pixeltracker

Future Elphabas & Glindas- Page 3

Future Elphabas & Glindas

ThePinballWizard Profile Photo
ThePinballWizard
#50re: Future Elphabas & Glindas
Posted: 4/6/06 at 6:23pm

Right now I'm listening to Christiane Noll sing The Girl on the Prowl from The New Moon. If you haven't heard her sing it she's amazing. She would be an amazing Glinda and of course we know she's funny, she played Hope in Urinetown!

"Isn't it strange that we spend most of our time learning to do what they put people in asylums for." - Jane Fonda on Acting

ChristineDaae Profile Photo
ChristineDaae
#51re: Future Elphabas & Glindas
Posted: 4/6/06 at 7:00pm

MANDY GONZALEZ MUST be Elphaba!!

"Life will be frozen peaches and cream. Baby, dream Your Dream" ~ SC

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#52re: Future Elphabas & Glindas
Posted: 4/6/06 at 7:09pm

Amen, Christine.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#53re: Future Elphabas & Glindas
Posted: 4/6/06 at 7:13pm

i am hoping that emily rozek gets promoted to full time glinda somewhere soon, she was fantastic

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

softershade Profile Photo
softershade
#54re: Future Elphabas & Glindas
Posted: 4/6/06 at 8:09pm

christine, i am with you 100% on that one!

artist_in_waiting
#55re: Future Elphabas & Glindas
Posted: 4/7/06 at 1:48am

CLAY AIKEN would make a great ELPHABA opposite RUBEN STUDDARD's GLINDA.. oh what I wouldn't give to see RUBEN bouncing around to POPULAR in GLINDA's lovely pink gown.. :)

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#56re: Future Elphabas & Glindas
Posted: 4/7/06 at 2:45am

Your Mom. I signed her last night.

No just kidding but James Barbour is holding auditions for the 14 year old girls and up.

*i am just being a butt*

zoran912 Profile Photo
zoran912
#57re: Future Elphabas & Glindas
Posted: 4/7/06 at 1:52pm

I just listened to "Where Does The Love Go?" on Megan's site, and I could see her playing Elphaba at some point. She has an amazing, rich alto range. She's incredible!

Justin D Profile Photo
Justin D
#58re: Future Elphabas & Glindas
Posted: 4/7/06 at 4:43pm

Eartha Kit as Morrible? Anyone? could be fun.

maybe CLoris Leachman.

as for Elphaba, I want Julia to come to Broadway, or someone with an amazing belt like Heather Headley.

I dont really care gor Galinda, but someone like Reece Witherspoon would be cool, and had her Legally Blonde experience to draw from. (but she is probably more suited for a film version)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27199361@N08/ Phantom at the Royal Empire Theatre

lesmisforever Profile Photo
lesmisforever
#59re: Future Elphabas & Glindas
Posted: 4/7/06 at 5:01pm

Leslie Henstock's Defying Gravity on her CD of the same title is very good, so perhaps she can do it one day.

"I have a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!"

#60re: Future Elphabas & Glindas
Posted: 4/7/06 at 8:34pm

I don't know about you, but if age weren't an issue it would definitely have to be Bernadette Peters as Glinda. I'd buy tickets.

#61re: Future Elphabas & Glindas
Posted: 4/7/06 at 8:34pm

I don't know about you, but if age weren't an issue it would definitely have to be Bernadette Peters as Glinda. I'd buy tickets.

catstagestud Profile Photo
catstagestud
#62re: Future Elphabas & Glindas
Posted: 4/8/06 at 2:55am

How about Heather Headley as Elphaba? Her or Sherie have my vote!

Cheers,

Christopher

www.christopherviolett.com

My Name in Lights
#63re: Future Elphabas & Glindas
Posted: 4/8/06 at 3:42am

First off, Julia deserves to be Elphaba. She's incredible!

