pixeltracker

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/1

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/1

Rob Profile Photo
Rob
#1Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/1
Posted: 6/3/08 at 11:15am

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/1 Click below to access all the grosses from all the shows for the week ending 6/1/2008 in BroadwayWorld.com's grosses section.

Also, you will find information on each show's historical grosses, cumulative grosses and other statistics on how each show stacked up this week and in the past.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/grosses.cfm

mallardo Profile Photo
mallardo
#2re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/1
Posted: 6/3/08 at 11:30am

Chorus Line 49%.... Cry-Baby 55%.... Gypsey 60%... Legally Blonde 58%... Passing Strange 50%....

Yet the un-nominated A Catered Affair continues its relatively strong showing. Go figure.

Faced with these Loreleis, what man can moralize!

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#2re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/1
Posted: 6/3/08 at 11:34am

I know this has been brought up before - what the heck will happen if Legally Blonde closes before the reality show is over? Are they forced to stay open now? Obviously they cannot go on the tour because of Becky Gulsvig.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#3re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/1
Posted: 6/3/08 at 11:35am

Eesh, A Chorus Line.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

broadwayjim42
#4re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/1
Posted: 6/3/08 at 11:38am

What the hell happened?

A little surprised that "Xanadu" fell so far, cause Thursday night at least had a pretty full orchestra and a fuller mezzanine than on previous visits.

musikman Profile Photo
musikman
#5re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/1
Posted: 6/3/08 at 11:43am

Those numbers hurt my eyes

-There's the muddle in the middle. There's the puddle where the poodle did the piddle."

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#6re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/1
Posted: 6/3/08 at 11:48am

Hello crappy economy! re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/1

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#7re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/1
Posted: 6/3/08 at 11:49am

Memorial Day weekend happened. there weren't that many people (comparatively) in the City last weekend. although I still couldn't get rush seats for August or cheap mezz seats for In the Heights, so go figure.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#8re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/1
Posted: 6/3/08 at 11:54am

Memorial Day and I suspect graduations and end of school year stuff.

Just give the world Love.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#9re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/1
Posted: 6/3/08 at 11:59am

"Hello crappy economy!"

I hear ya, it's been HELL trying to find a summer job.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

SaraRfan
#10re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/1
Posted: 6/3/08 at 11:59am

Looking at those numbers it's no surprise Spamalot is looking to more stunt casting to bring back the numbers they had when Clay was in the show.

Rotel1026
#11re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/1
Posted: 6/3/08 at 1:30pm

Chorus Line's numbers have been down in the dumps for awhile. Even Mario's big biceps didn't seem to help much.

frontrowcentre2 Profile Photo
frontrowcentre2
#12re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/1
Posted: 6/3/08 at 1:37pm

Could it be all the comps handed out to Tony voters? that would put people (or at least voters) in the seats but not help the grosses any.

Cast albums are NOT "soundtracks."
Live theatre does not use a "soundtrack." If it did, it wouldn't be live theatre!

I host a weekly one-hour radio program featuring cast album selections as well as songs by cabaret, jazz and theatre artists. The program, FRONT ROW CENTRE is heard Sundays 9 to 10 am and also Saturdays from 8 to 9 am (eastern times) on www.proudfm.com

keen on kean Profile Photo
keen on kean
#13re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/1
Posted: 6/3/08 at 2:31pm

It's summer - where are the tourists when we need them?

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#14re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/1
Posted: 6/3/08 at 3:24pm

Well, I'm goin' up this weekend, that should add like...$50 to two shows! Those are pretty awful grosses. Even In The Heights dropped like 14%, I thought all the Tony noms would help it out for quite a while, then it would just explode for like a month after the Tonys...

A Catered Affair just keeps pulling people in despite everything, that's wonderful.

Vespertine1228 Profile Photo
Vespertine1228
#15re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/1
Posted: 6/3/08 at 3:52pm

Even though fewer people than ever were supposedly going out of town over the Memorial Day weekend, I just don't think that transferred into them going to the theatre.

It's just one of those transition weeks. I haven't seen anything in the past week either because there just wasn't any time.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#16re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/1
Posted: 6/3/08 at 4:00pm

Ouch!! Everyone dropped except the usually big sellers, Jersey Boys, The Lion King & Wicked.

Here's hoping A Chorus Line's numbers pick-up during the summer. %49 capacity/$271K is sad.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#17re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/1
Posted: 6/3/08 at 4:06pm

Nothing went up. Ouch.

george95
#18re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/1
Posted: 6/3/08 at 4:07pm

I think some of you need to look at the historical grosses before you get so upset.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#19re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/1
Posted: 6/3/08 at 4:10pm

That's why I'm not worried about ACL closing soon. They still have a huge profit from it's first 1 1/2 years, plus the national tour is selling well(from what i've heard). I still think they do decent numbers over the summer 80%/450K.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Yankeefan007
#20re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/1
Posted: 6/3/08 at 4:12pm

I want to know why people think Stephen Collins and Drew Lachey are examples stunt casting?

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#21re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/1
Posted: 6/3/08 at 5:27pm

It's summer - where are the tourists when we need them?

Schools don't let out until the end of June.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

skb2010 Profile Photo
skb2010
#22re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/1
Posted: 6/3/08 at 5:40pm

Jersey Boys sold more then 100% of their seats. What?

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I? I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.

scaryclowns223 Profile Photo
scaryclowns223
#23re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/1
Posted: 6/3/08 at 5:49pm

Skb- standing room. It's quite common, actually.

And Cry-Baby still has an average ticket price in the $30 range.
How does that happen?
Are they still heavily papering?

skb2010 Profile Photo
skb2010
#24re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/1
Posted: 6/3/08 at 5:55pm

Ahh. I had no idea they did that.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I? I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.