rotten Kelsey?
Posted: 9/10/05 at 12:59pm

Eww, I would not want to see Nathan Lane's ass cheek, and his bare chest and belly. Now with Norbert that's a different story, because he's sexy in his own way.

Mamie Profile Photo
Mamie
#33re: Dirty Rotten Kelsey?
Posted: 9/10/05 at 1:03pm

I STILL would love to see Steve Martin playing Lawrence. He's so much more low-key today than he used to be and all you have to do is watch him trying to mimic Lawrence in the movie to see that the role can really 'fit' him. And just think of the box office appeal!

www.thebreastcancersite.com
A click for life.
mamie4 5/14/03

timote316
#34re: Dirty Rotten Kelsey?
Posted: 9/10/05 at 2:08pm

Steve Martin would be a good choice. Lawrence is actually a great role for stunt casting.

Alec Baldwin? I can't see that...

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#35re: Dirty Rotten Kelsey?
Posted: 9/10/05 at 3:55pm

ALEC BALDWIN!!!!??

grizzabella
#36re: Dirty Rotten Kelsey?
Posted: 9/10/05 at 7:10pm

While I think Kelsey would be an inspired choice, apparently that's not going to happen. So: I agee with Mamie and think Steve Martin would be a delightful piece of casting, too, and it would be quite a box office coup. I also think Daniel Davis would be a fine Lawrence.
Somehow, I can't see Alec Baldwin, though, even if he's the producers' choice. I think there's still too much good-guy earnestness about him to make Lawrence believable.

"And the postman sighed as he scratched his head, you really rather thought she ought to be dead..."

nztheatreluva Profile Photo
nztheatreluva
#37re: Dirty Rotten Kelsey?
Posted: 9/10/05 at 7:39pm

I agree that Steve Martin would be really good, but Alec Baldwin?

Just no.

J'ai compris tous les mots, j'ai bien compris, merci.............

Cabchic
#38re: Dirty Rotten Kelsey?
Posted: 9/10/05 at 9:21pm

I believe John Lithgow was actually the first choice to play Frasier on Cheers but turned it down. As far as him and DHP doing DRS, I doubt it as there were rumors of them doing the Producers together but they said it might be a career ender for them and passed.

miss pennywise Profile Photo
miss pennywise
#39re: Dirty Rotten Kelsey?
Posted: 9/12/05 at 1:10am

I still think that Andy Karl would make a perfect Freddy.

As far as Kelsey Grammer turning down the part of Lawrence...maybe now that he is a bona fide Republican he refused to "sing" the Bush joke. (Just kidding! Although the part about his being a bona fide Republican is true. He, apparently, crossed over.)

Lithgow will be hard to replace. That man is the consummate performer. He doesn't seem capable of giving a bad performance.

"Be on your guard! Jerks on the loose!"

http://www.roches.com/television/ss83kod.html

"If any relationship involves a flow chart, get out of it...FAST!"

~ Best12Bars

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#40re: Dirty Rotten Kelsey?
Posted: 9/12/05 at 1:44am

Hmm very random thought prob demonstrating I have too much time on my hands but I just thought of something...you guys know the line about..."I hope you'll be able to say that when I'm old and gray, I just did" ? Well what happens if whoever takes over for Lawrence doesn't have gray/white hair. Would they take out the line, make him wear a wig for the purpose of that line, or just say it anyway?

I will miss Lithgow, many, including myself, underrate him in the show between adoring everyone else's performance. From what I've heard, I think John and Sherie will be the ones to leave when their contracts expire, I know Greg and I'm pretty sure Norbert want to/are planning to extend, think that may be true for Joanna and Sara...so will be interesting with a couple of newbies in with the originals.

Did I mention I love this show?

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli

miss pennywise Profile Photo
miss pennywise
#41re: Dirty Rotten Kelsey?
Posted: 9/12/05 at 2:44am

wickedrentq,

Lithgow wears a wig in the show. I'm sure his replacement will, too, unless he already has a full head of silvery gray hair.

