News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024- Page 7

CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#150CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/6/23 at 11:25am

Oy, that article (post 125?) has me worried that I'll be priced out of this entirely.  

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#151CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/6/23 at 12:52pm

lopside said: "This production is not going to tour, no matter what you think about its degree of immersiveness."

Personally I think they could tour this production and it would still be great. But, I think their whole recoupment strategy is to turn it into an experience and event that can only be found in New York (or in London, ofc). 

lopside
#152CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/6/23 at 1:01pm

jkcohen626 said: "lopside said: "This production is not going to tour, no matter what you think about its degree of immersiveness."

Personally I think they could tour this production and it would still be great. But, I think their whole recoupment strategy is to turn it into an experience and event that can only be found in New York (or in London, ofc).
"

That's exactly what I meant. 

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#153CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/6/23 at 2:36pm

Kind of shocked we still don't have casting confirmation or a ticket sale date.

hearthemsing22
#154CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/6/23 at 2:42pm

FANtomFollies said: "Kind of shocked we still don't have casting confirmation or a ticket sale date."

They're really building it up 

goodtimes123
#155CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/6/23 at 3:59pm

Ensemble1696584123 said: "jkcohen626 said: "Maybe prepping for a filmed announcement of some kind?"

They already filmed what seemed like a pretty big promo thing last month. The guy who is doing the video stuff over at Lloyd´s Sunset does all promo-y stuff for ATG so have been following him a while. He did some stuff for Merrily after that and that seems to already have aired, so no sure what the hangup for this is. Maybe they want to announce closer to ticket sale and don't have seating arrangement finalized.
"

Do you have a link to his insta? Would love to give his account a follow!

east side story Profile Photo
east side story
#156CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/18/23 at 7:14pm

Still nothing regarding ticket sales or casting? 

ghosted
Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#158CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/18/23 at 7:43pm

Adrienne Warren as Sally? Interesting!

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
nativenewyorker2
#160CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/18/23 at 8:29pm

ghosted said: "long time lurker, first time poster

https://www.instagram.com/cabaretbway/
"

You’ve been square one’d

east side story
#161CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/18/23 at 8:54pm

Oh, no. Gayle Rankin is definitely Sally. Still curious about ticket info.

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#162CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/18/23 at 9:16pm

nativenewyorker2 said: "ghosted said: "long time lurker, first time poster

"

You’ve been square one’d
"

Or maybe they're trying to Square One us. 

east side story
#163CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/22/23 at 8:04pm

@kitkatclubnyc updated their social media. Maybe an update soon?

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#164CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/22/23 at 8:06pm

Looks like they’re gearing up for a cast announcement tomorrow. The official Instagram posted a Sally and Emcee silhouette and a still that says 10/23.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#165CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/22/23 at 8:08pm

Correct. Redmayne and Rankin to be announced tomorrow morning.

Oh look, a bibu!

Dylan Smith4
#166CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/22/23 at 8:09pm

That silhouette of the emcee looks exactly like Eddie Redmayne! Exciting!

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#167CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/22/23 at 8:24pm

They might as well get Mason Alexander Park to understudy Redmayne, given they'll already be replacing him full-time in September. 

Oh look, a bibu!

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#168CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/22/23 at 8:43pm

ghosted said: "long time lurker, first time poster

"

STAY GHOSTING

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Dylan Smith4
#169CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/22/23 at 9:21pm

EDSOSLO858 said: "They might as well get Mason Alexander Park to understudy Redmayne, given they'll already be replacing him full-time in September."

I really hope so! After seeing them twice in London this past summer, I would literally plan my visit to the show just to see them as the emcee. I still wanna see Eddie as the emcee though. 

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
barcelona20
#171CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/22/23 at 9:42pm

I just don't understand how anyone can enjoy Redmayne's singing. 

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#172CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/22/23 at 9:55pm

EDSOSLO858 said: "They might as well get Mason Alexander Park to understudy Redmayne, given they'll already be replacing him full-time in September.

"

I'd love that, but Mason already has a career that keeps building on their own. Tying them into being a standby would not only stunt their freedom of getting new projects, but put places them as second fiddle to Eddie. Which from everything I've seen, Mason is far better than Eddie anyway. Replacement? Absolutely. 

tacotheatrelover Profile Photo
tacotheatrelover
#173CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/22/23 at 10:36pm

Still wanting Fra to come back, Now, if there is someone for the Emcee understudy or standby I’d love. Pierre Marais who’s in Aladdin on broadway right now did the role at the Alabama Shakespeare Festival and I saw him in that role 17 times and I just adore his emcee, would absolutely love to see him in the role again.

blasvader
#174CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 10/22/23 at 10:51pm

Pierre Marais, sure sure. Guy played the role like he was playing Christian in Moulin Rouge, replete with sentimental lovelorn piano playing.

Updated On: 10/22/23 at 10:51 PM

Videos