pixeltracker

Helen Hayes Theatre - What's Next?- Page 2

Helen Hayes Theatre - What's Next?

bwayfan9
#25re: Helen Hayes Theatre - What's Next?
Posted: 9/17/08 at 5:43pm

vanities

Obama/Biden 08

scaryclowns223 Profile Photo
scaryclowns223
#26re: Helen Hayes Theatre - What's Next?
Posted: 9/17/08 at 5:50pm

The Helen Hayes is built for one-man shows. I wouldn't be surprised at all if RUSSIAN ON THE SIDE moved in. I wouldn't be surprised at all, actually.

Also- the Helen Hayes is probably too small, but Guess Who's Coming to Dinner is supposed to be coming. I imagine, however, that it will take another house.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#27re: Helen Hayes Theatre - What's Next?
Posted: 12/4/18 at 6:25pm

Do we think something will move in for the spring now that Torch Song closes on January 6?

Catsbroadwayfan
#28re: Helen Hayes Theatre - What's Next?
Posted: 12/4/18 at 6:27pm

Im sure another play can squeeze in last minute.

edit: mabye the audra play?

Updated On: 12/4/18 at 06:27 PM

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#29re: Helen Hayes Theatre - What's Next?
Posted: 12/4/18 at 7:21pm

How about GFTNC?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

jonah3500
#30re: Helen Hayes Theatre - What's Next?
Posted: 12/4/18 at 7:21pm

I'd LOVE a Superhero transfer! It would probably come over the summer and have an open run at the Hayes.

InTheBathroom1
#31re: Helen Hayes Theatre - What's Next?
Posted: 12/4/18 at 7:23pm

It might be a stretch to have GFTNC transfer from the Public to a Second Stage Theatre though I agree it would be the right space for it. I hope this happens!

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#32re: Helen Hayes Theatre - What's Next?
Posted: 12/4/18 at 7:26pm

Vanities.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#33re: Helen Hayes Theatre - What's Next?
Posted: 12/4/18 at 7:57pm

The musical or the play?

AnnieBlack
#34re: Helen Hayes Theatre - What's Next?
Posted: 12/4/18 at 8:13pm

Oklahoma- if I'm wrong I will never post here again 

Catsbroadwayfan
#35re: Helen Hayes Theatre - What's Next?
Posted: 12/4/18 at 8:16pm

What happend to CITS???

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#36re: Helen Hayes Theatre - What's Next?
Posted: 12/4/18 at 8:18pm

AnnieBlack said: "Oklahoma- if I'm wrong I will never post here again"

from your fingers to god's ears.

LightsOut90
#37re: Helen Hayes Theatre - What's Next?
Posted: 12/5/18 at 12:27am

Would love a remount of any of the following, Usual Girls, Miles For Mary, Fairview, Mother of The Maid, Dance Nation

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#38re: Helen Hayes Theatre - What's Next?
Posted: 12/5/18 at 12:39am

Oklahoma wouldn’t work in this space. It’s too stylish and cool to make that production work.

Elegance101 Profile Photo
Elegance101
#39re: Helen Hayes Theatre - What's Next?
Posted: 12/5/18 at 12:54am

How would Oklahoma work in this theater? Isn't the entire point of the production the space it's in?

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#40re: Helen Hayes Theatre - What's Next?
Posted: 12/5/18 at 1:05am

Elegance101 said: "How would Oklahoma work in this theater? Isn't the entire point of the production the space it's in?"

Easily. They could reconfigure the set to be a bit more of a cube than a rectangle, add some onstage seats/picnic tables at the back...lots of options. If anyone can make it work, it'll be Daniel Fish. I'm so excited.

LightsOut90
#41re: Helen Hayes Theatre - What's Next?
Posted: 12/5/18 at 3:43am

wonder if maybe The Inheritence takes it, ends its west end run January 19th and has broadway producers attached now, so a transfer is absolutely happening, just a question of when.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#42re: Helen Hayes Theatre - What's Next?
Posted: 12/5/18 at 10:54am

having Broadway producers attached to a show in London absolutely does not mean a transfer is absolutely happening. LOL

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#43re: Helen Hayes Theatre - What's Next?
Posted: 12/5/18 at 12:53pm

Torch Song only closed a month early, one would imagine Second Stage already had plans for what was coming next...

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#44re: Helen Hayes Theatre - What's Next?
Posted: 12/5/18 at 1:24pm

I can't imagine Second Stage hat been looking at the grosses for weeks and not planning on a replacement so they can pull Torch Song early. I like the idea of The Inheritance, especially if it brings John Benjamin Hickey and Vanessa Redgrave back to Broadway. 

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#45re: Helen Hayes Theatre - What's Next?
Posted: 12/5/18 at 1:27pm

Since this is Second Stage's venue, I doubt anything will be going in here that isn't affiliated with Second Stage's programming.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

SomethingPeculiar Profile Photo
SomethingPeculiar
#46re: Helen Hayes Theatre - What's Next?
Posted: 12/5/18 at 2:59pm

Kad said: "Since this is Second Stage's venue, I doubt anything will be going in here that isn't affiliated with Second Stage's programming."

Money's money! If 2ndStage doesn't have a Broadway show ready for the spring, better to rent it out for a limited engagement than have it sit empty. Look at Roundabout, which has basically been operating out of just 1 1/2 of its 3 Broadway houses. (And 2nd Stage was the landlord for The Humans)

I'm told THE INHERITANCE is aiming for Broadway, but not this season.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#47re: Helen Hayes Theatre - What's Next?
Posted: 12/5/18 at 3:15pm

I've also been told that The Inheritance is heading to Broadway, but the Hayes hasn't been in the mix of theaters for consideration.  

WayTooBroadway Profile Photo
WayTooBroadway
#48re: Helen Hayes Theatre - What's Next?
Posted: 12/5/18 at 3:18pm

I haven't been told anything.

"When the audience comes in, it changes the temperature of what you've written." -Stephen Sondheim

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#49re: Helen Hayes Theatre - What's Next?
Posted: 12/5/18 at 5:15pm

Kad said: "Since this is Second Stage'svenue, I doubt anything will be going in here that isn't affiliated with Second Stage's programming."

That's dead wrong.