whatyouown223
#50re: Broadway Performers From Your Town
Posted: 5/30/05 at 8:37pm

Oh, and Susan Stroman.

thejcm Profile Photo
thejcm
#51re: Broadway Performers From Your Town
Posted: 5/30/05 at 11:00pm

Sara Gettelfinger (Nine, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels) and Paige Davis (Chicago and Trading Spaces) both went to my high school.

"Who says you can't bend over backwards and eat bugs if you want to? I guess the bugs would probably say you can't do that that, but assuming that they are willing and consenting bugs, then there's no problem. Let's wig out eating bugs." -RuPaul

jaded_october Profile Photo
jaded_october
#52re: Broadway Performers From Your Town
Posted: 5/30/05 at 11:07pm

none. damn.

-annie http://www.livejournal.com/users/jadedoctober http://www.myspace.com/jadedoctober
Updated On: 5/30/05 at 11:07 PM

ColumbiaMT Profile Photo
ColumbiaMT
#53re: Broadway Performers From Your Town
Posted: 5/30/05 at 11:19pm

Ashley Brown is from my hometown - Gulf Breeze, FL. Look for her as Belle starting in September.

lyfeisacabaret
#54re: Broadway Performers From Your Town
Posted: 5/30/05 at 11:22pm

Although she wasn't born here, Calista Flockhart spent most of her childhood in my area. She graduated from my high school in '83.

Also, Kevin Murphy, who wrote Reefer Madness!, and currently writes for Desperate Housewives, is from my town.

And, if it counts for anything, my voice teacher was on Broadway back in the '50s and '60s. (then Ginny Perlowin, she originated the role of the Nightingale of Samarkand in Once upon a mattress, along with many other shows.)

South Jersey! lol

FosseBoi
#55re: Broadway Performers From Your Town
Posted: 5/30/05 at 11:35pm

Sutton and Hunter are from my state, GA. A VERY good friend of mine, Kyle Minshew, is from my home town. He's done off-Bway, but still.

"I've always secretly longed for an actress to get to the top of the cherry picker and projectile vomit all over the guards below."- Wonderwaiter in the "Defy Gravity?" thread. ~~~~~~~~My dream? Sutton Foster as Cassie in A Chorus Line

broadwaystar2b Profile Photo
broadwaystar2b
#56re: Broadway Performers From Your Town
Posted: 5/31/05 at 12:05am

From Orlando?
Joey Fatone is the only pseudo-bway star I could think of off the top of my head
We do have a bunch of chorus kids though re: Broadway Performers From Your Town

Luckydave14
#57re: Broadway Performers From Your Town
Posted: 5/31/05 at 12:46am

Sara Kramer from Mamma Mia is from Rockland County, NY where I live.

musicalfandukie Profile Photo
musicalfandukie
#58re: Broadway Performers From Your Town
Posted: 5/31/05 at 3:17am

Phyllis Diller is from my home town of Lima, Ohio...it's a just a small city..lol also i seen on the news a few years ago that a young man from my town was in the producers on broadway they had a big segment about him but i couldn't for the life of me tell you who he was now or who he played....Hugh Downs is also from lima..lol i know he wasn't on broadway or anything but phyllis diller and him are lima's two big stars! Updated On: 5/31/05 at 03:17 AM

Imchristine4real Profile Photo
Imchristine4real
#59re: Broadway Performers From Your Town
Posted: 5/31/05 at 10:28am

I only know of Kristin Chenoweth having lived ANYWHERE near me. I hate living in Oklahoma...

As someone told me lately: "Ev'ryone deserves the chance to fly!"... He's there, the Phantom of the Opera!... I dreamed a dream in time gone bye... This is the moment! My final test!... PS. Couldn't choose just one :-)

Theatreboy49 Profile Photo
Theatreboy49
#60re: Broadway Performers From Your Town
Posted: 5/31/05 at 10:34am

Im live in Northbrook Illinois. MAndy Patikin lived in Skokie (20 minutes from me) and Chris Hoch actually did theatre at my current theatre so im guessing he lived in Northbrook.

<------ Me and my friends with patti Lupone at my friends afterparty for her concert with audra mcdonald during the summer of 2007.
"I am sorry but it is an unjust world and virtue is only triumphant in theatricle performances" The Mikado

mikewood
#61re: Broadway Performers From Your Town
Posted: 5/31/05 at 10:40am

You're lucky....the biggest celeb from the town I grew up in is baseball player Jason Bere. One town over was Jay Leno and Michael Chiklis' hometown of Andover, MA.

I went to the same high school as former pro wrestler Ted Arcidi.

:-/ no Broadway stars tho!

BLAH BLAH BLAH

Brodybaby03 Profile Photo
Brodybaby03
#62re: Broadway Performers From Your Town
Posted: 5/31/05 at 10:46am

Calista Flockhart went to my old High School and was a cheerleader LIKE ME :)

anybodyelse Profile Photo
anybodyelse
#63re: Broadway Performers From Your Town
Posted: 5/31/05 at 7:59pm

Hugh Panaro (The Phantom Of The Opera) (Philly)

He's a family friend and he went to Temple:)

I'm SaraH.

