News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

YF was on TKTS Saturday for the Matinée show

YF was on TKTS Saturday for the Matinée show

billynj Profile Photo
billynj
#1YF was on TKTS Saturday for the Matinée show
Posted: 12/4/07 at 11:19pm

I walked by the TKTS booth in the afternoon YF was posted, it could have been the post strike drop off from the monopoly they were enjoying but a guess some fans got some great seats
at half price

poor Mel
ps I am thinking of shorting Live Nation the rest of the way to bk

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#2re: YF was on TKTS Saturday for the Matinée show
Posted: 12/4/07 at 11:41pm

That's interesting.
No wonder Mel didn't want the numbers posted.

MargoChanning
#2re: YF was on TKTS Saturday for the Matinée show
Posted: 12/4/07 at 11:42pm

Don't feel sorry for Mel yet. The Variety estimate for YF last week was $1.6 million -- the highest gross on Broadway.

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#3re: YF was on TKTS Saturday for the Matinée show
Posted: 12/4/07 at 11:46pm

Are you 100% sure it was Young Frankenstein the broadway musical and not Frankenstein the off-broadway musical? Because it's not posted as being at TKTS on the website for any day in the past week.

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#4re: YF was on TKTS Saturday for the Matinée show
Posted: 12/4/07 at 11:47pm

"guess some fans got some great seats"

I doubt that... I stopped using TKTS because the available seats were always in the s*h*i*t sections.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#5re: YF was on TKTS Saturday for the Matinée show
Posted: 12/4/07 at 11:52pm

Is Variety posting the numbers illeagally? (sic)
or are they just estimating?

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#6re: YF was on TKTS Saturday for the Matinée show
Posted: 12/4/07 at 11:58pm

Variety is just a estimate.

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

Joy Behar Profile Photo
Joy Behar
#7re: YF was on TKTS Saturday for the Matinée show
Posted: 12/5/07 at 12:25am

come on guys, it wasn't YOUNG frankenstein. it was frankenstein, the off-broadway smash hit. i know this, because i bought a ticket for it at TKTS on saturday for the matinee. it's my favorite show. i have seen in 19 times. steve blanchard is a god. can't wait for the album.

god, what am i going to do december 10?

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#8re: YF was on TKTS Saturday for the Matinée show
Posted: 12/5/07 at 1:00am

Joy,

Billy just wanted a reason to bash Brooks, since there has not been one for a couple of days. Also since the strike ended he's had nothing else to post, so going after Brooks is a easy target.

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#9re: YF was on TKTS Saturday for the Matinée show
Posted: 12/5/07 at 1:09am

I was at TKTS on Saturday and YF was not on there.

F was, however.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
Updated On: 12/5/07 at 01:09 AM

mywonderwa11 Profile Photo
mywonderwa11
#10re: YF was on TKTS Saturday for the Matinée show
Posted: 12/5/07 at 4:45am

I was there on Saturday as well and did not see YF...only F.

And Joy...Frankenstein is your favorite show? Really? Wow...

"Somethin's comin', I don't know what it is but it is gonna be great!"

mc1227 Profile Photo
mc1227
#11re: YF was on TKTS Saturday for the Matinée show
Posted: 12/5/07 at 7:08am

Sorry to burst your bubble Billy, but I was at the show on Sunday and there wasn't an empty seat in the house. Some people did come in last minute perhaps seats were sold at the box office right before curtain but they were not premiums.

The only review of a show that matters is your own.

Fat Actor Profile Photo
Fat Actor
#12re: YF was on TKTS Saturday for the Matinée show
Posted: 12/5/07 at 11:36am

I don't think we'll see YF on TKTS for years...if ever.

"Who do ya gotta F#%k to get a break in this town?!!!"-Max, The Producers.

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#13re: YF was on TKTS Saturday for the Matinée show
Posted: 12/5/07 at 11:47am

"it was frankenstein, the off-broadway smash hit."

Really? You mean the one that is now closing, supposedly early?

WestVillage Profile Photo
WestVillage
#14re: YF was on TKTS Saturday for the Matinée show
Posted: 12/5/07 at 12:40pm

"it was frankenstein, the off-broadway smash hit."

Um, excuse me, but do you know the difference between a smash hit and a huge bomb? How could you sit through that turkey 19 times????

Cape Twirl of Doom Profile Photo
Cape Twirl of Doom
#15re: YF was on TKTS Saturday for the Matinée show
Posted: 12/5/07 at 1:11pm

re: YF was on TKTS Saturday for the Matinée show

"It's Phantom meets Hamlet... Phamlet!"

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#16re: YF was on TKTS Saturday for the Matinée show
Posted: 12/5/07 at 1:29pm

Being on TKTS isn't a death blow. I'm sure the seats were far back. It's a huge house. Putting out discounted tix doesn't mean a show is closing. Shows that have been running for years are on TKTS on a regular basis.

Try again YF haters. The show is not going away.

mauriposa
#17re: YF was on TKTS Saturday for the Matinée show
Posted: 12/5/07 at 3:34pm

Ok. I suppose I can put my eyes back in their sockets now.

