Favorite Disney Production

OH_so_TRENDYxx Profile Photo
OH_so_TRENDYxx
#0Favorite Disney Production
Posted: 6/15/06 at 11:33pm

I'd have to say Aida, because it was just incredible.
Second would probably be Tarzan Updated On: 6/15/06 at 11:33 PM

aspiringactress Profile Photo
aspiringactress
#1re: Favorite Disney Production
Posted: 6/15/06 at 11:35pm

meh...disney...

"We don't value the lily less for not being made of flint and built to last. Life's bounty is in it's flow, later is too late. Where is the song when it's been sung, the dance when it's been danced? It's only we humans who want to own the future too." - Tom Stoppard, Shipwreck

TLKfan Profile Photo
TLKfan
#2re: Favorite Disney Production
Posted: 6/16/06 at 12:59am

lol TLK. I know people hate it, but I'd don't like some of their shows either. :)

Tarzan?? I've heard some of the music and pics and it really doesn't interest me.

Everyone is going to put hate posts on here, just so you know.

2008 European Tour
London: Les Mis, Lion King, Sound of Music, Joseph, Hairspray, Billy Elliot
France: Le Roi Lion, Cabaret
Germany: Der Konig der Lowen
Holland: Tarzan & Les Mis

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#3re: Favorite Disney Production
Posted: 6/16/06 at 1:01am

Tarzan, definitely.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

StageGuy99 Profile Photo
StageGuy99
#4re: Favorite Disney Production
Posted: 6/16/06 at 1:34am

I must say Tarzan would be my least favorite, I was seriously unimpressed with it. I REALLY enjoy the German cast recording of Hunchback but if we are just going with shows that have been in the US I would have to go with Lion King, simply for the technical aspect. Julie Taymor did amazing things!

"The stage is not merely the meeting place of all the arts, but it is also the return of art to life." -Oscar Wilde

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#5re: Favorite Disney Production
Posted: 6/16/06 at 9:01am

I thought Lion King was a stroke of genius with Julie T. Great show- the only one Disney has done that wowed me.

"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck

Justin D Profile Photo
Justin D
#6re: Favorite Disney Production
Posted: 6/16/06 at 9:03am

for me it would be the lion king also, but tied in second would be Aida and Hunchback (Glockner, whatever)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27199361@N08/ Phantom at the Royal Empire Theatre

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#7re: Favorite Disney Production
Posted: 6/16/06 at 9:10am

On first viewing, I was very impressed with 'Lion King', however when I saw it a second time, it had lost much of it's 'wow' factor. 'Aida', on the other hand, held up well over several viewings, even though it didn't have the intial impact of 'Lion King'. I was bored by 'Beauty and the Beast', and I have no desire to see 'Tarzan'. However, I am looking forward to 'Mary Poppins'.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

OH_so_TRENDYxx
#8re: Favorite Disney Production
Posted: 6/16/06 at 12:25pm

I get why people hate Tarzan, I mean there were a few things i would have changed BUT it was better than the Lion King in my opinion...

mijofly19
#9re: Favorite Disney Production
Posted: 6/16/06 at 12:29pm

Either The Lion King or Aida.

WickedRentEder Profile Photo
WickedRentEder
#10re: Favorite Disney Production
Posted: 6/16/06 at 12:31pm

Ok, I'm going to say it: Beauty & the Beast! I loved the show, Susan Egan was amazing! Yeah, it was that long ago! LOL!

I thought it was a great show. I didn't see Aida (didn't interest me) and haven't seen Lion King yet. Hoping to take my little nephew when he's a little older.

Looking forward to Mary Poppins!

OH_so_TRENDYxx
#11re: Favorite Disney Production
Posted: 6/16/06 at 12:32pm

oh yeah beauty and the beast was VERY GOOD

Buscee
#12re: Favorite Disney Production
Posted: 6/16/06 at 12:41pm

Lion King because of Julie T.

Tarzan is a total embarassment. One of the worst evenings I ever spent in a theatre.

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#13re: Favorite Disney Production
Posted: 6/16/06 at 12:46pm

Beauty and the Beast

mejusthavingfun Profile Photo
mejusthavingfun
#14re: Favorite Disney Production
Posted: 6/16/06 at 12:49pm

Tarzan is garbage. The only thing remotely interesting to me was the vine background...but that green gave me a headache that lasted two days. Whats with the audio in that place? Is the rigging or something so loud they need to amp it up?

kate2
#15re: Favorite Disney Production
Posted: 6/16/06 at 12:52pm

I was obsessed with AIDA after I saw it, so AIDA is definitely my favorite.

colleen_lee
#16re: Favorite Disney Production
Posted: 6/16/06 at 12:52pm

Definitely The Lion King. Julie's work was fantastic.

"You just can't win. Ever. Look at the bright side, at least you are not stuck in First Wives Club: The Musical. That would really suck. " --Sueleen Gay

Mother's Younger Brother Profile Photo
Mother's Younger Brother
#17re: Favorite Disney Production
Posted: 6/16/06 at 12:54pm

While Mary Poppins is gloriously designed and staged, the overall show just didn't "click" with me. So I'll say Aida.

BroadwayBaby21
#18re: Favorite Disney Production
Posted: 6/16/06 at 1:18pm

Aida. and second would be Lion King, as the costumes are amazing. :)

-If you don't like your fate, change it. You are your own master.- Aida

LumBabsFan Profile Photo
LumBabsFan
#19re: Favorite Disney Production
Posted: 6/16/06 at 1:27pm

All right I'm going to say it: B&B, 60 times on Tues for the 5000th performance. Love my "family at the Lunt." =)

Go ahead, laugh and snark, nothing can possibly hurt me here as I've read it all =)

The Official Peter Flynn Website www.peter-flynn.com Faith Kelter, LumBabsFan, Webmaster.

wickedmenzel318 Profile Photo
wickedmenzel318
#20re: Favorite Disney Production
Posted: 6/16/06 at 1:42pm

Mary Poppins i though was absolutely amazing. Had a great time and loved it. Can't wait for it to come to Broadway either.

wickedmenzel318
#21re: Favorite Disney Production
Posted: 6/16/06 at 1:42pm

Mary Poppins i though was absolutely amazing. Had a great time and loved it. Can't wait for it to come to Broadway either.

wickedmenzel318
#22re: Favorite Disney Production
Posted: 6/16/06 at 1:43pm

mikeyb16 Profile Photo
mikeyb16
#23re: Favorite Disney Production
Posted: 6/16/06 at 4:23pm

what can i say, i think theyre all great. but if i had to pick, i'd go beauty and beast

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#24re: Favorite Disney Production
Posted: 6/16/06 at 4:30pm

Aida for original stuff.

Lion King for animated stuff.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

Videos