pixeltracker

WORST Cameo in Films by Broadway Stars

WORST Cameo in Films by Broadway Stars

jimmirae Profile Photo
jimmirae
#0WORST Cameo in Films by Broadway Stars
Posted: 12/6/05 at 3:50pm

We see them all the time, but what was the WORST? I would have to say the worst cameo I have ever seen in a film by a Broadway Star was in "CHICAGO" where for all of about 15 seconds they let Chita Rivera look like a 120 year old hooker.

"It is bad enough that people are dying of AIDS, but no one should die of ignorance." - Elizabeth Taylor

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#1re: WORST Cameo in Films by Broadway Stars
Posted: 12/6/05 at 3:53pm

:: JAW DROPS ::

catstagestud Profile Photo
catstagestud
#2re: WORST Cameo in Films by Broadway Stars
Posted: 12/6/05 at 4:11pm

What what what?! Where was Chita in that? Or am I simply blind?

Cheers,

C.

www.christopherviolett.com

apdarcey
#3re: WORST Cameo in Films by Broadway Stars
Posted: 12/6/05 at 4:15pm

i've never seen chita in chicago!

TheBoyfromChi Profile Photo
TheBoyfromChi
#4re: WORST Cameo in Films by Broadway Stars
Posted: 12/6/05 at 4:16pm

When Roxie first gets booked for killing Fred, there is a dark haired older woman smoking a cigarette who says something to the effect of Morton isn't so bad as long as you keep her happy, implying give her some money and she'll do whatever you want. That is Chita. A brilliant part of the movie, IMO.

"I hope you're all happy, keeping Alan off the team. Couldn't you, for once, open your minds and hearts and hear something that he couldn't see? I, for one, am glad that Alan is blind, so he can't see what, I am so sad to say, you can't hear." -Jerri Blank

jimmirae Profile Photo
jimmirae
#5re: WORST Cameo in Films by Broadway Stars
Posted: 12/6/05 at 4:18pm

She's sitting in the jail asking Roxie if she ever had Mama Morten before and tells her she's fine just as long as you keep her happy (giving the money signal with her fingers) then as Latifah enters a guard tells (Chita) to put out her smoke. They could not have had more make-up and worse lighting in the world, It was one of those scenes you just looked at and gasped!

"It is bad enough that people are dying of AIDS, but no one should die of ignorance." - Elizabeth Taylor

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#6re: WORST Cameo in Films by Broadway Stars
Posted: 12/6/05 at 4:20pm

I thought she had one of the best cameos by a Bway star. She was great!

Idina Menzel in JUST A KISS is hy-f*cking-sterical! All I'll say is its a graphic 30 second long scene of her having sex.

TheBoyfromChi Profile Photo
TheBoyfromChi
#7re: WORST Cameo in Films by Broadway Stars
Posted: 12/6/05 at 4:26pm

I'm with you wickedrocks...I thought it was a great cameo.She may not have looked glamorous but she's supposed to be in jail, not performing at Carnegie Hall. She was clearly supposed to be someone who's been around the block a few times, giving advice to newbie Roxie.

"I hope you're all happy, keeping Alan off the team. Couldn't you, for once, open your minds and hearts and hear something that he couldn't see? I, for one, am glad that Alan is blind, so he can't see what, I am so sad to say, you can't hear." -Jerri Blank
Updated On: 12/6/05 at 04:26 PM

ShbrtAlley44 Profile Photo
ShbrtAlley44
#8re: WORST Cameo in Films by Broadway Stars
Posted: 12/6/05 at 4:40pm

Gregg Edelman in The First Wives Club. Sits there and says absolutely nothing, then gets up and gets his tie complimented by Diane Keaton.

DramaDork925
#9re: WORST Cameo in Films by Broadway Stars
Posted: 12/6/05 at 4:45pm

Idina Menzel's one line in Kissing Jessica Stein was fairly stupid... and I sat through the whole thing just to hear her say "Are you the lesbian?"

Am I cut out to spend my time this way?

minimel8817 Profile Photo
minimel8817
#10re: WORST Cameo in Films by Broadway Stars
Posted: 12/6/05 at 5:22pm

"Idina Menzel in JUST A KISS is hy-f*cking-sterical! All I'll say is its a graphic 30 second long scene of her having sex."

I thought her cameo in that was horrible. she was just too weird...not to mention the movie sucked as well

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#11re: WORST Cameo in Films by Broadway Stars
Posted: 12/6/05 at 5:26pm

God, Idina's accents in JAK were awful...lol. A Dag? Like you walk a dag?