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#18re: YF was on TKTS Saturday for the Matinée show
Posted: 12/5/07 at 6:00pm

I don't know one way or another, but it *could* be possible that some of the premium seats went unsold and went up at the last minute for a few minutes. I've seen it happen with other sold out shows before. That could easily happen last minute AND only up for a few minutes before they're sold out, so if you're not one of the people who stands there and tells people about the shows, you might not know that something was up briefly.

Just a thought.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

localonedude
#19re: YF was on TKTS Saturday for the Matinée show
Posted: 12/5/07 at 8:15pm

Hey billynj, What did Mel do to you ! Is there something we should know here?? Can you read or do you need help. If you looked at the board and saw YF up there .Thats some good stuff you got there.. Every night i look out at the the hilton house. Its packed and there eating it with 2 spoons. I know you hate it.Let me know if you want a backstage tour..

jake6970
#20re: YF was on TKTS Saturday for the Matinée show
Posted: 12/5/07 at 8:19pm

TKTS does give great seats sometimes. I got great 3rd row seats for Xanadu.

billynj Profile Photo
billynj
#21re: YF was on TKTS Saturday for the Matinée show
Posted: 12/5/07 at 11:19pm

Local one dude... i just dont think Mel is funny...He thinks the average fan is a sucker, thats why he wont post the gross..cause he needs to keep the suckers in the dark...

anyway ..this was on google today

Comparing Selected Primary and Secondary Ticket Prices
By Alfred Branch, Jr.

Contrary to conventional wisdom, savvy theatergoers can find ticket deals on the secondary market for one of Broadway’s more popular musicals this season, Mel Brooks’ latest smash, “Young Frankenstein”.

Based on a review today, Dec. 5, for a Dec. 6 show at the Hilton Theatre in New York, prices for various tickets from primary ticketer Ticketmaster and ticket broker CoastToCoastTickets.com showed that the secondary ticket reseller had some better deals. “Young Frankenstein” does not report its gross ticket sales, but according to estimates the show racked up about $1.6 million in gross ticket sales last week.

CoastToCoastTickets.com was selling Orchestra Level tickets for the show, minus convenience and shipping fees, for $66 each, while those same seats were selling for a face value of $120 a piece, minus convenience and shipping charges. Balcony Level seats were also a bargain, selling for $36 each on CoastToCoastTickets.com, compared to $50 to $75 a piece from Ticketmaster. In both cases, convenience and shipping fees again were not included.

In recent months, secondary ticket brokers have come under considerable criticism for allegedly hijacking the ticketing industry, and while there are examples of exorbitant prices for hot shows, observant consumers will find that the burgeoning secondary market often presents significant deals.

On the sports front, deals for tickets to New York Knicks games still abound, similar to deals reported last week for tickets to Knicks games and other teams.

TicketSpot.com today, Dec. 5, was selling Club Level tickets to the Knicks/76ers game for Dec. 8 for $182 each, compared to $244.50 a piece from Ticketmaster and $280 each from the team’s official TicketExchange. Tickets for 200 Level seats, found today for the same game, were selling for $72 each from TicketSpot.com and $99.50 and $111.15 a piece from Ticketmaster and the Knicks exchange, respectively.

(The image accompanying this story is from Playbill.com)

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#22re: YF was on TKTS Saturday for the Matinée show
Posted: 12/5/07 at 11:26pm

Dear Genius,

Did you write that article?

If you did write it, and for your own publication, then your credibility is in question.

If you did not write it, and are copying and pasting it here without a link to the source, then you are a PLAGIARIST.

So either way, your attempt at making a point here is invalid.

Besides, don't you think you should give it a rest after your Strike Thread Binge?

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

billynj Profile Photo
billynj
#23re: YF was on TKTS Saturday for the Matinée show
Posted: 12/6/07 at 12:08pm

re: YF was on TKTS Saturday for the Matinée show

Dear Foster, whats with the name calling ...

really I wrote the Time Magazine article from a few weeks ago

Well, the sparks surely fly in Young Frankenstein's oversized '30s-horror-film stage laboratory. But the show, which opened Thursday night at Broadway's Hilton Theatre, is missing much of the electricity that made The Producers such a monster hit.

What went wrong? A few theories.

Start with the source material

"The difference is that The Producers had a solid, even ingenious, comic storyline — about a Broadway producer who sets out to create a bomb show so he can run off with all the investors' money. Young Frankenstein is, by contrast, mainly a series of goofs on old horror-movie clichés — gags that don't resonate as well on stage, and that lack the comic propulsion that keeps The Producers moving along. "

"I may be too harsh. If The Producers had never existed, Young Frankenstein would be a reasonably entertaining addition to Broadway's fall season — and it may yet be a big hit. But we have a right to higher standards. Mel Brooks is no longer the inspired amateur. Now he's a Broadway monster, repeating himself. "

http://www.time.com/time/arts/article/0,8599,1682320,00.html

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#24re: YF was on TKTS Saturday for the Matinée show
Posted: 12/6/07 at 2:56pm

Frankenstien (off b'way) is INDEED closign on 12/9.

It was hoping to be an open run show...not limited engagement.

I had wanted to see it, but alas, alack, I will not.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Videos