pixeltracker

RENT soundtrack to be released 9/27 (NOW available for pre-order!)

RENT soundtrack to be released 9/27 (NOW available for pre-order!)

loudasthehelliwant Profile Photo
loudasthehelliwant
#0RENT soundtrack to be released 9/27 (NOW available for pre-order!)
Posted: 8/3/05 at 1:31am

According to iTunes, the RENT movie soundtrack will be released on Tuesday, September 27th.

This is sooner than I could have hoped for. But still, I don't know how I'll wait that long! RENT soundtrack to be released  9/27 (NOW available for pre-order!)

At least we'll have something to tide us over for the two months until the wide release.

EDIT: There is still no cover art or track listing, but Amazon.com is taking pre-orders.

(You probably want to wait until the price goes down, which it probably will... Amazon.com has a tendency to make it higher than it is, and lower it as the release date comes closer, but sometimes the people who placed the pre-order when it was high get ripped off.)

Also take into consideration the "bonus material" iTunes has been boasting about.

"I mean, how many of us could honestly say that at one time or another he hasn't set fire to some great public building?"
Updated On: 8/21/05 at 01:31 AM

whiskedaway Profile Photo
whiskedaway
#1re: RENT soundtrack to be released 9/27
Posted: 8/3/05 at 1:35am

wow, thats less then 2 months away, how exciting! of course i wont wanna listen to the entire soundtrack untill i've seen the movie, i would like keep it a surprise i guess.

zzannahk Profile Photo
zzannahk
#2re: RENT soundtrack to be released 9/27
Posted: 8/3/05 at 1:36am

According to press release: Users who purchase the soundtrack from iTunes will be able to download bonus materials.

AND Sony is calling it the first single to be released, more to come.

Updated On: 8/3/05 at 01:36 AM

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#3re: RENT soundtrack to be released 9/27
Posted: 8/3/05 at 1:41am

Well, they are performing Take Me or Leave Me...maybe they will release that?

I could hope.

Rentaholic2
#4re: RENT soundtrack to be released 9/27
Posted: 8/3/05 at 1:46am

DADGUM---did they like JUST announce that, or what?

I'M LOVING THIS!!!

It's like every few minutes practically there is another piece....another piece of this RENT puzzle that won't be complete until Nov. 23 (or 11) and it just looks better and better everyday...thank you!!!

zzannahk Profile Photo
zzannahk
#5re: RENT soundtrack to be released 9/27
Posted: 8/3/05 at 1:50am

still nothing on amazon which claims to update new releases hourly. i'll keep checking.

You would think that the info would be on sony first!

Updated On: 8/3/05 at 01:50 AM

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#6re: RENT soundtrack to be released 9/27
Posted: 8/3/05 at 1:59am

Gah, I can't wait!

Dreamcatcher Profile Photo
Dreamcatcher
#7re: RENT soundtrack to be released 9/27
Posted: 8/3/05 at 2:10am

WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

This girl is happy!! *dances around room* I now know to save my money from my summer job so I can buy the soundtrack! It's coming out so much sooner then I had figured.

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

zzannahk Profile Photo
zzannahk
#8re: RENT soundtrack to be released 9/27
Posted: 8/3/05 at 2:15am

we'll all have to buy it twice: once on itunes for the bonus and the actual cd, hopefully it's not like phantom and they release more than one cd.

it says its being released on warner bro, but the wbrecords site hasnt been updated in months as far as new and upcoming releases go

#9re: RENT soundtrack to be released 9/27
Posted: 8/3/05 at 2:27am

can't waiittt!!

lfae Profile Photo
lfae
#10re: RENT soundtrack to be released 9/27
Posted: 8/3/05 at 3:57am

oh god that's perfect, I leave the US on the 28th so I don't have to wait eons for it to be released here re: RENT soundtrack to be released  9/27 hmm, I like the idea of being the first person in my country to have the CD re: RENT soundtrack to be released  9/27

cudramacat
#11re: RENT soundtrack to be released 9/27
Posted: 8/3/05 at 9:32am

yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Life has been your art. You have set yourself to music. Your days are your sonnets." -Oscar Wilde

bwayondabrain
#12re: RENT soundtrack to be released 9/27
Posted: 8/3/05 at 9:37am

yay!!! i cant wait to buy it!!
i really hope the movie wont be R, or else i wont be able to see it!!!! re: RENT soundtrack to be released  9/27 when do they announce the rating for movies?
well, at least my parents have seen the trailer, and are excited for the movie in a wa, i mean, my dad one time just started singing seasons of love (with all the wrong lyrics) and clapping his hands!! :P "565,025 minutes! how do you measure a man..." haha

