pixeltracker

What Broadway-Related Names Would You Give Your Children?- Page 4

What Broadway-Related Names Would You Give Your Children?

skb2010 Profile Photo
skb2010
#75re: What Broadway-Related Names Would You Give Your Children?
Posted: 1/3/09 at 10:33pm

I like the name Ira.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I? I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.

Nicholas Clar
#76re: What Broadway-Related Names Would You Give Your Children?
Posted: 1/3/09 at 10:35pm

Nessarose or Fantine possible Elphaba

skb2010 Profile Photo
skb2010
#77re: What Broadway-Related Names Would You Give Your Children?
Posted: 1/3/09 at 10:37pm

I'd probably go with Bella if I had to do something from Wicked. I think it counts.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I? I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#78re: What Broadway-Related Names Would You Give Your Children?
Posted: 1/3/09 at 10:40pm

I want two girls...
Bernadette(Peters)Marie and Kristin(Cheno) Rachel(York) and no the last names are not included.

Theatreboy49 Profile Photo
Theatreboy49
#79re: What Broadway-Related Names Would You Give Your Children?
Posted: 1/3/09 at 10:44pm

If my potential wife has a girl I would love to name her Aurora Leigh (aurora from spiderwoman, Leigh cuz i lvoe the name and like Leigh Ann Larkin and Jenna leigh green)

<------ Me and my friends with patti Lupone at my friends afterparty for her concert with audra mcdonald during the summer of 2007.
"I am sorry but it is an unjust world and virtue is only triumphant in theatricle performances" The Mikado

light_thelights
#80re: What Broadway-Related Names Would You Give Your Children?
Posted: 1/3/09 at 11:01pm

The names I would consider are:

Girls:
Anne
Louise
Laura
Johanna
Rose
Clara
Claudia (probably not, though)

Boys:
Stephen
Ben

Eh, I should probably work on that list. Especially the boys.

It only hurts when I breathe...

kchenofan Profile Photo
kchenofan
#81re: What Broadway-Related Names Would You Give Your Children?
Posted: 1/3/09 at 11:18pm

Choices are as follows:
Boys: Donkey, Chimney Sweep #4, Schmerg The Impaler...just kidding. I don't know about boy names.

Girls: Probably Galinda or Idina, but I might try Nessarose, Kristin, Ariel, or Eden.

Question: Would it be wrong to name a child Cheno? If not, would it be acceptable to make his or her middle name Note?

kchenofan's computer is broken right now. This is her fridge. Now, you can leave a message, but say it slowly, so I can write it on a post-it note and stick it to myself.

MadProps86 Profile Photo
MadProps86
#82re: What Broadway-Related Names Would You Give Your Children?
Posted: 1/3/09 at 11:56pm

I don't know about children's names, but we've got a cat named Cheyenne Jackon.

More precisely, Cheyenne Thackery Binx(black cat like Hocus Pocus) Flotsam Jetsom(he slinks around like them) Gwen Verdon(he sneaks on the floor very Verdonesqe) Stitch(crazy like the Disney character) Tito Jackson.

jaredk3688 Profile Photo
jaredk3688
charmer88 Profile Photo
charmer88
#84re: What Broadway-Related Names Would You Give Your Children?
Posted: 1/4/09 at 10:25am

me and my partner named our daughter Vanessa Rose (after Nessarose) and she usually gets Nessa for short.

jagfkb
#85re: What Broadway-Related Names Would You Give Your Children?
Posted: 1/4/09 at 11:27am

I can't believe noone's said it yet...

Alright, i'll say it...

Well

Well

Hell-

-o

...Dolly

Really.... NOONE?

But seriously, I've always liked the name Jules for a boy (SITPWG), or maybe even Vera (Mame) for a girl. I do like the idea of Nessarose as a name. I would name a girl Heidi, if it wasn't for the fact that an extremely annoying cousin also bears this name and would constantly brag about how we named our child after her. I do like Hunter, however. How about Dickon? I'd be afraid of the nick names for that one, but it's still nice. What else?
Girls:
Eve
Ariel
Babette, and then Babs for short
Tracy
Penny
Velma
Kate
Lucy
Christmas Eve? (Oh come on, it's cute. My religious parents would have a fit, but it's cute)

Boys:
Hunter
Jeff (If I have twin boys... yeah)
Rod (Imagine being named that?)
Princeton
Not a first name, but Beresse as a middle name?
Eric
Simba?
George

Since my birth mother was a twin, there's a high chance I would have twins, and if, by some act of god, I had two twin boys, and two twin girls, I would disregard my one cousin and just name them Hunter, Jeff, Heidi, and Susan. Then Larry would be our dog's name, and if anyother pets pop up, Mindy is number 1 on my list.

ghostlight2
#86re: What Broadway-Related Names Would You Give Your Children?
Posted: 1/4/09 at 11:50am

"I'm seriously thinking of having a boy named Gershwin. Is that an awful first name? "

I like it. Not sure the kid will. Fun to say, though, even shortened: "Hey, Gersh!"

"Not a first name, but Beresse as a middle name?"

I was thinking exactly the same thing. How strange is that? It's distinct, unusual, and it has a nice sound to it. Also fun to say.

Though, btw, it's Ber(r)esse. Without the parentheses. Rhymes with caress.

Updated On: 1/4/09 at 11:50 AM

Celra Profile Photo
Celra
#87re: What Broadway-Related Names Would You Give Your Children?
Posted: 1/4/09 at 2:56pm

I'd go with Angel (RENT) or Sheila (Hair) if I had a girl.

