pixeltracker

Best version of "And I Am Telling You"

Best version of "And I Am Telling You"

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#1Best version of "And I Am Telling You"
Posted: 11/16/07 at 7:04pm

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I wanted to share this girl's version of "And I Am Telling You" that I found on youtube; I think it's the best version I have heard! Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj51HxP6Bg0

BDrischBDemented
#2re: Best version of 'And I Am Telling You'
Posted: 11/16/07 at 7:23pm

Jake Gyllenhaal's is still the best. And those arms... mmmm.

"Your lyrics lack subtlety! You can't just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!"

YankeeMate Profile Photo
YankeeMate
#2re: Best version of 'And I Am Telling You'
Posted: 11/16/07 at 7:32pm

Parrot. The words of the song are beyond her comprehension. Like Streisand. Sounds all right, but where's the believable delivery? Has Babs ever had rain on her parade? So too I doubt that youtube girl has ever woken 'up tomorrow morning' and found her lover not there.

brainlessorwise Profile Photo
brainlessorwise
#3re: Best version of 'And I Am Telling You'
Posted: 11/16/07 at 7:50pm

I think the words are both literally and figuratively beyond her comprehension. She's got a great voice but her "...no, no no way, I'm livin without you" is like a child who doesn't get a toy she wants in the store.

Ms. Holiday- 1st
Jake- a distant but enjoyable second

Joshua488
#4re: Best version of 'And I Am Telling You'
Posted: 11/16/07 at 7:57pm

My friends and I have been following this girl on YouTube since last year. We're not sure if she has any idea of what she's saying, but we sure do love to listen to her sing and watch her perform.

Her name is Charice Pempengco.

Joshua488
#5re: Best version of 'And I Am Telling You'
Posted: 11/16/07 at 7:58pm

Double post.
Updated On: 11/16/07 at 07:58 PM

Lynnespock2
#6re: Best version of 'And I Am Telling You'
Posted: 11/16/07 at 8:09pm

Jennifer Holiday took my breath away. It was one of the most memorable experiences of my life.

I did like Jake too, but for different reasons...

Live long and prosper. Marriage equity now!

Ed_Mottershead
#7re: Best version of 'And I Am Telling You'
Posted: 11/16/07 at 8:11pm

Hands down, Jennifer Holliday. I saw her in Dreamgirs 3 times and every time the theare went beserk. No one has ever touched her.

BroadwayEd

AKDPerformer Profile Photo
AKDPerformer
#8re: Best version of 'And I Am Telling You'
Posted: 11/17/07 at 1:49am

Jennifer Holiday's performance at the Tony's.

Breathtaking.

"We need people not to come to Broadway shows wearing shorts and flip-flops. We are working hard up here folks. Find a pair of socks."-Joanna Gleason "I hear L. Ron Hubbard is gonna blow the ladies...and all that jazz! C'mon babe! We're gonna unicorn hug, I bought some NyQuil down....at Wal-Mart?!"-Bebe Neuwirth singing ATJ to Musical Mad Libs at DQYNJ :)

Chason Profile Photo
Chason
#9re: Best version of 'And I Am Telling You'
Posted: 11/17/07 at 4:57am

I'm TIRED of it, to be honest - BUT I think that girl in CAMP did the best!

George: Rubbing alcohol for you, Martha? Martha: Never mix, never worry!

Greekmusicalfan Profile Photo
Greekmusicalfan
#10re: Best version of 'And I Am Telling You'
Posted: 11/17/07 at 5:12am

OMG !!! That little girl's voice is AMAZING !!!!! Check her belt Beyonce's "Listen" !!!! Incredible, rich, unbelievable voice !! And she is only 14-15 years old !!!!

Chason Profile Photo
Chason
#11re: Best version of 'And I Am Telling You'
Posted: 11/17/07 at 8:52am

They even know of CAMP in Greece. There truly IS a God.