:)

vjRichie Profile Photo
vjRichie
#13Season's Of Love single now on iTunes... Video on apple.com/quicktime
Posted: 8/3/05 at 9:54am

Season's video

"I've had two years to grow claws, Mother, and they're Jungle Red!" Mary Haines - The Women

AuditioningWaitress
#14Season's Of Love single now on iTunes... Video on apple.com/quicktime
Posted: 8/3/05 at 9:56am

Can't wait! Thanks for posting the info!

katygrace84 Profile Photo
katygrace84
#15Season's Of Love single now on iTunes... Video on apple.com/quicktime
Posted: 8/3/05 at 10:09am

SCORE! I have been so excited for this CD to come out. More excited than I think I have ever been for a CD in my whole life. I will probably be lined up at the nearest record store that morning, ready to dash right to the rack and snatch one up. I will listen to every song repeatedly and be lip-synching along in my little theater seat on the 23rd. Oh happy happy day!!

MissElphie Profile Photo
MissElphie
#16Season's Of Love single now on iTunes... Video on apple.com/quicktime
Posted: 8/3/05 at 10:10am

All this RENT stuff is so exciting I think I'm gonna hyperventilate soon. And yup, will have to buy it twice. Once on itunes and one hard copy for the pretty CD package. I can't wait.

insomniak
#17Season's Of Love single now on iTunes... Video on apple.com/quicktime
Posted: 8/3/05 at 10:18am

Bonus stuff? What kind of bonus material do they have to include? Did somebody try to write another song? Another version?

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#18Season's Of Love single now on iTunes... Video on apple.com/quicktime
Posted: 8/3/05 at 12:24pm

Holy Hell. That's REALLY SOON.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

EverythingIsRENT Profile Photo
EverythingIsRENT
#19Season's Of Love single now on iTunes... Video on apple.com/quicktime
Posted: 8/3/05 at 12:29pm

WOW, aren't soundtracks usually released a week or so before a movie opens!? We RENTheads are blessed!! But I really can't decide if I want to hear all the "new" music before I see the movie...Hmmm, i'll have to think about that.

Sunchips: Best Kept Secret in the chip aisle!!

xM3L24x Profile Photo
xM3L24x
#20Season's Of Love single now on iTunes... Video on apple.com/quicktime
Posted: 8/3/05 at 12:44pm

whats the bonus stuff if you buy it from Itunes???

WesternSky2 Profile Photo
WesternSky2
#21Season's Of Love single now on iTunes... Video on apple.com/quicktime
Posted: 8/3/05 at 12:49pm

I wasn't going to get the soundtrack until after I saw the movie.. but this is so early.. it's so tempting. And bonus features from iTunes?! What are they trying to do to me?! I think I may just cave in..

EvelynNesbit1906 Profile Photo
EvelynNesbit1906
#22Season's Of Love single now on iTunes... Video on apple.com/quicktime
Posted: 8/3/05 at 12:49pm

28 Tracks. Wow. I wonder what's on the two we don't know about... You Okay Honey? Contact? Seasons of Love B? Voicemails?

whiskedaway Profile Photo
whiskedaway
#23Season's Of Love single now on iTunes... Video on apple.com/quicktime
Posted: 8/3/05 at 1:15pm

i wonder if the soundtrack will have one of those "PARENTAL ADVISORY" warnings considering the amount of cursing and "adult themes" in the music. did they have one on the OBC?

EverythingIsRENT Profile Photo
EverythingIsRENT
#24Season's Of Love single now on iTunes... Video on apple.com/quicktime
Posted: 8/3/05 at 1:27pm

the OBC recording didn't have a warning...but I think the standards were less strict 10 years ago, so, who knows?

Sunchips: Best Kept Secret in the chip aisle!!

Videos