QtKt Profile Photo
QtKt
#64re: Broadway Performers From Your Town
Posted: 6/1/05 at 7:15pm

Don't think any Broadway stars come from Yonkers... But I know Mary J Blige and DMX are from south Yonkers and Steven Tyler went to Roosevelt HS in good ol' Y.O.!

ShineOn
#65re: Broadway Performers From Your Town
Posted: 6/3/05 at 11:19am

Oh, Mikewood... you have to be close to me. PM me and tell me where you're from. I'm right next to North Andover.

Donna Murphy was also only a hop, skip and a jump away. My mother has a mutual friend with her parents... apparently when she was nominated for her first Tony, a biiiiiiiiiig group of people from my area took a tour bus and went to the Tony's to support her! How cute is that? Her little fan club from MA!!! We New Englanders know how to represent. :)

"You! You are the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber! And you, well, I just plain don't like you."
~Stewart Gilligan Griffin

rKrispyt Profile Photo
rKrispyt
#66re: Broadway Performers From Your Town
Posted: 6/3/05 at 12:46pm

Mine are more 'up-and-coming' but too many people I did shows with in high school are working on broadway right now...

Robb Sapp, who was in Zanna Don't, Spelling Bee workshop, and is currently in Wicked (I know there are some icons of him and fansites floating around on this board...so weird to me)

Jason Weston who was in Mamma Mia and some Actor's Fund things - fabulous dancer, not sure what he's up to now

And one, Ms. Elena Shaddow, who is the nicest person you will ever meet, is on her...4th broadway show in as many years I believe - she was in Les Mis, Sweet Smell of Success, Nine, and is currently in Fiddler I'm told.

There are more, I'm just forgetting them off the top of my head. It's nice becuase it's a very "see, it's not such a crazy dream, it's really possible!" feeling but...at the same time, makes me feel like I'm so far behind re: Broadway Performers From Your Town

If I show you the darkness I hold inside, will you bring me to light?

AdamJ Profile Photo
AdamJ
#67re: Broadway Performers From Your Town
Posted: 7/24/05 at 12:26am

Andrea McArdle, Frances Sternhagen, Ernie Sabella and Ossie Davis all live in my town: New Rochelle, NY. Idina does not.

<<<<< How cute was Johnny T in High School? No, you can't ask how I got that picture :-P

Bret Profile Photo
Bret
#69re: Broadway Performers From Your Town
Posted: 7/24/05 at 1:08am

The only one I know of from Garland, TX is Candice Marie Woods, currently a Dynamite in Hairspray.

"Wherever you go... I'll be right there. When you get your own private kick in the ass, just remember: it's a present from me to you." Rose's dying words to Louise

#70re: Broadway Performers From Your Town
Posted: 7/24/05 at 1:11am

Andrea McArdle is from my town, Philly
As is HUGH PANARO...I did Dinner Theater with him ages ago.

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#71re: Broadway Performers From Your Town
Posted: 7/24/05 at 1:16am

I'm from L.A. so probably lots though I don't know specifically except that I heard Stephanie J. Block say that although she is from the OC she also lived in Studio City which would be where I am! :)

Blair
#72re: Broadway Performers From Your Town
Posted: 7/24/05 at 1:21am

Tallulah Bankhead. Her childhood home is a psuedo-museum. There's a sign that says "Tallulah Bankhead" in front of it.

Not Broadway, but Kip Driver from the national tours of Les Mis and Martin Guerre.

Sumofallthings Profile Photo
Sumofallthings
#73re: Broadway Performers From Your Town
Posted: 7/24/05 at 1:25am

Not from there but when I went to visit my friend in Wichita he was telling me about a bunch of Broadway people from there.

BSoBW2: I punched Sondheim in the face after I saw Wicked and said, "Why couldn't you write like that!?"

TabooPhan1 Profile Photo
TabooPhan1
#74re: Broadway Performers From Your Town
Posted: 7/24/05 at 1:36am

Kristen-Leigh Gorski, the dance captain from Wicked, is my ex-gym teacher's daughter, they lived in town, but there's a few personal stories I happen to know (that I won't mention) as to why we never see her around...

other than that, we've got the baseball player Steve Balboni, but that's about it. His son is very nice, I did "Don't Drink the Water" with him like 3 years ago...

And my aunt claims to know Tom Hewitt, but after months of pestering her, I'm beginning to doubt this...

I hold a degree in Musical Theatre from Montclair State University. It is useless. Now I'm funny for money. Oh, and I sing.

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#75re: Broadway Performers From Your Town
Posted: 7/24/05 at 1:52am

Oh gee, I know there are a lot of performers from Brooklyn.

Kerry Butler (she went to my high school)
Dan Fogler
Harvey Fierstein

I can't think of anymore though...

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

Videos