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#12re: Best version of 'And I Am Telling You'
Posted: 11/17/07 at 10:02am

wow that girl is Fantastic

Jenifer Holiday back in the day did the best version but now she sounds a bloody mess when she sings it

Jenifer Hudson also blew me away in the film, i had shivers down my spine all he way through it

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

JRybka Profile Photo
JRybka
#13re: Best version of 'And I Am Telling You'
Posted: 11/17/07 at 10:12am

there is a version by (of all people) Bonnie Tyler that I have that I have to say is very very interesting. I like it the more I listen to it but I have to say Jennifer Holliday's version from the Tony's was the best IMHO.

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."

Lynnespock2
#14re: Best version of 'And I Am Telling You'
Posted: 11/17/07 at 10:19am

Jennifer Holiday did it without benefit of retakes and voice enhancements that might be done in a film. Talk about a show stopper, she ripped the audience apart. My husband had a friend whose name I remember as CB who was in the ensemble. I took my 6 year daughter (at that time) to see it and she didn't want to leave her seat because she was afraid someone would take it. Even a six year old was blown away by Ms. Hudson. Wonder what happened to Charles Bernard? He was very talented.

Jennifer Hudson didn't sound so wonderful when she did it at an award show, think it was the Oscars. I like her a lot, but didn't think it was her best performance.

Ok, is it Jenifer or Jennifer?

Live long and prosper. Marriage equity now!

pab Profile Photo
pab
#15re: Best version of 'And I Am Telling You'
Posted: 11/17/07 at 11:11am

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.cfm?boardname=bway&thread=947749

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.cfm?boardname=bway&thread=948415

"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"

Greekmusicalfan Profile Photo
Greekmusicalfan
#16re: Best version of 'And I Am Telling You'
Posted: 11/17/07 at 12:10pm

Chason, yep, I own CAMP on DVD, but my post was actually about the girl on the link !

Chason Profile Photo
Chason
#17re: Best version of 'And I Am Telling You'
Posted: 11/18/07 at 3:04am

Oh! Sorry. I misunderstood. Well you like CAMP, anyway. What thread, exactly, is it that has the woman/girl singing that you like best?
I like whatever YOU like (but let me test it out, for sure). :)~

ruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
#18re: Best version of 'And I Am Telling You'
Posted: 11/18/07 at 8:26am

Best version? Jon Robyns as Princeton singing it to Simon Lipkin's Trekkie Monster, finshing with a kiss XDD
That's the best rendition of the song!

All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings

anpat13
#19re: Best version of 'And I Am Telling You'
Posted: 11/18/07 at 12:43pm

Jennifer Holiday on the Broadway Leading Ladies DVD brings the house down, and that's amidst some of the best vocalists around. Def my favorite performances

Neverandy Profile Photo
Neverandy
#20re: Best version of 'And I Am Telling You'
Posted: 11/18/07 at 12:51pm

There is a great version of a tall thin white woman singing it at some community theater that was posted a few months back on "the site that can't named"
Definitely worth searching

Other than that, did you enjoy the play Mrs Lincoln?

sondheimboy2 Profile Photo
sondheimboy2
#21re: Best version of 'And I Am Telling You'
Posted: 11/18/07 at 1:39pm

A child singing "And I Am Telling You" reminds me of the old joke about a child mixing martinis:

Not only is it unseemly, they use too much vermouth.

"A coherent existance after so many years of muddle" - Desiree' Armfelt, A Little Night Music "Life keeps happening everyday, Say Yes" - 70, Girls, 70 "Life is what you do while you're waiting to die" - Zorba

MargoChanning
#22re: Best version of 'And I Am Telling You'
Posted: 11/18/07 at 1:42pm

Fran Lebowitz?

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney

Jonny boy Profile Photo
Jonny boy
#23re: Best version of 'And I Am Telling You'
Posted: 11/18/07 at 1:45pm

WOW!!!! That little girl has some lungs!!! I'm sure we will here more about her in the futer.....Thanks for sharing... she is AMAZING!!

singtopher Profile Photo
singtopher
#24re: Best version of 'And I Am Telling You'
Posted: 11/18/07 at 2:04pm

My personal favorite is Christine Pedi.

"If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it." -Stephen Colbert