PiraguaGuy2
#88re: What Broadway-Related Names Would You Give Your Children?
Posted: 1/4/09 at 2:59pm

Why would you name it something from RENT? You could seriously damage your child's developing ears by screaming at the top of your lungs every time you or someone else mentioned their name!

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

mormonophobic Profile Photo
mormonophobic
#89re: What Broadway-Related Names Would You Give Your Children?
Posted: 1/4/09 at 3:21pm

I clearly spend too much time on this board and apparently too much on this thread. I had a nightmare (dreams don't come in this shade) that there was a kid named Fiyero Chenzel. And then I threw up a bit.

Celra Profile Photo
Celra
#90re: What Broadway-Related Names Would You Give Your Children?
Posted: 1/4/09 at 3:35pm

Why would you name it something from RENT? You could seriously damage your child's developing ears by screaming at the top of your lungs every time you or someone else mentioned their name!

I can always lie when my kid asks why they are named that. I'll be like "Beacause you became my Angel the day you were born"

Beats saying "Yeah your named after a Drag Queen with AIDS"

Schmerg_The_Impaler Profile Photo
Schmerg_The_Impaler
#91re: What Broadway-Related Names Would You Give Your Children?
Posted: 1/4/09 at 3:50pm

I actually really love the name 'Gershwin.' Sounds cool. A little bit dorky, but in a cool-dorky sort of way.

Jagfkb, I love the name 'Jules' as well. Julian is one of my favourite names, and I'd definitely use Jules as a nickname.

Mormonophobic, that's like my horrible dream that I had a son named Triton!

Kchenofan, I am glad you have included me in the illustrious ranks of Chimney Sweep Number 4, but... slightly offended that you'd imply that Schmerg_The_Impaler is a boy's name. Isn't it blossoming with feminine charm and beauty? *Runs away crying*

In my pants, she has burst like the music of angels, the light of the sun! --Marius Pantsmercy

MillieDillmount Profile Photo
MillieDillmount
#92re: What Broadway-Related Names Would You Give Your Children?
Posted: 1/4/09 at 4:20pm

I've had this name picked out for a while now ... I am gonna name my first born girl Elizabeth Sutton, and call her Liza as her nickname. I think it's really cute. [Elizabeth isn't from a character, I've just always loved that name, but Liza after Liza Minelli and Sutton after Sutton Foster.]

Also, for pets right now I have a cat named Sutton, and a cat named Molly after the smallest oprhan in Annie. And I named a raccoon that dad feeds in the summer Millie after Throughly Modern Millie.

Manny2
#93re: What Broadway-Related Names Would You Give Your Children?
Posted: 1/4/09 at 4:29pm

"Beats saying 'Yeah your named after a Drag Queen with AIDS'"

You make that sound derogatory. And, if you're gonna name your kid after a drag queen w/ aids, live up to it, don't lye about it, cause then it makes it seem like it's a taboo.

I've decided that Daphne and Riff-Raff are other possibilites.

#94re: What Broadway-Related Names Would You Give Your Children?
Posted: 1/4/09 at 4:34pm

Speaking of Fiddler on the Roof names (not that anyone was), my best friend's name is Golda (named after a relative). For years she had to endure my dear grandmother saying "Golda! Give Tevya my regards!" everytime she saw her. And my cousins name is Chava, so my mother always used to sing "Little bird, Little Chavalah" to her. And my cousin from my other side is Maria, so she was also frequenty serenaded. I always felt incredibly excluded.

Anyway, I would so name my son Leaf Coneybear. Yeah.

And unrelated to Shrek, I actually love the name Fiona.

MaryPoppinsFan
#95re: What Broadway-Related Names Would You Give Your Children?
Posted: 1/4/09 at 5:00pm

I would name my daughter Nellie, after Nellie Forbush in South Pacific, or Rose, and yes I know this isn't exactly on Broadway, but Rose like from the Golden Girls, Hey! Estelle Getty was on Broadway a few times, so was Bea Arthur! lol Hm, and if I had a boy, I would name him, Tony or Gavin (Tony, from West Side Story) or Gavin, just because that would be a kickin name for a kid.

Everybody sing, like it's the last song you will ever sing/ Everybody live, like it's the last day you will ever see

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#96re: What Broadway-Related Names Would You Give Your Children?
Posted: 1/4/09 at 6:42pm

I'm not planning on having kids, but...

My bird is named Benjamin Coffin the Bird ~ and yes, I call him Benny.

One of my best friends has a cat she named Riff Raff.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
StephanietheStar
#97re: What Broadway-Related Names Would You Give Your Children?
Posted: 1/4/09 at 7:21pm

just about my whole life I've wanted to name my daughter Ariel. So now that counts since The Little Mermaid is on B'way. I actually really like the name Clara, too (from my favorite show "The Light in the Piazza")...though I wouldn't let her near any ponies...

and all that I could do because of you was talk of love...

legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
#98re: What Broadway-Related Names Would You Give Your Children?
Posted: 1/4/09 at 7:28pm

Mazzepa, Electra, and Tessie Tura.

allofmylife Profile Photo
allofmylife
#99re: What Broadway-Related Names Would You Give Your Children?
Posted: 1/4/09 at 7:51pm

My kids, Intermission Dalliance and Wannabuya Hoofer love their connection with the stage.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=972787#3631451 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=963561#3533883 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=955158#3440952 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=954269#3427915 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=955012#3441622 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=954344#3428699