But I'm with the rest of you, too, who vote for Mandy Gonzalez. I saw WICKED for the first time very early in its run, and when I did, I remarked that Mandy Gonzalez should be playing this role. She has the lung capacity to blow everyone else out of the room. (Does anyone remember the last note in Total Eclipse of the Heart in DOTV? How about just about every other song she sang in that show...) She never looks as though it takes much out of her to reach those notes, and she does it beautifully.

bestnurse Profile Photo
bestnurse
#64re: Future Elphabas & Glindas
Posted: 4/8/06 at 10:27am

Seriously? Julia Roberts? That is just way to big of a stretch to even consider.

Unmasked05 Profile Photo
Unmasked05
#65re: Future Elphabas & Glindas
Posted: 4/8/06 at 11:24am

SERIOUSLY Though !!!

Elphaba: Brandi Chavonne Massey...she will most likey be given the lead on Broadway.

Glinda: Kendra Kassenbaum..she will most likely go from the tour to Broadway.

Facebook...ME !!!

writteninveggies
#66re: Future Elphabas & Glindas
Posted: 5/14/06 at 5:33pm

I second Victoria Matlock. She was brilliant in Boston.

jsg03jd Profile Photo
jsg03jd
#67re: Future Elphabas & Glindas
Posted: 5/14/06 at 5:53pm

Anyone who has heard Leslie Kritzer sing live knows that she could be an amazing Elphaba. She can sing the songs technically properly and emotionally charged as well.

mrkringas Profile Photo
mrkringas
#68re: Future Elphabas & Glindas
Posted: 5/14/06 at 6:01pm

When Leslie was interview on Chatterbox she made clear that she didnt feel comfortable with those vocals 8x a week and it was not the role for her. I think Seth challenged her on that point and she was quite "No I would rather not"

It was a few months ago so memory may have jumbled it up a bit!

#69re: Future Elphabas & Glindas
Posted: 5/14/06 at 6:25pm

Kate Reinders, on May 30th, is replacing Megan as Glinda on Broadway

:)

and for those who voted Mandy Gonzalez as Elphie... I second that!!!!

AshleyBrownFan123 Profile Photo
AshleyBrownFan123
#70re: Future Elphabas & Glindas
Posted: 5/14/06 at 8:09pm

Mc Pheever!

Let us milk the cow that is theatre-Monica Trausch

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#71re: Future Elphabas & Glindas
Posted: 5/14/06 at 9:21pm

I'm inclined to think that Idina and Kristin will never again play together in "Wicked". I was under the impression that there was a mutual "loathing". For those of those not in the "know", was it just a one time clash or did it occur all during their run with the show? Everything looked all hunkydorey during the Tony Awards or was that exceptional acting? from Roman in Austin, Texas

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#72re: Future Elphabas & Glindas
Posted: 5/14/06 at 9:30pm

"She has an amazing, rich alto range."

She goes the lowest during the final note in INTG (reprise.)

It sounds amazing. And this sounds kinda dilly, but during the song she adjusts her engagement ring and then rips it off during the last note. It's never on her hand again.

Fantastic!

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

ruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
#73re: Future Elphabas & Glindas
Posted: 5/15/06 at 7:11am

Am I the only one who wants to see Ruthie Henshall as Elphaba and thinks she will bring a very different dimension of the role?

All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings

withoutlovewithoutU Profile Photo
withoutlovewithoutU
#74re: Future Elphabas & Glindas
Posted: 5/15/06 at 11:42am

Okay if they were ever going to do stuntcasting for Wicked (I know cringe) I could see Megan Mullaly (sp) would be a wonderful Glinda!

"If we don't live happily ever after at least we survive until the end of the week!" -Kermit the frog "I need the money... it costs a lot to look this cheap!" -Dolly P. "Oh please, Over at 'Gypsy' Patti LuPone hasn't even alienated her first daughter yet!" Mary Testa in "Xanadu" "...Like a drunk Chita Rivera!" Robin de Jesus in "In the Heights"

"B*tch, I don't know your life." -Xanadu After that if he still doesn't understand why you were uncomfortable and are now infuriated, kick him again but this time with Jazz Hands!!! -KillerTofu

Videos