"Be on your guard! Jerks on the loose!"

http://www.roches.com/television/ss83kod.html

"If any relationship involves a flow chart, get out of it...FAST!"

~ Best12Bars

mygfdontliveincanada Profile Photo
mygfdontliveincanada
#42re: Dirty Rotten Kelsey?
Posted: 9/12/05 at 2:46am

Here are my picks for re-casts of the three leads in DRS...

Lawerence...
Kelsey Grammer
Steve Martin (could be really funny since he was Freddy in the movie)
Martin Short
Phil Hartman (to bad this isn't a real possibility)
Michael Crawford (we forget that before "Phantom" he was known as a comedic actor)
Daniel Davis
David Hyde Pierce
Brian Strokes Mitchell (the part was written for him anyway)

Freddy...
Eric McCormack
Pactrick Wilson
Taye Diggs
Craig Bierko (what happened to him after "The Music Man")
Christopher Sieber

Christine...
Laura Bennati
Kelli O'Hara (if she has an alto voice)

Updated On: 9/12/05 at 02:46 AM

thespian geek Profile Photo
thespian geek
#43re: Dirty Rotten Kelsey?
Posted: 9/12/05 at 2:50am

I still think that Andy Karl would make a perfect Freddy.

I hadn't even thought of that, and I can see it, but I think David Josefsberg (sp?) would be an even better choice.

RockabyeHamlet
#44re: Dirty Rotten Kelsey?
Posted: 9/12/05 at 5:39am

I really don't think Joanna will extend. She has shown that this show is not of great importance. Norbert maybe will but I think he may take a break for a while. My choice for Freddy is...Patrick Wilson. For Lawrence, either Daniel Davis or Charles Shagussey.

"I wouldn't let Esparza's Bobby take my kids to the zoo...I'd be afraid he'd steal their ice cream and laugh."- YankeeFan
"People who like Sondheim enjoy cruelty."-LuvtheEmcee

Dummy Profile Photo
Dummy
#45re: Dirty Rotten Kelsey?
Posted: 9/12/05 at 6:10am

I just moved to London a couple of weeks ago and saw John Mahoney (Marty Crane from Frasier) as the judge in Romance at the Almeida Theatre the other day...very funny. I think Frasier is still big in the UK right now. KG would be a great Lawrence, but I don't know that he'd be up to the physical task of performing the role with verve every night...have you noticed how much of a sweat Lithgow works up? Baldwin, in my opinion, would be wonderful. The best SNLs in recent years have been when he's hosting...he's very suave and a gifted comedic actor.

wendy72 Profile Photo
wendy72
#46re: Dirty Rotten Kelsey?
Posted: 9/12/05 at 9:48am

I think Alec Balwin could be good in the role...he has played a nasty character in several roles--"Married to the Mob", "The Cooler"...so I don't think he can't play Lawrence. Can he sing well enough?

mygfdontliveincanada Profile Photo
mygfdontliveincanada
#47re: Dirty Rotten Kelsey?
Posted: 9/12/05 at 4:46pm

Just thought of other possible re-casts...

Muriel...
Christine Baransky
Marian Mazzie
Rachael York
Carol Channing
Eartha Kitt

The last two would seriously be hillarious. Who said Muriel needed to be between 40 and 60? She could be older!

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#48re: Dirty Rotten Kelsey?
Posted: 9/12/05 at 4:50pm

Miss Pennywise, I realize that, but it's purpose is to cover more of his bald spots, not change his hair color, the wig pretty much matches his hair color.

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli

xxnewgirlxx Profile Photo
xxnewgirlxx
#49re: Dirty Rotten Kelsey?
Posted: 9/12/05 at 4:54pm

In another thread, someone suggested Michael C. Hall as Freddy. I'd love to see that.