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

brdwaybaby17 Profile Photo
brdwaybaby17
#12re: WORST Cameo in Films by Broadway Stars
Posted: 12/6/05 at 5:30pm

"Idina Menzel's one line in Kissing Jessica Stein was fairly stupid... and I sat through the whole thing just to hear her say 'Are you the lesbian?'"

Psh, but the Broadway stars flood that movie! Also... it's just a plain old fantastic movie! I love it!

Kimmygonbefamous Profile Photo
Kimmygonbefamous
#13re: WORST Cameo in Films by Broadway Stars
Posted: 12/6/05 at 6:24pm

I'll admit, I rented "Kissing Jessica Stein" to see Idina's cameo...but I ended up loving the movie, and have since bought it. re: WORST Cameo in Films by Broadway Stars

"You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don't make money your goal. Instead, pursue the things you love doing, and do them so well that people can't take their eyes off you." - Maya Angelou

Flahooley Profile Photo
Flahooley
#14re: WORST Cameo in Films by Broadway Stars
Posted: 12/6/05 at 6:41pm

Not quite a cameo but:

Joanna Gleason in BOOGIE NIGHTS. Forgive me, please. I LOVE her, but there is something so good natured about her that doesn't click with the nasty character she played.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I had to say it.

broadway86 Profile Photo
broadway86
#15re: WORST Cameo in Films by Broadway Stars
Posted: 12/6/05 at 6:44pm

Wait... Who did she play in Boogie Nights?

I loved Spider-Man 2, but there was something surreal about seeing Dona Murphy get ripped up by shards of glass.

Britt0913 Profile Photo
Britt0913
#16re: WORST Cameo in Films by Broadway Stars
Posted: 12/6/05 at 8:45pm

Joanna Gleason played Mark Wahlberg's mother in Boogie Nights.

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#17re: WORST Cameo in Films by Broadway Stars
Posted: 12/6/05 at 8:48pm

Laura Bell Bundy In "Life With Mikey" he he she was 9 =oP

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#18re: WORST Cameo in Films by Broadway Stars
Posted: 12/6/05 at 8:54pm

I thought Gleason was brilliant in Boogie Nights.

And Shbrt, that sounds more like an extra than a cameo.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson
Updated On: 12/6/05 at 08:54 PM

WickedOne2 Profile Photo
WickedOne2
#19re: WORST Cameo in Films by Broadway Stars
Posted: 12/6/05 at 9:06pm

Carole Shelley's brief cameo in Bewitched was kind of bizarre.

"I wish the stage were as narrow as the wire of a tightrope dancer, so that no incompetent would dare step upon it." Goethe

OddExoticCreature Profile Photo
OddExoticCreature
#20re: WORST Cameo in Films by Broadway Stars
Posted: 12/7/05 at 12:08am

I was randomly watching Chicago on TV a few weeks ago and yelled, "DUDE IT'S CHITA" really loudly. Nobody else in the house cared. *shrug*

Idina in Just A Kiss is the.best.thing.ever. Whoa hello, sooooooooo hysterical. She makes a hella creepy chick with dissociative identity disorder. Usually I get pissy about people portrayals of this disorder because I had a close friend with it, but I mean come on the kind-of-sort-of-Russian-accent was just fabulous. And then the long island accent? "Dag as in 'walk the dag?'" ahahaahahahahahaaha.

and oh Carole Shelley in Bewitched was adorable!!!! Aunt Clara is the best character ever.

--Like an odd exotic creature on display inside a zoo, hearing children asking questions makes me ask some questions too...--

#21re: WORST Cameo in Films by Broadway Stars
Posted: 12/7/05 at 12:27am

as I raise my shield to cover my head from the remarks ....I dare say...

idina menzel in RENT.

The most painful overacting in recent years.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#22re: WORST Cameo in Films by Broadway Stars
Posted: 12/7/05 at 12:40am

I respect your opinion, but she was a lead, Maureen was not a cameo.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

WickedOne2 Profile Photo
WickedOne2
#23re: WORST Cameo in Films by Broadway Stars
Posted: 12/8/05 at 2:01pm

Part of the problem with Maureen is that she is obnoxious and over the top and that's how Idina played her. Maureen's Over the Moon is supposed to be terrible. I personally loved Idina in RENT. She made me actually enjoy Over the Moon which I have not really cared too much for in the 6 times I have seen the stage show.

"I wish the stage were as narrow as the wire of a tightrope dancer, so that no incompetent would dare step upon it." Goethe

wendy72 Profile Photo
wendy72
#24re: WORST Cameo in Films by Broadway Stars
Posted: 12/8/05 at 2:53pm

I agree about Joanna in "Boogie Nights"..she was a shrew.

And I understand Doug Sills was in "Deuce Bigelow: European Gigilo"...did anyone see it? I understand it was trash beginning to end.

Videos